Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Here is some initial info on the new FF3 Event coming up in Japan from Reddit

Banner 1

OK USB1 - Party Haste, MAG/MND/RES +30%, Quickcast Magic 3, self EX Mode "Sage" (MAG+30% and small BLK dmg up)
OK USB2 - Party Haste, ATK +50%, Critical = 50% and self EX Mode "Ninja" (ATK+30%, shorten cast time with consecutive actions up to 8 stages)

Refia USB
CoD USB
Ingus BSB2 - 8xST Earth physical dmg, party Earth Radiant Shield, Burst Mode
Cmd 1 - 3xST Earth/Non-ele physicial dmg, self Knight++ 3
Cmd 2 - Self ATK/DEF +50%
CoD BSB2 - 6xAoE Dark/Non-ele magic dmg, party MAG/MND +30%, Doom and Haste, Burst Mode
Cmd 1 - 3xST Dark/Non-ele magic dmg, self Darkness++ 3
Cmd 2 - 2xST Dark/Non-ele magic dmg, self DEF -30% / MAG +30%

Aria BSB
Arc BSB1
OK BSB
Refia BSB
OK LMR - Start battle with Instant Cast 2
Refia LMR
CoD LMR
Arc LMR
New LM

Onion Knight
LM1 - Medium(?) chance to double cast Celerity abilities
LM2 - Medium(?) chance to double cast Black Magic abilities

New Skills

Earth Bringer 5* Knight

2~4xST Earth physical dmg, no of hits scale with DEF.

Those Onion Knight USBs :getin:

Nephrite fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jul 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Charles Bukowski posted:

The only bursts I have for FF8 are for Edea and Fujin. Granted they are amazing mage bursts, but I got nothing for phys dudes. Future japan players, did the phys bsb/usbs for ff8 come back during the next fest?

Squall USB + BSB2 was on a 30th anniversary fest banner.The banner themes were console generations, so that banner also had Rinoa ice CSB, Cloud USB + BSB2, Zidane BSB2, etc. It was a pretty gross banner. 30th anniversary should be our next fest coming up in September-ish.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Why can't I play the crossword day 4? I keep tapping the day 4 button and getting either day 2 or day 3 :psyduck:

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

Why can't I play the crossword day 4? I keep tapping the day 4 button and getting either day 2 or day 3 :psyduck:

I'm getting day 1. No idea why.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I ended up splurging on an 11x pull because it's my birthday and why the gently caress not.

Ended up getting Seifer's USB, Laguna's Ice Imperil, Mighty Guard and a dupe Crescent Wish. I'm OK with this. Now I have a native hastega and another crescent wish to give to a caster.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Because DeNA. They didn't account for scrolling when they check the screen coordinates of the button you press, so if your phone's resolution is low enough that button 4 is off the screen you literally cannot access day 4.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Those OK USBs are some crazy poo poo

Nephrite posted:

Banner 1

OK USB1 - Party Haste, MAG/MND/RES +30%, Quickcast Magic 3, self EX Mode "Sage" (MAG+30% and small BLK dmg up)
OK USB2 - Party Haste, ATK +50%, Critical = 50% and self EX Mode "Ninja" (ATK+30%, shorten cast time with consecutive actions up to 8 stages)

Refia USB
CoD USB
Ingus BSB2 - 8xST Earth physical dmg, party Earth Radiant Shield, Burst Mode
Cmd 1 - 3xST Earth/Non-ele physicial dmg, self Knight++ 3
Cmd 2 - Self ATK/DEF +50%
CoD BSB2 - 6xAoE Dark/Non-ele magic dmg, party MAG/MND +30%, Doom and Haste, Burst Mode
Cmd 1 - 3xST Dark/Non-ele magic dmg, self Darkness++ 3
Cmd 2 - 2xST Dark/Non-ele magic dmg, self DEF -30% / MAG +30%

Aria BSB
Arc BSB1
OK BSB
Refia BSB
OK LMR - Start battle with Instant Cast 2
Refia LMR
CoD LMR
Arc LMR
New LM

Onion Knight

New Skills

Earth Bringer 5* Knight

2~4xST Earth physical dmg, no of hits scale with DEF.

What an insanely good banner. I can't help but notice there are no SSBs anymore, which is very welcome.

LM2 BM dualcast is pretty tasty, not really into that Celerity one though.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
I wanted Squall's bsb so I knew I wouldn't get it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByrTYj2nEdXTM3VMVlQ0YW9kQ1E/view?usp=drivesdk

Hell yeah I'll take that

Came with my first party haste relic too :q:

Anyone have advice on using Quistis? That sb is one of the best I've got but her ability pool is so small.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Jawdins posted:

I wanted Squall's bsb so I knew I wouldn't get it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByrTYj2nEdXTM3VMVlQ0YW9kQ1E/view?usp=drivesdk

Hell yeah I'll take that

Came with my first party haste relic too :q:

Anyone have advice on using Quistis? That sb is one of the best I've got but her ability pool is so small.

You can use spheres to get her to 4* white and 5* black magic. Also she can carry beakdowns.

Edit: Got the magic levels wrong.

Also I'm getting a google account error when I log in now. joy. :(

Geocities Homepage King fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 28, 2017

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
So I have a question.

How do you get the class motes (5* Thief, etc) to unlock abilities (Mug Bloodlust, etc)? Where do they even come from?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I feel like the jump in banner quality has gotten so dramatic in recent Japanese banners that it's definitely going to affect some of my upcoming planned pulls. Had been planning on about 4 total to be divided amongst the coming IV, V and VI banners, but sheesh, that FFTA banner and this III banner are arguably better than any Fest banners, including the 30th fest.

I'll still make some pulls, but I would encourage people to NOT WHALE on any banner between now and then unless you have some personal attachment to any one character.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Prism posted:

So I have a question.

How do you get the class motes (5* Thief, etc) to unlock abilities (Mug Bloodlust, etc)? Where do they even come from?

Torment dungeons. Geosgano should be up through the weekend if you want Mug Bloodlust, otherwise you'll have to wait a long while.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Prism posted:

So I have a question.

Originally there were given out as part of the Five Dooms event. But that's months past, and so now you can get them by clearing the first stages (Difficulty 200) of Torment dungeons.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Grrr, I'm getting the Google Account Unauthorized error again. I can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet. :argh:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Torment dungeons. Geosgano should be up through the weekend if you want Mug Bloodlust, otherwise you'll have to wait a long while.

Thanks! Got Geosgaeno 200 at least, not sure 250 is happening but that at least got me the thief motes.

Edit: Wait, I get 30? That seems generous, so I'm going to assume there are no more and I can only do this for a few people... at least for everyone but the first I only have to buy Use 6* Abilities, right?

Prism fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 28, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Nephrite posted:

Banner 1

Onion Knight

OK's USBs paired with the corresponding LMR would be delicious.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Prism posted:

Wait, I get 30? That seems generous, so I'm going to assume there are no more and I can only do this for a few people... at least for everyone but the first I only have to buy Use 6* Abilities, right?
It takes 5 class motes to get a character to 6* and 10 motes to make the 6* skill. You can get two characters to 6* + make two of the skill with the intent to shatter one for Crystals, or get four characters to 6* + make one of the skill.

The class motes do come back around in a different Torment dungeon. Thief motes are back in a future IX torment. http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/nightmare/ has details

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Uncle Ulty posted:

Grrr, I'm getting the Google Account Unauthorized error again. I can't believe this hasn't been fixed yet. :argh:

I got mine while literally in the middle of a T300 farm run. I got out, set my clock 1 day ahead, went back to FFRK, and it was cleared up no problem. Just remember to set your clock back when it's done.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

iPodschun posted:

It takes 5 class motes to get a character to 6* and 10 motes to make the 6* skill. You can get two characters to 6* + make two of the skill with the intent to shatter one for Crystals, or get four characters to 6* + make one of the skill.

The class motes do come back around in a different Torment dungeon. Thief motes are back in a future IX torment. http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/nightmare/ has details

Thank you, this is pretty much exactly what I needed! I'm just kind of breaking into the hard stuff and there's a lot to remember.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

OK's USBs paired with the corresponding LMR would be delicious.

Note those are actually just his regular, gained through Legend Dive LMs. And yeah, whatever Mythril I have left after I drown the TA banner to get what I want is going to this, for sure. Either one of those would be delightful to have, much less both to make OK an even more versatile tool.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Kinda tempted to unlock multiple copies of Mug Bloodlust and break the extras for crystals since I can't imagine running two people with the skill at the same time.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
I started playing when the recent 1/2 stamina realm thing rolled out, and this is the first time I actually started saving mythril.

Attempted to do Wave of Fangs D140 in the Type-0 event because I wanted to try and get my first MC3 lode, and got killed in the 2nd round of Coeurls. Anyone have tips on how I can optimize my team to have a better chance, or is it a bit out of my range still?

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/5tZu

I also did the 100 gem pull for FF8 and got Mighty Guard, would that help at all? Anything worth getting in the current banners for me? Any tips in general on what direction I should be going would be appreciated.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

jebeebus posted:

I started playing when the recent 1/2 stamina realm thing rolled out, and this is the first time I actually started saving mythril.

