Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Paragon 559 and I've spent every. single. blood. shard. ever. on Belts, and no String of Ears still :smuggo:

I just got an ancient one with really good rolls, I think it's just random bruh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Dross posted:

...did you roll the elemental damage bonus away instead of reduced resource cost? SoJ is rare as hell, don't do that.

Yep, I did that. If this can be trusted then RRC is slightly less useless than fire for singularity skelemage damage (physical). And I have another untouched SoJ from random Kadala rings now, but still no compass rose.

I still think the +max essence giving 54% extra damage for skellies is the most relevant thing, but I could be horribly wrong about how percentages add up.

Anyway, the fruitless ring hunt has had the nice side-effect of a full Inarius set with a couple of ancient bits, so probably time to muck about with something different. Hopefully something corpse explosion-y, 'cause that's a fun skill.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Tugboat Willy posted:

Saved the worst for last (500 elites with Command Skeletons) but grinded some normal rifts for it. Shoutout to Kaz for the help on the Campaign achievements. :hellyeah:

How do I get these I want these

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Pastry Mistakes posted:

How do I get these I want these
Complete all necromancer achievements.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Tugboat Willy posted:

Saved the worst for last (500 elites with Command Skeletons) but grinded some normal rifts for it. Shoutout to Kaz for the help on the Campaign achievements. :hellyeah:

Grats, I need to put in the effort to do the two Diablo ones, I'm halfway to the Command Skeletons already and did the campaign in the pre-season.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Man, I just started necro for kicks, and it doesn't even feel fair. Even with non-ancient garbage rathma + jessish build does like 20x the damage of my monk, who is much better geared. Granted, it is a lot squisher, but still.

I tried a pestilence build with a 4500 dps ancient petrified spike too, but it is poop compared to rathma + jessish with normal quality items.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
So i have a seasonal Wiz who's approaching P200, and I have the full Tal's set, and enough spare Vyr's pieces that I could re-roll them and equip all the necessary armor pieces for this Tal Vyr build. But I'm still lacking a bunch of the accessories for that build, like the belt, an obsidian ring of the zodiac, a Starfire, a Manald Heal, etc. Without all that extra stuff, it doesn't seem worth it to me to try for anything with Archon. Does that sound right? Should I be focusing on building out this more basic Tal's build and getting the gear I'm missing for that one?

Given this current state of my wizard, what should I prioritize next for crafting and gambling? I feel like I'm really missing a Manald Heal, and probably should craft that. Gamble for boots? Belt?

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Manald heal and rrog are the most important, farm bounties and upgrade rings. There's a bunch of 6 pc talk builds you can do till you find a MH.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Filthy Monkey posted:

Man, I just started necro for kicks, and it doesn't even feel fair. Even with non-ancient garbage rathma + jessish build does like 20x the damage of my monk, who is much better geared. Granted, it is a lot squisher, but still.

:same:

It is the glassiest of glass cannon builds, but the skeleton 'cannon' gets ridiculous with reapers wraps + life from death.

It's so "feast or famine" though, and frequently comes to a crashing halt because of a random mortar elite. What is it with those fuckers that are so instantly fatal?

I suppose I should probably try using the cheat death passive...

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

xiansi posted:

It is the glassiest of glass cannon builds, but the skeleton 'cannon' gets ridiculous with reapers wraps + life from death.
You can build it fairly tanky, if you want. It won't push leaderboards, of course, but the Rathma package on its own shits out enough damage that the casual player could run a defensive build and be 100% fine.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
I've got the damage reduction from the 4pc Rathma's, Decrepify with the dmg reduction rune, the belt that works with decrepify, and a ring that boosts my dmg reduction by 0.84 for every 1% life I'm missing and I feel tanky in T10 rifts.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

xiansi posted:

:same:

It's so "feast or famine" though, and frequently comes to a crashing halt because of a random mortar elite. What is it with those fuckers that are so instantly fatal?

I suppose I should probably try using the cheat death passive...

Final Service is such a dodgy cheat death though because it nukes all your pets. So if you're already in a bad enough situation to need it, suddenly losing all your minions really blows. Its still better than dying of course, but compared to the cheat death passives for the other classes, its rather punishing. At least for pet builds.

On another note: god I wish the Pestilence set was better. Thematically its a really neat set and I watched a video by LordFluffy for a build for it and it looked hilarious. Its just too bad its basically only good for like T13/GR60-70 because it lookks so rad just firing a bone spear and everything explodes.

