Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lmao holding back on 15 bucks good lord only on this forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If anything give them 15$ to incentivize them to keep making poo poo for d3 which is a really cool game

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

euphronius posted:

If anything give them 15$ to incentivize them to keep making poo poo for d3 which is a really cool game

Whoa buddy, you're encroaching on my tendies budget.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

15 bucks is a lot of money to some people ok. Check your privilege

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I get artisanal tendies made with good chicken that cost more than $15 a pop

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
A Necro every season, 2 tabs in every stash; vote for me for president.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I get artisanal tendies made with good chicken that cost more than $15 a pop

would you say that is a DLC's worth of tendies?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Virtue posted:

The thing is that nobody ever says "gosh I can't afford it due to my financial straits"

It's always "Fuckin' Blizzard set the price above its arbitrary fair market value of [less than $15] and that's BULLSHIT"

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
gonna go make a Witch Doctor named Chicken Tendies

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The thing is that nobody ever says "gosh I can't afford it due to my financial straits"

It's always "Fuckin' Blizzard set the price above its arbitrary fair market value of [less than $15] and that's BULLSHIT"

It sure is unreasonable to not buy things if the price is higher than you think it's worth

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

dangerdoom volvo posted:

It sure is unreasonable to not buy things if the price is higher than you think it's worth

I disagree with this statement

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

would you say that is a DLC's worth of tendies?

Tendies are the game. Sauce is the DLC

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
So my character sucks and is struggling at GR 80 ~ 11 min clear time. Need to know what is the most cost effective way to improve atm.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/mikec81-1133/hero/92075095

I am thinking of moving away from Zei's since I have to run around a lot and scoop up blood a lot and that puts me into close proximity of enemies but not sure what to take. I could use Eso I guess. Also I know my compass rose is loving rear end but for some reason, they seem to be allergic to dropping double crit versions of it.

Also considering moving off Endless walk set entirely and replacing it with a Unity and some sort of better neck. Open to suggestions

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
CoE needs a rework so badly. It's not fun to need one in the cube for all the top-tier builds and having it be timed is the worst part about it. I figured out a way to fix it but because it means a new gem class it will never happen:

1) Bring back sapphires
2) Have CoE automatically roll a socket and boost whatever element by 50-60%:
Ruby - Fire, Topaz - Lightning, Emerald - Poison, Sapphire - Cold, Amethyst - Holy/Arcane, Diamond - Physical
2a) If you use the socket for a legendary gem it does nothing extra
3) No cubing; you have to wear it

No class can do both Arcane and Holy to my knowledge but if someone figures out a build to exploit Amethysts it would be sufficiently gimmicky to not be a world-beater.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 27, 2017

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
How come sometimes I enter a rift and there are only like 5 monsters?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BobbyK posted:

Because you touch yourself at night

(Seriously I'm at the point with my impale build where advancing is totally up to the quality of the GR. Sitting at about ~30 on Xbone DH and there isn't much appreciably different in the gear of #1-#30. If I don't get a chance to build and sustain neph glory and gem buffs, welp)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

BobbyK posted:

Monster density in rifts varies, but it's based to a fairly significant degree on what kind of map is used for a level. Big outdoor areas tend to have lots of monsters, zones with narrow corridor don't have as many. There's really nothing you can do about it – sometimes you just get crappy rifts like that.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Question for DH pros: is your off hand a pure stat stick if you have a hand crossbow in there, or do some skills actually use the damage roll? I have a fully sick ancient Dawn that has a terrible Legendary Cooldown (lowest possible) and a regular one that has max. I'd love to use the regular one if the damage roll of the off hand doesn't matter.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Virtue posted:

It costs you $10 to post here so this is probably not the point you think you are making.

No one is saying you should go hungry or skip your bills for Necro pack, but if you already like the game it's kind of a no brainer.

Bottom Liner posted:

I don't smoke, drink dew, or play stupid int classes :colbert:

Stash

Tabs

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jul 27, 2017

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
For what build? Nats used a stat stick in the offhand because rain and crashing beast always use the mainhand damage, but most abilities will alternate between the two.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Dunno what they did but I've gotten a pretty decent number of rifts or rift levels (greater) with about a million goddamn blazing guardians. I think I hate those things more than the goat spearmen from back in the day.

mewse
May 2, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Question for DH pros: is your off hand a pure stat stick if you have a hand crossbow in there, or do some skills actually use the damage roll? I have a fully sick ancient Dawn that has a terrible Legendary Cooldown (lowest possible) and a regular one that has max. I'd love to use the regular one if the damage roll of the off hand doesn't matter.

Suspicious posted:

For what build? Nats used a stat stick in the offhand because rain and crashing beast always use the mainhand damage, but most abilities will alternate between the two.

