Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

ElCondemn posted:

Good post, you're so tough and cool, do you have a podcast or newsletter or something? Are you mad that a junkie who died in his thirties was more important than you'll ever be?

I have undoubtedly contributed more to the world and achieved greater things than anyone who wrote for the "Sarah Silverman show"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Work Friend Keven posted:

I don't give a crap when dirtbag junkies kill themselves.

I WILL NOT BE MADE TO BE A FOOL

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Harris might have been a dirtbag junky but he was our dirtbag junky.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I have undoubtedly contributed more to the world and achieved greater things than anyone who wrote for the "Sarah Silverman show"

Please, stop banging your fists on the table and crying. Calm down.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Harris might have been a dirtbag junky but he was our dirtbag junky.

If it's wrong to love a dirtbag junkie for giving me something like Jack S'Junior, than I don't want to be right.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

lol

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You have been demoted to Work Colleague Keven.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

scientology had harris killed

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

cams posted:

scientology had harris killed

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

After reading in that history of Comedy Bang Bang that Jess McKenna was in a show called Party Over Here that I'd somehow never heard of, I gave it a shot and... it's really not bad. Certainly better than the 3/10 score it got in IMDb which might partially be down to being an all female sketch show.

Alison Rich is also pretty good at pulling goofy faces, and Nicole Byer is always fun. Jess gets to do raps too!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

After reading in that history of Comedy Bang Bang that Jess McKenna was in a show called Party Over Here that I'd somehow never heard of, I gave it a shot and... it's really not bad. Certainly better than the 3/10 score it got in IMDb which might partially be down to being an all female sketch show.

Alison Rich is also pretty good at pulling goofy faces, and Nicole Byer is always fun. Jess gets to do raps too!

nick wiger from doughboys and the monster gently caress song was head writer on it, I think the lonely island boys produced it? Anyway, I never actually watched an ep because outside of doughboys i never saw it promoted anywhere ever so i never knew when or where it was on

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

IT WAS A GRAVEYARD gently caress

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Juwanna Mann?? They should have called it Juwanna Stop Posting

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

That show was really good though

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

EL BROMANCE posted:

It had too much talent involved to be a bad sketch show, but no one cared so that's that.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Puppy Galaxy posted:

That show was really good though

It was good but I've done more for people than any cable show, which mostly sell ad space and don't make people's lives better at all. Just a fact. Any performer would agree with me.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
You haven't done poo poo.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I've lived a fairly full life to to date, though in fairness it's true that I've never killed myself with the drug "heroin". Generally that's not considered an accomplishment, but different cultures have different standards.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I watched the film 'Your Name' last night which made me sad, the tried to watch the Harris episode of Getting Doug at Largo which made me so super sad. God damnit Harris.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

I've lived a fairly full life to to date, though in fairness it's true that I've never killed myself with the drug "heroin". Generally that's not considered an accomplishment, but different cultures have different standards.

Hey dude, it's cool that you're awesome offline and doing stuff, but your opinion of the opiod problems in America and addicton is uninformed and lovely.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

if you died instead of harris the world would be a better place

probably if you just died now, too

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

So funny to see you still posting about this when I get back from the gym.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

so funny to see you posting about the gym

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

So funny to see you still posting about this when I get back from the gym.

Humblebrag?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

That's a good point. In fairness to Harris, he did acomplish something of note that I never have, and likely never will: writing a book. A very bad book that was almost entirely stolen tweets that nobody bought.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

he also probably spent less time garnering attention on an internet forum than you, so that's another point on the board

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

That's a good point. In fairness to Harris, he did acomplish something of note that I never have, and likely never will: writing a book. A very bad book that was almost entirely stolen tweets that nobody bought.

This is annoying and unfunny trolling

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Trolls gonna troll. Let's stop feeding him.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Who do you think Scott's gonna break off a new hundo with? I'm hoping Andy Daly shows up, it feels like it's been too long

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I hope it's a Harris Wittels retrospective

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Puppy Galaxy posted:

This is annoying and unfunny trolling

Do you think the book "humblebrag" was good?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Do you think the book "humblebrag" was good?
if you killed yourself it would be way funnier than when harris did it, another win for weird troll guy.

but also scientology killed harris

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

The need to attack me personally is understandable, as Harris has very little to speak for him when you really look at it. Rich kid lucked into a few jobs, which he did poorly, then killed himself with drugs. Absolutely not the kind of person anyone should be looking up to. He had some good jokes, so do plenty of people who've chosen to exist in the world. No reason to valorize a junkie.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Counterpoint: Tapas The Mornin To Jah

cams
Mar 28, 2003

The need to attack me personally is understandable, as Harris has very little to speak for him when you really look at it. Rich kid lucked into a few jobs, which he did poorly, then killed himself with drugs. Absolutely not the kind of person anyone should be looking up to. He had some good jokes, so do plenty of people who've chosen to exist in the world. No reason to valorize a junkie.
nah he was great and you are worthless. i'd put you at about one-thirtieth of a harris wittels, based on available data.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Papa John Misty posted:

Counterpoint: Tapas The Mornin To Jah

Whenever I'm shooting heroin like my idol Harris I think about this joke.

I love this clip from analyze phish when Harris got Scott high... "it's good... it's funky"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTvmZ6kIT2w

ElCondemn fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 30, 2017

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I'm glad Work Friend Keven posts here. He makes the thread interesting.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I have appreciated Scott and Paul doggedly continuing their quest to #Bajillion 400

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Even discounting that I liked Harris a lot, Work Friend Keven's views on people with drug addictions is insanely stupid and heartless.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Maybe, just maybe... They're not genuine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Oh well in that case he is very cool and I like him.