Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Mesmer is objectively the best class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

SkullMuffinz posted:

For the most part, numbers for every elite spec should be fine (for open world anyway) as long as you don't have a crazy weird combination of stats. Going into sPvP where all the specs are unlocked is a good way to see which style you like the most. That's how I figured out I would like Daredevil a lot more than I anticipated.

It only solidified my love for P/P thief, especially since they buffed unload. If I'm playing a thief, I'm playing him with pistols.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

You misspelled guardian :confused:

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Jinh posted:

Ditch all the companions and ride with our new bro palawa joko forever, solving all our problems as they pop up by throwing hundreds of junundu worms and tidal waves of undead sunspears at them.

It's right there in his name "pal"awa joko.

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 28, 2017

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Obligatum VII posted:

It's right their in his name "pal"awa joko.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Look, PJ is the best ruler for Elona, especially after the entire Ossa line kept loving it up all the time for their own selfish reasons.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
With all the leaks that have gotten out, I really hope they spill all the beans in this announcement next week. I really need some details on the new elites to help me finally pick a 'main', dammit!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Did woodenpotatoes abruptly stop his lore videos? I was going through the lore playlist and it's like "And your whole party is instantly killed by this thing, well see you next week" and then there is no next episode. Is that where GW1 ended?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

Did woodenpotatoes abruptly stop his lore videos? I was going through the lore playlist and it's like "And your whole party is instantly killed by this thing, well see you next week" and then there is no next episode. Is that where GW1 ended?

I think he stopped doing them because GW2 content was taking up his time, and it was easier for him to cash in on him recording footage of GW2 stuff than the effort each of the lore videos took.

There might be more to it than that, but that's the only explanation I can really think of.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

graynull posted:

With all the leaks that have gotten out, I really hope they spill all the beans in this announcement next week. I really need some details on the new elites to help me finally pick a 'main', dammit!

If they do something with golems for engineer I might finally make one.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

My guess is that they give us the name, a couple features, and then a schedule of releases over the next 3 months. Talking about a new elite each week or something like that.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

My guess is that they give us the name, a couple features, and then a schedule of releases over the next 3 months. Talking about a new elite each week or something like that.

I think this will be correct.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Apparently Necro will get torches next, according to a "leak" a few months ago.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Mazreal posted:

taimi owns

Taimi has been the only one consistantly putting herself on the line to help you out and getting poo poo done. She's the best member of the B team and outdoes the A team.

Yeah okay Kasmeer and Marjory are doing something at least. Braham is just moping around and Rox is just there.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Sekkira posted:

Taimi has been the only one consistantly putting herself on the line to help you out and getting poo poo done. She's the best member of the B team and outdoes the A team.

Yeah okay Kasmeer and Marjory are doing something at least. Braham is just moping around and Rox is just there.
Taimi was originally super boring and dumb because she was just the Scarlet Briar fanclub. As has been mentioned she's had a lot of character development since then and she's pretty cool and good now, IMO.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i actually enjoy the general group of supporting characters the player has now because they at least have actual personality beyond whatever the gently caress the 'destiny's edge' fuckwits had

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

i actually enjoy the general group of supporting characters the player has now because they at least have actual personality beyond whatever the gently caress the 'destiny's edge' fuckwits had

Maybe season 4 Rytlock will spill the beans on what Revs actually are, 2 years after their release.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

After his SA probation ends maybe

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Johnny Joestar posted:

Agreed.

Besides Rox, anyway

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I can accept that about Braham, Canach and Taimi, but what personality do Rox, Marjory and Kasmeer have? Poor Rox drew the shortest straw, though, I don't remember her doing anything interesting. Kasmeer at least had the moment where she revealed her clothes were an illusion and Marjory had her redshirt sister, I guess.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Kasmeer is A Better Mesmer Than You In Every Way. Also a lesbian but mostly that first thing.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

U.T. Raptor posted:

Kasmeer is A Better Mesmer Than You In Every Way. Also a lesbian but mostly that first thing.
Lesbian Mesmer. Lesmer.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Forgall posted:

Lesbian Mesmer. Lesmer.