Attempted to do Wave of Fangs D140 in the Type-0 event because I wanted to try and get my first MC3 lode, and got killed in the 2nd round of Coeurls. Anyone have tips on how I can optimize my team to have a better chance, or is it a bit out of my range still?

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/5tZu

I also did the 100 gem pull for FF8 and got Mighty Guard, would that help at all? Anything worth getting in the current banners for me? Any tips in general on what direction I should be going would be appreciated.

Your hones are super low. You may be better off with lower * abilities that you have more hones for. It looks like you'll run out of gas before you can use any of your soul breaks. You've also got Ramza, Fran, and Tyro who are all more or less support type heroes with only Jecht bringing damage. You should try using Yda's burst, as it will be a lot more useful than Fran who only has 2 hones each of the fire sharpshooter skills.

Otherwise, you are still waiting for Tyro's RM to drop. In the meantime, you should work on getting Cloud to 65 and getting Mako Might RM. Those will drastically increase your ability to tackle difficult content.

Banner 1 of the FF8 event is good for physical heroes. You have Shout, which means it'll be immediately useful for you. Seifer and Squall are very good characters.

Banner 2 is more mage oriented. You don't have a lot, so it would give you something for bosses who need to be fought with magic. On the other hand, it won't be as immediately useful. But Fujin, Rinoa, and Edea are all excellent.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Kinda tempted to unlock multiple copies of Mug Bloodlust and break the extras for crystals since I can't imagine running two people with the skill at the same time.

I did this with some of the 6* abilities and I really wish I hadn't. Now I have a few characters who could really use, say, Snowspell Strike, but I crafted two instead and got a few extra crystals.

I guess more of these class notes are coming in future Torment dungeons eventually, but crystals pop up in almost every event. Not a ton, but they're there.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I did this with some of the 6* abilities and I really wish I hadn't. Now I have a few characters who could really use, say, Snowspell Strike, but I crafted two instead and got a few extra crystals.

I guess more of these class notes are coming in future Torment dungeons eventually, but crystals pop up in almost every event. Not a ton, but they're there.

On the other hand, Snowspell, Mug Bloodlust, and Sky High are really the only Mote 6* abilities worth paying much attention to. Maybe Lifebane, since it's basically a slightly different Omega Drive with a more limited userbase. Stitch in Time will become better later and is good if you have Fujin relics, but for now it's basically a wasted slot on any other character than can use it. Demonsblood is only nice if enemies respect aggro (they usually don't, so it becomes "Flashing Blade but harder to hone"), and Aegis Strike uses the crappy Armor Strike damage formula so it's only really good if you need physical Holy AoE and don't have, say, almost any knight-based burst. Penalty Strike is just out and out trash.

Allegro Con Moto will be okay when we get it, but that's likely not happening until the FF4 torment, when they're literally forced to give us Bard Motes since there's no reason they can say "Global and Japan are two different games, please understand". They've tried changing around quest rewards before and almost universally hosed it up every single time. (See also: Wakka MC1)

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jul 29, 2017

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I'm just now able to start breaking into 5* abilities. The consensus I'm seeing online seems to be "go with whatever skill the most people can use," which makes sense, but I don't want to buy a bad skill just because of my current situation.

I've decided that a 5* Combat skill is probably the best bet, since Combat is so ubiquitous, and I'm not sure to go for Barrage or Full Charge. Is the wait worth the big damage?

I've also learned that Meteor is a pretty key skill as well. Thoughts?

jebeebus posted:

Even after the help this thread has given me and the additional days to build up some specific counters to the event, I'm still unable to do it. I have another go in about ten minutes and I've decided that with basically perfect play I can do it.

It's stressful to not have an AoE team.

e: holy poo poo JUST beat it with one dead and four at 1/4 health. Jesus.

:toot:

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jul 29, 2017

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Get Full Break to r2 first thing.

I've never used meteor and usually run with a mage team. AFAIK it isn't good, so I'm not sure where you are getting your advice.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Barrage and meteor are junk. Full Charge is good combo'd with chaincharge but really you should be trying to get Full Break to R2 as KPC_Mammon said.

Who are in your A team party? We can find some better uses for your orbs.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I was literally googling "best 5 star abilities" and getting Gamefaqs links so not sure if that's credible or what :v:

After Full Break R2, what are good options?

A-team is currently Reks, Ramza, Fran, [Flex], [Healer], where flex is: Vayne, Auron, Gilgamesh (potentially Basch), and my healers are Penelo and Larsa.

Working on a Mage DPS team of Terra/Vivi/Marach.

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jul 29, 2017

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

ceaselessfuture posted:

I was literally googling "best 5 star abilities" and getting Gamefaqs links so not sure if that's credible or what :v:

Really it ends up depending on your crew. Things like Full Charge, Chain- spells, sharpshooter 5* stuff, spellblade 5* stuff, ect can all be good. It mostly ends up depending on what you can either support or need to fill gaps in your setups to cover elemental weaknesses and such.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ceaselessfuture posted:

A-team is currently Reks, Ramza, Fran, [Flex], [Healer], where flex is: Vayne, Auron, Gilgamesh (potentially Basch), and my healers are Penelo and Larsa.

Working on a Mage DPS team of Terra/Vivi/Marach.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4hbewc/expanding_your_options_endgame_ability_creation/?st=iu0bnu1l&sh=53a1bb68

This is a really useful guide for prioritizing your abilities. I'd focus on getting the 4* abilities listed up to snuff first, with the exception of Full Break which is the only 5* ability I'd consider mandatory.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 29, 2017

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

ceaselessfuture posted:

Meteor is an excellent skill and I use it all the time.

However I also crafted and honed it in 2015, which is probably when those gamefags posts are dated. It was and still is a luxury.

At this point with the amount of MAG recent relics give a Ruinga should do plenty of AoE Magic damage for you.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Hey, buddy, could you not?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Oh yeah, might as well make a post about this since it made me quite happy: decided to go after the Terra banner in JP after all just because I didn't have too many dupes and the Celes LMR would be really good since Celes is on my A-Team. I did not get that LMR and my first pull was kind of disappointing because it was a dupe Terra OSB and her LMR. But I decided to pull again and I was justly rewarded for my faith.

Terror has finally come home to reign, and she already wrecked the hell out of the Behemoth Mote boss with my R3 Meltdown. :getin:

Also, since that was my third Blood Sword and the USB sword is also a magical sword I decided to tidy up a bit.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Caved and pulled on FF8 - Seifer LMR and SSB. The SSB in particular seems better than most SSB's, but still I was pulling hoping for a BSB or USB, since I had none but Quistis's.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I had up to 2 pulls planned for this event's second banner, IV's 1st banner, and V's 1st banner.

Has Japan had enough power creep that I shouldn't bother with two pulls? I have no dupes and I'm in dire need of water/ice relics. I'd also really like some magic wind relics. My IV and V synergy is also really bad.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Well, there are two really good ice banners (not counting fest banners; note that there are two elemental-themed fests coming down the line but they both pair ice with at least one other element) in the next 6 months or so. Tomorrow night's FF8 banner 2 has Rinoa's Ice Chain, Edea's excellent BSB, and Rinoa's BSB2 (plus other good prizes for wind in Fujin's OSB, BSB, and SSB). Then, about 5-6 months down the line, there's the next FF13 event, which has a really stellar banner for ice with Noel's USB (instant attack, imperil ice, triplebreak), Serah's USB (ice mage clone of Lightning's USB), Snow's USB (damage, ice radiant shield + ice retaliate), Snow's BSB2 (onion clone entry with physical ice commands), Serah's BSB2 (ice mage clone of Lightning's BSB2), and Serah's LMR (ice mage clone of Lightning's LMR; sensing a theme?), plus a couple other goodies like Vanille's BSB. That one is the best concentrated ice banner for the forseeable future, but it's waaaaay down the line.

As for water, there's a great water banner in an FFX event which is like 4 months down the line, with Tidus's USB/CSB/BSB2 plus some other watery stuff.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Once we are at Japan's fabled no SSB pulls you'll be looking six months ahead again and the power creep is incredible, why would you pull on a banner with only four 6*s when Japan's got 7*s and 6*s with the lone BSB being the loser price. This keeps happening. People were skipping 2nd anniversary because EXTREME FEST was looking so hot. Then people were skipping "Extreme Fest" because 30th is looking insane. Now we're saying 30th doesn't look so hot compared to OK banner.

Pull for your favorites, friend.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Once we are at Japan's fabled no SSB pulls you'll be looking six months ahead again and the power creep is incredible, why would you pull on a banner with only four 6*s when Japan's got 7*s and 6*s with the lone BSB being the loser price. This keeps happening. People were skipping 2nd anniversary because EXTREME FEST was looking so hot. Then people were skipping "Extreme Fest" because 30th is looking insane. Now we're saying 30th doesn't look so hot compared to OK banner.

Pull for your favorites, friend.

I concur with this. If you're still new then it pays to be a little mercenary and strategic until you have a wide-base of tools, but once you are established the only point to reserving pulls is for a better banner for your faves (looking at you FFTA Banner 1).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

There's 7* relics now?

• Locked thread