Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ham Sandwiches posted:

It's a little more likely that he committed suicide while she was pregnant or whatever and mom tells the kid it's because he didn't want to be a father, etc.

I don't think mom can both have the dad be completely made up and blame her daughter for his death to where it would have any impact, I suspect there's a real thing she's tormenting her daughter with her whole life

stories like this have been posted in this very thread

some people are terrible and are all too willing to use a terrible lie to rationalize terrible behavior right up until the moment they're caught in it (and sometimes well beyond)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Mirthless posted:

stories like this have been posted in this very thread

The details in this one lead me to believe there was a real person that died in some sudden way and that this mom uses that fact to abuse her daughter. I find it contrived that she would invent a story about how the dude died to cover that he left AND torment her daughter with it. That just seems odd and out of place when looking at the abuser's perspective. They seem to enjoy feeling in the right as they hurt others, distorting what happened and assigning blame on the child seems to fit the MO much better than inventing layers upon layers of deception and then trying to convince the person of it. Just my reading.

[edit]if I was to get into really dicey speculation, I wonder if the mom was involved / felt slightly responsible for the father's demise and shifts that guilt onto the daughter

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Ham Sandwiches posted:

It's a little more likely that he committed suicide while she was pregnant or whatever and mom tells the kid it's because he didn't want to be a father, etc.

I don't think mom can both have the dad be completely made up and blame her daughter for his death to where it would have any impact, I suspect there's a real thing she's tormenting her daughter with her whole life

I'm leaning that way too, I just wouldn't be terribly shocked if we found out otherwise.

quote:

My [22 F] boyfriend [23 M] keeps having seizures and my mother [39 F] wants me to dump him.

If he was really dead it would seem weird that she was told nothing about him at all, but then again I think holding his death over her head is pretty weird too so who even knows

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Youu would think that if you were resentful of your daughter for ruining your life you would be excited at the prospect of her having to deal with a potentially difficult child of her own. Fuckin' people can't even stay consistent in their hatred.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

I'm leaning that way too, I just wouldn't be terribly shocked if we found out otherwise.

If he was really dead it would seem weird that she was told nothing about him at all, but then again I think holding his death over her head is pretty weird too so who even knows

:same:

It's probably how it looks, just, with crazy like that who knows?

new phone who dis posted:

Youu would think that if you were resentful of your daughter for ruining your life you would be excited at the prospect of her having to deal with a potentially difficult child of her own. Fuckin' people can't even stay consistent in their hatred.

a crazy amount of parents expect their kids to have grandchildren "for them"

she probably wants a "perfect grandbaby" and an epileptic doesn't match her definition of perfect

100% this lady would blame her daughter if her grandkid came out with a birth defect of any kind, and probably bring it up for years afterwards like some sort of personal sleight

edit: vvv yeah that's probably accurate

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 26, 2017

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Mirthless posted:

:same:

It's probably how it looks, just, with crazy like that who knows?

a crazy amount of parents expect their kids to have grandchildren "for them"

she probably wants a "perfect grandbaby" and an epileptic doesn't match her definition of perfect

100% this lady would blame her daughter if her grandkid came out with a birth defect of any kind, and probably bring it up for years afterwards like some sort of personal sleight

100% the lady would find literally anything wrong to complain about the baby and claim it as a birth defect and spend the rest of her life berating her daughter and grandchild about how they ruined everything and she would have made state if coach had just put her in

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
What a nightmare

Me [40F] with my friend [35F] of many years, she is (genuinely) mentally 6 years old, and she has become really obsessed with me and I'm unable to live a normal life anymore.

quote:

I have been working in a shop for the past 10 years, and the owners have a disabled daughter that a psychiatrist has stated she is mentally 6 years old. She knows very basic spellings, and can only count to 100.

When I began working there, we formed a bond, and got along really great with eachother. Despite being in a 30 year old womans body, she does look very young and is very lovable and over the years, I have spent a lot of time caring for her.

