Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Don't feel bad for United, it's free publicity because they suffer absolutely no negative consequences

I mean seriously their stock price went up after they beat up a guy

I want to say American took a bigger hit to their stock by raising employee wages than United gained or lost from any of the beating fallout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Don't feel bad for United, it's free publicity because they suffer absolutely no negative consequences

I mean seriously their stock price went up after they beat up a guy

I bought and it was back up a little more than a month later. Airlines give no fucks.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Zeroisanumber posted:

I bought and it was back up a little more than a month later. Airlines give no fucks.

Crime of the future, airlines take passengers hostage to demand more money.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Godholio posted:

Not sure what you mean by this bit.

The tweeted policy can't be done. For a poo poo ton of reasons.

So what is going to happen is something similar to the travel ban where he writes an order, its blocked by courts, rewritten, gets blocked again, and then congress pulls Article 1, Section 8.

That last part is the rule that essentially gives congress the power to control manning regulations. It's the way they created DADT.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The tragic part is all the ARE TROOPS AMERICA #1 types I know that are cheering this on. Like, we all knew it was faux patriotism, hollow thank you's and crocodile tears but watching how quickly they turned because THOSE PEOPLE are getting hosed is still kinda sad despite knowing it would happen eventually.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Looks like Foxconn is building a new factory in Wisconsin.

EDIT: http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2017/07/26/scott-walker-heads-d-c-trump-prepares-wisconsin-foxconn-announcement/512077001/

Scott Walker is hosting a joint press conference with Trump.

BigDave fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jul 26, 2017

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

BigDave posted:

EDIT: http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2017/07/26/scott-walker-heads-d-c-trump-prepares-wisconsin-foxconn-announcement/512077001/

Didn't walker basically cripple unions in that state or was that only public ones? If its the former that sucks cause most of the jobs are probably gonna be 'part time' and hired through staffing agencies that take like 1/4 of your paycheck

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/890317830754902016

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

BigDave posted:

Noice now white people can jump out of windows to escape their slavery too

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The tragic part is all the ARE TROOPS AMERICA #1 types I know that are cheering this on. Like, we all knew it was faux patriotism, hollow thank you's and crocodile tears but watching how quickly they turned because THOSE PEOPLE are getting hosed is still kinda sad despite knowing it would happen eventually.

"Why do we make the military pay for sex changes"

maybe because that's the loving deal just like any other part

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The Great Negotiator makes another brilliant deal.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If that Politico article is in any way accurate Mattis is probably pissed as hell, since Trump is actively putting words in the mouth of the Pentagon when it was a 100% political decision.

EXTERIOR: A TROPICAL BEACH

-An older man reclines on a beach chair. A half empty drink with an umbrella sits on the sand next to him. He watches the waves roll in with a relaxed air. Although he has put his burdens down for the moment, the bodyguards with earpieces and Hawaiian shirts concealing their gun belts stand at a tasteful distance, breaking the illusion of a pensioner at his leisure.

Jim Mattis: (under his breath) ".. don't know the reason, stayed here all season..."

-an AIDE hurries across the sand from the direction of the hotel. Nervous, scattered, dreading having to give his boss bad news.

JM: "...but it's a real beauty, a Mexican cutie..."

Aide: "Mister Secretary, sir, the President just went on Twitter and..."

JIM MATTIS puts his fingers in his ears

JM: (at the top of his lungs) "WASTED AWAY AGAIN IN MARGARITAVILLE. LOOKIN' FOR MY LOST SHAKER OF SALT!"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If they scrapped the F35 they could fund the border wall and healthcare.

Nah gently caress that lets go after a drop in the bucket of our drat near trillion dollar defense budget instead.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TBeats posted:

If they scrapped the F35 they could fund the border wall and healthcare.

Nah gently caress that lets go after a drop in the bucket of our drat near trillion dollar defense budget instead.
Scrapping a plane to funnel more money into his pockets build his stupid wall would be even worse.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/eternalkerri/status/890229460942848002

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

EXTERIOR: A TROPICAL BEACH

-An older man reclines on a beach chair. A half empty drink with an umbrella sits on the sand next to him. He watches the waves roll in with a relaxed air. Although he has put his burdens down for the moment, the bodyguards with earpieces and Hawaiian shirts concealing their gun belts stand at a tasteful distance, breaking the illusion of a pensioner at his leisure.

Jim Mattis: (under his breath) ".. don't know the reason, stayed here all season..."

-an AIDE hurries across the sand from the direction of the hotel. Nervous, scattered, dreading having to give his boss bad news.

