Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

tqilamknbrd posted:

I hear they will mail you fidget spinner if you roll a hunter on launch day

:pusheen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I could see them rotating available missions/maps to keep them fresh, but you better be sure you have a poo poo load if you're gonna do that. Sorta neat idea, although if you're looking for like titan-specific guns or something and titan is in occlusion right now it's gonna suck poo poo 4u.

Is there any info about the current locations' situations in 2? Titan and dreadnaught are right next to each other, basically. Like moon & cosmodrome & dead zone.

I'd like to see some other earth zones too, someday.

Pre D2 announcement Rumors were about old areas getting reintroduced with dlcs or expansions after being extended and re purposed with the new missions and events. Those rumors also talked about bigger patrol areas, less emphasis on orbit and in patrol vendors and apparently those things are true.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'd love to play on a blown out Uranus
I changed my mind bone krew rules now

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

limaCAT posted:

Pre D2 announcement Rumors were about old areas getting reintroduced with dlcs or expansions after being extended and re purposed with the new missions and events. Those rumors also talked about bigger patrol areas, less emphasis on orbit and in patrol vendors and apparently those things are true.

I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be an ice planet in the game because they teased that for D1 and they've pushed out more concept art for it with D2. I'm guessing it will probably be in one of the first DLC packs maybe?

Also I forget where but somebody shared an image of some preorder card thing for this game and it listed basic stuff like 10 new PvP maps but also mentioned that it supported multiplayer for up to 16 people, so I wonder if they've been keeping some kind of big team battle mode under wraps? My first thought was that it was referring to social spaces but apparently they support 20+ players.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Isn't some jovian moon supposed to be in (not titan)? Maybe that will be ice zone.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

SUNKOS posted:

I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be an ice planet in the game because they teased that for D1 and they've pushed out more concept art for it with D2. I'm guessing it will probably be in one of the first DLC packs maybe?

I wouldn't be surprised if Europa was featured in next year's big DLC. Either that or the Chicago swamps.

Anyway, in 2015 there were rumours about the D2 Cabal Raid being on a new zone on Mars and being developed by High Moon Studios.
I guess that zone on Mars either was split between Nessus and EDZ or will resurface later (Mars was ugly and underused as heck).

quote:

The team ultimately decided to focus it around a single major map—the Hive ship that had been cut from vanilla Destiny—as well as a new public space on Mars, complete with strikes and a new raid. (That entire last Mars chunk was later cut and passed to Activision subsidiary High Moon Studios to develop for Destiny’s full-sized 2016 sequel, a source said. They’re helping Bungie make the game.)

http://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-story-behind-the-making-of-destiny-1737556731

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The ice planet is being cut and instead we're getting a cold stone creamery at the farm

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Isn't some jovian moon supposed to be in (not titan)? Maybe that will be ice zone.

Io, which is pretty much the exact opposite of an ice zone (barring space magic).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I want a us west patrol zone, like in Utah or New Mexico. With a crucible map in a box canyon with two bunkers in it for some reason.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
A giant version of Blood Gulch could be neat.

Drag
Sep 23, 2004

xzzy posted:

I want a us west patrol zone, like in Utah or New Mexico. With a crucible map in a box canyon with two bunkers in it for some reason.
Like Dustbowl in TFC. Except dunking instead of flags. Probably not a very good 4v4 fit for that, though.

Are there multiple goon PS4 things going on for D2 or just Team Moana or whatever at this point? I'm still in Fate of All Goons from D1, but it made no difference whatsoever in the game as far as I can recall.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
We still don't even really know what difference being in a clan will make for D2. We've seen clan levels and they've said that there will be clan-wide rewards, but what exactly that even means remains to be seen. Could just be shaders and junk for all we know.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Drag posted:

Like Dustbowl in TFC. Except dunking instead of flags. Probably not a very good 4v4 fit for that, though.

Are there multiple goon PS4 things going on for D2 or just Team Moana or whatever at this point? I'm still in Fate of All Goons from D1, but it made no difference whatsoever in the game as far as I can recall.

I actually would love a Destiny version of "Lockout" from Halo 2. Given the 4v4 thing.

We did some looking around when thinking about running a new goon clan. As far as I know there are a couple small ones after for some inexplicable reason Button Pressers died. I've theorized there's some pockets out there that would be active in D2 that just don't post on the forums. And they're probably better off for it.