I am very good friends with the owners and they began asking me to take her to the cinema etc. Now, when I work- they have asked me to let her work along with me. No problem. I have shown her how to use the tills and supervise her giving change (she never carries out bigger transactions), and this is just to give her something to do to give her parents some alone time.

She's a great girl and I love her to bits, but I am at the end of my tether. She has become obsessed with me and I'm unable to live normally anymore.

She has a very basic phone. Yesterday, she text me 113 times. Many times it was the same question, over and over. She gets incredibly jealous if I give out my number, and it's gotten to the point where I can't because she gets so upset over it, and I hate dealing with it.

I am trying to set up my own business on the side, and I simply can not get it started because I'm unable to give out my contact number. She gets upset if even my husband texts me.

If we are out and about, and I see a friend and have a quick chat with them, she will ask why, what we were talking about. After she's gone she sends the same text 'who were you talking to' over and over again.

One day I was doing the cleaning at my own home, and took my two rings of. She likes jewelry. When she noticed I came into work without them, she cried out the back for 4 hours.

When she does see me, she follows me about like a puppy. Says my name over and over. When I'm at work (and she's supposed to 'work' with me) I cannot be productive and get things done. She never leaves me alone, even if her parents are about. She won't talk to anyone but me.

If I'm not at work but she is in the shop, she talks about me all the time to the other employees. If they mention they saw me on a previous shift, I would be bombarded with texts like 'why were you talking to john?' repeatedly. She gets so incredibly jealous when I talk to anyone but her, and she says things to make me feel incredibly guilty. I don't feel safe talking to people unless I'm sure we're miles apart. She checks the CCTV in the shop to see if I talk to a customer too long.

This is really beginning to bother me, it is incredibly annoying and I feel terrible for saying it. She's an amazing girl but I am unable to live my own life with her around. I've brought it up to her parents, and there's no improvement since they have talked to her.

What should I do?

Also, I would like some advice for a fellow employee. He is also at his wits end. The owners wife has a close friend who has down syndrome. She has the appearance but she is very intelligent and sharp, and some people are convinced her brain is fine but she just has the physical appearance of having down syndrome. Yeah, I don't know.

She is annoying to my coworker. She is 30/40s and the kid is 19. She comes up to him all the time and says really inappropriate things to him. Even if there is a big line of customers, she will cut in front to talk to him, loudly. One time she said 'hi employee, do you know what a condom is?' and he said yes, she responded with 'well, i want you to use one on me.' There was a lot of customers and he was very embarrassed.

She slaps his rear end all the time and if she didn't have this disability, she would be in so much trouble but people turn a blind eye to it. He has no idea what to do, so if you could give me tips I could pass onto him, that would be nice.

Another time she was incredibly inappropriate to a customer. Saying to him 'if you took me home, you wouldn't leave the house for days.' He was also very uncomfortable. It leaves everyone else uneasy and I hate how she gets away with it.

What can be done here also?

tl;dr: 35 year old woman who is mentally 6 is obsessed with me. It's ruining my life. How do I get it to stop? Also, any advice for a friend getting harassed by someone else with a disability without seeming like they're a terrible person.

Edit: someone has mindfully said I should mention we are in the UK! Any resources are welcome thankyou all so much.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

quote:

Edit: someone has mindfully said I should mention we are in the UK! 

More like Wee Britain

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I choose to believe that Downs lady is fully aware that she is sexually harassing everyone and getting away with it.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

I choose to believe that Downs lady is fully aware that she is sexually harassing everyone and getting away with it.
Even if she's not, they're not doing her any favors by not setting standards like they would for an actual 6 year old. Hell, they cave in to her tantrums going by some of OP's posts:

quote:

I have spoken with her parents and they have tried to tell her she shouldn't do what she does, tried explaining boundaries to her- but she just doesn't get it.

I know I won't lose my job, as the owners empathise with me greatly and we're great friends. They have told her to stop being so invasive and confiscated her phone- but she apparently goes crazy and has terrible tantrums. They say they feel bad but I also feel bad they have to deal with that on their own most of the time.