Yeah I'm not a DH expert but I know dual wield monk builds, practically all their abilities would switch between the two weapons for damage calculations, and I'd have to think the same is true for DH and you really want a good DPS weapon in both hands.

One exception is that ridiculous LoH FoK build for DH, FoK apparently only uses mainhand so people would roll the bonus dmg off their offhand, it was real weird.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'm spending 15 dollars right now on food I don't really want because I didn't feel like driving 10 minutes home between work and an appointment. Yesterday i spent 30 dollars on a combination vest/shawl because I thought it looked funny.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Every dollar I spend on video games actually saves me money, because it helpfully keeps me out of the world where I'd probably buy snowcones.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the gently caress am i supposed to do to complete the helltooth dungeon? uh, yeah, not taking poison damage is gonna be hard considering EVERYTHING I DO IS POISON, SO THERE'S GREEN ALL OVER THE loving PLACE. Also, "Kill 20 enemies with a single wall of death" does this mean...kill 20 enemies that are INSIDE a wall of death? or do i only kill them WITH wall of death? What the gently caress is with the vague rear end descriptions

edit: do i even get anything good from this

ahahahaha holy gently caress full helltooth makes me shred through everything on torment 5, even with two friends. im killing em all, bitch!!!

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jul 27, 2017

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

spit on my clit posted:

the gently caress am i supposed to do to complete the helltooth dungeon? uh, yeah, not taking poison damage is gonna be hard considering EVERYTHING I DO IS POISON, SO THERE'S GREEN ALL OVER THE loving PLACE. Also, "Kill 20 enemies with a single wall of death" does this mean...kill 20 enemies that are INSIDE a wall of death? or do i only kill them WITH wall of death? What the gently caress is with the vague rear end descriptions

no they arent worth it at all unless you really want a stash tab

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dislike button posted:

no they arent worth it at all unless you really want a stash tab

are you loving kidding me

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I found a really cool ring that makes dudes explode if they're feared when they die, which chains into fearing other dudes which then explode because my skeletons kill them and it'll just wipe out whole packs. I really want to try and work this into a build on its own because I love it.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

spit on my clit posted:

ahahahaha holy gently caress full helltooth makes me shred through everything on torment 5, even with two friends. im killing em all, bitch!!!

Im surprised with how much you post here you are not on TX yet

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The belly-aching over set dungeons has always been overwrought, but now that they have been patched every class has at least one total faceroll dungeon and if you can't finish it in 30 minute of trying just google "X Class Set Dungeon Team BRG". I havent tried any of the Necro ones, but Vyr's, Immortal King, Invoker, Inna's and M6 are very doable with basically minimal effort.

Yeah they were extremely poorly implemented at first, but I also spent the last 4 seasons fishing the RNG enemy placement, so now that you an see mobs on the map from the beginning only the most bullshit ones are worth complaining over. Helltooth and Tal' Rasha are stupid because the hitbox on the rockworm is totally bullshit and like the above poster said, your poison isn't a different color than the demon's poison. Just look up the easy dungeon, cube the gear and do it.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

spit on my clit posted:

Wastes barbarian set requires you not to take physical damage and get rend off on a bunch of dudes multiple times. I want the Light set for paladins dungeon, that one was stupid easy.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So if anyone knows, I'm looking for Leoric's Shinbone. It spawns in the manor fireplace, I know that much. But is that the same manor you warp right in front of in adventure mode? Because the guides don't mention that warp at all.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Suspicious posted:

UE Nade spam. My Ancient Dawn is fully sick save for the crap 50% Vengeance Roll :negative:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

UE Nade spam. My Ancient Dawn is fully sick save for the crap 50% Vengeance Roll :negative:

also posting from the laptop for the first time so I can see I have a new 'tar. Destiny 2 beta was crap!!!!111

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So does the Tall Man's Finger's "Gargantuan dog deals more damage than all dogs combined" stack with the amount of dogs I can have active?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm saying it's not very much money. Break a $20 buying a meal off the Mickey D's dollar menu and you've got enough change for the Necro Pack.

What about the necro pack is Poor Spending Choices?

I actually take back what I said because the necro is a lot of fun. However I've seen this very argument used a lot and it confuses me to no end. Should I buy every game under $10 just because it costs similarly to junk food?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

spit on my clit posted:

cube a mara's. done.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

spit on my clit posted:

So does the Tall Man's Finger's "Gargantuan dog deals more damage than all dogs combined" stack with the amount of dogs I can have active?
Yes. The more lesser dogs you'd have, the harder the big dog hits.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
its a real bad choice. pet builds already have to deal with tardo pets and having all your spell dps in one idiot is going to slow you down even further even if its "more"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Eh, dog doesn't drop off until post T6, if they're just running T6 with friends then big dog will be tons of fun. I remember the WD thread when that ring was every endgame build's lynchpin and we were all just like "Yaaaaaaaas queeeeeen" the whole time