Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

deleted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jesus christ :stare:

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

I haven't read that SBNation 2007 article because I don't want to relive Dennis Dixon's knee. Just, god, we spent seven years missing shots at the title by that much.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Spaced God posted:

For real though, if the offer to host the game still stands from the guy who owns the Texas Motor Speedway that game would beat the attendance record from the Bristol game last year (and like every Big 12 Game combined) in a heartbeat. Not doing it is just pissing away money.

The Texas Motor Speedway deal likely isn't happening because of practicality reasons. Texas Motor Speedway is large enough to fit the entirety of Bristol within its bleachers. If you were to host a football game there, you'd be talking about putting the field faaaaaaaaaar the gently caress away from the seats. Like you'd need a telescope to see anything going on.

We could probably do the game at Jerryworld though.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
What's all this revisionist history about the rivalry. A&M bitched out of a Texas Bowl match up by letting the SEC choose to not send them because reasons. So no, this is all on the Aggies. DeLoss tried to start a Texas network with the Aggies, they refused. They left the conference because of said network and refused to play a bowl game. They walked themselves away from a nice win streak over the Longhorns.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

The Texas Motor Speedway deal likely isn't happening because of practicality reasons. Texas Motor Speedway is large enough to fit the entirety of Bristol within its bleachers. If you were to host a football game there, you'd be talking about putting the field faaaaaaaaaar the gently caress away from the seats. Like you'd need a telescope to see anything going on.

We could probably do the game at Jerryworld though.

Hell no not at Jerryworld. One of the greatest losses from that game ending is that now we never get to have a rivalry game at home. Home and home is the way to do it. If they could make it happen as the last game of the season like in days of yore, I would be overjoyed, but I doubt that's possible. Also Jerryworld's capacity is smaller than DKR or Kyle Field. I mean if it was a one-off game I guess Jerryworld makes sense as a neutral site, but screw that, I want it back annually.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Late to 2007 chat, but I couldn't really enjoy the craziness of that season as much as others because of how horrifically we fell apart at the seams. It started with a stunning (yet on brand) chokejob to Vandy and ended with a heartbreaking home loss to Clemson. Six loving losses in a row. The only high points were beating UGA -- which is always awesome, but was even better for how much it hosed them over that year -- and beating a surprisingly good Kentucky team that at one point had a Heisman contender in Andre Woodson. Everything else was garbage.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Neil Armbong posted:

What's all this revisionist history about the rivalry. A&M bitched out of a Texas Bowl match up by letting the SEC choose to not send them because reasons. So no, this is all on the Aggies. DeLoss tried to start a Texas network with the Aggies, they refused. They left the conference because of said network and refused to play a bowl game. They walked themselves away from a nice win streak over the Longhorns.

The Aggies would rather play the blame game than play football. So it's best if everyone is just like, "Gee I dunno how we got here but it's obviously no one's fault. Now can we play again?"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

RumbleFish posted:

Late to 2007 chat, but I couldn't really enjoy the craziness of that season as much as others because of how horrifically we fell apart at the seams. It started with a stunning (yet on brand) chokejob to Vandy and ended with a heartbreaking home loss to Clemson. Six loving losses in a row. The only high points were beating UGA -- which is always awesome, but was even better for how much it hosed them over that year -- and beating a surprisingly good Kentucky team that at one point had a Heisman contender in Andre Woodson. Everything else was garbage.

How dare you forget the apostrophe in Andre' Woodson's name

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Neil Armbong posted:

They went to a bowl against a better team from the Big 12. If Texas wanted to play them that year they should have won another game.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Wolverine-caressing-pic-of-Todd-Reesing.jpg

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How the gently caress does TAMU always look way worse than Texas? Texas at least has legacy behind it, TAMU it basically just another Kentucky or Indiana.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Randaconda posted:

How the gently caress does TAMU always look way worse than Texas? Texas at least has legacy behind it, TAMU it basically just another Kentucky or Indiana.

A&M is more like UCLA to Texas' USC.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Hawaii should have gotten into the national champ game.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Panzeh posted:

Hawaii should have gotten into the national champ game.

Not with that schedule.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I think there's some ... uh ... cultural differences between A&M and UT that don't exist between UCLA and USC.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Hope everyone is ready for Ole Miss to surprise everyone and go undefeated only to sit out the postseason and get the death penalty the day after winning the Egg Bowl.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Stunt Rock posted:

Hope everyone is ready for Ole Miss to surprise everyone and go undefeated only to sit out the postseason and get the death penalty the day after winning the Egg Bowl.

