Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

blarzgh posted:

So he walked an uncovered, 8 month old baby, through the "very cold" weather, all the way to his wife's office? Like, he couldn't find a more ready solution like the jacket he was wearing, or any single article of clothing at a shop nearby that he could purchase, or some loving paper towels or the dead body of a homeless person?

What a dipshit.

Edit: I'm getting loving angry at that dude.
It's "very cold" is Australia so it's probably a frosty 85 degrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
A montage of the man going to various stores, asking various passerby if they can help*

All of them turn aside, some look at him with disgust*

Shopkeepers refuse his money. They can deny service to anyone*

Ice clinging to his body the man stumbles to the front door of a local pub, he bangs desperately on the glass door hoping to get the attention of the bartender who stands polishing a glass*

The bartender looks out through the glass into the blizzard, the wind knocks over a nearby water tower. The bartender shakes his head and points to a nearby sign: No Minors allowed.

The wife remains unmoved by his tale, amidst it all it is her heart that is the coldest thing. In her climate controlled office she does know what he has known. Divorce proceedings begin.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Yawgmoth posted:

It's "very cold" is Australia so it's probably a frosty 85 degrees.

I've been there in the winter. It actually surprisingly cold down there

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Assuming that's a recent post, it's midwinter and can get down to like 40f. So yeah leaving a baby in a stroller in just a onesie feels preeeetty neglect-y.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

fruit on the bottom posted:

A montage of the man going to various stores, asking various passerby if they can help*

All of them turn aside, some look at him with disgust*

Shopkeepers refuse his money. They can deny service to anyone*

Ice clinging to his body the man stumbles to the front door of a local pub, he bangs desperately on the glass door hoping to get the attention of the bartender who stands polishing a glass*

The bartender looks out through the glass into the blizzard, the wind knocks over a nearby water tower. The bartender shakes his head and points to a nearby sign: No Minors allowed.

The wife remains unmoved by his tale, amidst it all it is her heart that is the coldest thing. In her climate controlled office she does know what he has known. Divorce proceedings begin.

This is loving amazing, I wish the OP could read it.

Also can I point out that the child is :siren:8 MONTHS OLD:siren: and there have been :siren: MULTIPLE SCREWUPS :siren:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
That guy is loving clueless. Hopefully next time he'll have the wherewithall to grab a copy of the LA SexPress for a blanket or whatever the Australian equivalent is for their major city's free newspapers.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I live where it has gotten to - 30,-40 f in the winter so I would like to know what cold is, honestly

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Ok I think non romantic is my new go to subsection of relationships

How do I [F18] tell my parents I'm marrying my boyfriend [M19]?

I'm going to bold the part the OP bolded in their post:

quote:

Some backstory, we've been together for 4 years. We've had our ups and downs and have come out stronger through them all. We are planning to move across the country later this year and decided that marrying before we go just feels right.

The real question is how do I tell my parents I'm getting married young? I'm sure of my decision and I'm happy to, but I'm worried of their reaction. They married at 20 and are still together 20 years later but I'm still really scared.

They love my fiancé, and I'm not worried about that they won't support us because we are young. And they didn't want me to move quite so early. But again I know it's what's best for me and him right now.

Any advice on how to approach this would be appreciated.

tl;dr: I'm marrying my fiancé and need advice on telling parents. We are also moving cross country in a few months.

Will not respond to or read comments saying we are too young, etc. I'm looking for serious advice on the issue presented. Thanks.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Also can I point out that the child is :siren:8 MONTHS OLD:siren: and there have been :siren: MULTIPLE SCREWUPS :siren:

Thank you, because that didn't quite click in my head. How bad is this guy? Is he secretly Buttons from Animaniacs, valiantly saving the kid, but making the one screw up he was told not to each episode?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Nessa posted:

It's a polar bear, yes! His name is Poly (pronounced Poley). I wasn't a very inventive 6 year old.

Is the bear still in one piece or does it have patch jobs? 25 years is a long time for fluff.

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Ok I think non romantic is my new go to subsection of relationships

How do I [F18] tell my parents I'm marrying my boyfriend [M19]?

I'm going to bold the part the OP bolded in their post:

At least they're the same age this time

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Yeah, like I knew he'd hosed up multiple times but I hadn't made the connection about how often given the ridiculously small timeframe

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Thank you, because that didn't quite click in my head. How bad is this guy? Is he secretly Buttons from Animaniacs, valiantly saving the kid, but making the one screw up he was told not to each episode?

Yeah to me it just looks like this guy is a bit of a walking menace, I figure the wife was involved heavily for the first few months so this guy can't have been in charge of taking care of the child very long. Which means that in the short time the child has been in his care there have been repeated serious screwups and no period where he's super careful afterward. So it's hard to imagine that this dude is just unlucky, and more that he's really inattentive and careless. Which has become obvious to his wife.

Even the way he phrases things is hosed up and super passive, as if other people tell him what to do and he does it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So like, do you have jobs or how are you just deciding to move or is that what youre calling going to college? I mean if your both independently wealthy and never need to work again and a school degree doesnt sound fun go for it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oh my god, y'all.

Stupid Question: My girlfriend (22F) makes a lot of sexual references via text. How can I (22M) nicely tell her that they aren't sexy to me?

quote:

So my GF and I have been together 4 years and are about to move in together. I'm already in the place that she will soon be moving to. Since we met in college, we usually spend summer breaks apart with no visits, so 3-4 months LDR.

Lately, my GF has made these sexual references while texting me that are very obvious and...not sexy, even though I know that's what she's going for. For instance, today I mentioned how we pay our water bill and we were talking about ways we can reduce water consumption. At the end she said "well...i know another way we can reduce water consumption... ;) " alluding to showering together. It's just sort of weird to read out of the blue and I never know how to respond to it. She's been doing it quite often lately too. The most common one is "Hey...I really miss you. In every way... ;) " It just takes a sweet sentiment and makes it kind of silly.

She's insecure about herself sexually so I'm afraid if I tell her that I don't really like the little remarks, she'll feel terrible about herself. Should I just let this go? Is there a nice way to express myself?

tl;dr: GF makes sexual references in texts to me, I don't really find them sexy. Do I say something or not?

To be fair, he did say "Stupid question" in the title, :newlol:

Lordy, the comments

quote:

I mean, half the time I'm at work or something, or doing home repair, not exactly a flirty mood. I know she's trying to be nice, I never really know how to respond. If I respond in a silly way she gets upset. She's trying to be sexy.

quote:

I don't know. It just feels weird to me. I don't really think sexually about her when she's not there, so it may just be a difference between us.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 27, 2017

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

WampaLord posted:

Oh my god, y'all.

Stupid Question: My girlfriend (22F) makes a lot of sexual references via text. How can I (22M) nicely tell her that they aren't sexy to me?

To be fair, he did say "Stupid question" in the title, :newlol:

How do you not respond with a pic of ur hog idiot?

It's gonna be on him when she finds someone local to pick up what she's setting down.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

WampaLord posted:

Oh my god, y'all.

I loving hate this guy!!!

My gf is still attracted to me and wants to flirt with me, how do I tell her to gently caress off and let me get back to work??

[edit]How is he this loving bored of poo poo at 22

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

WampaLord posted:

Unironically agreed, at least when it comes to her sister. I've cut people out of my life for less than that.

Wow you sound like a real treat.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

Wow you sound like a real treat.

"I'm glad your husband died" is some ice cold poo poo. I couldn't go back to just hanging out with that person knowing that part of them will always feel that way. Maybe if she apologized, but she seems pretty set on doubling down with "gently caress you sister."

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Not everyone is horny 24/7 and into sexting, you guys.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WampaLord posted:

If she tells you she needos the greedo you need to get up in her special edition and shoot second.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

zakharov posted:

Not everyone is horny 24/7 and into sexting, you guys.

She doesn't even want sexting, she just wants to flirt. He already laid down the law re: sexting

quote:

Yeah, she wanted to sext a few years ago and I told her it wasn't something I was comfortable with. It hasn't really come up since.

:downs:

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Am I reading it right that they don't shower together? He's bored of that too? And she's dropping hints trying to keep things from getting boring 4 years in and not even married?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Why does she want to flirt they're already in a relationship :confused:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why does she want to flirt they're already in a relationship :confused:

Never. Stop. Flirting! :colbert:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Am I reading it right that they don't shower together? He's bored of that too? And she's dropping hints trying to keep things from getting boring 4 years in and not even married?

He doesn't say that, just that he really doesn't know how to flirt over the phone and it makes him uncomfortable.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I think the red flag is that he's 22. 45 with two kids and a stressful job, sure. But poo poo he's still in his sexual prime.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

WampaLord posted:

"I'm glad your husband died" is some ice cold poo poo. I couldn't go back to just hanging out with that person knowing that part of them will always feel that way. Maybe if she apologized, but she seems pretty set on doubling down with "gently caress you sister."

Have you never met anyone who said something they didnt mean in the heat of the moment? Especially when that person is a 17 year old, well known and well documented Retards?

I could understand what youre saying if this person was 25

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

Have you never met anyone who said something they didnt mean in the heat of the moment? Especially when that person is a 17 year old, well known and well documented Retards?

Honestly, no. No one has ever said anything that cruel to me, and if they did, I'd cut them out of my life. More people should be cool with cutting total loving assholes out of their lives, it would lead to less stress.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Yeah, the 17 year old probably didn't mean it and will apologize but I don't blame the sister for choosing to rat her sister out after she said that.

Don't mouth off to authority figures when they cut you slack. You can't put a price on that life lesson.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

WampaLord posted:

Honestly, no. No one has ever said anything that cruel to me, and if they did, I'd cut them out of my life. More people should be cool with cutting total loving assholes out of their lives, it would lead to less stress.

A 17 year old is a child with an undeveloped brain and cutting them out of your life that early is closer to cutting an 8 year old out of your life who says they hate you than cutting out a toxic adult.

Also, I don't really like trying to be sexy over text, either. It's just a pale and awkward imitation of intimacy and I sure as hell am not sending pictures of my junk to anyone.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
It's awkward if you're bad at it

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is the bear still in one piece or does it have patch jobs? 25 years is a long time for fluff.

Yup. He's got a couple thinning spots, but it otherwise in great shape!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Yeah, the 17 year old probably didn't mean it and will apologize but I don't blame the sister for choosing to rat her sister out after she said that.

Don't mouth off to authority figures when they cut you slack. You can't put a price on that life lesson.

the teenager and her boyfriend narrowly manage to rise above standard teen shittiness levels, the mom's a real piece of work though. The Tribunal Has Spoken.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

new phone who dis posted:

Also, I don't really like trying to be sexy over text, either. It's just a pale and awkward imitation of intimacy and I sure as hell am not sending pictures of my junk to anyone.

BEEP BOOP, WHY HOO-MON FEMALE WANT TO TALK ABOUT SEX, BEEP BOOP

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Ham Sandwiches posted:

He says it started suddenly so I'm feeling like she wants their relationship to be a little bit more flirty. Regardless, that is some tame flirting and dude should at least be intrigued if he's into her.

The bit where he gets flustered cause missing his D ruins the "sweet" idea of missing him is real ridiculous.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

The Ferret King posted:

It's awkward if you're bad at it

I just don't really enjoy it. I'll do it if the other person is into it, but it's not really my thing. It reminds me of nerds talking dirty to each other in chat rooms.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Meme Emulator posted:

I could understand what youre saying if this person was 25

Yeah, but they usually realize how goddamn stupid it was within a relatively short amount of time and at least try to apologize. Some things don't really get forgiven because they cut too deep and it's already been said. She may not have meant that she's actually happy about the husbands death, but she sure as poo poo meant to hurt her sister and that message got across just fine.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

WampaLord posted:

I like talking, just not texting. A lot of what makes something sexy is lost when it's condensed to text form.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

WampaLord posted:

Maybe it's my Old showing but flirting (even with MY WIFE) via text has always been incredibly awkward.

The guy could stand to loosen up but I see where he's coming from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Hearing someone's voice for 2 minutes is better than 20 minutes of texting naughty poo poo back and forth.