SiliconX fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jul 29, 2017

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Did they move the Reapers Wraps recipe? I've killed Mal like four or five times now, and not seen them drop.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
What's the least annoying Monk set dungeon to master? I have Raiment from the season gift but no In-geom, but pretty much everything else from http://teambrg.com/diablo-3/raiment-set-dungeon-build-guide-mastery/ and it's annoying as hell to clear the first three straights after taking off my Shenlongs for stuff that doesn't mess with Spirit levels. I've swapped skills around to get more charges on Dashing Strike and use Jawbreaker to get free charges as those tend to limit me more than Spirit, as well as stacked CDR...?

It's either I farm breaths to cube up In-geom or build up another set, but gently caress are these things irritating.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 29, 2017

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

College Slice

Hobold posted:

Did they move the Reapers Wraps recipe? I've killed Mal like four or five times now, and not seen them drop.

Nope. You sure you don't have it already?

Shumagorath posted:

What's the least annoying Monk set dungeon to master? I have Raiment from the season gift but no In-geom, but pretty much everything else from http://teambrg.com/diablo-3/raiment-set-dungeon-build-guide-mastery/ and it's annoying as hell to clear the first three straights after taking off my Shenlongs for stuff that doesn't mess with Spirit levels. I've swapped skills around to get more charges on Dashing Strike and use Jawbreaker to get free charges as those tend to limit me more than Spirit, as well as stacked CDR...?

It's either I farm breaths to cube up In-geom or build up another set, but gently caress are these things irritating.

IIRC, Sunwuko's is pretty drat easy, and Inna's ain't bad either. Uliana's is the worst of the 4 by far.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I found the SWK dungeon kinda tolerable once I'd changed up my gear and skills a bit. It should be easier now that you have more time and are considerably less likely to miss a bunch of monsters hiding in a corner somewhere.

Hobold posted:

I'm pretty sure I had it drop as recently as the current season.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

MMAgCh posted:

I found the SWK dungeon kinda tolerable once I'd changed up my gear and skills a bit. It should be easier now that you have more time and are considerably less likely to miss a bunch of monsters hiding in a corner somewhere.
I'm pretty sure I had it drop as recently as the current season.

You have "Have Materials" on the drop down menu for the blacksmith and don't have the bounty ingredients on hand. Probably.

Or "Highest Usable" and your character isn't at level 70.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Hobold posted:

It's supposed to drop the first time you kill him. If it hasn't dropped yet and you just haven't noticed then you might have bugged out somehow. Check your blacksmith just in case.

Anyway last season achievement I need is to reach level 20 of greater rifts solo. Can I do that on any difficulty or does it have to be torment or something? Can I just cruise this on normal?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Shumagorath posted:

Inna's is easiest imo. Probably will have to reduce your dmg to get the primary objective of hitting however many mobs with mystic ally.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Nuebot posted:

Anyway last season achievement I need is to reach level 20 of greater rifts solo. Can I do that on any difficulty or does it have to be torment or something? Can I just cruise this on normal?

Greater Rift difficulty is independent from the game's setting. GR20 is roughly equivalent to Torment 4 no matter what, if you click on the pylon it will show in the dropdown what you're in for.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Swilo posted:

Greater Rift difficulty is independent from the game's setting. GR20 is roughly equivalent to Torment 4 no matter what, if you click on the pylon it will show in the dropdown what you're in for.

Oh, bummer. I mean, I'm clearing torment IV easy anyway. But I was hoping it'd be a snooze cruise. I guess I'll have to hope I have time this weekend to power through it.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

SiliconX posted:

IIRC, Sunwuko's is pretty drat easy, and Inna's ain't bad either. Uliana's is the worst of the 4 by far.
Thanks I have Inna's and I'm close to Sunwoko. Might not have all the cube items I need but I've got a lot of them in the queue. If I don't get into the last tier of conquests this season I'm probably not getting the stash tab; feeling burnt out as it is.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Shumagorath posted:

You can do raiment in a 4 man party without needing in geom. You just race ahead and everyone else kills the mobs.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

College Slice

Nuebot posted:

Oh, bummer. I mean, I'm clearing torment IV easy anyway. But I was hoping it'd be a snooze cruise. I guess I'll have to hope I have time this weekend to power through it.

If you're doing T4 then GR20 will be easy. A Greater Rift is almost identical to a Nephalim Rift, just none of the mobs drop any loot and you're timed.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Actually Grifts are significantly easier because of higher density. You're also not distracted by all the pretty DBs and oranges dropping around you.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
All I want in 2.7 is the ability to vacuum up crafting materials since they don't take up stash space anymore and the ability to set a starting act when I make a game. I don't care if it's only unlocked upon purchase of an eighth class. I just don't want to start games in Bastion's loving Keep anymore.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Act 1 is the best town because you can almost reach the blacksmith from standing next to Kadala to get rid of all the trash she gives you.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

VodeAndreas posted:

Act 1 is the best town because you can almost reach the blacksmith from standing next to Kadala to get rid of all the trash she gives you.

And yet you have to trek all the way across town for the mystic.

A5 town supremacy all the way.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

f#a# posted:

And yet you have to trek all the way across town for the mystic.

A5 town supremacy all the way.

The obvious solution is to make an act VI where the town is just a tiny cluster of artisans around the portal.

All the vendor NPCs will be scattered at least 30 seconds walk at max walk speed away.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
I do my enchanting in bulk and certainly not between rifts/GRs, so act 1 is still the best.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I hit GR 70 solo with corpse lance necro and I think that's it for me. I'm not even sure I had much fun towards the end. What a weird game.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

:negative: I tried a greater rift and the game immediately crashed.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So I haven't played the game in about a year and a half, and that first playthrough was just doing the campaign and putting it down.

I started a season character and got through the first 4 season chapters, got my full Helltooth set for my Witch Doctor, and now I'm not really sure how to progress? I've done up to GR 30 which is about as far as my character can reasonably handle with about 100 Paragon levels and the gear I have. I'm using the fresh 70 build from Icy veins with a bunch of garbage shoved in all the non-Helltooth slots and in the cube.

Up till now it was fairly clear how to progress, but now I just have all these odds and ends of loot and I'm not sure what to focus on? Are bounties worthwhile? Running Nephelem rifts? Greater rifts? Going in circles grinding enemies? Torment 7 is pretty easy but if I bump it up to 8 those loving elites with the spinny lasers keep killing me :(.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

And there we go, season journey done. Greater rifts are easier than expected and actually really fun. It's kind of satisfying to just blaze through a million dudes. My pants are ancient and have two slots and a lame affix for a skill I never use. Equipping them took off 10% of my toughness.

What should I be doing for gems anyway? Like is there any kind of optimal choice for non-legendary gems or anything?

EDIT: Does frailty count as an impairment skill for the sake of this legendary gem I just got?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jul 29, 2017

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Zore posted:

So I haven't played the game in about a year and a half, and that first playthrough was just doing the campaign and putting it down.

I started a season character and got through the first 4 season chapters, got my full Helltooth set for my Witch Doctor, and now I'm not really sure how to progress? I've done up to GR 30 which is about as far as my character can reasonably handle with about 100 Paragon levels and the gear I have. I'm using the fresh 70 build from Icy veins with a bunch of garbage shoved in all the non-Helltooth slots and in the cube.

Up till now it was fairly clear how to progress, but now I just have all these odds and ends of loot and I'm not sure what to focus on? Are bounties worthwhile? Running Nephelem rifts? Greater rifts? Going in circles grinding enemies? Torment 7 is pretty easy but if I bump it up to 8 those loving elites with the spinny lasers keep killing me :(.

I went through exactly this. You want to get the Arachyr set now, that got me to GR45 solo (I'm hitting a wall at GR48 though now). It's a bit of a squishy build but really fun to play.

I'm not sure where to go from there myself (at P270 or so). I do miss a couple of legendaries but I'm not sure they will help me much as my problem isn't DPS but survivability. Firebats is pretty much a melee build and I get one-shot a lot on the third levels of GRs.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I didn't play in last season enough to break gr70, so I didn't get to roll primal items.

Today I got my first two primal items ever: Depth Diggers and Flavor of Time.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.

Hobold posted:

I'm very cautiously playing my first ever hardcore character and this happened to me. The wraps didn't drop until the first time I killed malth while 70 and on T1. Don't know what the actual trigger was.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
here i am, thinking im the hot poo poo with my helltooth set, and then my brother completes HIS season journey and gets infinite meteors and insane stacking damage buffs for casting different spell types. gently caress wizards

big nipples big life posted:

Cube or wear the amulet the negates posion damage.

Even if you do that dungeon still sucks poo poo because good luck getting 20 things into a wall of death 4 times.

YOU GOTTA DO IT FOUR TIMES??? WHY!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

LegoMan posted:

Actually Grifts are significantly easier because of higher density. You're also not distracted by all the pretty DBs and oranges dropping around you.

Also the mobs only have equivalent health for the stated torment at 3 or 4 players. The damage they do is always correct but solo the mobs have significantly less health.

spit on my clit posted:

YOU GOTTA DO IT FOUR TIMES??? WHY!

Trust me, just grab the arachyr pieces when you can and do that dungeon, it's easy peasy and much les reliant on spawn rng.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

For now GR40 is my hard limit. Every elite was one shotting me and I was getting killed multiple times by enemies I couldn't even see because I'd revive and lightning or arcane things would just show up right on top of me and I'd die instantly. Beat it with 30 seconds to spare. I might farm lower tiers though because the drop rate on these set pieces and poo poo is crazy.

This blood shard lady is driving me mad though. I've gotten The Wailing Host a dozen times now. Please, just give me something good.