It would be very difficult to get a new job- I've been trying and the owners understand completely.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Same, imagine how loving owned that guy felt after the condom comment, lmao

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

MF_James posted:

I doubt she was immaculately conceived, so yeah, the dad was A Real Person at one point.

The real reason the Virgin Mary is revered is so this common happenstance is unbelievable.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
can you even complain about sexual harassment when it's a mentaler?

This mother thinks not;

Alec approached (the school bus aide) on the bus for a hug and she told him no and tried to push him off her. He proceeded to lay on her and (mimic a sex act, while clothed). She tried to push him off her and hollered for help. When she finally was able to get him off of her, he ran to the back of the bus. After a lot of coaxing, Alec finally got up and got off the bus.

Aleczander's mom Tonia Fujimoto says she's confident no harassment occurred:

There was no such thing. He was excited. And I feel like when he gets excited and he hugs me, it's like Christmas morning. He'll come up and give me a hug you know. And he'll be jumping up and down. And I feel like that may be what she experienced. I don't think his act was sexual in nature. He gives people hugs all the time.

you stupid bint

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Jeff Sichoe posted:

can you even complain about sexual harassment when it's a mentaler?

This mother thinks not;

Alec approached (the school bus aide) on the bus for a hug and she told him no and tried to push him off her. He proceeded to lay on her and (mimic a sex act, while clothed). She tried to push him off her and hollered for help. When she finally was able to get him off of her, he ran to the back of the bus. After a lot of coaxing, Alec finally got up and got off the bus.

Aleczander's mom Tonia Fujimoto says she's confident no harassment occurred:

There was no such thing. He was excited. And I feel like when he gets excited and he hugs me, it's like Christmas morning. He'll come up and give me a hug you know. And he'll be jumping up and down. And I feel like that may be what she experienced. I don't think his act was sexual in nature. He gives people hugs all the time.

you stupid bint

dem's sum wurds u gat der

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Hey look I found a buried lede:

OP posted:

It's not that I cave- sometimes it's the only way I can get her to stop hitting me unless I find something REALLY good to distract her.

I still get all the time I need with my family, and although the kids can see and understand that she is disabled- they don't like her cause she's 'stealing mummy away.' It breaks my heart and I've found myself having to make it up to them more often, for example if she has a tantrum and I miss doing something with my own kids.

My husband gets pissed.
Lady needs a new job yesterday.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bamabalacha posted:

Mirthless, show me on an MRI of your cerebral cortex where alcohol and/or the Serenity Prayer brain-touched you.

Because you sound even more militant than her stupid straight edge boyfriend.

Does she drink more than she lets on in the post?
Probably.

Is he an rear end in a top hat about a glass of wine with dinner?
Probably.

OK, I hate that I'm doing this, but I'm with mirthless on this one.

I lived with this for some time. I got the promises and I got the sneaking and the remorse and contrition. Dude needs to sever before he gets in too deep like I did. She'll just get better at hiding it and vary the times she drinks so it's no longer apparent and the behavior becomes the new normal. And then she'll start complaining about headaches and stomach ache but refuse to go the doctor. But at that point it's too late for anything. The point of no return has been passed.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
My [21M] friend [19F] essentially called me a pedophile. Not sure if I should cut ties with her

quote:

So this just happened a little while ago. Things in quote were actually said while things in not quotes are either slightly paraphrased or my thoughts on the matter.

My new rent house is EXTREMELY close to a new elementary school. Like legally can't be a sex offender close. This came up while I was snapchatting my friend. I said "My house is really close to an elementary school so I get to see kids every day". Now I don't exactly seem like a huge "I love kids" guy but I have a younger sister who is 12 so its not like I don't interact with younger children. She replied "That sounded pedophilic coming from you..."

