Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
here's when i poo poo all over CSGO major finalist boltz in esea one time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4PEK3vlBj8

we lost that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Michael Scott posted:

Bad for you is GN2. I wonder where Jamuraan is. I'm happy to be your mentor, add me, I'm Stanley M. Weed.

Jam you should actually do this, Weed's one of the best players in the community

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Michael Scott posted:

Bad for you is GN2. I wonder where Jamuraan is. I'm happy to be your mentor, add me, I'm Stanley M. Weed.

I would take him up on his offer. Document the entire experience and report back to us.

As Unbound said, Michael Scott is a well respected and skilled player within the community.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Michael Scott posted:

He's a good guy who can click the heads. Curious to see how much you improve. Be sure to let us know I might do this myself.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
What the gently caress are you guys doing to this poor poster. I can't even joke that he should be added. Save your sanity and don't do this.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTMlUUdfq0U

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Every day I think about how much of a moron I was. I'm solid GN2 now, the last few games I played in Inferno I actually played solo B and did well. The guys from goonman pounded it into my thick skull and I started following their advice after way too long. I paid the price since I can't play goonmans anymore, but you should try it, it's a lot of fun.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

If MF James hadn't just referenced it this would be an ideal time for a riddick VHS joke edit.

:negative:

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

surc posted:

If MF James hadn't just referenced it this would be an ideal time for a riddick VHS joke edit.

:negative:

gently caress IT
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

It's too much work to edit that into something different because I'm loving lazy and about to open palm slam my rear end home from work.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Seen it a dozen times and I will always watch it from beginning to end every time its posted.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

No I meant more like:
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM SPACEBAR TO PLAY A YOUTUBE VID. IT’S THE VIBES HOLOCAUST VID WITH ME AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START THINKING ABOUT THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ME.

because he made the every day comment, and any time an every day or every morning thing comes up it's a good time for a riddick edit, imo.

surc fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 27, 2017

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I EVEN MAKE THE SAME WEIRD PATHETIC COMMENTS ABOUT REGRET ALONG WITH MY FAVORITE CHARACTER. I gently caress UP EVERY ROUND AND I gently caress UP EVERY ROUND HARD. I EVEN PLANT IN THE SMOKE AS THE SMOKE IS EXPIRING WITHOUT CLEARING THE SITE.NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY WERE BAD ENOUGH TO GET BANNED FROM SUBIO BUT I CAN.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I'm the "circling the fountain to go back up banana to die"

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

What's a good way to stop yourself crouching when you start spraying? Not bursting or single firing.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Soulex posted:

What's a good way to stop yourself crouching when you start spraying? Not bursting or single firing.

Bind crouch to a different key for a while so you don't automatically do it from muscle memory.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Where's the "I don't like black girls" video.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Backstory: Racism was one of the default ban reasons, so I kept getting banned for racism despite saying nothing about race. So finally I decided to.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I don't think that much thought went into it. I think you just don't like black girls.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Michael Scott posted:

Backstory: Racism was one of the default ban reasons, so I kept getting banned for racism despite saying nothing about race. So finally I decided to.

fake news

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Michael Scott posted:

hjoly poo poo rofl

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Thread title btw. Maybe some forum title poo poo right there.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
You're missing out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZCTXMJYzo0

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/162287117?t=13m44s

Just won a $150 knife so I've already in the black from this game

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

what am I watching here

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Garfu posted:

This was me 2 years ago and now I'm good again after ranking into GN2 so there's hope. It definitely felt weird at first but it will come back.

I'm currently in MG2 but I'm former LEM/Supreme even just a year ago.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
wow good job

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Calling him racist made him racist. So if you call him a cool and chill boy will he become one too?

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

https://youtu.be/qbhxjVvfGlE

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jamuraan posted:

I'm currently in MG2 but I'm former LEM/Supreme even just a year ago.

Ur like me, a washup

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

What was everyone's rank before they shifted the curve? Also what is your sensitivity and resolution?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Diqnol posted:

Ur like me, a washup

Yeah, feels bad. I wish e-sports was big in 2004 when I was cal-i. Best we had was CPL and local lans.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Photex posted:

What was everyone's rank before they shifted the curve? Also what is your sensitivity and resolution?

Sensitivity numbers won't help you much because there are multiple variables associated with your mouse speed. You have your OS mouse speed, any drivers you have may affect your DPI or sens depending on the manufacturer, plus mouse accel, and I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting.

IMO it's best to download an aim map and practice your flicks, or go into a DM server until you feel comfortable with the speed. You want it to be slow enough you have pinpoint accuracy, but fast enough you can do a full 180 degree turn (or really I like to be able to turn about 270 in case I'm wrong). Anything higher than that and you're hurting yourself.

I just switched from 1920x1080 to 1024x768 and while it takes some getting used to, I actually feel like I'm getting better hit reg. I understand this might be placebo effect, but I'm happy I'm back to getting 20+ kills every game. For a stretch I was getting single digit kills and it always felt like my aim was on but I couldn't get anything to connect. Like ghost bullets phasing through people.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jamuraan posted:

Yeah, feels bad. I wish e-sports was big in 2004 when I was cal-i. Best we had was CPL and local lans.

CPL was pretty prestigious though, I remember all the envy of being Cal-I when I was M and the grind to get there. There's more money in it now but idk, it doesn't feel as worth it. Just pony up for ESEA or grind mm until you get back to LEM+ so your teammates aren't actually retarded, probably enough to scratch the itch.

Or you could GMan if you hate yourself

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Gman is good.

Guardian and Seized out of NaVi. Guardian to Faze. Ange1 in talks with NaVi.

Must be Allu getting dropped from Faze.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I played dust_2 for the first time in goonmans and was told I was probably the only player in all of CS never to have played it. I promptly got like 3 kills the whole game.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
Weird question but would appreciate your insights: If you wanted to demo a couple of CSGO skills or tips or tricks to a non-gamer, what you show them?

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

ilmucche posted:

I played dust_2 for the first time in goonmans and was told I was probably the only player in all of CS never to have played it. I promptly got like 3 kills the whole game.

This is like if you were a smash bros player and had never played on Final Destination

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

ilmucche posted:

It's THE CS map honestly.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Terrific Accident posted:

This is like if you were a smash bros player and had never played on Final Destination

I played smash bros and never played a map called final destination, though I only played the one on 64 because every other one was like some awful anime for kids with really bad ADHD.

*edit* oh is that the name of the stage with the hand last boss guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

mcvey posted:

Gman is good.

Guardian and Seized out of NaVi. Guardian to Faze. Ange1 in talks with NaVi.

Must be Allu getting dropped from Faze.

If this is what's happening, my crystal ball is currently for rent at low, low prices.