Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

counterfeitsaint posted:

Hey yug, congrats on like a good movie, but please hurry up and earn your next probe for being a martyr or an example of political bias or whatever other dumb reason you have. If you really wanna show the hypocrisy of the mods maybe try and make it a month this time?

Feel free to compliment me on my meltdown on the subject, but remember it'd be much more poignant if you got a probated AV immediately afterwards.

What did I ever do to you? I just wanna chill out and talk about our favorite youtube celebrities and talk about movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Let's not badger the Bad Trump Man for saying a movie looks like trash in a thread that's specifically here to talk about every movie that comes out being trash

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

People who reply to and engage Yug <-------------- Yugs actual posting

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Make sure your date likes full on nude lesbian sex scenes featuring Sofia Boutella sucking on Charlize Theron's titty.

Uh...yeah, okay, I'm in.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So John Powell is the composer for the Han solo movie. Certainly a bland choice, but since I though giacchino's rogue one score was mediocre at best and awful at worst... net positive?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Hell, John Williams's TFA score was bland.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

people in the thread took a break from talking about their feelings about the construction of the deathstar to have a serious conversation with yug. nothing has ever been more josh than this thread

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Randarkman posted:

I'm one of those people who basically ignores music in movies unless it's an actual song I recognize, like in Guardians of the Galaxy. I couldn't even tell you what a "good" or "bad" score is.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Randarkman posted:

At least Williams used a whole symphony while giacchino had three men in a garage band and midi.

A bad score is one that unintentionally is disonant with screen footage. A mediocre score is one that fills in dead air and at times amplifies the footage. A great score is one that can be listened to on its own and still sound terrific.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 28, 2017

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

filmmaking information guy lol

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

HoAssHo posted:

You could see Dunkirk? I've heard good things and I'm going tonight. I feel like even if you're not a big Christopher Nolan fan, you kinda can't argue that he doesn't make good films. Like, there's some dumb stuff in Interstellar (and Interception) but it's objectively well-made and entertaining for most of its runtime. All of his movies are.

dark knight rises is a terrible movie

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the new ghost in the shell was great.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

corn in the bible posted:

Wrong. It gave us the single best scene in cinematic history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPu9o9x99Ig

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Yug posted:

Wrong. It gave us the single best scene in cinematic history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPu9o9x99Ig

yeah i guess thats the best, if your an idiot who is wrong

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Hell Yeah posted:

the new ghost in the shell was great.

nuh-uh

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I appreciate that Rich just does Not Give a gently caress about what he wears

An ill fitting solid blue $5 t-shirt from K-Mart? Eh, gently caress it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Violet, you're turning AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDSSSSSS, Violet!

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

you're prolly fat as well so maybe don't throw shade...?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ching chong chinaman --richevans

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

starkebn posted:

I tried to watch John Wick 2 today, turned it off after the first scene - too ridiculous.

Then tried to hate watch the new Ghost in the Shell, had to skip the part with her mother, then the entire third act - that movie had no idea what made the original animated film good.

Managed to watch Rise of the Planet of the Apes, done ridiculous poo poo in it but it was pretty good.

Maybe I should start a YouTube series about my opinions but I can't decide which RLM I am - probably Mike in drinking habit, Josh in appearance, Rich in hanging-on-i-ness, Jack in fatherliness, and Jay in beardiness

So the worst amalgamation possible

You sound like a smug shithead so you're Josh

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Yaws posted:

you're prolly fat as well so maybe don't throw shade...?

stop projecting, sorry if I hurt your feelings

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

a bone to pick posted:

stop projecting, sorry if I hurt your feelings

maybe you should apologize to Rich Evans,,,,, fatso

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yaws posted:

maybe you should apologize to Rich Evans,,,,, fatso

He doesn't mind.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Other than sometimes Jay it seems none of them give a gently caress about how they dress or groom them selves in any way.

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Make sure your date likes full on nude lesbian sex scenes featuring Sofia Boutella sucking on Charlize Theron's titty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CtUd0yuYN4&t=2165s

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Mike puts a little product in his hair and consistently keeps up his 5 o'clock shadow look at least. He's not a total slob.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Baronjutter posted:

Other than sometimes Jay it seems none of them give a gently caress about how they dress or groom them selves in any way.

confirmed midwesterners

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

bring back old gbs posted:

confirmed midwesterners

i actually do live in the midwest and suck it

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Yaws posted:

i actually do live in the midwest and suck it

That must be boring.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

I was legit shocked in the cinema at how "first draft" the screenplay seemed.

Really poo poo compared to TDK

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I wouldn't call it "terrible" by any means, but yeah, it's not his best work.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I saw TDK 5 times in the cinema which is crazy when I think about it now but I was so so disappointed coming out of Rises. Dunno what it was specifically but it didn't feel anywhere near as well written.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I saw TDK 5 times in the cinema which is crazy when I think about it now but I was so so disappointed coming out of Rises. Dunno what it was specifically but it didn't feel anywhere near as well written.

yeah, i saw tdk in cinema and then went back and watched it on IMAX, which was cool as hell

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Quantum of Phallus posted:

(it didnt have the joker)

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I would actually sign up on their patrone if they started making funny shorts again

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I have to go see Atomic Blonde again to make sure I liked it. I was enjoying it but I kept getting distracted by a guy next to me who was talking the entire loving movie and whenever something happened that he liked he either clapped or snapped his fingers. People kept telling him to shut up but he wouldn't.

Like this was a grown rear end man and he was ooing and ahhing at some titties. You can see titties and women kiss for free, anytime. This isn't some mind blowing thing you have to clap for to take me out of the movie you son of a bitch.

Action scenes were cool at least.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vaguido posted:

I kept getting distracted by a guy next to me who was talking the entire loving movie and whenever something happened that he liked he either clapped or snapped his fingers. People kept telling him to shut up but he wouldn't.

lmao

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Vaguido posted:

I have to go see Atomic Blonde again to make sure I liked it. I was enjoying it but I kept getting distracted by a guy next to me who was talking the entire loving movie and whenever something happened that he liked he either clapped or snapped his fingers. People kept telling him to shut up but he wouldn't.

Like this was a grown rear end man and he was ooing and ahhing at some titties. You can see titties and women kiss for free, anytime. This isn't some mind blowing thing you have to clap for to take me out of the movie you son of a bitch.

Action scenes were cool at least.

This is when you get an usher to kick his rear end out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I had never experienced something like that before so I didn't even think to get someone to kick him out until after. I thought that someone talking that much during a movie was a joke and never actually happened.

It does. It's bad.

• Locked thread