I thought maybe it was a joke or something. If I was female and had said that no one would have batted an eye. So I say "haha thats sexist!" to see if maybe she was joking or not. Evidently the answer was not because she says "not really..."

Okay so she doesn't seem to be joking. I straight up ask her, "So did you just call me a pedophile just now..?" She snapchats me a shrug and I snapchat her back me flipping her off, my discontent now very obvious.

She calls me grumpy. I say "Yeah people usually get grumpy when you call them a pedophile." Then she tells me to "calm down" and I haven't answered since.

Reddit this is not the first time I've had issues with her. I was already talking to her significantly less because the emotional support we exchange is just not equal, with me listening to her problems and her not listening to mine. Today was the first time we have had an extended conversation in about a month and as you can see above it didn't end well. I don't know if I should just tell her I'm essentially done with her and don't want to see her again. Am I over reacting and should I be done with her?

tl;dr: Friend called me a pedophile because of an offhand comment and didn't apologize. Been having issues with her for a while. Am I over reacting and/or should I just be completing cutting contact with her?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Ride The Gravitron posted:

My [21M] friend [19F] essentially called me a pedophile. Not sure if I should cut ties with her

dude gives off major pedo vibes and doesn't realize it, apparently

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

nailed it

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ride The Gravitron posted:

i dunno...

he doesn't actually deny being a pedophile

in all seriousness friend's probably just an rear end in a top hat who likes to stir the pot but i'd love to hear her perspective on this

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

If she didn't want to elaborate when pressed then no that seems like assholery

If she had any legitimate grievance or concern he asked her as straight up as he could and she declined and wouldn't either explain or walk the claim back

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ham Sandwiches posted:

If she didn't want to elaborate when pressed then no that seems like assholery

If she had any legitimate grievance or concern he asked her as straight up as he could and she declined and wouldn't either explain or walk the claim back

there's so little detail about the actual conversation and i find it hard to believe it was just like four lines of dialog, the post is kind of infuriating and childish

i don't even know why he's asking reddit, if you hadn't talked to her in a month before this who loving cares?

edit: vv Well, yeah, obviously he's right to be mad but I don't know why he needs an internet forum to weigh in on this decision, just :sever: from your stupid not-friend that you don't ever talk to anyway

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jul 27, 2017

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Mirthless posted:

there's so little detail about the actual conversation and i find it hard to believe it was just like four lines of dialog, the post is kind of infuriating and childish

i don't even know why he's asking reddit, if you hadn't talked to her in a month before this who loving cares?

There's quite a bit of detail in the snapchat part in terms of what he asked and how she responded.

Some people get pretty upset when they get called a pedophile, given that mods like ban and probate people for jokingly doing it on something awful, I wonder why this person might be genuinely upset that someone who seemed to have no ulterior motive gave him a horrible label and neither explained nor wrote it off...

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

OK, I hate that I'm doing this, but I'm with mirthless on this one.

I lived with this for some time. I got the promises and I got the sneaking and the remorse and contrition. Dude needs to sever before he gets in too deep like I did. She'll just get better at hiding it and vary the times she drinks so it's no longer apparent and the behavior becomes the new normal. And then she'll start complaining about headaches and stomach ache but refuse to go the doctor. But at that point it's too late for anything. The point of no return has been passed.
Yeah, I wasn't going to say anything since it was pages ago but I WAS this for some time and I'm close to 100% certain that woman is a drinking drunk. Keeping a careful inventory of how many drinks you've had in x hours and being able to rattle that figure off whenever (usually when someone's telling you your drinking is a subject of concern) is not something normal, moderate drinkers do. Boyfriend may be a puritanical dick as well, but you couldn't have written more perfect boilerplate for problem-drinker rationalization.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I'm torn on the drinking problem thing - on one hand my dad was one of those totally functional alcoholics that was never truly drunk but was never without a beer until he (completely unsurprisingly) died of cirrhosis, and my brother has a rapidly-growing drinking-alone-to-excess problem, but on the other hand I don't really see how 5-6 beers once a week ish is alcoholism, cause I've never in my life thought "drinking a six-pack on a Saturday" equates to "needs to go to AA".

The fact she won't or can't stop drinking (or maybe drink less) around her goober boyfriend to show she has the slightest bit of respect for him is more of a red flag to me than the amount. Hell, my husband doesn't really like that I smoke weed, and I don't like that he smokes cigs inside, but since we actually like...had a conversation about it, we came to the grownup conclusion that he really only minds if I'm smoking at home (not a legal state), but is perfectly okay with me hitting a joint after work with friends or whatever. In return I don't bitch about him smoking cigs in the house as long as he's got the window open and it doesn't smell like an ashtray in the living room.

COMMUNICATION GODDAMN

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

TheKennedys posted:

I'm torn on the drinking problem thing - on one hand my dad was one of those totally functional alcoholics that was never truly drunk but was never without a beer until he (completely unsurprisingly) died of cirrhosis, and my brother has a rapidly-growing drinking-alone-to-excess problem, but on the other hand I don't really see how 5-6 beers once a week ish is alcoholism, cause I've never in my life thought "drinking a six-pack on a Saturday" equates to "needs to go to AA".

The fact she won't or can't stop drinking (or maybe drink less) around her goober boyfriend to show she has the slightest bit of respect for him is more of a red flag to me than the amount. Hell, my husband doesn't really like that I smoke weed, and I don't like that he smokes cigs inside, but since we actually like...had a conversation about it, we came to the grownup conclusion that he really only minds if I'm smoking at home (not a legal state), but is perfectly okay with me hitting a joint after work with friends or whatever. In return I don't bitch about him smoking cigs in the house as long as he's got the window open and it doesn't smell like an ashtray in the living room.

COMMUNICATION GODDAMN

the biggest red flags to me in the post were her repeatedly lying about it to him, and her saying he couldn't judge when she was drunk because he wasn't "a drinker" and his tolerance was much lower than hers

I saw my dad do all of this stuff before my parents got divorced and I saw my dad do all of this stuff again when he fell off the wagon when I was an adult. Lots of lying, lots of rationalizing the amount he consumed (lots of underestimating that number, too), talking up how he'd only drink a few times a week or on weekends or whatever (not counting the beer he'd have in the morning and at lunch and before bed, of course), talking about how he's not an alcoholic because he's not drunk all the time and about how he can have a few beers without even getting buzzed. It was all bullshit, it was always bullshit. It's a very visible and predictable pattern of behavior if you've had direct experience with it before

There's nothing necessarily wrong with drinking. There's not even necessarily anything wrong with alcoholism - plenty of people with a decent handle on their habits will build physical dependence regardless, if you can function, fine, it's not a problem. But when the train starts to run away from you (as it clearly is in this lady's case) it's time to put down the bottle and consider the impact you're having on the people around you. This lady glosses over what her boyfriend goes through with her a lot but what she does post isn't really flattering for her. I'm sure this dude has had to clean vomit off her, break up fights, and/or deal with huge emotional tirades when she had too much to drink - that's loving exhausting. Living with a drunk who is not in control of their addiction is exhausting. Anyone's patience for it will run out eventually.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 27, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

I'm sure this dude has had to clean vomit off her, break up fights, or deal with huge emotional tirades when she had too much to drink - that's loving exhausting.

This is more poo poo you're making up to push your projection narrative.

I get that your dad was an alcoholic and that sucks. This girl can go a month without a drink.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

I get that your dad was an alcoholic and that sucks. This girl can go a month without a drink.

At no point in her post does she say she can go a month without a drink, you have pulled a "fact" about this story from thin air

I'm at least inferring! She does say gets emotional and "cynical" when she drinks, and she does say she gets sloppy drunk 1 out of 6 times she drinks. What do you think sloppy drunk looks like?

Have you ever had to directly deal with an alcoholic? Like, as a major, major part of your life? Can you just trust the people who have, when we say "this is exactly what an alcoholic looks like"?

