Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

McSpanky posted:

Also she was a furry. Everyone seemed curiously nonplussed about this.

Man I don't give a poo poo if you're a furry

Just don't be a psycho that's all I ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Shemp the Stooge posted:

I have never done it, but I saw a video on Reddit a couple weeks ago. It takes two counselors, one gets as close to the traps and to the cabin as possible at like a 45-degree angle from the fuse box. The second dude creeps into the gap between the first counselor and the cabin and tries to get the E prompt up. If done correctly they will be able to start the fuse animation but the gap is too small for them to be pulled through so the first counselor prevents them from being moved to the position in front of the fuse box but they can still do the minigame from where they have been blocked.
Is there something similar with the car battery, too? I had multiple matches last night as Jason where counselors installed the car battery despite a trap being there. The traps weren't even triggered.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

I wish Part 3 wasn't considered the "noob" Jason, I love my Runboys :smith: Also I wish they'd let the good Jasons have the machete too.

Tears are tears, I don't give a poo poo if they're calling me a noob or what the hell they're crying about, as long as they're crying. Part 3 is what I learned the game on, its the Jason that's most consistent for me and leads to the least embarrassing 3/8 or 4/8 games so gently caress what anyone says about it being the noob Jason. Does it really matter if I'm a noob if your head is being separated from your body at escape velocity?

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Danaru posted:

I wish Part 3 wasn't considered the "noob" Jason, I love my Runboys :smith: Also I wish they'd let the good Jasons have the machete too.

Honestly the reason for that is he's probably the best jason. When you absolutely want to murder some fuckers part 3 has decent strengths and no glaring weaknesses.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I've had great games as every Jason I've played so far except Part 7. Part 7 can't do poo poo except see blips from all over the map and move fast in water. Knowing where everybody is is useless if you have weak Shift and can't run.

The key is just knowing what your particular Jason can do well and then adjust your playstyle accordingly. When I'm Jason 2 I lay down my traps, Jason 6 I toss throwing knives everywhere and Shift like a motherfucker, Jason 3 I just wail on people with my axe.

e: Also yes I still haven't put that many hours into the game so I haven't even unlocked the last two Jasons yet.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Jason 7 really is hard mode. We had one game at Crystal lake where there were 2 car spawns, and the phone as far from those cars as could be. (Springwater spawn) One of the vehicles was repaired and the cops were called by the end of the game. I likely would have lost someone if Terry didn't blunder into an off-script trap I put down.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I do wish there was some way to introduce a third running Jason just for the sake of variety.

Part 4 Jason I suppose looks too similar to Part 3, but maybe just give him a machete, let him keep the ability to run and tune down his shift or something? Roy/Part 5 would also be another opportunity to put another running Jason in the game, because he's just a regular guy so it would make sense for him to run.

Running aside, Roy would be a fun addition just in general as another nod to the movies. It would be pretty cool to knock his mask off and be able to see like a foam rubber headpiece around a regular guy's face like it was in the movie.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Part 4 Jason could use the corkscrew

Shortest melee range for the most damage

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Basebf555 posted:

I do wish there was some way to introduce a third running Jason just for the sake of variety.

Reboot Jason was a spry fucker.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Burkion posted:

Part 4 Jason could use the corkscrew

Shortest melee range for the most damage

I'd say hatchet, swings faster but has way less range than the axe. Then one of the special weapon kills is Jason pulling out the corkscrew and screwing a counselor's hands then hatchet to the face.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phylodox posted:

Reboot Jason was a spry fucker.

Yea I'd love to see that, I kinda assumed the rights situation would be a bit more complicated for that one though. I thought I heard someone say they only have the rights up to Jason X, so no Freddy vs. Jason or remake Jason.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Part 8 is my favorite. If he could run he'd be the best hands-down IMO. Has the Savini destruction plus (so locked doors only take 3 hits to go down, which is insane good), and that all on its own makes him great. Longer stalk is cool to me because I like stalk, and water speed is sort of meh but hey, he's fast as poo poo in water. Situational but can be useful.

But his "weaknesses" are whatever. Shorter sense, can't run, lower grip strength. Psh. That's nothing. He basically doesn't have weaknesses.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

imweasel09 posted:

Honestly the reason for that is he's probably the best jason. When you absolutely want to murder some fuckers part 3 has decent strengths and no glaring weaknesses.
Part 3's glaring weakness is that if you even wave a melee object in his general direction, he's gonna get stunned, and falls down at the slightest provocation. You can drat near stunlock him.

Also I finally had an 8/8 game, against pubbies no less! And even more amazingly, one of them had a soundboard -- and he was amazing with it. He had stuff like NOPE, gently caress YOU, and BONK loaded up, but also a bunch of appropriate voice clips so he could carry a conversation, and even music. At one point I teleported in on the group when they were fixing the car, and he was playing The Lion Sleeps Tonight for them, and then as soon as I appeared he changed it to the Sonic cartoon theme -- "Gotta go fast! Go fast GO FAST GO FAST". Later on, when I was chasing him around the car, he put on the Benny Hill theme song. Other players even begged me to spare him and go after them, because having him alive was so entertaining. (I didn't. I killed everyone.) It was like playing a match against Harpo Marx.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
After finally playing as Savini Jason yesterday I can conclude he is a little overrated. The music is great but LOL at anyone that paid a lot for him on eBay. Wonder how soon until Microsoft takes the skin away(or if they do) from everyone that grabbed it yesterday.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Spacebump posted:

After finally playing as Savini Jason yesterday I can conclude he is a little overrated.

This is what's hilarious, people freak the hell out and scream P2W and this and that like yeah he has good perks, so what? He has nothing exclusive to him (Other than weap kills) and it's not like his damage or destruction is higher than the other examples of Jason with those, it's just people going nuts because some clown whipped out a spreadsheet and concluded he's "objectively the strongest", as if that really means much when you're in a lineup of all strong guys.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Yardbomb posted:

MANY STRONG MEN AWAIT YOU

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012
Does picking a certain Jason affect your chances of playing as him? When I play as Part 7 Jason, I get picked in the first or second round right away, but if I play as Part 8 Jason or any other Jason, I never get picked.

I tested this out by playing as Part 8 Jason for a few days and out of 20 rounds with randoms, I only got picked once or twice. When I went back to Part 7 Jason, I'm constantly getting picked all the time, to the point that out of 10 matches in 10 different lobbies, I got picked 6-7 times.

Has anyone noticed something similar with their Jasons?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nicaden posted:

Does picking a certain Jason affect your chances of playing as him? When I play as Part 7 Jason, I get picked in the first or second round right away, but if I play as Part 8 Jason or any other Jason, I never get picked.

I tested this out by playing as Part 8 Jason for a few days and out of 20 rounds with randoms, I only got picked once or twice. When I went back to Part 7 Jason, I'm constantly getting picked all the time, to the point that out of 10 matches in 10 different lobbies, I got picked 6-7 times.

Has anyone noticed something similar with their Jasons?

All I know is that if you have Random Jason set, you are almost always going to be 7

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

This is what's hilarious, people freak the hell out and scream P2W and this and that like yeah he has good perks, so what? He has nothing exclusive to him (Other than weap kills) and it's not like his damage or destruction is higher than the other examples of Jason with those, it's just people going nuts because some clown whipped out a spreadsheet and concluded he's "objectively the strongest", as if that really means much when you're in a lineup of all strong guys.

The funniest part is that those people with Savini Jason are the reason even came out in the first loving place. We should be thanking them.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

I played a single round with him today and yeah, he's kinda meh. He looks cool but it's really lame that every match I jump in now has at least 5 Savini Jasons queued up.

But the upside is since everyone who snagged it yesterday has only had a day and a half or so to play with him, it doesn't seem like people who were bad at Jason are any better with him.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yea Savini has some nice advantages but nothing that's going to instantly change a bad Jason player into a good one. You still have to use your movement abilities efficiently and keep tabs on the objectives, use stalk to close the deal on kills, etc.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I still think 2 by far is the best, and I am surprised it hasn't been nerfed to the ground. Shorter sense, slower water speed, and less HP, which are all irrelevant. On the positive, more traps, can run, and morph recharges faster. You can trap the hell out of the phone and cars and still have a trap or two left over, and then zoom all over the map with morph.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

joepinetree posted:

I still think 2 by far is the best, and I am surprised it hasn't been nerfed to the ground.

Good thick skin rolls pretty much deleted him from the game is why, especially if you got one of the 50% ones and never unequipped it, you can run a marathon through his traps all day and then he's just Part 3 without the weapon damage.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Jason 7 really is hard mode. We had one game at Crystal lake where there were 2 car spawns, and the phone as far from those cars as could be. (Springwater spawn) One of the vehicles was repaired and the cops were called by the end of the game. I likely would have lost someone if Terry didn't blunder into an off-script trap I put down.

I find J7's superhearing as much a detriment as a benefit because it's virtually impossible to tell how far away you're hearing things, it's way too easy to morph and miss the target by more than a shift's distance because you can hear 3/4 of the drat map.

Burkion posted:

All I know is that if you have Random Jason set, you are almost always going to be 7

So true.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

CapnAndy posted:

Part 3's glaring weakness is that if you even wave a melee object in his general direction, he's gonna get stunned, and falls down at the slightest provocation. You can drat near stunlock him.

