Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

chutche2 posted:

The cheapest you can run one with 4 las shots is:
TL lascannon, las-talon, ironstorm heavy stubber, 2 krakstorms, autolaunchers, 3 storm bolters for 320, sacrificing practically all of your anti-infantry firepower.
Which puts it at about the same level of fire power as your average land raider but ~10% cheaper.

Naturally if you're kitting it out to be able to put out near crusader levels of anti infantry as well as being solid anti tank you should be paying for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Did they put artificer armor back in the codex or naw?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

PantsOptional posted:

Did they put artificer armor back in the codex or naw?

Sort of, no limitation on which character you can give the armor indomitus to.

2+3++ apothecary sounds amusing.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Anyway, important to remember the las-talon only has a 24 inch range. So you've got to keep aware of your positioning and how far you are to their big targets.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Geoff Zahn posted:

While I'm very glad GW customer service is awesome and replaced my broken piece, I'm a little saddened that I didn't win the customer service lottery and get a full sprue. Oh well, now I can continue assembling things at least!

They haven't really done that for years. I've had to call them for a few things in the past 5(?) years and have only received the part I've called about - I'm sure it was due to assholes abusing the system, as usual.

The last email I sent them was for two pots of Tallarn Sand that were dried before I opened the pots. The guy wanted the lot numbers (which I couldn't find) before he would send replacements. I responded that I couldn't find the lots, but not to worry about it - there were plenty of other paint ranges I can switch to. I got two replacements in the mail a few days later.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

berzerkmonkey posted:

They haven't really done that for years. I've had to call them for a few things in the past 5(?) years and have only received the part I've called about - I'm sure it was due to assholes abusing the system, as usual.

The last email I sent them was for two pots of Tallarn Sand that were dried before I opened the pots. The guy wanted the lot numbers (which I couldn't find) before he would send replacements. I responded that I couldn't find the lots, but not to worry about it - there were plenty of other paint ranges I can switch to. I got two replacements in the mail a few days later.

The lot number does actually help them with QC. Though I'm surprised he didn't just ask for pictures instead when you couldn't find the lot number.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Post your toys instead of math please.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Went for the artwork version of the lieutenant stripe since I liked it better.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

There are alot of dead Thousand Sons in this picture

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

Warhammer Fantasy Bonus Model:

I'm currently working on a SLAMBO and my biglyLT for the chapter challenge. Should be done with SLAMBO in the next couple of days. I've also got 15/20 of another 30k tactical squad mostly done. I need to paint the last 5 and then it's 20 bases, guns, and backpacks. :shepface:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I'd post my toys but I've been painting up my AoS recently instead of 40k

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Save this page, Safety Factor

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 28, 2017

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
In the grim darkness of the present future there is only lame copypasta.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Hixson posted:

Finished up some of my Night Bois:

100% fully sick

panascope posted:

Finished my Inceptors yesterday, all the Primaris done from Dark Imperium. Now to start on the Death Guard.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Safety Factor posted:

Warhammer Fantasy Bonus Model:

I'm currently working on a SLAMBO and my biglyLT for the chapter challenge. Should be done with SLAMBO in the next couple of days. I've also got 15/20 of another 30k tactical squad mostly done. I need to paint the last 5 and then it's 20 bases, guns, and backpacks. :shepface:

Those are some hawt sword bois!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Same.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Hixson posted:

Finished up some of my Night Bois:

Best Night Bros.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I have been working on basing my cataphractii though.

Also I'm working on the same dude Safety Factor but mine is Nurgle.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

Okay.

AdMech

Howling Griffons

One Offs

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

The thread immediately got 100000000% better

Nice mans y'all

richyp posted:

Best Night Bros.

Thanks Richyp, glad to see ya back!

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I forgot how fuckin sweet those Howling Griffons are with the quartered gun shields and everything

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
My nurgle army(Technically aos but usuable in both)

My Typhus

Random space marine scout I am testing out my Blue Cats colour scheme on

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I've started working on some tractors for my AoP board.

#

And a Deathwatch Primaris Captain. Was hoping to have more done in time for a game tomorrow, but I just can't sum up the energy today it seems.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Is that a female head? I can't tell, there are no boobs. WHERE ARE THE BOOBS!?

I actually really dig this. Looks ready to ruin some folk.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So I'm going to work on painting a predator after my Thunder Eaters lt. How should I make a black iron hands vehicle look interesting?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Zuul the Cat posted:

Is that a female head? I can't tell, there are no boobs. WHERE ARE THE BOOBS!?

I actually really dig this. Looks ready to ruin some folk.

It is. That ponytail was the fiddliest little fucker, actually had to break out the tweezers to get it in place goddamn.

Hope she performs well tomorrow, super excited to add the other Primaris toys into my grotesquely swelling Watch Company.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
The last two pages have been fantastic. Keep the hobby coming!

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

SteelMentor posted:

I've started working on some tractors for my AoP board.

#

And a Deathwatch Primaris Captain. Was hoping to have more done in time for a game tomorrow, but I just can't sum up the energy today it seems.

Really like both of those, I want those little tractors
The Deathwatch marine is cool, hopefully she'll trigger some fools too

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

chutche2 posted:

So I'm going to work on painting a predator after my Thunder Eaters lt. How should I make a black iron hands vehicle look interesting?

Detailing and stuff on the sides. There's Iron Hands vehicle icons from FW:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Iron-Hands-Icons

Or freehand stuff, little text blocks or whatever.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

panascope posted:

Ask and ye shall receive!
:unsmigghh:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

The Sisko posted:

That's loving rad.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

The Sisko posted:

Literally :unsmigghh:

Love it.

Edit: now we need an SA smiley challenge. Oh wait you won.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
For a Chaos marine list, what is better? Using your own tanks, or allying in Renegade variants of Imperial Guard tanks?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Looks like I photographed my stuff just in time for the best page.

First up we have Corvix, my Raven Guard Primaris Librarian.

And here we have my Wolf Lord in Gravis Armor.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

jadebullet posted:

And here we have my Wolf Lord in Gravis Armor.

Dude looks so surprised, did he slip? How hard is it to stand up in all that armor, especially with all that snow?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Back from traveling, should be able to get my Primaris dude done tonight. It's exciting to think I might actually have a model finished.

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005
Can tau please get some anti-psyker stuff? It seems like every list above 1k pts includes at least one psyker as a matter of course.
I think necrons need some, too.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?

thesurlyspringKAA posted:

Can tau please get some anti-psyker stuff? It seems like every list above 1k pts includes at least one psyker as a matter of course.
I think necrons need some, too.

Necrons have a little, but only the gloom prism on the spyder for a deny in the base book. FW adds in the tomb stalker and sentinel for some more prisms, and I'm tempted to swap some into my list if the brimstone spam ends up hitting my local meta.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Uroboros posted:

To be clear, selections from the Index that didn't make it to the new codex are still valid? I'm unclear on that...

Yes. If the unit is in the Codex as configured, it must use the new rules. If the unit/configuration was in the Index, but didn't make it to the Codex, you can use the stats, rules and points listed in the Index. And the unit will still benefit from the special rules outlined in the Codex (like Chapter Tactics, for example). It was covered in their Codex FAQ.

Naramyth posted:

Bobby G still costs the same. And dev cents went up? They were already unplayable.

Agreed. I think they were worried about Bolter Drill w/ Dev. Centurians, as it'll give you ~9 extra automatic hits per volley. Still though, price hike was unwarranted. Both Devastator Centurians and Bolter Drill are bad.

TKIY posted:

Nothing rolls for reserves now. They come in on the turn you want, at the end of your movement phase.

Unless you're playing a Narrative Mission, which uses different rules for reserves. But in regular games and Matched Play, your dudes arrive automatically w/ no roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Bolt Carbine or CQC Reivers? I know the Knife/Gun builds look cooler but is one extra attack in melee worth giving up the ranged power?