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 27, 2017

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

WampaLord posted:

Her story doesn't even make sense, though. If she's going weeks or a month without drinking, how is her tolerance so high? 5 beers at home alone is either not a lot for a regular drinker or a lot for someone who goes weeks at a time without doing it. She's doing her best to stretch it both ways.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

At no point in her post does she say she can go a month without a drink, you have pulled a "fact" about this story from thin air

I'm at least inferring! She does say gets emotional and "cynical" when she drinks, and she does say she gets sloppy drunk 1 out of 6 times she drinks. What do you think sloppy drunk looks like?

Have you ever had to directly deal with an alcoholic? Like, as a major, major part of your life? Can you just trust the people who have, when we say "this is exactly what an alcoholic looks like"?

quote:

my drinking is hard to quantify, it can either be once a week or not for several weeks, depending on my exhaustion level, how deep I am in a TV show, book, game or other hobby. Sometimes I'll have 5-6, sometimes I'll have 1. Last Thursday I had two beers and 2 or 3 mixed drinks over 5 hours and before that I had wine on Christmas day.

She also literally never mentioned puking or fighting, so you're making that part up.

new phone who dis posted:

Her story doesn't even make sense, though. If she's going weeks or a month without drinking, how is her tolerance so high? 5 beers at home alone is either not a lot for a regular drinker or a lot for someone who goes weeks at a time without doing it. She's doing her best to stretch it both ways.

She says her tolerance is higher than her boyfriend, who never drinks. She is correct in this.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Just lol if you don't call your friends pedophiles loudly in public

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Another thing worth remembering: nobody is making mixed drinks at home in bar portions, especially drunks. A fun drunk tactic is to switch to mixed drinks when they are being monitored so they can make them witheringly strong and then claim "I only had 3!"

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
SHUT THE gently caress UP ABOUT DRINKING YOU ASSHOLES

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
edit: yeah this has completely run it's course and I'm not gonna argue with antonin scalia all night about /r/relationships literalism

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I'm starting to wish I had a time machine so I could warn past me not to post that story.

Me [23F] with my girlfriend [27F] of 2 months, she thinks I'm weird and childish for sleeping with a teddybear.

quote:

So I met "Jen" 3 months ago at a friend's birthday party. We talked for a month and then she asked me out. After the first date she asked if I would be her girlfriend and I said yes. She's really smart, super pretty, hilarious and is a really nice person, or so I thought. Last week was the first time she actually spent the night at my house since I've been trying to kind of do things slow. We had a nice date with pizza and some of our mutual favorite movies, and at around one in the morning went to bed. I proceeded to do what I always do: I switched on a tiny lamp with a red shade (the red shade makes the light dimmer so it's more like a glow.) and picked up my stuffed monkey that I've had for, god, about 15 or 20 years now. His name is Coconut. Jen was fine with the lamp since she saw it wasn't too bright, but she freaked out over Coconut. She was like "is this a joke? What the hell are you doing? Are you a baby?" and was laughing and stuff. She was being pretty rude but I really liked her so I put Coconut on the chair I have in my room. I didn't sleep a second all night.

I have Coconut because I've had really bad nightmares and sleep paralysis and hallucinations since I was a kid, apparently since I was a toddler according to my mom. The lamp is there so I can see and know that that's just a pile of clothes on the floor and not a cat person with horns, and Coconut is there because he's so comforting and when the paralysis wears off I can grab him and that basically lets me know I can move around. Jen knows about my sleep problem but was still really mean about it and has been texting me ever since, telling me she changed my contact name to "Little Girl" with a baby emoji. She asked if I had like an adult baby fetish and that is NOT the case, she just won't stop. What should I do? Also yes I am in therapy.

tl;dr I sleep with a stuffed monkey because I have nightmares, new girlfriend made fun on me for it.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Haifisch posted:

I'm starting to wish I had a time machine so I could warn past me not to post that story.

