Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.

clone on the phone posted:

Is there a way to move marks/anima between characters on the same account?

Not anima, but if you have a bit of patience you can use the exchange to buy aurum on one character, then sell it for marks on another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Apparently, they changed the daily reset to be midnight PST instead of 3:00 AM (to line up with the daily login rewards, I guess). Of course, it wasn't announced or in the patch notes... loving Funcom.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Amante posted:

Apparently, they changed the daily reset to be midnight PST instead of 3:00 AM (to line up with the daily login rewards, I guess). Of course, it wasn't announced or in the patch notes... loving Funcom.

Works much better for my own schedule. :cheers:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Just got to level 30 on my Templar dude and I'm starting to miss KG's snarky/funny report commentaries...

I abandonned my first Illum because I went Patron and noticed how many AP/SP I had missed out on from level 1-23 not having it. Thinking about making a new Illum but before I wanted to check if it were possible to transfer bound items to another character or was that a final decision when I bought that motorcycle? I was templar in TSW and being one in SWL feels a bit dry atm. Level 30 is easily doable so that's not really the concern.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 27, 2017

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
https://secretworldlegends.com/news/steam-launch-info/

:whatthechrist:

Steam accounts are a completely separate thing from your funcom account.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Reading the FAQ it sounds like it'll work seemlessly. We'll see next week I guess.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I Don't think I'm going to roll them bones on the one-time, irreversible, really better not mess up steam transfer.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Then you're an idiot because if it fucks up I'll never have to play again. :angel:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Reading the FAQ it sounds like it'll work seemlessly. We'll see next week I guess.

That FAQ was possibly the most confusingly worded thing I've read lately. The way I'm reading it, it's like a big neon target for 'how to open the chance for things to break spectacularly'. The Steam client game's separate from the one downloaded from the site, but all play on the same servers and you can't use the login information from the site download of the game on Steam unless you do a conversion which locks you in to only play on Steam?

It's a shame they went this route since I was planning on downloading the steam version just to have everything together, but not at the cost of essentially starting over again.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

M_Sinistrari posted:

It's a shame they went this route since I was planning on downloading the steam version just to have everything together, but not at the cost of essentially starting over again.
That's not how it works.

You can make your current account into a Steam accoun

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

theflyingorc posted:

That's not how it works.

You can make your current account into a Steam accoun

Considering I did lose some clothes in my first conversion from TSW to SWL, I'm really not crazy about giving another conversion a go.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

This looks like a classic opportunity for some Funcompetence.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Amante posted:

This looks like a classic opportunity for some Funcompetence.

Oh yeah no way is it going to be a smooth transition

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Yeah, I'm not a fan of risking a lifetime sub on a steam account. Despite my strong desire to not have to copy my password anymore.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

quote:

If you are playing on a SWL account that was copied from a The Secret World (TSW) account that was purchased on Steam, you will be required to play the game from Steam. If you wish to play with the Funcom client instead of the Steam client, you can convert your SWL Steam account to a Funcom account on the account page.

If I'm reading this correctly, I'll be forced to convert my account to steam. Funcom's client works just fine, why go through the trouble to convert my account again? :wtc:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Fruits of the sea posted:

If I'm reading this correctly, I'll be forced to convert my account to steam. Funcom's client works just fine, why go through the trouble to convert my account again? :wtc:

I'm also thinking what happens if there's some falling out between Funcom and Steam and the game's pulled off Steam, what happens to those accounts then?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oh, so they're pulling a Square-Enix.

Suraht
Feb 12, 2014
I am one of the people that picked up the game new when it went F2P, so forgive me if I'm asking stupid questions that have been asked repeatedly, but a quick glance through the thread didn't show me what I was looking for, so I ask.

I have reached the high 20's, character-level-wise, and have found that my starting gear is just not quite cutting it as well as it used to. I'm a gunslinger, have spent pretty much all AP and SP into pistols, still giggle when I yell out "DIE! DIE! DIE!" when I use Bullet Ballet, and a little ways into the Blue Mountain area, the only thing that really stands a good chance of killing me are dungeon enemies or me not paying attention to my surroundings and drawing aggro from a dozen or more things at once.. So I'm not completely ruined or anything, but it is starting to take progressively more shots to take down even leveled enemies, and in some cases, I can burn through my entire reserve of pistol energy and have to fire off the shotgun a couple of times to take down one even leveled non-champion mob(I assume the enemies with a skull mark on the map are champions).

My pistol and shotgun are both one-star items, so I know they're weak...they're not even DPS gear, as the pistols give healing bonus and the shotgun gives a defensive bonus, but so far, all the pistol and shotgun drops I have gotten from enemies and missions have been one-star healing or defense. I have managed to upgrade both weapons to blue quality, but I'm pretty sure I'm just going to be better off using my Marks to hit the auction house and buying some three star equipment and upgrading that, at least long term, since I can conceivably find the bonuses I need that way.