Supposedly clans matter now for some reason. Bungie hasn't said why or how it's going to be implemented. We do know that there's some kind of clan item thing on the items menu so my personal theory is that we can all have customized Titan beach towels or something. And the implication was that there is a seasonal benefit or some other group completion bonus. For all I know it's just like Titanfall and "all players in group with custom item get 2x XP" or something along those lines. Nobody knows and that kinda sucks :(

Thus far the largest active PS4 group that I know of is Team Moana AKA [KINK]

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

the good fax machine posted:

We still don't even really know what difference being in a clan will make for D2. We've seen clan levels and they've said that there will be clan-wide rewards, but what exactly that even means remains to be seen. Could just be shaders and junk for all we know.

How dare you call shaders 'junk'

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shaders are by far the most important loot in the game.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well, now that they're supposedly consumable, I suppose I can't disagree with that. My point was that I've seen people theorize that it will mean a raid drop for the whole clan for completing a raid, for example, and I don't think there's any chance of that happening. I'll be genuinely surprised if clan rewards include weapons and armor, especially from high-level content and not just generic poo poo.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

the good fax machine posted:

My point was that I've seen people theorize that it will mean a raid drop for the whole clan for completing a raid, for example, and I don't think there's any chance of that happening. I'll be genuinely surprised if clan rewards include weapons and armor, especially from high-level content and not just generic poo poo.

This actually sounds like peak Bungie being dumb and over complicating something simple.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The bonus is going to be a splatoon style sketch pad allowing the clan to design their own emblem.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

xzzy posted:

The bonus is going to be a splatoon style sketch pad allowing the clan to design their own emblem.

Dicks. Dicks as far as the eye can see.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Another thing was how in the dreadnaught you have to actually put in a beacon, that was cool and I wish patrols was more that kinda stuff, where you had to extend and protect the influence of the city.

What happened to that thing anyway. Is it still out there just chilling or did the Cabal knock it into the sun?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

What happened to that thing anyway. Is it still out there just chilling or did the Cabal knock it into the sun?

Oryx is dead, guardians pillaged it for all the loot, no reason to go back.

It's just a giant hunk of space junk loving with Saturn's rings for the rest of eternity.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can still see it in the ring in the skybox of the Titan destination.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

im sure that time travelling vex technology will let us go back and do all the D1 raids yet again at the new current light levels, just like the 'timewalking' (old content scaled up) thing that blizzard used in warcraft.

also I bought the tshirt :negative:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

kecske posted:

also I bought the tshirt :negative:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

xzzy posted:

Shaders are by far the most important loot in the game.

This but actually not because aurora blur is a vendor shader.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just hope my robot can have a helmet with a razor blade mohawk again, or at least find more robot heads to use as helmets to guard his own robot head.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

RBA Starblade posted:

I just hope my robot can have a helmet with a razor blade mohawk again, or at least find more robot heads to use as helmets to guard his own robot head.

I hope there is a lot of armor variety so that everybody that hasn't abandoned the game in six months doesn't look exactly alike.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Holy poo poo this game has died since the beta.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

Do you mean the D1 beta?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

BlindSite posted:

I'm pretty sure Destiny is still full of betas heyooooooo

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

I quit D1 a month or so before the beta so I wouldn't feel jarred by the differences, a top notch decision, and am staying quit for precisely the same reason. I get the sense a lot of people are doing the same, allowing a palate cleanse.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

IGN user Ranondra asks: Will our characters remain mute through the sequel?
Destiny 2 Game Director Luke Smith: Yep.

Good

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Yeah seriously. I dont want my Murder Barbie to have a personality beyond a hosed up mannequin.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Alloid (from Horizont) talk a lot of cutscenes and it don't make the game better. Many people just don't like shy/dry Alloid personality. A mute protagonist is just a option in game design.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
It depends on what the situation calls for, silent protagonists suit a pseudo-mmo like Destiny since everyone is their own player character and the sidekick does all the talking for them. Then you get games like MGSV where the central character is literally the most pivotal figure set in the most pivotal era in the entire series yet he's mute save for a handful of lines in a 40+ hour story.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
I wouldn't mind a little speech, little Light.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

quote:

IGN user Ranondra asks: Will our characters remain mute through the sequel?
Destiny 2 Game Director Luke Smith: Yep.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Tei posted:

Alloid (from Horizont) talk a lot of cutscenes and it don't make the game better. Many people just don't like shy/dry Alloid personality. A mute protagonist is just a option in game design.

Aloy is one of the better written/acted protagonists in video game history, so maybe the problem is you.

Destiny is a different type of game, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's also an incredibly low bar.