Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

she wants a van

ugh

Hahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

she wants a van

ugh

Are conversion vans still a thing?

also

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Wait, wait, wait. Did she say "van" or did she say "minivan?"

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

minivan

at least now i wont feel bad buying a gti in the future

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Syrian Lannister posted:

Are conversion vans still a thing?

Yes. And they're even more hilariously expensive than the 90s, starting mostly in the high $50k neighborhood.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Welp.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Show up with this and just be like 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I would no poo poo love to have a kriegervan

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

minivan

You poor, poor bastard. The guys I really feel sorry for are the ones for whom Stockholm Syndrome has set in and they claim to not only tolerate, but actually like driving their failwagons minvans.

Irony: I own one and it makes a great trash and building materials hauler. It is also acceptable as a vacation vehicle but you'll have to put a gun to my head to daily it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Save yourself time and go to a Honda dealer. If you even glance in the direction of a Chrysler product dealer they'll try to win you in with all manner of bullshit sales. Just drive past and plant her in an Odyssey.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

minivan

This guy gets the Art of War and Negotiation by Sum Yung Bae

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Save yourself time and go to a Honda dealer. If you even glance in the direction of a Chrysler product dealer they'll try to win you in with all manner of bullshit sales. Just drive past and plant her in an Odyssey.

exactly

Mr. Mambold posted:

This guy gets the Art of War and Negotiation by Sum Yung Bae

again, exactly

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

This last year the Sienna was a better deal. I have leased two odyssey and the base models just don't compare right now. Power sliding doors are a trim upgrade for instance.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Do any cars still come with crank/chain windows, is that still a thing? I swear power windows are a scam with some kind of programmed self destruct interval on every single moving part.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Slayer were on Fallon yesterday it seems

Time to watch Jimmy Fallon

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Duzzy Funlop posted:

What did they play? Props if they had the balls to play Angel of Death or Disciple.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

bird food bathtub posted:

Do any cars still come with crank/chain windows, is that still a thing? I swear power windows are a scam with some kind of programmed self destruct interval on every single moving part.

Total base model fleet trucks sometimes still have them. I haven't seen a new passenger car with crank windows in a decade.

Also lol, my 30 year old Toyota and Volvo have zero issues with their power windows.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Terrible Robot posted:

Also lol, my 30 year old Toyota and Volvo Acura have zero issues with their power windows.

Same. Just don't make them like they used to

I did have to replace the sunroof switch at one point though at the tune of $14 on eBay

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

There's never a good time to watch Jimmy Fallon.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I had a 2000 Toyota Sienna minivan I'd still be driving if I hadn't been rear-ended in 2013 and the insurance company decided to total it because replacing the rear door would cost too much.

It was still getting sticker gas mileage. And oh man, it made Ikea trips easy as hell. I miss that storage space.

But I'm loving the extra 10 MPG I'm getting from my Camry.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

McNally posted:

I had a 2000 Toyota Sienna minivan I'd still be driving if I hadn't been rear-ended in 2013 and the insurance company decided to total it because replacing the rear door would cost too much.

It was still getting sticker gas mileage. And oh man, it made Ikea trips easy as hell. I miss that storage space.

But I'm loving the extra 10 MPG I'm getting from my Camry.

What up Camry Club :respek:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

tastefully arranged labia posted:

What did they play? Props if they had the balls to play Angel of Death or Disciple.

Raining loving blood

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Could always get a Mazda 5, which has the sliding doors but isn't -quite- a minivan.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's glorious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2OjbS_GnS4

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

this is true of all the active duty coasties/former marines that i know.

except for that one dude who was stationed in germany as a marine. his germany stories are glorious.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

lol I like reading the random CG comments that end up on my feed from that CG rep recruiter or w/e

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I think the Nissan Versa is still crank windows

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Honestly, the Chrysler Pacifica is pretty drat nice. More power and better fuel economy than either the Sienna and Odyssey, active noise cancellation in every trim level, and seats that fold flat into the floor.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You're part of the problem. You got sucked in and are now under their spell.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

:shrug:

Not that I'll ever buy a minivan but I'd argue that at the moment it's an objectively better product than what Toyota and Honda are offering in terms of what you want a vehicle like that to do. It's also the only minivan on sale today that's the IIHS considers a top safety pick, if that matters to you.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm honestly not up to snuff on the latest offerings and what widgets and doodads come standard, but I know Chrysler well enough to not be fooled by "special" pricing or any other reason they drum up. Anything you drive off one of their lots will suffer more mechanical dumb poo poo for the sake of being dumb, poorly engineered and poo poo quality production, than anything from east Asia.

Thought exercise, Chrysler sold how many Neons, PT Cruisers, Cirrus/200s, and untold volumes of minivans over the last two decades. How do they look compared to their class competitors? How many are still on the road, class for class?

When's the last time you saw a first generation Intrepid on the road? Driving, I mean, not parked with a tow tag on a shoulder.

They are garbage cars for garbage people too dumb to not take the advice of not buying Chryslers. There are some exceptions, but not many good ones.

E: I'm probably being harsher than need be. People don't realize what kind of garbage cars they make. Sorry if I hurt someone's feel-feels. I'm an rear end in a top hat.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 29, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/huger-powerful-affordable-electric-skateboards/#/

Anyone ever used an e-skateboard? Yeah yeah indiegogo

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jul 29, 2017

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Honestly, the Chrysler Pacifica is pretty drat nice. More power and better fuel economy than either the Sienna and Odyssey, active noise cancellation in every trim level, and seats that fold flat into the floor.

we've reached peak mom chat

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I've got crabs.
So many crabs.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Tons of people have versions of these on campus here, albeit not standalone from-scratch models, it's usually some after-market upgrade package to a normal longboard. I'm assuming either the wheels or the whole axis assembly is replaced.

In any case, you see a whole bunch of folks buzzing around with their hands in their jacket pockets on a skateboard that they're not visibly propelling themselves, and it confused the gently caress out of me the first time I saw it. I'm assuming those things are as affordable as anything else kids have these days, what with expensive as gently caress hightech phones and whatnot.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I almost got my backpacking shopping list done, my leave dates set and im getting sent to Search and Rescue school later this year.

On the flip side im not getting my 1 year tour extension so next year i might have to PCS out of the bay area. Unless i pcs to one of the coast guard cutter hete.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

ElMaligno posted:

I almost got my backpacking shopping list done, my leave dates set and im getting sent to Search and Rescue school later this year.

On the flip side im not getting my 1 year tour extension so next year i might have to PCS out of the bay area. Unless i pcs to one of the coast guard cutter hete.

I hear Alaska is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

I've got crabs.
So many crabs.

show me

• Locked thread