Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spanos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Eli Wiggum posted:

This isn't Pacman Jones...or is that :thejoke:

really? I typed "pacman jones arrested" into google image search and that's the third result.

poo poo so I guess it's from this blog post which captions the image with "My guess is the arrest looked something like this picture but that is just speculation" so gently caress. This is what amounts to ethics in sports journalism these days

Here is a much less fun image for those of you who demand authenticity in your pacman arrest photos

and here's a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USvAO5g71rc

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Pacman is douchier by a hair. The main reason is that the Spanos clan is douchey for money and power while Pacman is a douche to no one's benefit (and his own detriment, even) but he refuses to apologize or change.

That being said, Family Spanos is gonna win this whole shebang.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Leper the picture you posted earlier was of WWE wrestler R. Truth, who wrestled in TNA under his real name Ron Killings. I do know that Pacman Jones did have a stint in TNA a while back but don't know if he feuded with Killings or not, which may be why that photo showed up in your search.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

WampaLord posted:

They're creepy and they're kooky,

Mysterious and spooky,

They're altogether ooky,

The Spanos Family!

This. gently caress the Spanos Family.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Leperflesh posted:

really? I typed "pacman jones arrested" into google image search and that's the third result.

This has been a running joke since that mistake was first made.

Long story: the man in that photo is Ron "The Truth" Killings, a.k.a. R-Truth in WWE. In 2007, when Jones was suspended by the NFL for the Las Vegas incident, Killings and Pac-Man Jones were in a tag team in the wrestling promotion now known as Global Force Wrestling. They even won the Tag Team titles! However, Pac-Man was severely limited to what he could do in the ring by the NFL, so he couldn't...you know....wrestle. It was a contractual boondoggle. Anyway, it's been a common problem that that ONE PICTURE is used to show Pac-Man Jones when it's not.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Dean Spanos and family

e: Let me expand on this one, because people are somehow not voting for the worse of the TWO goddamn team stealing fucklord owners.

San Diego Charger Fans Got hosed to the Last http://deadspin.com/san-diego-chargers-fans-got-hosed-to-the-last-1791333364

quote:

Keep in mind that Spanos did NOT make any effort to build a Chargers stadium in San Diego. He made an effort to get the city to pay for one. It’s not the same thing. And it’s no sign of disloyalty for a town to wise up and tell someone like Spanos to gently caress off and pay for that poo poo himself. Any bullshit about San Diego being unable to support a football team is exactly that, and it rings hollow given that the Chargers are about to relocate to a town that clearly does not want them… a town where they will struggle to fill a soccer stadium, a town where people only give a poo poo about you if they know you can do something for them. The Chargers are about to become the NFL’s first unofficial orphan franchise. They’ll technically be the L.A. Chargers, but spiritually they will be nowhere. They will be nobodies, existing strictly as an asset to be sold off, there to fill up fantasy lineups and Sunday Ticket matchups.

This is the poo poo Chargers fans have to eat after investing years of their lives in a team. The waste is palpable. And yeah, being a sports fan is a choice, and an irrational one at that. But that doesn’t make the coming void in their lives any less pronounced. There is little to assuage the bitterness of watching a spoiled brat spend $650 million(?!) for the privilege of making your favorite team a football non-entity… a move that was the result of a contractual favor that the rest of the NFL almost surely now regrets. Even league champions like Peter King have openly ripped the move.

No One Wants You, Dean Spanos http://deadspin.com/no-one-wants-you-dean-spanos-1791110519

quote:

At the very least this allows us to finally dispense with the fiction that the NFL and its owners care about their fans, or about anything but profit. Sports Illustrated’s Jack Dickey nails it: These are land barons, and the only true currency in the NFL is property. The real money is not in attendance, or merchandise, or even in TV contracts—though there is plenty there. The real money is in obtaining a shiny new stadium, because of what that stadium does for the sale price of the team. The relocation may double the value of the Rams; Dean Spanos looked at that and said “me too.” From the second they buy an NFL franchise, owners are focused on one thing: selling it.

Spanos could have stayed in San Diego. His family’s worth is placed north of $2 billion. The NFL offered him $300 million toward a new stadium in San Diego. He’s now going to pay a $650 million relocation fee. He is not staying because the Los Angeles Chargers will be worth more to a potential buyer than the San Diego Chargers ever will. Actual San Diego fans do not matter, have never mattered to him.

:wtc: at the bolded part in particular.

Dean Spanos Isn't Done Crapping On Chargers Fans Just Yet http://deadspin.com/dean-spanos-isnt-done-crapping-on-chargers-fans-just-ye-1759629043

quote:

It’s hard to miss the inherent cruelty of this strategy. Chargers fans already lived through a nightmare season, and now Spanos’s people are going to come knocking on their doors, essentially saying, “Hey, don’t you want to help save the Chargers? All you have to do is be a good fan and help us strongarm the local government into giving us a bunch of money. Sign here!”

Meanwhile, Spanos has $300 million of the NFL’s money burning a hole in his pocket and is up another $550 million from the relocation fee he ended up not having to pay. But he still needs that public money, for some reason, and he needs the fans and the politicians and the “business community” to go and get it for him. It’s a nice scam he has working: If the efforts to keep the Chargers in San Diego break down and he ends up going to L.A. anyway, it will look like everyone’s fault but his own.

gently caress this guy forever and ever, seriously, what the gently caress.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 25, 2017

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

all-Rush mixtape posted:

This has been a running joke since that mistake was first made.

Long story: the man in that photo is Ron "The Truth" Killings, a.k.a. R-Truth in WWE. In 2007, when Jones was suspended by the NFL for the Las Vegas incident, Killings and Pac-Man Jones were in a tag team in the wrestling promotion now known as Global Force Wrestling. They even won the Tag Team titles! However, Pac-Man was severely limited to what he could do in the ring by the NFL, so he couldn't...you know....wrestle. It was a contractual boondoggle. Anyway, it's been a common problem that that ONE PICTURE is used to show Pac-Man Jones when it's not.

Its K-KWIK to you...

Also gently caress The Spanos Family

JusticeforRoss

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pacman jones because im the guy who rates movies based on where their score should be on imdb, as well

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The Spanos family is gonna make the Chargers play in an MLS stadium, lol

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Clan Spanos sucks.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Spanos

seiferguy posted:

The Spanos family is gonna make the Chargers play in an MLS stadium, lol

I wonder if Galaxy fans are going to complain about the Chargers loving up the field, there's gotta be more Galaxy fans in LA than Chargers fans, and I know A's fans would bitch about sharing the stadium with the Raiders whenever the A's made the postseason.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Pacman Jones

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Skwirl posted:

I wonder if Galaxy fans are going to complain about the Chargers loving up the field, there's gotta be more Galaxy fans in LA than Chargers fans, and I know A's fans would bitch about sharing the stadium with the Raiders whenever the A's made the postseason.
I don't think the NFL postseason runs long enough to interfere with the MLS season, and it's not quite as bad as the A's/Raiders dynamic because both sports are just played on grass (as opposed to the baseball diamond in the middle of the Coliseum for half the Raiders' season).

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Incoherence posted:

I don't think the NFL postseason runs long enough to interfere with the MLS season, and it's not quite as bad as the A's/Raiders dynamic because both sports are just played on grass (as opposed to the baseball diamond in the middle of the Coliseum for half the Raiders' season).

The MLS season runs March through October, with postseason out until early December (which the Galaxy likely won't have to worry about this year).

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Former NWA-TNA Tag Team Champion Pacman Jones due to his incredibly terrible TNA theme music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEHDfheDRYY

WHY DONCHA LEAVE EM ALONEEEEE

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
I'm changing my vote to Dean Spanos and his crotchspawn since there have been others who're voting for Pacman.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There's a few hours left to vote but despite a lot of lazy one-point votes for Spanos, the margin is big enough that I'm comfortable declaring Spanos family wins, 24-8.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Did my Adams family lyrics post count as a three pointer?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jason Whitlock vs. People who Insisted Kaepernick Insulted the Troops

Jason Whitlock is a bloviating shithead who attacks other black people (including especially football players) for being too street or whatever, and also he is a bad boss and business man.

smug fedora man with toxic opinions

People who insisted Kaep insulted the troops aggressively avoided discussing institutionalized oppression of black people by the police in America by twisting the meaning of his protest and in the process ironically exposing our country's really unhealthy obsession with the military.

#notalltroops :patriot:

If these troops aren't insulted, then nobody needs to get insulted on their behalf.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Did my Adams family lyrics post count as a three pointer?

Yes. You cited several vote-able attributes of the Spanos family.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jason whitlock because he is the one true choice of hall of famers

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I'll cast my first vote in this contest for the Kaep people. Over the past decade, the most insufferable group of people to emerge from a growing number of them are the military jock sniffers. All the military people I've met and known didn't need a bunch of arm chair generals getting offended on their behalf.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 26, 2017

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

http://www.foxsports.com/watch/speak-for-yourself/video/1003681347744
Jason Whitlock talks about Colin Kaepernick's defenders and says they are doing more harm than good.

^Watch

Jason Whitlock says fighting against racism is 'stupid' during bizarre anti-Kaepernick rant
He also calls Kaepernick "Black Tim Tebow"

Jason Whitlock is distilled Kaep people with celebrated self-loathing on top of that

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Leperflesh posted:

#notalltroops :patriot:

If these troops aren't insulted, then nobody needs to get insulted on their behalf.
Between this and an obese self-hating racist, I'm picking Whitlock

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Whitlock

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
gently caress Kaep Haters

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Jason Whitlock

Reason being is that he himself is a Kaepernick hater but has a much broader platform to spread his awful opinions.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jason Whitlock

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
J
A
S
O
N

W
H
I
T
L
O
C
K

(2 pts)

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Whitlock because of the "should be a person" rule.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Jason Whitlock he's not only a specific Kaep person but a proto-Cosby.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Jason Whitlock.

Ninurta fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 26, 2017

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Jason Whitlock is not only a Kaep hater, he's the "black pundit" that a bunch of chucklefucks get to cite as evidence that they're not being racist when they hate on Kaepernick's protest.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Whitlock, per above.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Incoherence posted:

Jason Whitlock is not only a Kaep hater, he's the "black pundit" that a bunch of chucklefucks get to cite as evidence that they're not being racist when they hate on Kaepernick's protest.

It's so much worse than just the Kaep issue. Like, anytime anyone needs a big black man to come apologize for whitey Jason's there.

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/888560422621728769/photo/1

It's a shame he's gone insane, although he was never all there. His podcast where he had his barber just going off on Tebow for like 45 minutes is still one of the funnier podcast things I've ever heard.

e: Oops I didn't vote, Jason Whitlock.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
LeBron gave a speech when his home was defaced with a racial slur saying he wanted to reveal the vandalism rather than hide it because he was following the lead of Emmett Till's mother, who had an open-casket funeral for her son to show the wages of racism. Frequent Tucker Carlson guest Jason Whitlock intentionally misinterpreted this as LeBron comparing himself his house vandalized to Till's murder. That will always be Whitlock's play. Anytime a black athlete speaks up about injustice, Whitlock will be there to say they're no civil rights era hero and should therefore shut up.

Kaep haters are just racists and they'll do racist poo poo no matter what the circumstances. Whitlock gives those people an ally to legitimize their bullshit. Without people like Whitlock giving them cover, their racism would be more apparent and more easily dismissed.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Tucker Carlson getting involved in sports is about as awkward as it gets. Also finding out he's basically compromised his own beliefs in every way possible just so he could have O'Reilly's old timeslot is just hilarious.

His guest Jason Whitlock? Not so much. He shouldn't have a bully pulpit, but people like Carlson enable his horseshit views by giving him one. Really, there's no reason he should be infecting his terrible opinions on the world and I feel dumber for having looked some of his poo poo up. He deserves to earn the Darren Rovell Noticed SA.com Memorial Award for being a fuckwit on camera and getting away with it. Too bad that's not a thing, so I'll settle for voting for him.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Neil Armbong posted:

I'll cast my first vote in this contest for the Kaep people. Over the past decade, the most insufferable group of people to emerge from a growing number of them are the military jock sniffers. All the military people I've met and known didn't need a bunch of arm chair generals getting offended on their behalf.

I think this has to win out because of the grotesque way that the NFL has wrapped itself in militaristic patriotism. They are basically saying:

"Are you questioning whether this dangerous sport played by comparatively underpaid young men is worth their lifelong injuries just so you can feel a twinge of your excitement in your twisted, selfish, cholesterol-encrusted heart? After pretending to listen while sitting in church and making sure people see that you put a 5 in the collection plate, are you feeling guilty about how these men get their brains liquefied just so you can feel some camaraderie with other like-minded local boobs without the actual trouble of actually getting to know them or exposing yourself for the shallow uninteresting dullard you truly are?

Don't worry your empty little head over it. We can alleviate that guilt with a handy distraction. Now, being the vapid, fruitless cultural wasteland that America is today, we are aware that there is so little remaining of value that has not already been strip mined and paved over. Fortunately for us, we lack the necessary shred of human decency to consider anything sacrosanct, so please join us in desecrating one of the last few unselfish noble goods left to our soulless, nihilistic collective: voluntary military service. Why yes, the sacrifice of these athlete's golden years is just like the noble sacrifice of the men and women who die young because they believed in something greater than themselves. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Oh, and in exchange for all that we've done for you, would you occasionally mind channeling this energy into social roadblocks to things that challenge the status quo? Thanks, you're a doll."

And the Kaep People basically say, "Yup."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Even though Whitlock will win this I've been championing Kaep people through this and will stick with them.

Its a shame we don't have a trans player this year who could do the same thing tbh. Would be funny to see the outrage at that.

• Locked thread