Me [23F] with my girlfriend [27F] of 2 months, she thinks I'm weird and childish for sleeping with a teddybear.

:therapy: but also :sever:

edit: oh she's already in therapy :unsmith: just that second thing then

edit2: on this subject, i actually have a real good treatment for night terrors :420: :snoop:

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jul 27, 2017

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Listen lady, you just got a major upgrade. You don't have to squeeze a mangey monkey anymore. Now when you wake up from your sleep paralysis you can squeeze her breasts for comfort. Way better! And if she complains, you can tell her that those are therapy tits. And if I understand the ADA correctly, she can't throw you out either.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
It's a strange thing because I've known multiple women who sleep with a blanket from when they were younger up by their pillow but I also would consider a stuffed toy childish.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
"Guests" have just passed the two-month mark on what was originally supposed to be a week long visit. Help!

quote:

These guests just won't leave and are treating my house and belongings as their own!

They (M&F couple, mid 20s) have come from overseas to do a year long working/travelling holiday around our country and are childhood friends of my partners. After landing in our city, they asked if they could crash at our place while they searched for their own apartment. Of course we obliged, given how long it had been since my partner had seen them and doing our best to be hospitable.

All is going well, they find an apartment not too far from ours and are about to sign the lease when I get a phone call from a sobbing woman stating she just can't bring herself to sign that lease, it's too much money and a tiny share-apartment that didn't feel like home.

So of course I done what anyone would do and offered them a bit more time at ours until they found something more suitable.
WELL what a mistake that was! They've seemingly called off their searches and have decided to call our house home. Just the other day I overheard them discussing staying until December so they could save up some money. DECEMBER.

This is extremely bothering me as my partner and I had only had just moved into this new house we'd recently purchased, and it was our first time living together. Ever. So it's a pretty pivotal moment in our relationship.

Not to mention all of our furniture and belongings in the house are getting thrashed completely. I'm talking plates smashed, cutlery going missing, stains on couch cushions, the works. Not what you want when you've just spent god knows how much to fill your home.

They go through my cupboards like it's the local grocery store, and help themselves to anything they wish, food, alcohol, my makeup. And don't replace things! One day I've come home from work to find my refrigerator completely re-organised!!!!!!

It's really grinding my gears and I cannot continue to live like this. I'm an introverted person and relish private time at home.

Our living expenses have more than doubled since they've arrived and we literally cannot afford this. My partner however feels it's our duty to help them out while they're in our country so far from home, especially since they've been friends for so long and is hesitant to ask them to leave, or bring anything up for that matter. When I've tried discussing things with them (which is a struggle in itself as I'm quite timid), it seems to fall on deaf ears.

I just really want them out of my house asap.

TL;DR I feel like we're being used for a free holiday.

Lady you now have tenants. Enjoy the eviction process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

La Brea Carpet posted:

"Guests" have just passed the two-month mark on what was originally supposed to be a week long visit. Help!

Lady you now have tenants. Enjoy the eviction process.
Life lesson of the day: Never let anyone crash at your place without a firm end date. Even if Jesus/Buddha/Muhammad himself asks if he can sleep on your couch while he apartment hunts.

e: Other life lesson: Don't bury your ledes when asking for advice.

quote:

This is as much a boyfriend problem as a guest problem.

I take it you're still with the guy who, 81 or 82 days ago, upset you by ditching your mother's one-year memorial service? The same guy who failed to support you after her death the year prior, and who moved without telling you? To quote you:

OP posted:

Initially, for the first week or two he was really supportive and amazing. Then he mysteriously flipped one day and became the biggest jerk. He decided to move an hour away to live with friends and I only found out in conversation with someone else.

Everyone here is telling you to talk with your partner, but in light of your history, I am not too optimistic that he will take your side over these randos. He sounds, tbh, like a grade A jerk who has been bizarrely lucky to keep you as long as he has.

So many people told you to leave him in your previous post. Just sayin', you would not be in this situation now if you had taken that advice.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 27, 2017