So, with all that explanation out of the way, here are the questions I have for when I do start investing in long term upgrades:

1) When I upgrade a piece of gear to make it gain levels, from what I understand, the quality of the items fed into it don't matter, and will only count towards raising the XP bar. Got that. However, when it comes to fusion, how much does the quality of the sacrificed item matter? To clarify, if I have, for example, a green-quality, three-star pistol that I want to turn blue, should I only use another three-star pistol as a sacrifice for fusion, or will a one-star pistol give the same boost? I assume that the higher the quality the sacrifice, the bigger the boost, but I don't have any confirmation of this.

2) What types of bonuses should I actually be getting on my gear? I would assume that having nothing but +attack gear would be a bad idea, so about how much of what bonuses should I actually aim for, and how much does it matter which pieces of gear have which bonuses?

Thanks in advance.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.

Suraht posted:

1) When I upgrade a piece of gear to make it gain levels, from what I understand, the quality of the items fed into it don't matter, and will only count towards raising the XP bar. Got that. However, when it comes to fusion, how much does the quality of the sacrificed item matter? To clarify, if I have, for example, a green-quality, three-star pistol that I want to turn blue, should I only use another three-star pistol as a sacrifice for fusion, or will a one-star pistol give the same boost? I assume that the higher the quality the sacrifice, the bigger the boost, but I don't have any confirmation of this.

Quality of the sacrificed gear doesn't matter in any capacity, only the primary piece you're upgrading.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

When leveling up, is there anything I should watch for for AHing?

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

Bruceski posted:

When leveling up, is there anything I should watch for for AHing?

3-pip items, intricate glyphs (mainly crit and hit), occasionally blue quality items will sell for a good amount to people who don't wanna grind equipment

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Oh, and are loot drops individual or group?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Bruceski posted:

Oh, and are loot drops individual or group?

100% individual.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Awesome-sauce. That'll save some stress.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Exmond posted:

https://secretworldlegends.com/news/steam-launch-info/

:whatthechrist:

Steam accounts are a completely separate thing from your funcom account.

Yeah Funcom was saying that from the beginning. Same issue with Black Desert Online and probably some other games too.

The old TSW launcher on Steam still used the regular old Funcom patcher anyway so there really isn't much reason to use the Steam version unless you just like the wallet system.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

DancingShade posted:

Yeah Funcom was saying that from the beginning. Same issue with Black Desert Online and probably some other games too.

The old TSW launcher on Steam still used the regular old Funcom patcher anyway so there really isn't much reason to use the Steam version unless you just like the wallet system.

If they ever make issues again, you'd want Steam for discounts.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

If they ever make issues again, you'd want Steam for discounts.

Haven't they already said that all future story content will be free?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DancingShade posted:

And you won't have to enter your password every time if you use Steam. That's enough for me.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

dmboogie posted:

Haven't they already said that all future story content will be free?

That was my understanding from the FAQ, yeah.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I'm finally brushing up against 50. I know that tanks were supposed to bring impairs in TSW; because of the new skill system in SWL, are tanks or DPS supposed to impair?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Break the meta and have healers bring impairs.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Variable Haircut posted:

Break the meta and have healers bring impairs.

Mandate the entire team uses chaos so everything is green explosions all the time.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Kessel posted:

I'm finally brushing up against 50. I know that tanks were supposed to bring impairs in TSW; because of the new skill system in SWL, are tanks or DPS supposed to impair?

For Elite 1 its not necessary. There are a few skills you can interrupt (Macroshock, Painwheel overdrive) but they aren't needed.

Ive been tanking and I bring interrupts though, it makes the fight a lot easier.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I always bring the Blood interrupt, but that's mostly because it involves ripping out and crushing someones heart. How could I not bring that?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kokoro Wish posted:

I always bring the Blood interrupt, but that's mostly because it involves ripping out and crushing someones heart. How could I not bring that?

Was there always so much lingering drippage from Blood abilities? It seems more bloody than I remember.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

DancingShade posted:

Mandate the entire team uses chaos so everything is green explosions all the time.

Embrace the discogangers

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Exmond posted:

For Elite 1 its not necessary. There are a few skills you can interrupt (Macroshock, Painwheel overdrive) but they aren't needed.

Ive been tanking and I bring interrupts though, it makes the fight a lot easier.
After changing a bunch of elites with CC on them to instead deal bonus damage against bosses in TSW, they've gone back to the "high damage elites also interrupt bosses and cause them to go CC immune" model for this game, for some reason.

The only fight where it really matters is the Spiderbatpug at the end of Darkness War - you can guarantee the dps will stun every single filth cone, leave the boss uninterruptable during concuss and then die when he aggro wipes. :v:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Trick Shot doesn't impair unless you slot its passive, right?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Kessel posted:

Trick Shot doesn't impair unless you slot its passive, right?
I think so, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

WTB a 3 pip Orochi Motivator with a good tanking type.