Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

It's waiting for you, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Confession: I bought Kid Icarus Uprising years ago when it was on sale, it's been sitting on my sd card and I have never played it.

I did this too and finally gave it a try on a flight recently and didn't really like it. It's fine but not terribly interesting.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my secret 3ds shame is that I still have Luigi's Mansion which I bought four years ago and am still only on the second mansion

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I tried to play it and couldn't find a single comfortable way to do so

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

my secret 3ds shame is that I still have Luigi's Mansion which I bought four years ago and am still only on the second mansion

You're fine. It's a cute fun puzzle/adventure game with a lot of character but it actively doesn't want you to play it with all the dumb interruptions and teleporting you out of the mansions every few minutes, and the combat mechanics are kind of bad.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Despite YI:DS being a pretty lame game and Yoshi's New Island presumably being not much better, the games themselves actually sold pretty well. Which is basically more the branding, but it's still kinda boggling why Nintendo is content to deliberately sell mediocrity to people.

Is this a sincere question?

Money makes your shareholders happy and funds the poo poo you do want to make.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

I tried to play it and couldn't find a single comfortable way to do so

Did you try using a pillow as a stand?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah I've never played the original Luigi's Mansion, but I found LM2 a bit frustrating the way the missions are so short. It always seemed like there was so much dialogue and stuff in between, it was a bit frustrating and kind of killed what seemed like an otherwise enjoyable game for me. I guess the idea was that the short mission structure was better for a handheld game, but seriously.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Those sale prices aren't much different than what you can pick them up for on Amazon :/

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Thank you everyone

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

an actual dog posted:

Did you try using a pillow as a stand?

This and it gets WAAAY more awesome 1/3 of the way in.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

GameXplain liked it.

But did they explain it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My Hey Pikmin arrived early.

Played it a bit.

It's okay. Not terribly difficult so far or engaging.

It's 2d pikmin, basically.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is this a sincere question?

Money makes your shareholders happy and funds the poo poo you do want to make.

I mean, Nintendo kinda usually holds themselves to a higher standard, they could poo poo out low budget poo poo for ages if that was really their MO.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

I did this too and finally gave it a try on a flight recently and didn't really like it. It's fine but not terribly interesting.

Okay next try playing it somewhere you can hear

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

i'm going to fight you in real life

hope you're ready to throw down

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Every post on this page that failed to mention Pocket Jockey has been inherently wrong.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I meant to mention it in mine

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pocket jockey is better than hey pikmin.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Pocket Jockey held me in its thrall for months

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would be ok trading Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon for Game Freak to make more horse solitaire

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

Pocket Jockey held me in its thrall for months

I have to actively stop myself from launching pocket jockey because whenever I do, it envelops my all free time for a month at a time.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Pocket Jockey would make one hell of an evil and lucrative F2P game

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Please get its name right, guys. Horse Cards.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm about to chunk soooo many DS and 3DS cases you have no idea

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't like Pocket Jockey and don't understand the appeal

It's repetitive and got boring fast with how slow any kind of progress is

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I'm feeling dumb, can someone help me out?

Couple months ago lost my N3DS for reasons and today finally got to pick up a N2DSXL. I talked with the customer service and they said that my online purchases are getting transfered over so that's good.

But now I'm not sure if I should touch my system until I get the email. Is it safe for me to add friends to this new system and whatnot? All I was told is "expect a email with a guide today or tomorrow"

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Calaveron posted:

I'm about to chunk soooo many DS and 3DS cases you have no idea

I'm looking for a few. If you're in the US, I can pay for shipping if you have the ones I'm looking for.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

Card Horse is not about the destination, it's about the journey.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

It's really charming and the gameplay is pretty fun. The solitaire can get a bit frustrating at times if you get a bit screwed over by your hand, and sometimes the placement of horses in the final lap can mess you up. Once you get good at keeping in the comfort zone and building up lots of HORSE POWER it's pretty good though.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So I'm feeling dumb, can someone help me out?

Couple months ago lost my N3DS for reasons and today finally got to pick up a N2DSXL. I talked with the customer service and they said that my online purchases are getting transfered over so that's good.

But now I'm not sure if I should touch my system until I get the email. Is it safe for me to add friends to this new system and whatnot? All I was told is "expect a email with a guide today or tomorrow"
I haven't ever had to do this before so I'm not entirely sure, but surely all they're doing on their end is switching the licences over to your new system's serial #? In that case, you should be ok logging in with your NNID and adding friends etc. Once the game licences are moved over, you should be able to redownload your purchases from the eShop.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah that sounds right, just didn't wanna flub anything.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Regy Rusty posted:

I've been trying to figure out how to pwn you with a witty retort. But nothing I can come up with is as bad as your post.

You already pwnd yourself as hard as anyone possibly could.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Waltzing Along posted:

I've been trying to figure out how to pwn you with a witty retort. But nothing I can come up with is as bad as your post.

this is a really bad post

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

KingSlime posted:

this is a really bad post

I know. It's spreading.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

It's really charming and the gameplay is pretty fun. The solitaire can get a bit frustrating at times if you get a bit screwed over by your hand, and sometimes the placement of horses in the final lap can mess you up. Once you get good at keeping in the comfort zone and building up lots of HORSE POWER it's pretty good though.

Yeah I get that. It was fun enough for the first few hours, it's just after a while I was so sick of solitaire and there just didn't seem to be much else to it.

Waltzing Along posted:

drat thats an impressive accomplishment. Go me!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

there just didn't seem to be much else to it.

*looks at product page*

you don't say

man i'm not sure if i should start SMTIVA or finish loving persona 5 before diving in

i am gonna burn out on SMT so bad

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

KingSlime posted:

*looks at product page*

you don't say

man i'm not sure if i should start SMTIVA or finish loving persona 5 before diving in

i am gonna burn out on SMT so bad

While SMTIVA is amazing maybe you should finish P5 and take a little break.

Or else just embrace it and bury yourself in demons

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

So my girlfriend is playing Poochy & Yoshi on my 3DS which I downloaded with my NNID. I want to get a New 2DS XL next month. I know that I can't play e.g. Poochy & Yoshi on it without doing a :siren: SYSTEM TRANSFER :siren: but I could I log into my NNID and download games just for the 2DS, while keeping Yoshi and my old games on the 3DS? Thanks!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

While SMTIVA is amazing maybe you should finish P5 and take a little break.

Or else just embrace it and bury yourself in demons

yeah I might just dive in

I ripped through SMTIV while between palaces 3 and 4 in P5 so what the hell, stressing over what to complete or not isn't worth it!

i just play whatever i feel like on the spot these days, back logs are 4 chumpz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

wuggles posted:

So my girlfriend is playing Poochy & Yoshi on my 3DS which I downloaded with my NNID. I want to get a New 2DS XL next month. I know that I can't play e.g. Poochy & Yoshi on it without doing a :siren: SYSTEM TRANSFER :siren: but I could I log into my NNID and download games just for the 2DS, while keeping Yoshi and my old games on the 3DS? Thanks!

I don't believe that is possible unless you create a new NNID on your 2DSXL and buy another set of games for that.
The biggest difference to account systems on other platforms is that you have to do a system transfer to use your account on another 3DS or WiiU.