JM: "...but it's a real beauty, a Mexican cutie..."

Aide: "Mister Secretary, sir, the President just went on Twitter and..."

JIM MATTIS puts his fingers in his ears

JM: (at the top of his lungs) "WASTED AWAY AGAIN IN MARGARITAVILLE. LOOKIN' FOR MY LOST SHAKER OF SALT!"

I am pretty sure this is the only way Mattis can stay sane.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

orange juche posted:

I am pretty sure this is the only way Mattis can stay sane.

The man probably can just ask for access to any artillery training range in the country and get it with almost zero notice ahead of time.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.

FAUXTON posted:

Marines are never not short in the staff

Else they wouldn't be marines

It was a really dumb dick joke.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
F-35 can’t believe how much the military spends on transgender troops

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fromoutofnowhere posted:

It was a really dumb dick joke.

That's a charitable take on it

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Duffleblog owns

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

The company that makes all walmart's lovely chinese bicycles opened a plant in sc not too long ago because the cost of labor was lower

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

So the governor of Kansas just resigned to become the 'religious freedom ambassador.

http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article163840318.html

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Didn't walker basically cripple unions in that state or was that only public ones? If its the former that sucks cause most of the jobs are probably gonna be 'part time' and hired through staffing agencies that take like 1/4 of your paycheck

Unions in Wisconsin killed themselves. Walker just beat the dead horse a bit.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

MonkeyWash posted:

So the governor of Kansas just resigned to become the 'religious freedom ambassador.

http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article163840318.html

So how many dead hookers does this dude have in his garage? Because imminent and unavoidable impeachment is the only way you leave your seat for some non-important fluff title in the rapidly dwindling State Department.

Edit:

Hahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahaha

Its the dude who's tax plan was so bad that his own Republican Party turned on him. Errybody hates this clown.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 27, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Genocide Tendency posted:

So how many dead hookers does this dude have in his garage? Because imminent and unavoidable impeachment is the only way you leave your seat for some non-important fluff title in the rapidly dwindling State Department.

The blood red as gently caress Kansas Legislature has been telling him to get hosed for awhile, thats how little he is liked.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

With the help of a fully republican local government he was able to enact the Republican dream and completely broke Kansas to the point where this is his only graceful exit

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/517641/

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 27, 2017

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

That's that good poo poo, thanks guy :toot:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Uhhhhh.......

https://twitter.com/techreview/status/890333832427315202

This is probably one of those moments where because we can doesn't mean we should....

But hey. Lets roll the dice. Can't get much worse than where we are.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Uhhhhh.......

This is probably one of those moments where because we can doesn't mean we should....

Oh boy, that's a pandoras box full of ubermensch you don't want to open.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Uhhhhh.......

Hell yeah Universal Soldier coming in 2050

E: universal soldier will probably be a reality before universal healthcare.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jul 27, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
My brother in law and sister said there was already certain stuff like that for their children, but eh they don't know science.

The future is gonna be so loving weird.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I can not wait for places that see white as good just going loving nuts about editing their skin color.

Like the whitening cream in india will just be whiten your baby.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Read Stand on Zanzibar it's the best Sci-Fi called shot of all time

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TBeats posted:

Hell yeah Universal Soldier coming in 2050

E: universal soldier will probably be a reality before universal healthcare.

Dude gently caress that it's not gonna be lame like Universal Soldier it's gonna be Les Enfants Terribles and we're gonna get Solid and Liquid Snake.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

"Why do we make the military pay for sex changes"

maybe because that's the loving deal just like any other part

What? Pretty sure getting cosmetic surgery for free wasn't part of the contract I signed.

Also, I'm obv in the minority in this forum but I'm pretty ok with banning transexuals. If you're so uncomfortable in your body that you're going to cut off your genitals and take tons of hormones then you probably shouldn't be given a gun and put in a warzone, just saying. Also, every transexual I've met has been nuts.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

JacksLibido posted:

What? Pretty sure getting cosmetic surgery for free wasn't part of the contract I signed.

Hell yeah here we go.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

JacksLibido posted:

Also, I'm obv in the minority in this forum but I'm pretty ok with banning transexuals. If you're so uncomfortable in your body that you're going to cut off your genitals and take tons of hormones then you probably shouldn't be given a gun and put in a warzone, just saying. Also, every transexual I've met has been nuts.

Silence! I kill you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

JacksLibido posted:

*insert dumb poo poo here*

Shut the gently caress up idiot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread