Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
simplifying, as white people have collectively offloaded conceptions of emotive 'weakness' onto black people through stereotypes, they have offloaded all the weaknesses of the rational ideal onto asians lol. them hapa boys never stood a chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
if you share a story like that you've gotta also ascertain whether you've been a secret white supremecist or not

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

this was the best 48hrs

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

augias posted:

U do work in finance so its an easy conclusion to reach

ur thinking of that financially racist guy

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Homeless Friend posted:

simplifying, as white people have collectively offloaded conceptions of emotive 'weakness' onto black people through stereotypes, they have offloaded all the weaknesses of the rational ideal onto asians lol. them hapa boys never stood a chance

you would think that native asian people would get it worse
but lolno they have national culture industries, esp korea
so this is really a symptom of asian dudes alienated from a culture in which they're portrayed as the handsome ones
white people are funny lookin' ok

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

this was the best 48hrs

years of content, years of posts, years of our lives spent together in 48 hours

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
So I'm assuming Tucker scheduled Dilbert in advance to talk about how great this healthcare bill will be for business, then just promoted him to Secretary of State when they needed a distraction instead

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

this was the best 48hrs

what a way to go out

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/29/asia/north-korea-intercontinental-ballistic-missile-test/index.html

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
ive had better times than the last 48 hours, tbh, but its pretty good regardless

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

Tiler Kiwi posted:

ive had better times than the last 48 hours, tbh, but its pretty good regardless

much better than the "is the world gonna end" feeling of the night of the election in which i made use of about half a bottle of bourbon
death is certain tho

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

punchymcpunch posted:

oh but you can, its called UK Dr Pepper

It looks like they recently started using some artificial sweetners in the UK version, to cut back on the amount of actual sugar. It also appears that for a while there was something called Heritage Dr Pepper that was like the Dublin formula only more readily available. I don't see it on their current products page on their website.

So basically, gently caress Dr Pepper.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Agronox posted:

kinda shocked that the base model has a shorter range than the chevy bolt.

well, nissan has the Leaf v. 2 reveal in september, we'll see how that is

elon musk is a showboater peak capitalist rear end in a top hat and it's loving hilarious that their ugly rear end car with a big retarded tablet display doesn't have as good of a range as the bolt which is about as expensive

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
soft drinks seem remarkably resilient to true market segmentation
the most ridiculous kombuchas and poo poo can't afford to be more than $5/bottle

same deal with soju i guess
moon jaein drinks the same soju as the average schmuck
altho the guy does a lot of things systematically the same as the average schmuck
it helps differentiate you from the billion-dollar cultist i guess

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

tucker's great great great grandfather has some really strong genes ngl

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the model s/x are six figure cars once you spec them out and they have shitloads of problems, i'm gonna lol so hard at how many issues a model half the price will have

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

seriously lmao at dropping 100k or more on a tesla, just lmao

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

enabling the self driving is 3k lmao

paying 3k to kill yourself

i love capitalism

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

is someone here a rocket scientist. Someone told me that just because they could theoretically hit a city here it's a long way from there to actually mounting a warhead but I can't find a tl;dr answer

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I wish I could drop like 1k on a th900 tbh.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
i sort of imagine that they rushed the shipping enormously to ship the 3 before the next economic recession
the roadster came out 2008, so after that period they had tailwinds the entire time, and they couldn't have done it without the ridiculous financing they got the entire way, public and private

money is the cheapest right now that it's been in all of human history, and tesla was one of the few super-capital-limited companies in this time

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

triple sulk posted:

enabling the self driving is 3k lmao

paying 3k to kill yourself

i love capitalism

Aren't most Teslas sold in Norway due to government discounts?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

triple sulk posted:

elon musk is a showboater peak capitalist rear end in a top hat and it's loving hilarious that their ugly rear end car with a big retarded tablet display doesn't have as good of a range as the bolt which is about as expensive

Elon Musk was insulted when people asked him to take a picture of them with some stars from Silicon Valley lmbo

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

is someone here a rocket scientist. Someone told me that just because they could theoretically hit a city here it's a long way from there to actually mounting a warhead but I can't find a tl;dr answer

the space race was in large part a way of figuring out things that helped in doing that, to up the reliability, to unfuck the controls, be able to practice without getting your face smashed in, etc etc
tldr: expect a norker in space in a tin can soon

curufinor has issued a correction as of 06:26 on Jul 29, 2017

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
i mean, a lot of the excesses of the valley companies in this period have basically been caused from them literally having too much money

"can't do dividends, what do"
"hmm can do rsu's do that"
"ok, still have $200 billion lying around"
"uhh... cars?"

bumble
Oct 15, 2012

R U HOT YET?
wow, i can't believe garrison finally drew a realistic trump

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

punchymcpunch posted:

looks like it owns to me

https://goo.gl/images/ymmBXx

Zas posted:

pro tip, you should give your entire inheritance to people fighting the us prison system

only if they're fighting it with guns

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
not me, because i'm a huge coward, but some courageous upper middle class person should buy like $50k of guns, give em to black people and have them march somewhere

legally

that was what got reagan to sign gun control

if it got reagan to do it, it'll get any republican to do it

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

bumble posted:

wow, i can't believe garrison finally drew a realistic trump

yessss

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

curufinor posted:

i sort of imagine that they rushed the shipping enormously to ship the 3 before the next economic recession
the roadster came out 2008, so after that period they had tailwinds the entire time, and they couldn't have done it without the ridiculous financing they got the entire way, public and private

money is the cheapest right now that it's been in all of human history, and tesla was one of the few super-capital-limited companies in this time

almost every single other thing i've heard is teslas are an utter shitshow and, surprise, electric parts break down a lot in different ways from a traditional engine

of course some car manufacturers will do this better but teslas do nothing but break and they're a loving nightmare to get fixed because it's not some poo poo you can take to one of the million chevy/ford/nissan/honda/etc dealerships out there, and you're paying 100k+ for the privilege to beta test their garbage

meanwhile they totally miss the loving point of why people buy six figure cars

tesla is pretty much dead within 3-5 years imo once the model 3 comes out and underwhelms compared to stuff like the bolt which isn't perfect but is already way ahead because chevy et al have more money and a century of experience

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i actually got a ride in the voice of homers testicle once and for the brief 5 minute ride i was transfixed by the giant screen that takes up the entire divider between the passenger and drivers seat

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

this was the best 48hrs

Moochy: there's a new sherrif in town

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hmm yes which car would i like

this

or this piece of poo poo

https://twitter.com/TeslaMotors/status/891151205652508673

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i started watchiung some inspirational ted talks and now i feel like garbage and gently caress you!!!!!!!!!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

da mooch

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
that chevy interior looks cool but i have a 2008 malibu and its falling apart and ive sworn off GM

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

Is bogus journey the one where they drop the F bomb?

yo bill these evil robot uses are totally fuckin dickheads dude

thats right ted ffffffuckabees station!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
volvo is makin a plug in hybrid version of the S90 and I think that might be pretty cool

i kinda want my next car to be electric somehow or another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I was gonna work more on that picture but :effort:

thank you for following through!!

• Locked thread