Mesbian

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I think Canach was the only one I liked so far...

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

U.T. Raptor posted:

But that's why she's better???

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

you may or may not have missed it, but there are nine new Tyrian mastery insights

this makes getting a full set of core mastery points much easier

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

If you think of Braham so far as backstory for an antagonist in the near future (LS4 maybe?), I think he could be the best of the group. I mentioned it before, but he could be a great foil to the Commander character. A short-sighted, impulsive idiot who had become obsessed with destroying the dragons that killed his mother.

Kasmeer has some possibly interesting family intrigue that they've hinted at, and some insecurities due to coming from a disgraced noble house. There's also some nice moments between her and Marjory at the beginning of Flashpoint.

They do need to do something with Marjory and Rox though.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

canach: best, no need to discuss, wish he'd join up so we can hang out with the dude

taimi: second best, by virtue of actually being given time to develop her personality. most of this is because she doesn't actually need to be present to do this, since she can phone you anytime. the heat stroke dialogue in episode 5 is really funny

rox: doesn't merit the word 'best', and is only third because she's never around and therefore does not annoy the poo poo out of me. whenever she's actually around she seems to be quietly competent and doesn't draw attention. technically has no personality to hate.

marjory: not unbearable but i can't remember the last time she did anything

kasmeer: is just as present as rox i.e. she's never around, however when she does show up she fucks off immediately ("oh no, balthazar!!!"). worse than useless because you might be tricked into relying on her for something

braham: gently caress off you whiny little poo poo

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I like the thought of setting him up to be a villan, actually.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Kessel posted:

you may or may not have missed it, but there are nine new Tyrian mastery insights

Holy poo poo, this is great. I don't even think they put that in the patch notes.

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

I like things that are dumb.
So I'm definitely not slacking at work and was looking over the patch notes to see if they added anything after those crazy amount of hot fixes when I noticed this:

Patch Notes posted:

Fixed a bug in which Rigom behaved erratically when stunned and brought to 0 health at nearly the same time.
I haven't gotten to try Samurog since the patch, but hopefully this makes him much less annoying!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Is Rox's pet wearing shades, or does it just look that way? That's a point in their favour, I think.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I wish Rox wore shades. Or had eyelids. Or lost her eyes in a terrible accident.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Kessel posted:

Specifically these

Gonna assume these are all super easy, "just go there", like the similar ones in HoT.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I liked this story chapter and the new zone more than probably all the LS3 stuff so far. Cool ending, cool boss, cool cutscene. The Exemplar is a way better character than anyone in Destiny's Child. I don't understand why I can't be allowed to kill Taimi. Braham is awesome these days because he hosed off and isn't a part of it anymore. Crystal Desert gonna own. Thanks for listening that's my hot take.

Kessel posted:

We accidentally ran across one at the end of WvWednesday when we all did the Malchor's Leap jumping puzzle (the one where you gather 12 orbs), that's awesome that they did that and I'll have to find all the ones I'm missing now.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Also I'm dropping a new OP after the expansion announcement so you all better prepare you're asses

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

I like things that are dumb.
I too liked the Exemplar a bunch. (Vagueness incoming cause spoilers and I'm too lazy to be more specific) I just wish they introduced her in the story earlier so the events involving her would have felt more personally impactful. Said events are definitely cool, I just didn't have too much personal stock in helping this character over other NPCs.

That's my biggest complaint, which is pretty minor because I still enjoyed the story, and the new map is rad as heck.

Also I'm super excited for August 1st :toot: .

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

CLAM DOWN posted:

Also I'm dropping a new OP after the expansion announcement so you all better prepare you're asses

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.
I was playing with my GF and we were both musing about how amazingly better their level designers are now than when original Orr first released. It's obvious how much better the zone is, both aesthetically and gameplay-wise. It's a more stark contrast than the other S3 zones since you have the old zones right next door.

Bravo with all of S3, ANet. It's been a success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Pretty sure they are. And all this comes after my arduous journey to unlock the Pact Commander masteries all the way.

• Locked thread