There isnt any talk of Shea Patterson transferring?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Stunt Rock posted:

Watch out for South Alabama mang

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

[quote="“pillsburysoldier”" post="“474791511”"]
There isnt any talk of Shea Patterson transferring?
[/quote]

There’s handwringing over it but nothing beyond that that I’m aware of.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

MourningView posted:

He literally was an NFL player and almost every player says they want to play hurt because they've been conditioned to think that's what they're supposed to do. That doesn't mean it's in their best interests or that you should let them.

Okay yes he made a 53 man roster as a back up. That does not mean he was ever likely to be a long term starter in the NFL. Don't fool yourself because he technically had the arm talent. Even if he stayed healthy he was never going to be a 1st or 2nd round pick. It's revisionist to think he was a highly thought of draft prospect going into that draft even before the injury. He's still prb one of the most amazing guys I've seen play in college though.

Doctors said he prb could play, it was partially not totally torn. It was his last chance to take Oregon to the top. I get it why don't you? As long as he can perform you're gonna think its good enough, its not like RG3 in that playoff game. Per the article he was practicing fantastically, made it through the whole 2 week bye recovering and showing the coaches on the field it didn't seem that bad. It turned out bad, but if it magically holds up we all praise them both. Just bad luck it gave out during the game and not during one of those practices.

No where in that article do any of them mention that doctors, Dennis, or Belotti actually believed it was bad enough to hold him out. They kinda thought it might be, but it wasn't so certain at the time it sounds like from the version presented.

Lots of people can do plenty with damaged or no ACL. My sister in law's ACL's are shot and she still completes the Army's EOD trials at the level of 21 year old male. It's just not the same kind of absolute hold out when he's still functional on it the way a concussion or a hereditary disease might be. IN MY OPINION.

Last edit because of word garbage but - Dixon was a 21 year old adult able to make his own medical decisions. He didn't want to sit out, he wanted to play, and it wasn't obvious from practice they had to. Belotti made a totally fine choice with input from the medical staff and player, it's not some miscarriage of justice he was allowed to play. DUDE EVEN RIPPED OFF A 40 YARD TD RUN TO OPEN THE GAME LOOKING LIKE HIS USUAL SELF!

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 28, 2017

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Neil Armbong posted:

It is Texas A&M's fault that Texas A&M wants to play Texas and Texas doesn't in tyool 2017 because

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Spaced God posted:

It is Texas A&M's fault that Texas A&M wants to play Texas and Texas doesn't in tyool 2017 because

b-b-because Aggy doesn't want to play us

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Spaced God posted:

It's A&M's fault the game ever stopped, which is what my post is about. The game will happen again, no doubt.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

Goddamnit guys

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Remember when Pat white talked poo poo about Derrick Henry's charger

As if it's hard to obtain financing for a lovely car

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

all-Rush mixtape posted:

UCLA is a .595 team all time
USC is .700

TAMU is .602
Texas is .710

More apt than you may have realized!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

all-Rush mixtape posted:

I'll endorse this analogy, I've used it the other way to describe UCLA's history of underachievement

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
a&m isn't a university, college or school, it's a dangerous cult that worships a collie

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA got new jerseys, which look like the old jerseys but with the newest nike kit.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

blugu64 posted:

a&m isn't a university, college or school, it's a dangerous cult that worships a collie

I don't know about dangerous. To my knowledge, the only people they've ever harmed with their wacky hijinks are themselves...

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I like DaboDowns.jpg because "childlike innocence" is a phrase I'd use to describe him anyway.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

I'm pretty sure Dabo has a baseball glove that he's holding onto behind that lady's head.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

kayakyakr posted:

I'm pretty sure Dabo has a baseball glove that he's holding onto behind that lady's head.

No, only Harbaugh would do that.

He does have a 32oz cup full of sunflower seed shells though.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Raku posted:

There was an argument a while ago in the NCAA thread where some posters came down on the side of "black kid with a well maintained newish car must be getting impermissible benefits" so it's the hot takes also come inside the thread.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Raku posted:

is there another pat white or are we talking about the wvu qb

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Spaced God posted:

Neither team really wants to play the other because both are (not so) secretly afraid that the other team potentially has more to gain by resuming the series.

If Texas seems interested in renewing, then A&M is automatically suspicious, and vice versa.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm suspicious of anyone that has a newish car in college.

You're supposed to be building character by having to try to drive around a glorious shitbox of a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

General Dog posted:

Neither team really wants to play the other because both are (not so) secretly afraid that the other team potentially has more to gain by resuming the series.

If Texas seems interested in renewing, then A&M is automatically suspicious, and vice versa.

dog you lost to case mccoy and are foreverally shook no take backs bitch we will play you with a rockabilly fuckboy bartender from dirty sixth at quarterback and still dunk on yalls fake uniform wearing cum storing asses get at me rick perry HOOK EM BITCH

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread