Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I never underestimate the pettiness of Freep, but why do they sometimes call John McCain Juan? Just because they don't like him so they're gonna give him a 'foreign' name now, or is it a specific reference to something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot

Prism posted:

I never underestimate the pettiness of Freep, but why do they sometimes call John McCain Juan? Just because they don't like him so they're gonna give him a 'foreign' name now, or is it a specific reference to something?

Long ago, McCain sponsored an immigration bill that gave undocumented immigrants who had lived here for a long time, had clean criminal records, and paid back taxes to become citizens. Conservatives were mad because the proper solution was obviously to chop their legs off and throw them in the Rio Grande. As punishment, they call him "Juan," because what's worse than having a Mexican-sounding name?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ I thought that was linked to him being born in South America, you know, thus freep pettiness decided to call him names

Jagged Jim posted:

To: GIdget2004

Imo, every R that votes against repeal should be arrested and tried for fraud on a separate count for each and every donation contributor who claims he/she gave that political monies to support effort to repeal obamacare.

There is no accountability. As long as there is no accountability, there will be neither honor nor integrity.

10 posted on 07/26/2017 12:57:38 PM PDT by Grimmy (equivocation is but the first step along the road to capitulation)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

This one stands out the most to me. Blindly supports Trump and bitches about no accountability

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 27, 2017

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

SocketWrench posted:

This one stands out the most to me. Blindly supports Trump and bitches about no accountability

I think even Stalin was more accepting of dissent from his party than Grimmy.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

SocketWrench posted:

^ I thought that was linked to him being born in South America, you know, thus freep pettiness decided to call him names

That's the one I was referring to above. Like, don't they know bribing an official to get a particular kind of vote is like, a crime? Not a contractual obligation?

Head North
May 19, 2017

by zen death robot

SocketWrench posted:

I could be wrong, but I think the immigration bill was the start of it. Talk show pricks started calling him "Juan" and it caught on from there. In any case, that's probably been forgotten, and freep just calls him that now because, again, is there any punishment on this Earth greater than having a Latino name?

I hate freepers.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Head North posted:

I could be wrong, but I think the immigration bill was the start of it. Talk show pricks started calling him "Juan" and it caught on from there. In any case, that's probably been forgotten, and freep just calls him that now because, again, is there any punishment on this Earth greater than having a Latino name?

Probably a muslim name, they just haven't found one that works for him.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yahya ibn Qabil.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Jagged Jim posted:

Aw man, what happened, I thought you had escaped, I thought you were free of this torment... :smith:

Oh, hardly. The only thing keeping me away has been a chain of personal crises that absorbed me completely.

I really kind of want to rant here about some of that poo poo, but honestly I'm just a really bad communicator and I don't think it'd be interesting to most people in this thread. What I will say is that it's become pretty clear that freep is not an exception in modern American "conservatives," but instead it's become the rule. To steal some phrasing from PJ, freep is the embodiment of the modern "conservative" inner narrative, and you can see this reflected in interviews with those that remain Trump supporters. The spite is real and they - American "conservatives," not just freepers - have been mentally armed against adopting viewpoints that will ever allow them to coexist with "liberals."

We are hosed as a nation.

But at least we aren't sucking ourselves off. Isn't that right, Mooch?

From Scaramucci calls Priebus a [bleep]ing paranoid schizophrenic’ in rant posted by freeper Sub-Driver.

Soooo, if you have not yet seen the weird interview that Scaramucci did with The New Yorker, please go read it now. It's an amazing piece of art and we are blessed to have it in our lives.

quote:

To: Sub-Driver

Is there a recording of him saying this?

4 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:02:39 PM by PJBankard
The reporter says that there are tapes, yes, but they haven't been put out as of the time I've started writing this.

quote:

He may need to dial it back a bit.

I wonder if this was supposed to be on the record.

5 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:02:42 PM by Defiant (The media is the colostomy bag where truth goes after democrats digest it.)

quote:

Loose canon? Don’t know much about the mooch,first time I heard of him was at the presser... but to me, this guy comes across like an egomaniac...I’m I wrong?

9 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:04:15 PM by RoseofTexas

Just take a moment to let this post wash over you. Maybe I should go back and undelete the essay I wrote above.

quote:

I find it very, very difficult to believe that a pro like Scaramucci would speak in such an unguarded manner to a reporter who works for the New Yorker.

On the other hand, I don’t trust the New Yorker as far as I can tinkle.

11 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:05:29 PM by Steely Tom (Liberals think in propaganda)

quote:

I hope that is just more media trouble making. If it is true we are being set up for a big fall.

13 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:06:52 PM by elpadre (AfganistaMr Obama said the goal was to "disrupt, dismantle and defeat al-hereQaeda" and its allies.)

No, Rose, it wasn't a leak. Mooch called the reporter.

quote:

To: hsmomx3

Who leaked the call in the first place?! A private call was leaked and it gotta stop! My goodness I feel like all hell has broken loose...this is exactly what the establishment wanted to happen In the trump WH ..UNCONTROLLABLY CHAOS! Meanwhile the RATS are still in control and power because of our useless spineless reps!! God help us! And I mean it!

19 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:12:35 PM by RoseofTexas

99% sure that txhurl here didn't actually read anything Mooch said.

quote:

To: GraceG

After these 6 months of ceaseless nuclear war from the left and Uniparty, CINC is returning the blows.

They all have it coming.

22 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:16:21 PM by txhurl

quote:

[nuclear fireball gif redacted]

Gonna assume this is all true...

KABOOM!!! LOVE IT!! MORE FIRE!! MORE FLAME!! BURN SMASH DESTROY!! SLEDGEHAMMERS!! HULK SMASH!! THIS IS WHAT I VOTED FOR!! SMASH THAT F*CKING TOWN TO SMITHEREENS!!

23 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:16:51 PM by chris37 (Donald J. Trump, Tom Brady, The Patriots... American Destiny!)

quote:

To: Steve_Seattle

“What the hell is going on?”

I don’t know but it ain’t good. It’s obviously hard to find good & competent people to put their lives & reputations at risk battling this 4 trillion dollar corrupt stasi state.

24 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:17:52 PM by Electric Graffiti (Obama voters killed America. Treat them accordingly.)

quote:

Trump made a decision to put his Presidency in the hands of the GOPe apparatus and the GOPe has all but destroyed him.

It looks like Trump intends to get even.

41 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:40:58 PM by TTFlyer

"prank"

quote:

To: Steve_Seattle

What the hell is going on?

The question is whether the prank will play out as well as the Sessions thing. We just watched Trump and Sessions play the Senate to get a complete bipartisan endorsement for Sessions to do what he needs to do - and Trump can't stop him without facing the full wrath of Lindsey Graham!! It's too funny for words.

42 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:42:53 PM by AndyJackson

quote:

Bret Baier, Fox, and the usual fairy freepers in hysterics over cursing on the telephone. Guess no one either remembers Clinton’s filthy mouth, his tackling of Dick Morris in the Executive Office, the lamp-throwing or Dick Nixon’s mouth. All they remember is GWB’s namby-pamby born-again mealy mouth behavior which so helped him. And, I guess, they think Obama was too cool to curse.

Hilariously, Charles Krauthammer could barely breathe he was so upset about bad language. Never talked to a NYer, I guess.

Switched over to Fox Business News which is like cool air on a fevered brow. Too bad they got rid of Charles Payne.

43 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:46:36 PM by miss marmelstein

quote:

Many places can operate very well with internal conflict at the top. With aides, associates and top officials snarking at each other. It creates a balance of power as they all seek to outdo each other and please the boss more than the other guy. This type of disharmony avoids a cadre of yes men.

And then some places fall apart like this. It shows that the leadership is in disarray and there is no single consensus of all the team players moving in one direction for the common goal.

Trump has surely embraced the chaotic style. And it works for him. This is how he ran his billion dollar businesses with his close associates all in competition with or against each other.

45 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:46:58 PM by Responsibility2nd

quote:

I’m not buying it.

This guy Scaramooch is smooth. Not nasty and rough like this reporter’s trying to portray. This is a fake news setup. Stinks of Obama and his chronies. Reporter is projecting his own partisan bias.

47 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:49:48 PM by Samurai_Jack (War is cruelty, there is no use trying to reform it; the crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.)

There's another, longer thread, but I'm out of time for now.

e: Oh, this'll be fun
https://twitter.com/passantino/status/890726185247793152

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
More from the above thread.

quote:

To: Steely Tom

So, has Scaramucci reacted to any of this? Or Trump or Bannon or Prius?

If this is true, he must be insane, schizophrenic, drunk or all the above to talk at all, but especially like this, to the New Yorker.

50 posted on 7/27/2017, 4:00:42 PM by aquila48

quote:

Ok...I’m probably going to catch a lot of flak for this observation and comment.....

In this case, colorful language = passion......

Stay tough and angry......

Every snarky reporter and commentator uses worse language.....so has every President regardless of party.......

A tempest in a teapot......yet again .....

If Sessions can’t take a little public heat then he is the wrong man for the job.....so is Prebius.....

Suck it it Washington cupcakes........

No more nice.... no more “just get along” no more “that’s not Presidential”....no more “shouldn’t be public” or “that’s not the way it’s done”

Anyone who utters those words is just a big fat crybaby P*ssy......

55 posted on 7/27/2017, 4:24:27 PM by nevergore (I have a terrible rash on my covfefe....)

quote:

To: All

I just posted this on a similar thread:

I don’t like the language, but after decades of prim and prissy RINOs who smile at us voters through the news cameras and who dot every i and cross every t of their murky lawyer-talk all while planning to slip behind closed doors to betray us, I’ll happily trade a thousand of them for one loyal patriot like Scaramucci.

I doubt that the language which our soldiers have used while fighting for us on the battlefields of our country’s history has been parlor-appropriate, but they defeated our enemies and protected us and our families.

The war which President Trump is fighting for us (and it IS a war) is real and ugly, and it’s probably going to get a lot uglier before it’s over.

The good news is that if Trump wins we probably avoid a bloody civil war.

Even with their faults, I support the soldiers he chooses to fight beside him for my children to have the opportunity to live their lives in peace and even prosperity.

58 posted on 7/27/2017, 4:48:15 PM by pax_et_bonum (Never Forget the SEALs of Extortion 17 - and God Bless The United States of America.)

quote:

I think Scaramucci is trying to beat Flynn’s record for the shortest Trump admin appointment.

63 posted on 7/27/2017, 5:20:41 PM by Brilliant

quote:

“That’s what I think, but many here at FR seem to think talking like this to a bitter, committed, hateful enemy publication is just peachy. So what do I know?”

Obviously you don’t recognize 5-dimensional chess when you see it, like so many grand masters here at FR.

73 posted on 7/27/2017, 5:58:06 PM by aquila48

And from another thread

quote:

To: Sopater
"Maybe it's just me, but this seems like a very risky choice for communications director."

Nope.
This is just Trump being brilliant again.

He now has a hatchet man who can say anything about the under performing staff and The Chief is clean.

Not only that, Trump can cast himself as The Great Conciliator at any point.

2 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:11:31 PM by shibumi (Cover it with gas and set it on fire.)

I love that this is now the default mental excuse.

quote:

Whose phone is tapped and is this conversation a canary? It’s too juicy to ignore by a leaker. Set up?

13 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:15:37 PM by hoosiermama (When you open your heart to patriotism, there is no room for prejudice.DJT)

All of this is because Trump isn't Christian enough, guys.

quote:

The guy seems nuts to me.

I think the issue might be that Trump wants to hire people he trusts. Unfortunately most of the people he knows are people like Scaramuchi.

I’ve long wondered if Trump is a recent Christian convert. When he speaks about God he speaks as a neophyte, like someone who is new to it but is really onboard.

It might’ve been a recent enough event that he hasn’t made a lot of new associates or friends, and most from his previous life are snakes.

I have no idea if there’s truth to this or not but it explains some things. It also explains much of his personal frustrations. The man needs our prayers, regardless if there’s truth in it.

17 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:16:43 PM by JamesP81 (The DNC poses a greater threat to my liberty than terrorists, China, and Russia. Combined.)

Freep nicknames are so loving stupid.

quote:

ScaryMoochie seems to have a vocabulary more fitting for a rap artist than a communications director. I much prefer Huckaby-Sanders. Maybe ScaryMoochie could be outreach director to gang members.

26 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:20:10 PM by SharpRightTurn (Chuck Schumer--giving pond scum everywhere a bad name.)

A bold prediction.

quote:

He was drunk and won’t last another week.

42 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:27:39 PM by Mariner (War Criminal #18)

The best part about never reading articles is the conclusions you're free to jump to.

quote:

To: pt17

This has to be a set up...how could he call and say these things to a reporter that works for a paper that hates Trump? But any reporter would be crazy for making stuff up like this.
If it is true and it is not a set up, he needs to chill. Trump cannot fire this guy after a week on the job. And honestly this guy just might spook Trump. You see how he treats his enemies? Can you imagine him out doing interviews after being fired by Trump?? He would fire both barrels, all the time. The president could not want that.
They need to stay on their agenda message and forget all of this public airing of their internal dirty laundry and personal issues with each other. Trump needs to set the whole group down and figure this out.

46 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:28:26 PM by roostercogburn

quote:

To: aquila48

This is SO nuts that there has to be a plan behind this. Trump’s attacks on Sessions have me worried, but this stiff has me intrigued.

49 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:28:42 PM by utahagen (but but)

quote:

To: hoosiermama

He called a friggin New Yorker reporter and unleashed all this.

This is not a leak.

This are all direct, on-the record quotes.

Trump has to fire him. You can’t have this big of a loose cannon in a job that important.

51 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:29:02 PM by WVMnteer

quote:

I agree and I’m even more concerned that even Sarah Sanders said that he likes ‘competition’ amongst his staff. Trump has been known in his business life to pit people against each other. That’s his style - which is not helping him as President.

As a Trump supporter, I’m disgusted with the way he’s handled Sessions. Publicly humiliating ANYONE is not only undignified but VERY un-presidential. Trump needs to grow up. His enormous ego along with the constant and UNFAIR accusations about Russia that have enveloped his family has taken it’s toll so that he is lashing out without considering he’s making more enemies than allies (and he needs those allies).

Sicking Scaramucci on Priebus and now Bannon as leakers without solid proof is going down a bad road, I fear. Trump needs to LISTEN to someone like Gingrich, whose been in the swamp and can help steer him in the right direction. Trouble is, Trump thinks he knows everything.

54 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:31:47 PM by demkicker (My passion for freedom is stronger than that of Democrats whose obsession is to enslave me.)

I wonder if their willingness to turn on him so quickly has to do with him being a liberal.

quote:

To: WVMnteer

He tells the reporter he has to get off the phone to post some crazy tweets. DOES JUST THAT..and people here still think interview never happened...even though he called in during the reporters interview this morning.

On top of that..this guy went nuts over something that didn’t even happen...and possibly violated the McGahn DOJ communications rules.

Too much of a loose cannon. Being willing to take on the media is one thing..doing something so stupid like this last night is something else.

59 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:33:22 PM by RummyChick (can we switch Don,Jr for Prince Kush and his flak jacket. From Yacht Party to Warzone ready to wear.)

Linebreaks added. It's worth the read.

quote:

Well you know the press is going to portray everything in the worst possible light, and they don’t mind making things up to make things worse. The thing is, these corrupt people (the press) are not really civilized, moral, or educated — utterly without consciences. Under the surface, they are just as crude and stupid as they can be, they just present a sophisticated polished authoritative veneer to us, the deplorably great unwashed. It is time to let people see things as they really are, to bring to the surface; these people (the press) are the crude, lewd, disloyal, lying, unoriginal, untalented, hacks who have good reading voices and look good on camera.

We have to stop caring about the niceties and look to the heart of things. We have to stop allowing our people being destroyed for the silliest things. The first time, I remember this happening was Earl Butz being destroyed by the press and forced to resign for a teasing remark to a friend, calling him a “fat Jap” when I was in my 20s and started paying attention to that noting burger Watergate, that destroyed a good and honest president.

My grandmother told me that the leftist press had been doing this as long as she had been paying attention to politics, since she was in her 20s, this was nothing new, it was just getting worse and worse every decade. But now our side needs to do whatever it takes to stop this. On technique that could work is to be shockingly crude, and then refuse to resign when the press has hysterics. If they do it enough, people will become immune to it, and our good people will no longer be destroyed for being human.

65 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:35:54 PM by erkelly

quote:

Judging from the panicky, hand wringing reactions in here, the Left Stream media got what they desired....

81 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:56:09 PM by JBW1949 (I'm really PC....PATRIOTICALLY CORRECT!!!!)

By now the rest of the thread has realized that this is real, and they've posted Mooch's tweet not-apologizing about it.

quote:

If Scaramucci really said this about Bannon, I want to hear the audio before I believe it.

AND, if he really did, whoever leaked it is toast. LOL

103 posted on 7/27/2017, 5:14:06 PM by enumerated

quote:

To: miss marmelstein

I'm totally with you on this. I guess many Freepers have never been in the world of business. We elected Trump because he was a seasoned and hardened businessman at the highest levels. We didn't send him to the Washington swamp to "go along to get along" with the rest of the feeders at the public trough. We also didn't send him there to come home with a set of steak knives.

Business is not always pretty but it's always about getting results. And whether or not the delicate flowers and snowflakes like the tactics, Trump is getting results. God willing, the swamp will get drained in the end but first we have to crack some eggs. A lot of eggs.

Strap in!

108 posted on 7/27/2017, 5:41:31 PM by SamAdams76

Around here is where the thread starts degrading into, well,

quote:

To: RummyChick

You have no idea what a stalker is. As long as you continue to egregiously misuse that term, it will irreparably undermine your credibility.

164 posted on 7/27/2017, 6:44:58 PM by Fantasywriter (Any attempt to do forensic wotk using Inernet artifacts is fraught with pitfalls. JoeProbono)

quote:

To: pollywog

Get Bent; if getting down into the mud, the blood, and the beer (Ie, the real world) offends you so much, then you have never been in a real brawl.
When you fight, you fight to win; and guess what, THE WINNER GETS TO MAKE THE RULES AND WRITE THE HISTORY.
DEAL WITH IT!!

173 posted on 7/27/2017, 7:01:34 PM by 5th MEB (Progressives in the open; --- FIRE FOR EFFECT!!)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lol that chess zinger from aquila48

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
This Is Not the Mooch I Know

I've been on Freep too long so now whenever I hear somebody referred to as "Mooch" I immediately think of Michelle Obama. :smith:

OP posted:

Anthony has the skills to make a big difference in this White House. He is smart, generous and funny, open-minded and ambitious — but not in an obnoxious way. He cares about being able to disagree without being disagreeable. I have always been impressed by the way he could proclaim his support for Mitt Romney, Scott Walker, Jeb Bush or David Koch while at the same time admiring Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.
:suspense:

quote:

To: BlackAdderess

“admiring Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.”

A real lack of judgment there.

2 posted on 07/27/2017 5:59:22 PM PDT by SharpRightTurn (Chuck Schumer--giving pond scum everywhere a bad name.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: SharpRightTurn

Perhaps he was admiring a picture of them behind bars. Otherwise, admiration is not a word I associate with either of them.

I’m wondering if this guy had had a few too many. Lots of pressure, stress building, etc. Add a few drinks to that and lots will pour out of the mouth.

4 posted on 07/27/2017 6:01:43 PM PDT by JudyinCanada

quote:

Scaramucchi is the swamp he was hired to drain.

3 posted on 07/27/2017 6:00:51 PM PDT by P-Marlowe (Freep mail me if you want to be on my Fingerstyle Acoustic Guitar Ping list.)

Maybe he had his fingers crossed behind his back the whole time!

quote:

To: SharpRightTurn

I hope Scaramucci was only pretending. I mean, WE sane people know that Soetoro and Hillary Rodham Rapist are murderous monsters in a class with Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Carter.

5 posted on 07/27/2017 6:02:18 PM PDT by Arthur McGowan (https://youtu.be/IYUYya6bPGw)

quote:

To: RushIsMyTeddyBear

Anyone that attacks Bannon is not the real deal.

9 posted on 07/27/2017 6:07:06 PM PDT by proust (Trump / Pence 2016!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

To: RushIsMyTeddyBear

I’m praying he gets fired before his security clearance comes through.

10 posted on 07/27/2017 6:07:59 PM PDT by BlackAdderess (People are going to have to resist splitting into splinter groups if they want to get things done)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

So in other words he's perfect for Trump.

quote:

He talks out of both sides of his mouth and had no loyalty to anyone but himself.

11 posted on 07/27/2017 6:09:10 PM PDT by DAVEY CROCKETT (Thank you Free Republic. Thank you President Donald J TrNEXT)

Fake News!

quote:

Has it been verified he actually said this stuff? To writer from the New Yorker? Really?

12 posted on 07/27/2017 6:09:20 PM PDT by gibsonguy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

Much of what William D. Cohan has written in the past has imho been filled with misstatements and false “facts”
that do not stand up to scrutiny. (MOO)

Ergo, that, plus the fact this is written for the NYT, makes me disregard the entire article.

13 posted on 07/27/2017 6:10:19 PM PDT by CondorFlight (I)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

quote:

To: dforest; BlackAdderess

This is the NYT. I ignore the propaganda at the NYT.

Thank you.

Why the he## (is that too salty??) folks are posting these lefty drivel articles here, today, is beyond absurd.

Enough, already.

Put your big girl/boy pants on and support POTUS or get off the Trump Train.

15 posted on 07/27/2017 6:13:08 PM PDT by Jane Long (Praise God, from whom ALL blessings flow.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

To: P-Marlowe

Sometimes, as the saying goes, you have to hire the crook to catch crooks. If one checks out the lawmen of the old West, one will find that many had lived on the outlaw side of the law.

Pat Garrett, the guy who killed Billy the Kid, for one.

20 posted on 07/27/2017 6:18:40 PM PDT by Parmy
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: P-Marlowe

He’s not from government. Just like Trump. And you think he’s the swamp because he ripped a real swamp rat in Priebus? Lol

26 posted on 07/27/2017 6:31:15 PM PDT by Runner4life

Hey, now, let's not start saying we can't take back...

quote:

People on this thread and FR are accusing Scaramucci of pretty much the same stuff the MSM and Hillary accused Trump of. Seems to be an outbreak of Political Correctness...

28 posted on 07/27/2017 6:38:46 PM PDT by bigbob (People say believe half of what you see son and none of what you hear - M. Gaye)

quote:

Watching poor Sandra Huckabee Sanders on Fox News trying to minimize what he said was embarrassing.

Mooch really screwed the pooch today. Trump doesn’t need the distraction. Maybe talking the way Mooch did works on Wall Street, but it definitely doesn’t work for the White House.

29 posted on 07/27/2017 6:40:26 PM PDT by Maceman (Let's ban Muslims temporarily -- just until non-Muslims can freely practice their religions in Mecca)

quote:

To: proust

Anyone that attacks Bannon is not the real deal.

Someone attacking both Bannon and Priebus in this manner seems very odd. This looks like a train wreck undoing the November miracle.

32 posted on 07/27/2017 6:46:05 PM PDT by af_vet_1981 (The bus came by and I got on, That's when it all began.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

107th Dimensional Chess!

quote:

My take on the Mooch and Sessions is that they are a smoke screen for something big coming down the pike.

This has been the pattern in the past and the smoke and fire smell familiar.

They are working the plan.

38 posted on 07/27/2017 6:57:22 PM PDT by buffaloguy

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

John McCain is an piece of Crap

Something good happened for once.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I want to snort this poo poo pure tonight. Bring me everything!

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

From Skinny Repeal Failed posted by freeper Pinkbell

the OP posted:

Sorry if there is a thread; I didn't see it.

McCain, Collins, and Murkowski voted No.

Republicans spent 7 years promising this, and they couldn't get it done.

The Republicans don't like Trump all that much, but he is willing to fulfill their promise that they made. Meanwhile, McCain, the GOP hero, helped kill their promise.

quote:

To: Pinkbell

McCain literally has a defect in his brain. Why is he allowed to vote anymore?

3 posted on 7/27/2017, 10:41:42 PM by DesertRhino (Dog is man's best friend, and moslems hate dogs. Add that up.)

What?

quote:

To: Pinkbell; BillyBoy; sickoflibs; fieldmarshaldj; AuH2ORepublican; NFHale; KC_Lion

Stolen NH race looms huge.

4 posted on 7/27/2017, 10:43:15 PM by Impy (End the kritarchy!)

quote:

McCain is not, never was and never will be a hero to me. He probably is terminal, so I’m reluctant to go full bore in speaking ill of him, but I have despised that man since at least the early 1990’s when he revealed himself to be a horrible warmonger during the Bosnia conflict. I have no doubt he voted this way deliberately to harm President Trump. Beyond that, it’s best I say no more.

6 posted on 7/27/2017, 10:44:36 PM by Avalon Memories (The question about fighting back is not what average people can to do, but how to do we do it?)

Etc, etc, etc.

quote:

Filthy evil McCain came back just to save Obamacare, which he claims to oppose. What a rotten creature.

10 posted on 7/27/2017, 10:46:26 PM by Williams (Stop tolerating the intolerant.)

whew

quote:

Smug human being Shuemer blabbing now.

11 posted on 7/27/2017, 10:47:44 PM by Impy (End the kritarchy!)

It sets in.

quote:

To: Williams

This vote failed 49-51
If he stayed in Arizona the vote would have failed 49-50.

If any one of the no votes would have votes yes, then it would have been a tie, 50-50 and the VP would have broken the tie.

What a bunch of ineffective "leaders" of this great nation. Now they get to go home?

15 posted on 7/27/2017, 10:52:01 PM by relee (Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away)

quote:

To: Avalon Memories

” I have no doubt he voted this way deliberately to harm President Trump.”

Yep. The guy can’t get over the fact that he lost and DJT won.

17 posted on 7/27/2017, 10:54:17 PM by MyDogAteMyBallot

quote:

He probably is terminal, so I’m reluctant to go full bore in speaking ill of him, but I have despised that man since at least the early 1990’s when he revealed himself to be a horrible warmonger during the Bosnia conflict.

I was conciliatory in my comments after McCain's diagnosis was announced. Recovery, retirement, all those platitudes.

However, if God decides to take that crazy old RINO tomorrow, who am I to complain?

It does annoy me greatly that McCain will almost certainly end up in Arlington Cemetery.

21 posted on 7/27/2017, 10:57:17 PM by Charles Martel (Progressives are the crab grass in the lawn of life.)

quote:

To: LeoWindhorse

I just left my miserable senator from Az a voicemail in which I told him he Does NOT represent us here in Az and his usefulness is over and As a Christian I believe God is through with him...He ends his life as a failure to the people he was elected to serve. And I really tempered what I WANTED to say ....He knows what he did and he will spend his eternity regretting it....

22 posted on 7/27/2017, 10:58:47 PM by princess leah

freepers actually believe this.

quote:

To: nutmeg

These scumbags would not even vote for a single tiny conservative adjustment to Obamacare. What more do you need to know? The 3 prance around like royalty but they really are traitorous low lifes.

25 posted on 7/27/2017, 11:02:18 PM by Williams (Stop tolerating the intolerant.)

quote:

Agreed. I’m so tired of hearing that he is an “American hero”. He is all about his power. I absolutely despise the man. What a despicable human being. He has lined his pockets while ignoring what the voters wanted.

28 posted on 7/27/2017, 11:04:03 PM by Shortstop7

freeper frnewsjunkie wants all that deregulated medicine that will surely not accidentally harm him in any way

quote:

The first insurance I had was in 1958. We bought insurance ourselves (no job benefits back then) and it was called hospitalization... it was to pay hospital bills if and when we were hospitalized. It was not expensive. Then we paid for any dr visit and prescription out of pocket. Dr visit was anywhere between $5 and $25. Prescriptions were around $5 to $10 or the dr would give out the meds for a small fee.

I remember when it became a job benefit and we thought how lucky to have it with the job. But that was the beginning of the downfall of affordable insurance, Government got involved and prices rose ... free access to inexpensive insurance became a thing of the past.

Hospital charges were out of reach..plus medicine was too expensive and regulated.. drs charges went up up... It didn’t happen overnight.. it took a few years of continually increasing prices and less and less freedoms/choices.. and today our healthcare has been devastated by regulations, high prices, and no choices.

32 posted on 7/27/2017, 11:06:34 PM by frnewsjunkie

quote:

To: crager

They’re used to waiting out the dumb American people. Unfortunately they’re right, not a handful can remember in 4 or 5 years what these assholes did. And McCain should have taken the last elevator down by then so what does he care?

39 posted on 7/27/2017, 11:13:55 PM by Kenny

The "conservative" mindset only cares about other "conservatives."

quote:

McCain and Murkowski are traitors.
Don’t give a s#+t about Americans.

40 posted on 7/27/2017, 11:14:02 PM by weston (SO HERE'S THE STORY: As far as I'm concerned, it's Christ or nothing!)

The subsidies are what make the system work, you dumbfuck. The states that didn't accept the additional federal funds are the ones that are getting hit by problems, you complete and utter idiot. You are an uninformed voter and you should lie down in the street and die.

quote:

To: mbrfl

Obama gave a bunch of subsidies to keep Obamacare afloat. Get rid of them. Also, Plan B, the only thing Trump has left, is to refuse to sign a budget until Obamacare is repealed. Shut it all down. Republicans would have to find about 15 more traitors to override a veto. Don’t think they would.

43 posted on 7/27/2017, 11:18:46 PM by Defiant (The media is the colostomy bag where truth goes after democrats digest it.)

Hi Kit Cat! I'm pretty sure the president can't do that.

quote:

To: Defiant

There is one more thing Trump can do issue an executive order that ALL congress, aides and staff MUST be on OCARE they made the law and MUST abide by it!!!! NO SPECIAL healthcare for them PERIOD!!!!!

48 posted on 7/27/2017, 11:24:45 PM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)

quote:

quote:

To: LeoWindhorse

I think all of these votes are a sham/set-up to say to the people that they tried.

It’s all a farce.

51 posted on 7/27/2017, 11:35:09 PM by hsmomx3

Seems that way since most of the “No” votes are “safe” seats :(

Kabuki Fan Dance :(

Lied for 7 years :(

56 posted on 7/27/2017, 11:37:43 PM by Freedom56v2 (Inside Every Liberal is a Totalitarian Screaming to Get Out - D. Horowitz)

e: More Kit Cat from a thread a few days ago

quote:

We at least NOW have them ON RECORD voting NO REPEAL, so primary these BASTARDS they have been lying to us for 8 years AND voting to repeal KNOWING it would be vetoed!!!!!! SCUM all of them!!!! How many of these TRAITORS are up in 2018, McShame is on his way out by the hand of God!!!! Rubio however was just re elected!!!!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

“That’s what I think, but many here at FR seem to think talking like this to a bitter, committed, hateful enemy publication is just peachy. So what do I know?”

Obviously you don’t recognize 5-dimensional chess when you see it, like so many grand masters here at FR.

73 posted on 7/27/2017, 5:58:06 PM by aquila48

What the hell kind of chess is "be an rear end in a top hat to people"? Now everyone thinks you're an rear end in a top hat and will work with you even less

McGlockenshire posted:

McCain literally has a defect in his brain. Why is he allowed to vote anymore?

3 posted on 7/27/2017, 10:41:42 PM by DesertRhino (Dog is man's best friend, and moslems hate dogs. Add that up.)

Lol, Trump commended him for returning. Wrap your head around that, fuckers

quote:

We at least NOW have them ON RECORD voting NO REPEAL, so primary these BASTARDS they have been lying to us for 8 years

Just 8 years, hahaha, try all your life, psycho

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jul 28, 2017

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Holy poo poo that New Yorker Interview :eyepop:

I was sad that Spicey left but now I'm over it.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Fathis Munk posted:

Holy poo poo that New Yorker Interview :eyepop:

I was sad that Spicey left but now I'm over it.

It's truly a thing of beauty. In a saner world I would dismiss it as made up as a parody, but I guess this is the world we live in now.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Many places can operate very well with internal conflict at the top. With aides, associates and top officials snarking at each other. It creates a balance of power as they all seek to outdo each other and please the boss more than the other guy. This type of disharmony avoids a cadre of yes men.

And then some places fall apart like this. It shows that the leadership is in disarray and there is no single consensus of all the team players moving in one direction for the common goal.

Trump has surely embraced the chaotic style. And it works for him. This is how he ran his billion dollar businesses with his close associates all in competition with or against each other.

45 posted on 7/27/2017, 3:46:58 PM by Responsibility2nd

So much to unpack here. First of all, that opening paragraph. Environments where everyone is trying to please the boss at the expense of their peers is exactly how you get yes-men. It's literally the blueprint for that exact culture.

Then the rest of the message. 'some places fall apart like this'. You mean like this shitshow of an administration? How can you acknowledge that when this environment fails it's because of weak leadership (correct) and then somehow look at the reality on the ground and not see that it lines up exactly with your definition of a failure state?

Also also.

quote:

Hi Kit Cat! I'm pretty sure the president can't do that.

quote:

quote:
To: Defiant

There is one more thing Trump can do issue an executive order that ALL congress, aides and staff MUST be on OCARE they made the law and MUST abide by it!!!! NO SPECIAL healthcare for them PERIOD!!!!!

48 posted on 7/27/2017, 11:24:45 PM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)

The reason that the President can't do that is because Congress and Congressional staffers already are on Obamacare. It was a thing the GOP insisted on via an amendment to the ACA. They assumed the Democrats would refuse to eat their own dogfood but, as it turned out, everyone was entirely fine with that. How can you claim to be politically informed and not know basic poo poo that your own side did and bragged about?

Helen Highwater fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jul 28, 2017

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Because after Democrats agreed to that, the GOP just lied about it and claimed they didn't anyway. The press was useless and just reported what Republicans said, not that freepers would have believed them anyway, and what else is freep going to do? Listen to Democrats? Read the bill? Lol no. Thus it remained a myth on freep ever since that congress is EXEMPT from Obamacare.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

McGlockenshire posted:

Linebreaks added. It's worth the read.

Holy poo poo. Calling Watergate a "nothing burger," and that it was a takedown of a good president. I think FReepers are a lot dumber than I thought.

VitalSigns posted:

Because after Democrats agreed to that, the GOP just lied about it and claimed they didn't anyway. The press was useless and just reported what Republicans said, not that freepers would have believed them anyway, and what else is freep going to do? Listen to Democrats? Read the bill? Lol no. Thus it remained a myth on freep ever since that congress is EXEMPT from Obamacare.

Even better, the BRCA proposed exempting Congress members. Literally the thing they accused the Democratic Congress of.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Boywhiz88 posted:

Holy poo poo. Calling Watergate a "nothing burger," and that it was a takedown of a good president. I think FReepers are a lot dumber than I thought.

To be fair, it's not because this is what they believe. It's more because said president had an R after his name. If a politician, no matter how sleazy and corrupt fucks up, so long as there is an R after his name and they toe the party line, freepers will defend them tooth and nail. However if that same politician has a D after their name, then it's the crime of the millennia and a black spot on politics forever.
Hell, Trump is a perfect example of this. Back before he was hating Obama and poo poo freep hated his guts. As soon as he took up that R slant they embraced and now worship him. That's what makes freep pretty easy to predict. If a republican did it they'll be for it. If a Dem did it, they'll hate it.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I love the one Freeper yelling about the 'stolen' NH race. Kelly Ayotte was a garbage Senator and nobody in the state liked her. Anyone who claims the race was stolen never spent any time here or ever spoke with literally anyone from the state.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

SocketWrench posted:

What the hell kind of chess is "be an rear end in a top hat to people"?

"Hah, you've fallen into my clever trap; little did you realize I'm five moves ahead!!" I proclaim as everyone points and laughs at me for noisily making GBS threads myself in public.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Today's freep is 30% "we hate John McCain!", 30% "this is finally the end for Hillary!", and 30% "*gasp* you mean that British baby that was born with an inevitably fatal genetic disorder died!? NOW LET ME PROCEED TO HOWL ABOUT ABORTION FOR TWENTY PAGES!!!!!!!!". The other 10% is stupid poo poo and boring religious crapola.

Let's start with the most stupid. From /pol/ Finds Imran Awan's YouTube Channel, Pedophile Subscriptions posted by freeper TigerClaws

How stupid could it be, you ask? This stupid.

quote:

n today's edition of /pol/ was right again, anons have located a YouTube channel belonging to the notorious criminal who's tied to the DNC and specifically Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Imran Awan.

What's incredibly creepy about his channel is he does silent walkthroughs of abandoned or empty houses. While it could be true these are properties he owns for rentals or sale, there's some creepy moments in them where he's crawling through attics and cellars. Take a look.

If you notice the pattern here most of these videos shows an address and an unknown person walking through each house inspecting each and every inch of it. Creepy is an understatement.

Why does this man have so many houses? Why does he play classical music and patrol and inspect them? Could these homes have been used for “Pizza Parties”?

In the real world, Awan and his cohorts are accused of various financial and IT-related crimes, leveraging their positions as aides to various Democratic members of the House. The other day, he was arrested trying to leave the country. But no crime involving Democrats can possibly be just a crime. The internet has "investigated" and invented a whole bunch of hilariously tenuous connections between Awan & co. and, of course, the murder of Seth Rich, Pizzagate, etc, etc.

Man, I've missed this stuff.

quote:

To: TigerClaws

IMHO Muslims are the most sexually maladjusted people on the planet.

2 posted on 7/28/2017, 10:36:24 AM by Buckeye McFrog

quote:

To: Buckeye McFrog

I couldn’t agree more! As a former counterterrorism officer, I can attest to the fact that Awan’s proclivities are only scratching the surface. We took an in-depth look at the online activities of the 9/11 hijackers and it would make anyone but a Muslim male puke. They spent a lot of money on some pretty disgusting $hit...

11 posted on 7/28/2017, 10:52:42 AM by ManHunter (You can run, but you'll only die tired... Army snipers: Reach out and touch someone)

Here's the content of the freep homepage for "former counterterrorism officer" ManHunter:

quote:

I'm over 50 years old. I grew up in the Air Force, spent 20 years in the Army. Lived all over the world (actually, survived, in many cases) and I now live in Pennsylvania, where, in many areas, decades of liberal "progress" have beaten down a patriotic, industrious people and totally destroyed the economy.

I am a borderline talk junkie, especially Jim Quinn, for over 20 years. To quote Jim, "The amount of poverty in any given area is directly proportional to the number of liberal Democrats in elected positions there."

I have been a registered, but not partisan, Republican for over 40 years, but a conservative all my life. (I saw how my Dad was treated when he returned from Vietnam - twice.) I think Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, Stonewall Jackson, et al, had it right: The Civil War was NOT about slavery. I know that the Constitution means exactly what it says, particularly the part about "shall not be infringed" (I am a Benefactor Life Member of the NRA).

Finally, to further quote the great philosopher Jim Quinn, "Freedom is the solution to the human condition," "Government is what you do instead of common sense," and the best: "Liberalism ALWAYS generates the exact opposite of its stated intent."

Tagline.

quote:

To: TigerClaws

MAYBE they are PAYING DWS and the Other Democrats thru their FRaud in exchange for all the TOP SECRET stuff they have acquired thru the Democrats!

19 posted on 7/28/2017, 11:05:15 AM by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)

quote:

To: Buckeye McFrog; All

IMHO Muslims are the most sexually maladjusted people on the planet.

Even more than the Japanese??? That's saying something! Maybe that's why they won't let any Muzzies in their country.

20 posted on 7/28/2017, 11:06:39 AM by notdownwidems (Washington D.C. has become the enemy of free people everywhere!)

Some freepers are in this poo poo pretty deep.

quote:

To: Maverick68

This is about to get very, very interesting....And enjoyable if you hate Democrats. Things will eventually reach a level where the Media will be unable to ignore it all.

I think you underestimate their ability and motive for ignoring it. I was reading on Ace of Spades (hxxp://ace.mu.nu/) last night about the media's involvement, or more accurately described as "collusion", with GPSFusion,

Money was changing hands. Influence was changing hands. This things is corrupt to a degree worse than even I ever realized, and I have been yammering about how the existing media was a threat to our nation for years.

Companies and Governments were buying stories and paying to spike stories. The whole thing has been "fake news" hand fed to reporters since at least the Clintons.

The media will kill these stories, or some of them might possibly end up in prison.

25 posted on 7/28/2017, 11:14:42 AM by DiogenesLamp ("of parents owing allegiance to no other sovereignty.")

quote:

To: DiogenesLamp

Thanks for that link. It really is amazing that people who pose a threat to certain Democrats drop like flies and no one utters a peep. The strange deaths associated with the Clintons go back decades. Lately there have been a rash of suspicious deaths and outright murders. Yet crickets. The corruption must be simply indescribable.

44 posted on 7/28/2017, 12:59:31 PM by Fantasywriter (Any attempt to do forensic work using Inernet artifacts is fraught with pitfalls. JoeProbono)

quote:

To: Ann Archy

There is something to pizzagate. It’s the way to diffuse accusations of serious wrongdoing: fraud, money laundering, possible espionage with outlandish accusations of wierdness that are evenutally disproved. Then the media says “look, it’s just the pizzagate people again, like the freak who shot up comet pizza”.

50 posted on 7/28/2017, 1:18:02 PM by palmer (...if we do not have strong families and strong values, then we will be weak and we will not survive)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Uncle Ulty posted:

I love the one Freeper yelling about the 'stolen' NH race. Kelly Ayotte was a garbage Senator and nobody in the state liked her. Anyone who claims the race was stolen never spent any time here or ever spoke with literally anyone from the state.

At least 48% of New Hampshire did.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Priebus has just become another failed Washington courtier. Hot takes from Freep inbound.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Cythereal posted:

Priebus has just become another failed Washington courtier. Hot takes from Freep inbound.

From Breaking: General John F Kelly has been announced as the new WH Chief of Staff posted by freeper RoosterRedux

quote:

To: RoosterRedux

Rince "sleeps with the fishes". Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Mooch comes through. Needless to say, the White House leakers are soiling their underwear.

17 posted on 7/28/2017, 1:57:35 PM by Jmouse007 (Lord God Almighty, deliver us from this evil in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, amen.)

"loyalty"

quote:

I have never trusted Priebus. When it was announced he was to be the COS I couldn’t believe it. Kelly is a good choice for loyalty. His ability to do that particular job will be a heck of a challenge, but he’ll do it.

29 posted on 7/28/2017, 1:58:48 PM by rockinqsranch (Dems, Libs, Socialists Call 'em what you will, they all have fairies livin' in their trees.)

quote:

To: pgkdan

Trump tried to make amends with GOP establishment with Priebus and his reward, leaks and they approved Obamacares continuation. Trump is an independent president and the GOP and democrats are going to fight him tooth and nail for status quo.

Remember Mr. President the GOP in Washington is without honor and never to be trusted. Go Trump!

30 posted on 7/28/2017, 1:58:56 PM by sarge83

quote:

To: balk

If anyone has ever seen how a military general staff runs, this oughtta be awesome! Between that and what Trump can do, we are WINNING!!

Those politicians and bureaucrats are going to be crying in their beer. LoL!!! Get to work!!!

39 posted on 7/28/2017, 2:04:28 PM by Dr. Pritchett

"loyal"

quote:

To: sarge83

Well said.
I think Reince tried to be loyal and an honest intermediary but the RINOs would have none of it.
So now they can deal with Trump’s own man.

53 posted on 7/28/2017, 2:08:47 PM by mrsmith (Dumb sluts: Lifeblood of the Media, Backbone of the Democrat/RINO Party!)

(Psst, it was leaked, just to a source that nobody believed.)

quote:

To: Chainmail

This appointment is also proof that it IS POSSIBLE NOT TO LEAK!

I hadn’t heard or seen this possibility until now.

54 posted on 7/28/2017, 2:09:06 PM by Fishtalk

quote:

To: SkyPilot

Trannies soon to be gone.

Women in combat - Mattis, Dunsford, Kelly no fan of it.

I like all this winning!!!

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/12/pentagon-progress-may-be-chopping-block/

79 posted on 7/28/2017, 2:18:33 PM by NKP_Vet ("Man without God descends into madness")

oh gently caress no

quote:

Jeff Sessions should now take his place as head of DHS.
Trump can appoint an unrecusable AG. Pleeeeeease....

91 posted on 7/28/2017, 2:27:34 PM by rfp1234 (DinosorosExtinction)

quote:

To: Fishtalk

Reince was alright for normal times.

These are not normal times.

This is a time of war.

Trump and the WH (and therefore we supporters) are at war with the media, the libs, islam, the GOPe, the Deep State, the RINO's...

92 posted on 7/28/2017, 2:28:26 PM by RoosterRedux

quote:

I really don’t like this churn in the WH.

It makes President Trump look weak and foolish. The left is seizing on this of examples of Trump being a “mistake.”

This is either terrible vetting by Trump or an incredible amount of deception by his appointees.

He needs to get this settled and quick.

I don’t understand why he never had a “come to Jesus” meeting(s) and laid out what he expects from all his staff in terms of comportment and keeping him in the loop.

If Trump worked for me in an organization as, say, a VP, I would fire him for this kind of turmoil in his direct reports.

Maybe he is playing 4th dimensional pan-chess but I don’t see it.

110 posted on 7/28/2017, 2:45:15 PM by freedumb2003 (The Civil Rights movement compared content of their character to skin color and chose the latter)

Finally, out of order for a reason,

quote:

Excellent choice.

Trump tried very hard to work with the GOPe.

The GOPe worked to sabotage Trump.

The GOPe has constantly and continually leaked to the media in an attempt to undermine the Trump presidency.

The GOPe has deliberately sabotaged every Trump legislative proposal and every attempt to reverse Obama policy.

The GOPe has refused to investigate any of the corruption and treason in Washington and has repeatedly demand investigation of Trump/Russia collusion.

Trump is learning who the backstabbers are and is beginning to take action.

94 posted on 7/28/2017, 2:30:00 PM by detective
Freep's probably not wrong here.
https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/891046384870281216
https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/891049674580402177

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

McGlockenshire posted:

oh gently caress no

Sessions isn't leaving the AG; it's literally all he could ever want.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Boywhiz88 posted:

Even better, the BRCA proposed exempting Congress members. Literally the thing they accused the Democratic Congress of.

No that's not true either. The AHCA exempted Congress for arcane procedural reasons (congressional benefits are handled by a different committee that didn't fall under reconciliation instructions so changes to their benefits couldn't be passed as part of the reconciliation process). The House followed it immediately with a bill that included congress in the AHCA changes, which passed unanimously.

Democratic pundits pretended the second part didn't happen to stoke freep-like outrage among the left.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

n today's edition of /pol/ was right again, anons have located a YouTube channel belonging to the notorious criminal who's tied to the DNC and specifically Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Imran Awan.

What's incredibly creepy about his channel is he does silent walkthroughs of abandoned or empty houses. While it could be true these are properties he owns for rentals or sale, there's some creepy moments in them where he's crawling through attics and cellars. Take a look.

If you notice the pattern here most of these videos shows an address and an unknown person walking through each house inspecting each and every inch of it. Creepy is an understatement.

Why does this man have so many houses? Why does he play classical music and patrol and inspect them? Could these homes have been used for “Pizza Parties”?

Why it's almost like some people like exploring abandoned places.

Nah, these must be secret Dem hideouts/evil labs
Jesus loving christ, seriously, we need to do something about this retard epidemic before Idiocracy becomes a documentary

McGlockenshire posted:

I have been a registered, but not partisan, Republican for over 40 years

"But 70% of my information is me making random slams about democrats and blindly pull R every time while refusing everything anyone says as truth except for Fox News and Breibart while cheering on civil war II. But I am non partisan."

Dude, you're more partisan than a Stalin staffer in the Kremlin signing death warrants to all that oppose him.

God, just look at them turn on him in a heartbeat. I think I just got whiplash and the sudden turn threw my monitor off the desk. Holy gently caress. Sieg Heil Furher Trump

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jul 29, 2017

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
The Russians Were Involved. But It Wasn’t About Collusion.

OP posted:

The evidence that has emerged from this meeting strongly suggests that this was not an effort to establish a secure back channel for collusion between Moscow and the Trump campaign but an influence operation with one simple objective: to undermine the presidential election.

Sophisticated Russian intelligence tradecraft that was meant to be kept secret would not have permitted such an insecure opening gambit for establishing continuing communication with the Trump campaign. They would not have used something as insecure as email, or relied on liaison cutouts who could so easily be traced to the Kremlin. Instead, the Russians who attended the meeting had obvious Kremlin ties, including Natalia Veselnitskaya, a Moscow lawyer who has done work on behalf of the F.S.B.; Rinat Akhmetshin, a Russian-American lobbyist who served in the Soviet military; and Mr. Agalarov, whose father is a real estate titan close to Mr. Putin.

I can’t say how news of the meeting broke, but once it did, Mr. Putin achieved one of his goals: throwing the American government into greater turmoil amid the frenzied media coverage, escalating F.B.I. and congressional investigations and intensified political conflict. And with the revelation that Russia was behind the meddling, Mr. Putin achieved another objective: to allow Russia, despite its economic and military inferiority, to claim that it could rival the United States on the global playing field. He could do all this while denying, with a wink and a nod, any involvement.
They weren't colluding, they were just trying to undermine the Presidential Election! :mensch:

quote:

To: springwater13

So then we can stop the special council? Apparently there is no need for it.

3 posted on 07/28/2017 7:55:09 PM PDT by Parley Baer

quote:

After nine months of searching, Trump’s enemies haven’t uncovered a single shred of evidence the Russians changed votes from Hillary in his favor.

All of they have are a pile of baseless assertions they laughably call “evidence.” Its a fallacy called “begging the question” since the conclusion is the same as the premise.

Then again, this never was about Russia. This is about the legitimacy of Trump’s win and the Deep State’s inability to accept him as President.

4 posted on 07/28/2017 7:56:15 PM PDT by goldstategop ((In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever))

-collusion: \kə-ˈlü-zhən\ Secret agreement or cooperation especially for an illegal or deceitful purpose.

quote:

My theory all along has been this: the Russians, like almost everyone else, expected Hitlery to win. Their efforts were to weaken Hitlery before the election as much as possible in order to weaken her status in office.

So Trump and the Russians both targeted Hitlery. No collusion just a common enemy.

To the degree the Russians also engaged in ways to denigrate Trump, like that hooker dossier, I would say it was just a bit of distraction.... they hit on Trump a little bit just to cover their bases...but he was NEVER “supposed” to win.

9 posted on 07/28/2017 8:01:22 PM PDT by SoFloFreeper

quote:

“No conclusive proof has yet emerged that the Kremlin arranged this meeting”

I like how they slip in these no proof deals. I wonder if the nyt is trying to get ahead of something coming down the road that is not good for the dimoKKKRATS?

10 posted on 07/28/2017 8:03:59 PM PDT by Parley Baer

quote:

To: goldstategop

You knew the whole story was a fraud when you had the most radical left-wing Democrats insisting that we should take the word of more than a dozen U.S. intelligence agencies on faith alone.

I never thought I'd see the day. In fact, there was a time not long ago that Democrats in this country would have found even the idea of having a dozen U.S. intelligence agencies repulsive.

15 posted on 07/28/2017 8:12:09 PM PDT by Alberta's Child ("I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris." -- President Trump, 6/1/2017)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Did somebody say Emails?

quote:

o: springwater13

They would not have used something as insecure as email

Bwahahahaa-hahaha... that's cuz Pootie Poot wasn't a U.S. Secretary of State or the World's Smartest WomanTM!

17 posted on 07/28/2017 8:22:48 PM PDT by piasa

quote:

To: Fedora

It sounds more like the author has reached the following conclusion without even meaning to:

1. The Russians never meddled in any election.

2. They simply dealt with U.S. political campaigns the same way they've been doing it for years.

3. Hillary Clinton, the Democrats, a bunch of establishment Republicans, and their media flacks fabricated a story out of thin air about "Russian interference in the election."

4. The U.S. government is paralyzed by a story that is completely false, and was a construct of a bunch of @ssholes in Washington.

5. Therefore (somehow), the Russians successfully undermined the public trust in the U.S. election system.

WTF? Is this guy really blaming the Russians for all of the stupidity we've seen in Washington over the last seven months? LMAO.

18 posted on 07/28/2017 8:22:54 PM PDT by Alberta's Child ("I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris." -- President Trump, 6/1/2017)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

The evidence that has emerged from this meeting strongly suggests that this was not an effort to establish a secure back channel for collusion between Moscow and the Trump campaign but an influence operation with one simple objective: to undermine the presidential election...

Mr. Browder's testimony yesterday before the Senate Intelligence (?) committee was fascinating - he laid out how the Russian dictatorship works, how Putin has made hundreds rich by passing out government assets in return for which they'll do anything, but anything, for him to keep their position, how the Russians attempt to corrupt others by involving them in even minor improprieties and then using those incidents to blackmail the participants into bigger and bigger "collusion" - it sounds as though Trump Jr at al who attended the meeting with the Russian lawyer skated right to the edge - had they agreed to any sort of cooperation or involvement with her in her attempts to tamper with the law, they might have been on the hook for further additional pressure - they were too smart to take the bait.....

23 posted on 07/28/2017 8:45:37 PM PDT by Intolerant in NJ

quote:

To: Parley Baer

My mind is working overtime tonight about this story. I wonder if it was indeed Fusion GPS and the dimoKKKRATS that were behind this meeting? So, is this story trying to deflect from that and blame it all on the Russians and let the Trumps off the hook?

25 posted on 07/28/2017 8:57:52 PM PDT by Parley Baer

quote:

This is just more insane Russia, Russia, Russia babble from the left as they ignore the umasking story, the DWS story and all the Clinton Foundation corruption.

29 posted on 07/28/2017 9:07:18 PM PDT by dirtboy

quote:

They claim “the nation has been turned into turmoil”. In reality the NYTWPNBCMSNBCFOXABC all left wing entertainers, and uniparty politicians have ginned up the turmoil to harm the President, his family and his voters.

30 posted on 07/28/2017 9:08:05 PM PDT by SaraJohnson ( Whites must sue for racism. It's pay day.)

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

They claim “the nation has been turned into turmoil”. In reality the NYTWPNBCMSNBCFOXABC all left wing entertainers, and uniparty politicians have ginned up the turmoil to harm the President, his family and his voters.

30 posted on 07/28/2017 9:08:05 PM PDT by SaraJohnson ( Whites must sue for racism. It's pay day.)

Whereas us screeching it for the past eight years was totally legit

Lord Harbor
Apr 17, 2005
Bruce Campbell: You've stolen my heart, but you'll never take my freedom
Nap Ghost

Jagged Jim posted:

The Russians Were Involved. But It Wasn’t About Collusion.

They weren't colluding, they were just trying to undermine the Presidential Election! :mensch:

The Russians didn't actually want collusion, that's why they used blatantly obvious schemes that only a massive idiot would fall for! That means it's okay :downs:

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From The Conservative Case for Universal Healthcare, posted by 2001 regdate freeper Colonel Kangaroo

The article itself is worth reading in full. tl;dr: it's pretty clear by comparing the American system to every nation with socialized healthcare that healthcare is not something suitable for the free market to take care of. Given that this seems to be something in line with objective reality, I'm sure freep is going to hate it.

quote:

To: Colonel Kangaroo

When all else fails, change the definition of “conservative”.

2 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:27:06 AM by Buckeye McFrog

:killing: DEATH PANELS :killing:

quote:

How the hell is single payer “conservative?”

The author of this piece must be kidding himself.

Rationing, death panels, and everyone under the thumb of the fascist government.

Thumb up, you live, thumb down, you die.

Just like a Roman emperor.

Two words for the author of this piece (besides the obvious FU).....those words: Charlie Gard.

3 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:31:56 AM by july4thfreedomfoundation ("You can't fix America without pissing off the people who broke it".....Bill Mitchell)

Back to back references to the UK infant with an inevitably fatal genetic disorder.

quote:

..or a purely socialized system like the United Kingdom–-it costs less.

Well, duh, if you are denied care of course it's not going to cost you anything. Am I right, Charlie Gard? Up high!

4 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:32:17 AM by Texas Eagle (If it wasn't for double-standards, Liberals would have no standards at all -- Texas Eagle)

Once again demonstrating that freep thinks about buttsex more than the average gay dude,

quote:

There is NO conservative case for "universal healthcare."

Yesterday,, listening to Rush talk about football injuries, I wondered whether the government would ban football once it takes over "healthcare" because of the financial burdens it places on everyone else. Certainly cigarettes would be out, and maybe skiing too? Everything except anal sex.

6 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:33:15 AM by ml/nj

*sticks fingers in ears* LA LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU LA LA LA

quote:

I will no longer be reading anything from “The American Conservative”. This is outright Communist Propaganda here...

9 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:34:26 AM by Openurmind

quote:

To: Colonel Kangaroo; All

No. The left, no matter what party they inhabit, want to make it appear so. It’s after the pattern of Marx’s postulate, that mankind was “progressing” from feudalism through bourgeois capitalism into totalitarian socialism (and then his imaginary and undefined “communism”); so like the Shi’ite Twelver Mahometans who believe they must hasten the return of the Mahdi by instigating nuclear war, the left believes they must push headlong into socialism by any means at their disposal, particularly the most mendacious and violent means.

11 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:34:58 AM by Olog-hai ("No Republican, no matter how liberal, is going to woo a Democratic vote." -- Ronald Reagan, 1960)

They say this poo poo like it's a bad thing and it astounds me every time.

quote:

I can state for a fact that if I have no cost for healthcare other than the taxes that I already pay, then my wife and I will go to the doctor a LOT more than we do now. The torn cartilage in my knee? Fix it doc. That major dental work she’s been putting off? Get er done. And on and on.

12 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:35:08 AM by SoCal Pubbie

lol that they think that Trump has ever considered any of these questions, no less than they think he might actually have answers

quote:

A few questions. Throughout the campaign, the President repeated how terrible Obamacare was.
Did he ever actually mention a policy within the ACA that he believed needed to be fixed?
During the campaign he said he wouldn’t touch Medicaid, so he supported the expansion.
We know he supports providing insurance for those with pre-existing conditions.
Does be oppose the subsidies to help people buy insurance?
Does he oppose the minimum coverage requirements?
Does he oppose the individual mandate?
Does he oppose the business mandate?
Does he oppose the medical device tax?
Do you think the skinny repeal complies with his vision of repeal and replace?
Perhaps he could provide Congress with a better idea of what be thinks healthcare reform should look like.

13 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:37:28 AM by oincobx

quote:

Myth Romney paid the Heritage Foundation to write a pro-government health so he could pass it in Mass.

Most republicans are NWO SOCIALISTS. they don’t caveto Democrats they are Democrats.

16 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:38:53 AM by stockpirate (SETH RICH gave the emails to wikikileaks via murdered ex-UK Amb, murdered he was, cover up it is)

The "regulation is toxic to the free market" meme is itself toxic.

quote:

Wow, so much stupidity crammed into one short article. The government’s interference with the free market results in “obnoxious complexity and added paperwork”, so the answer is more government involvement, in fact complete government control. Riiight.

The author also fails to compare the level and quality of medical care available in those enlightened countries that spend a smaller fraction of their GDP on healthcare with that available in the U.S.

17 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:40:16 AM by HartleyMBaldwin

I, for one, am perfectly fine with the government intruding on people's rights to die because they can't afford to live.

quote:

To: SoCal Pubbie

Oh, there will be costs. One of them will be freedom.

These “conservative cases” for left-wing government control of all things are pure lies.

19 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:41:22 AM by Olog-hai ("No Republican, no matter how liberal, is going to woo a Democratic vote." -- Ronald Reagan, 1960)

Also, Freepers: Oh, there will be costs. One of them will be freedom.

They're going to circlejerk themselves to death over an unsaveable child.

quote:

And that’s a good thing, because socializing healthcare is the only demonstrably effective way to control costs and cover everyone. It results in a healthier country and it saves a ton of money.

Don't have to read any further. Just look north to Canada to see how they excessively tax alcohol as one example to "control costs, cover everyone" and "save a ton of money."

Try buying a case of beer in Canada and see how much one pays as compared to here in America.

All those taxes on beer? That's to pay for their healthcare.

All the taxes on income? To pay for their healthcare.

And that list goes on, and on, and on!

Anyone who thinks socialized medicine is effective needs to simply look across the pond at a 11 month old child that was DENIED life-saving treatment early on and was condemned to death in the UK by the NHS.

[image removed]
Charlie Gard, The Face of Socialized Medicine.

21 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:41:51 AM by usconservative (When The Ballot Box No Longer Counts, The Ammunition Box Does. (What's In Your Ammo Box?))

Ten seconds of research seem to indicate that the top Canadian income tax bracket is 21%, but it varies by province.

quote:

To: usconservative

To their credit most Canadians I have met have been honest enough to admit that their health care is not “free”. They pay enormous taxes for it.

26 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:47:09 AM by Buckeye McFrog

:freep::fh: GOVERNMENT KILLS BABIES :freep::fh:

quote:

Yes, the NWO wants Universal healthcare in every country so they can control all people.

We saw how they handled the Charlie Gard case.

He gets death.

Many in the GOP are world government types. I am sure they have been promised a lot of cash to make it happen.

They no longer care about the people as you can see.

29 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:50:53 AM by dforest

I resent the American redefinition of "left wing" and "right wing" that allowed this unhistorical misunderstanding to become a meme.

quote:

Well, Hitler was a right-winger according to lefties?

33 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:53:22 AM by Leep (Less talk more ACTiON!)

quote:

To: july4thfreedomfoundation

Outcomes of “single payer” adoption -

1. All innovation in advancements in treatment of conditions both common and uncommon comes to a screeching halt.

2. “Death panels” which have final authority to choose to suspend or reduce care to palliative treatment only, when the continued life of the patient must show some “economic benefit” measured in “Quality of Life in Remaining Years”, a measurement that may be highly subjective.

3. Delays in the treatment of conditions, leading to deterioration of the condition over time, that change what would have been an easily treated ailment into a life-threatening crisis or even inducing early death.

4. Rules which make it a punishable offense to seek treatment from another unauthorized source, and for which any future participation in any aspect of the single-player scheme is expressly forbidden.

And these are just the more egregious of the bad outcomes of adoption of this system. Longer range, the quality of the medical professionals is sure to decline, as fewer and fewer applicants see much of a future in becoming a medical professional, as the returns on the time invested diminish to the vanishing point, in terms of a sense of dedication, and emotional reward for efforts expended, let alone the economic aspects of a much reduced level of remuneration.

35 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:56:33 AM by alloysteel (The difference between Illinois and Venezuela, is that toilet tissue is still available in Illinois.)

Freepers are garbage people.

quote:

If it takes as long to see a doctor as long as it takes to read this rambling, boring article, we won’t need to see one we’ll be terminal.

39 posted on 7/28/2017, 7:01:00 AM by Terry Mross (Liver spots And blood thinners.)

quote:

There is no conservative case for Socialized Medicine except in a long time Communist country and there are no more of those.

41 posted on 7/28/2017, 7:02:12 AM by arthurus

"The VA hosed up so ALL GOVERNMENT IS HORRIBLE AND WANTS TO KILL BABIES AND MAKE FOOD OUT OF PEOPLE!!!!!!!!"

quote:

To: july4thfreedomfoundation

Baby Charlie Gard is like the poster child of single payer health insurance. Maybe this really is what our government wants for us. Somehow the cult movis “Logans Run” and “Soylent Green” come to mind. Look at the VA. My good friend died prematurely because they delayed his care. Good way to get rid of us who remember how it used to be when the word freedom and liberty meant something. Just look at the Netherlands and their death squads mobile units.

44 posted on 7/28/2017, 7:05:32 AM by ghostkatz (catslivesmatter....all 9 of them)

Why it's almost as if society shouldn't prioritize profiting off of sick people!

quote:

All supporters of “Free Health Care” completely ignore the cost factor.

One major cost is research. If drug companies can’t recoup the cost of research, they won’t do it.
Also, the FIRST thing the government does when it takes over health care is limit malpractice awards. Why not do that now?

45 posted on 7/28/2017, 7:05:40 AM by AppyPappy (Don't mistake your dorm political discussions with the desires of the nation)

These loving people.

quote:

Putin could make his country a mecca for medical advancement and care if he were to make Medicine in Russia totally free market. It would bring money from patients and investment from around the world to Russia and make Russia, in time, the center for R&D for the world. Our best and brightest who are inclined toward Medicine would migrate there.

46 posted on 7/28/2017, 7:05:51 AM by arthurus

These loving people.

quote:

Of course. I was simply stating that if there is no direct monetary impact on individuals for medical treatments, then use of the healthcare system will go way up.
Soooooo true. My friends with insurance get a blood lab slip from their doctor. They take it to that blood lab down the hall. They sit there and get those tubes of blood drawn.

Contrast that with me, a self payer with a Health Share. I get the slip. I go home. I start calling labs, asking how much each of those tests the doc checked without thinking will cost. I price check different labs. I also CROSS OFF an expensive blood test that is clearly being run for the doctor’s CYA, as I don’t intend to sue him.

Let’s say the (inflated) street price for the above identical lab slips is $500. The first person isn’t paying it, maybe she is paying $25 co pay. She couldn’t care less, so she gets all the labs drawn for $500 and never uses one thread of her brain (but if her restaurant meal cost $300, she’d price check too).

I end up paying $200 or less. Because I shopped around and eliminated waste.

If you think that doesn’t happen DAILY, more like HOURLY, in the USA, you’re crazy.

I needed an IV treatment for someone yesterday. Mostly the places charges $500-300 to come give it. I kept shopping and found a small doctor clinic a mile away who did it for $150. You insured people don’t care; you’d just call the $500 guys because you’re not paying for it. It’s a disgrace.

51 posted on 7/28/2017, 7:14:23 AM by Yaelle (We have a Crisis of Information in this country. Our enemies hold the megaphone.)

quote:

To: dforest

Yes, the NWO wants Universal healthcare in every country so they can control all people.

Absolutely... It’s support is based on population control.

52 posted on 7/28/2017, 7:20:19 AM by Openurmind

quote:

Author says healthcare is cheaper in countries with socialized medicine.

That’s because judges murder your child if he doesn’t have any utility to the state.

55 posted on 7/28/2017, 7:25:59 AM by JamesP81 (The DNC poses a greater threat to my liberty than terrorists, China, and Russia. Combined.)

quote:

It’s not “single-payor”.

It’s “government-payor” which means the Feds determine how much doctors and providers are paid, and what services are available to patients. It would turn into the largest crony capitalism scheme in the history of mankind - then bankrupt our children and grandchildren.

65 posted on 7/28/2017, 7:37:15 AM by Oldeconomybuyer (The problem with socialism is that you eventually run out of other people's money.)

quote:

For the American Conservative to publish such an article is illustrative of how leftism penetrates institutions. A few years ago, Pat Buchanan and others established the publication to counter the neo-conservative takeover of National Review and Human Events, not to mention the Heritage Foundation. It was supposed to be paleo-conservative, on the order of the 1950-60s William Buckley and Barry Goldwater. So it seems the American Conservative is going the way of the older publications, in the direction of socialism-lite.

68 posted on 7/28/2017, 7:39:35 AM by Wallace T.

2012 regdate.

quote:

Flame away!

I am a straight down the line conservative that agrees strongly with this article. You can reply that I am not conservative because of this stance, but you would be wrong. You can cite, as has already been done, the 5 or 6 standard canards that are always used when health care comes up, but are they really correct?

Simply put, our health system is not “the best in the world.” What it is is the leading cause of bankruptcy in America (even for the insured) and it does not provide outcomes that compare favorably to many of the single payer systems. Those systems work better for their people at a much lower cost per person or % of GDP than our system works for us.

Whether we have single payer (government) or multi-payer (insurance) we still place ourselves under an “access master.” Insurance companies deny treatments as uncovered every day. Insurance companies ration every one of us with a lifetime maximum benefit at which point we no longer have access to care except that which we can pay out-of-pocket. Being more comfortable with an insurance company as our gatekeeper than the government is understandable, but in the end it is not significantly different.

My family has faced the ‘uninsurable’ label in the individual market because of a very minor and fully healed per-existing condition. I have paid off enormous medical bills that were over and above great corporate insurance coverage because of an operating room mistake by a doctor. Both scenarios make me very personally aware that our market based, insurance managed system is critically broken.

Disagree if you want, but that is my experience and view.

77 posted on 7/28/2017, 7:50:29 AM by Rubble Rouser (The Flint Hills of KS....an amazing place!!)

I kind of expected a flamewar to break out over this one, but instead let's skip ahead and look at the only reply.

quote:

To: Rubble Rouser

My family has faced the ‘uninsurable’ label in the individual market because of a very minor and fully healed per-existing condition.

Sorry, but I don't buy that story. Before Obamacare many states allowed 1 person groups in small businesses. All you had to do was set up a small business and buy the policy for your family. If your state didn't allow that you could have moved to one that did and bought insurance. Of course you, or another family member also could have just gotten a job at one of the many employers that offer health insurance.

Unless you are disabled, and unable to work, and don't have any money, you could have purchased health insurance. It may have been expensive, like the policies all of the rest of us have to buy now, but it was certainly available to you.

Both the small business group policies, and those offered by employers have been required by federal law to cover preexisting conditions for many years. For the small business policies until Obamacare you could buy whatever level of coverage you wanted, including policies with no upper limit.

So in reality, you could have had insurance, you just didn't take the steps necessary to get it.

99 posted on 07/28/2017 8:33:02 AM PDT by freeandfreezing
"Okay sure, so here's what you need to do. First, you shell out a few hundred dollars and create a shell company..."

These loving people.

Yeah, okay, sure, what are your ideas to get costs under control? Oh, I'm sure that they're just great things like limiting malpractice suits (bullshit) and other things that punish the victims, and I'm sure that none of your ideas will include anything with any measure of, say, regulation at all, because regulation is of the devil and you are a piece of poo poo.

quote:

If we don’t get healthcare costs under control, single-payer will become more attractive to a lot of people.

Should we trust our politicians who say they’re against single-payer but fail at producing a market-based alternative?

A stink is coming from behind the scenes.

81 posted on 7/28/2017, 7:57:08 AM by cymbeline

I mean, at least they're admitting that the Republicans really hosed up this time.

quote:

Never thought I’d say it but Democrat politicians are much more intelligent that their Republican counterparts.

Pugs had over eight years to design a health care plan and in all that time they did absolutely nothing. Nothing. Meanwhile the Democrats have their single payer plan completely documented and ready to roll out next time they’re in.

Completely done with the Republican part now. So much I’d so that given the choice I’d vote Democrat over Republican any day just to spite myself.

82 posted on 7/28/2017, 7:57:42 AM by CodeJockey (I don't have a license to kill, but I do have a learners permit.)

Goddamn.

quote:

To: dfwgator

The whole point of ObamaCare was to break the system so that people would literally beg for Single-Payer.

It worked becasue now I would take single payer over this mess.

84 posted on 7/28/2017, 8:00:17 AM by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

POOR PEOPLE DO NOT DESERVE TO LIVE

quote:

To: elpadre

further to the post above:

The safety net for the poor has gotten out of hand and is more than a Cadillac plan. It needs to be scaled back to more of a Chevrolet plan.

At this moment, IMO, Medicaid insurance is the best in the nation, far better than mine, and I have a good one.

85 posted on 7/28/2017, 8:00:38 AM by elpadre (AfganistaMr Obama said the goal was to "disrupt, dismantle and defeat al-hereQaeda" and its allies.)

Wow, here's another.

quote:

As dirty as I feel thinking this way, I’m beginning to find myself entertaining the idea that we should think about universal healthcare.

The way I see it, healthcare is a total mess. Prices are ridiculous to the individual. We seem to end up paying more and more of the bill every year. My son went into a clinic to have his heart checked (he was having palpitations) and they sent him a bill for $1500. I have health insurance, but they didn’t cover anything. It seems every time we go to the doctor, more and more common tests and checks are not being covered. The annual costs are getting idiotic.

In the end, I think insurance is the problem rather than a facilitator, even with more competition (should it be allowed).

The only way I could even think about getting on board, though, would be if hard legislation was included that would reserve the patient’s right to seek other treatment should the government “death panels” say no. This would have to be a hard and firm part of the program.

As I said, I feel dirty thinking this way, and I’m sure there are a lot of complications that I would disagree with to have universal healthcare. I’m not fully on board yet, but beginning to lean more and more that way as each year goes by.

I’m sure I’ll get a flame or two for this hallucination, but I’m okay with alternative views.

91 posted on 7/28/2017, 8:09:13 AM by Magnatron

How the gently caress do freepers think insurance even works!? (Chase is the name of the article author.)

quote:

Chase I hope you’re not fat. Because when we get Single-Payer, I’d better not see you eating French Fries, because now I’M paying for YOUR healthcare.

97 posted on 7/28/2017, 8:20:25 AM by dfwgator

How the gently caress do freepers think the BASIC loving SOCIAL CONTRACT works!?

quote:

And you’re the problem. You have no right to demand I pay for your healthcare.

Besides that knee may take 2 years to get around to repairing of then, waiting lists and all.

100 posted on 7/28/2017, 8:35:43 AM by stockpirate (SETH RICH gave the emails to wikikileaks via murdered ex-UK Amb, murdered he was, cover up it is)

That tagline.

quote:

Killing baby Charlie is a key feature of government healthcare. Then the elderly who are no longer useful to the regime. Then the unfit. Then the political dissidents. Then...

107 posted on 7/28/2017, 9:02:46 AM by JimRed ( TERM LIMITS, NOW! Building the Wall! TRUTH is the new HATE SPEECH.)

Another! December, 2016 regdate though... also very unlike a freeper to actually talk to people and try to understand them...

quote:

I was completely and totally against single payer for years. However, I took the family to England and France a few years ago. I made it a point, when I could, to talk about their health care systems. Out of the 20-30 people I talked to, mostly working class, not one had a negative thing to say about their system. When I mentioned that I can call my civilian doctor (I have a civilian DR under Tricare and I also have a DR at the VA)and get in same day or next day they said if it is not an emergency you usually have to wait a week to get into your Dr there. I heard no horror stories of death panels or someone not given treatment and allowed to die. I also noticed that there was no movement in either of these countries to change the healthcare system.

Long story short is this experience made me reexamine the single payer issue. The author is correct when he says a lot of insurance dollars go to profit instead of health care. Also that having a single payer system would make our companies more competitive. Society is always a trade-off between freedom and security. We all give up some freedom for security. I think this idea should be discussed in a reasonable and logical manner comparing the pros and cons of both systems. And then if the American people want a single payer system a constitutional amendment should be adopted to give the federal government the power to create and manage such a system.

115 posted on 7/28/2017, 9:50:27 AM by OIFVeteran
... but then they advocate for a constitutional amendment to make it happen. 100% freeper.

There are another thirty posts, but I think this is a fine stopping point.

Freepers:

quote:

To: OIFVeteran

This thread is really beginning to depress me.

116 posted on 7/28/2017, 9:53:18 AM by dfwgator

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Oh wow, republicans hosed up on healthcare so bad it has freep considering single payer. That's some news.

The funniest bit is, with the republican plan failing, you'd expect freep to flock to the next-most conservative option. Problem is, that's Obamacare, and they've spent so much time demonizing it that there's no way they could sign on now. That's pushing some freepers even farther to the left than most congressional democrats. I'm surprised they don't consider Obama to be the 13th dimensional chessmaster.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Pavlov posted:

Oh wow, republicans hosed up on healthcare so bad it has freep considering single payer. That's some news.

The funniest bit is, with the republican plan failing, you'd expect freep to flock to the next-most conservative option. Problem is, that's Obamacare, and they've spent so much time demonizing it that there's no way they could sign on now. That's pushing some freepers even farther to the left than most congressional democrats. I'm surprised they don't consider Obama to be the 13th dimensional chessmaster.

I mean if you read the posts it sounds more like they're rejecting this. I think maybe made one person consider it but the rest sound like the rejecting it with a fiery passion that can burn brighter than a thousand suns exploding at once. And by explosion I mean catastrophic supernova. Then the black holes hit each other creating gravity waves that distort time.

Also, yes time just gets distorted when two black holes collide.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Tbh pretty soon I can imagine it being like marijuana legalization where even a significant number of conservatives support it.

But of course, the Dems will still refuse to adopt it.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

quote:

I can state for a fact that if I have no cost for healthcare other than the taxes that I already pay, then my wife and I will go to the doctor a LOT more than we do now. The torn cartilage in my knee? Fix it doc. That major dental work she’s been putting off? Get er done. And on and on.

12 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:35:08 AM by SoCal Pubbie

Holy loving poo poo THIS IS EXACTLY WHY WE HAVE SINGLE PAYER YOU DUMB FUCKS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

How the hell is single payer “conservative?”

The author of this piece must be kidding himself.

Rationing, death panels, and everyone under the thumb of the fascist government.

Thumb up, you live, thumb down, you die.

Just like a Roman emperor.

Two words for the author of this piece (besides the obvious FU).....those words: Charlie Gard.

3 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:31:56 AM by july4thfreedomfoundation ("You can't fix America without pissing off the people who broke it".....Bill Mitchell)

Ah the joys of people too dumb to understand that's what we have without the AHA.

quote:

Outcomes of “single payer” adoption -

1. All innovation in advancements in treatment of conditions both common and uncommon comes to a screeching halt.

2. “Death panels” which have final authority to choose to suspend or reduce care to palliative treatment only, when the continued life of the patient must show some “economic benefit” measured in “Quality of Life in Remaining Years”, a measurement that may be highly subjective.

3. Delays in the treatment of conditions, leading to deterioration of the condition over time, that change what would have been an easily treated ailment into a life-threatening crisis or even inducing early death.

4. Rules which make it a punishable offense to seek treatment from another unauthorized source, and for which any future participation in any aspect of the single-player scheme is expressly forbidden.

And these are just the more egregious of the bad outcomes of adoption of this system. Longer range, the quality of the medical professionals is sure to decline, as fewer and fewer applicants see much of a future in becoming a medical professional, as the returns on the time invested diminish to the vanishing point, in terms of a sense of dedication, and emotional reward for efforts expended, let alone the economic aspects of a much reduced level of remuneration.

35 posted on 7/28/2017, 6:56:33 AM by alloysteel (The difference between Illinois and Venezuela, is that toilet tissue is still available in Illinois.)

1. That certainly explains why the US lags behind in medical science

2. What do you think insurance companies do all the loving time?

3. Really? Because people don't have to delay treatments now for up to a year at times?

4. What do you think happens when you don't use medical treatment covered by your insurance plan?

Jesus gently caress, someone buy this bitch a clue. I don't know if these people are really this stupid, but it's like they've had no interaction with anything past their front door for 50 years

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jul 29, 2017