Also I finally had an 8/8 game, against pubbies no less! And even more amazingly, one of them had a soundboard -- and he was amazing with it. He had stuff like NOPE, gently caress YOU, and BONK loaded up, but also a bunch of appropriate voice clips so he could carry a conversation, and even music. At one point I teleported in on the group when they were fixing the car, and he was playing The Lion Sleeps Tonight for them, and then as soon as I appeared he changed it to the Sonic cartoon theme -- "Gotta go fast! Go fast GO FAST GO FAST". Later on, when I was chasing him around the car, he put on the Benny Hill theme song. Other players even begged me to spare him and go after them, because having him alive was so entertaining. (I didn't. I killed everyone.) It was like playing a match against Harpo Marx.

Crap, I just setup my soundboard last night and I'm already being outclassed.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I do this every time I break out of Jason's grasp and run away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2gFj3oFRcI

Other 3 Stooges noises would be good too.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Relevant to this thread's interests:

https://twitter.com/SamSykesSwears/status/890751932779839488

(read the whole thread)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

joepinetree posted:

I still think 2 by far is the best, and I am surprised it hasn't been nerfed to the ground.
Having not played Savini or 9 yet, it's definitely 2 or 8 for me. At the moment I'm using 8, but I'm noticing people getting much better about not being trapped in cabins, and destruction's a non-factor once you get Rage anyway, so I may go back to 2 soon.

Wanderer posted:

Relevant to this thread's interests:

https://twitter.com/SamSykesSwears/status/890751932779839488

(read the whole thread)
This owns.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Good thick skin rolls pretty much deleted him from the game is why, especially if you got one of the 50% ones and never unequipped it, you can run a marathon through his traps all day and then he's just Part 3 without the weapon damage.

And when that happens at least you know where it is. Put 3 traps on phone, 2 on one car, 1 another. You will not know for sure, but it gives you an idea of where to start. And if you are wrong, morph will be up really quick.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Have they fixed the glitch where counselors can punch Jason off the map? It started happening really frequently a couple weeks ago and it's killed my desire to play completely.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Haha, nope. It's even been happening in goon games, although we've been getting lucky and having Jason intercepted by trees and road signs and poo poo like that.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

If you're lucky but not quite that lucky, your morph will be up when it happens so you can save yourself from flying off the map. It mostly happens when he's grabbing someone out of the car but I've also seen it happen in one of the small bathrooms.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

That only happens when you try to grab the driver out right? I've noticed that good counselor teams will immediately run for you and try to hit you while you grab the driver, hoping to get a Map Out kill.

I think a smarter move would be to just wait at the front of the car for the designated hitters to try and stun you, and then just start whacking them because they probably also have pocket knives.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

That only happens when you try to grab the driver out right? I've noticed that good counselor teams will immediately run for you and try to hit you while you grab the driver, hoping to get a Map Out kill.

I think a smarter move would be to just wait at the front of the car for the designated hitters to try and stun you, and then just start whacking them because they probably also have pocket knives.

But then you have to worry about the car being restarted and backing away before you can smash the hood. Also I'm pretty sure it's a physics glitch and can happen no matter where you're grabbing them from, just people are more likely to attack if you're going after the driver because if you grab someone out of another window the rest can still drive away while you're busy.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This game is the most fun PVP-type game I've played on PS4, but the lack of host migration is terrible. So many games end because I kill the host or because the host is Jason and I call the cops, or whatever. It sucks.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Just had the most adorable thing happen. I start the match (as Chad, natch), and another Chad runs up to me toting a rifle. A little 12-year-old's voice pipes up over my speakers saying, "I'm gonna kill you!" He shoulders the rifle and takes aim. "Start running!" he says. So, being Chad, I walk up to him and whack him in the face with my baseball bat and him, being Chad, immediately says, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I didn't mean it! I'll help you!" :allears:

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

The Berzerker posted:

This game is the most fun PVP-type game I've played on PS4, but the lack of host migration is terrible. So many games end because I kill the host or because the host is Jason and I call the cops, or whatever. It sucks.

This game is fairly poorly implemented, but has the most potential. I'm about level 49 so I've wasted way too much time pissing about in a three-map searchathon, but at the moment it's my default game.

When this eventually ends up being a PS Plus game, I am going to swirly so many people.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
I am currently spectating the last two remaining counselors--a Brit and a southerner. They are communicating remarkably well, despite the fact that the Brit keeps referring to the gas can as "the petrol."

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So this game's basically dying out on PC right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

s.i.r.e. posted:

So this game's basically dying out on PC right?

• Locked thread