Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Universe Master posted:

Love the scared shitless nazi soldier and the slightly impressed Hitler.

They are definitely interesting people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Guy Mann posted:

Going by the store listing I think so.

Oh it's literally in the title :doh:

This is one of the most inexplicable combinations I've ever seen:

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.
I feel like you could almost build a story around these characters.. The two white guys are clearly pirates who have invaded the island paradise of guy on the left, which is why he is so nervous. He's going back to the village to summon the great spider rider and banish the white devils!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Blue guy is the evil cackling villain working in cahoots with skeleton spider riding dude. Tribal guy is the unwitting protagonist, with the dude in the helmet being the stalwart general that has enlisted him to fight the spider machine army.

edit: Horizon: Zero Bricks

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
According to this helpful comic, Skeleton Joe was summoned by the Evil Queen Mauve to steal Tribal Tom's priceless lollipops:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

King Vidiot posted:

According to this helpful comic, Skeleton Joe was summoned by the Evil Queen Mauve to steal Tribal Tom's priceless lollipops:

An older story there isn't!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
If you have a Ghibli fan in your life you can get a music box that plays the song from Castle in the Sky for a buck fifty.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:qq: :h:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Guy Mann posted:

If you have a Ghibli fan in your life you can get a music box that plays the song from Castle in the Sky for a buck fifty.

This will be the first thing I've ordered from AliExpress :toot:

Excited to find out if I even get one that plays the right song.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm just hoping that the one they're making for the collector's edition of Undertale winds up on AE like every other piece of gaming bric a brac.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cph6XMXRKzY&t=93s

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Guy Mann posted:

and here's to go even further
apparently not the best quality though

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Is it ok to buy a USB hub from AE, or is that one of those things that ocassionally explode when too cheap?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeaaaa nah.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mike12345 posted:

Is it ok to buy a USB hub from AE, or is that one of those things that ocassionally explode when too cheap?

More likely you just won't get enough power or something. My dad was a big fan of Cheapest Chinese USB hubs and none of them work properly.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Other posted:

and here's to go even further
apparently not the best quality though

This is awesome but somehow I don't trust that narrow pole to hold up the whole thing and also spin it, also $75 is about $73.50 more than I would spend on something from AliExpress

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

This will be the first thing I've ordered from AliExpress :toot:

Excited to find out if I even get one that plays the right song.

It'll be the correct song, as performed by Optimus Prime

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

mike12345 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioAq7PI1Uwg

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That video led me to a review of an electric buttplug.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClSch3zLC0k

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lodin posted:

That video led me to a review of an electric buttplug.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClSch3zLC0k

I prefer the Canadian version but Big Clive is fun too,

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008
The goddamn flippy card game is killing me. I just bought 5 meters of 1cm wide purple reflective tape because I had a coupon for a dollar off and I have a real problem saying no to impulse purchases that cost less than a dollar.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Best gift 33cm Doll figurine Traditional Chinese Art doll girl statue Xishi with copper AK-47 in hand On Square Wooden Base

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Maybe it's just all the episodes of MST3K I am watching but I wonder why this movie was never made.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Maybe it's just all the episodes of MST3K I am watching but I wonder why this movie was never made.

You don't remember the Chinese doll with the AK from the Devil Doll episode? It was the most notable thing about the movie, other than William Sylvester, who also appeared in Riding with Death and Gorgo.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I searched for MST3K and found only t-shirts, plan 9: only a shirt, Bela Lugosi: nothing.
I did find this under vampire:

If I knew any annoying goths I'd totally put on a pretentious campy makeup and that and proceed to make fun of the goths.

BLEEEHHH!

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Aug 2, 2017

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
NSFW

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fat...38-ff55a35ec733

Today's flash deal.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

That's some primo avatar material :discourse:

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012
Any suggestions for toys or anything cool that uses 9volt batteries (those rectangular ones)?

At work we change out 9volt batteries from some equipment on a schedule, so every quarter i have a bag of half charged 9volt batteries.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

ianmacdo posted:

Any suggestions for toys or anything cool that uses 9volt batteries (those rectangular ones)?

At work we change out 9volt batteries from some equipment on a schedule, so every quarter i have a bag of half charged 9volt batteries.

How would you feel about shooting lasers into your nose?

Edit: product in action shot! This could be you!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Wifi Toilet posted:

How would you feel about shooting lasers into your nose?

Edit: product in action shot! This could be you!

at least you can't electrocute yourself with a 9v powerfulcell

really hope this kind of advertising takes off

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Didn't find anything on AE but I always thought that this type of snap on flashlights is cool:
https://www.dorcy.com/flashlight-with-9v-alkaline-battery

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Recent buys:

Rare earth magnet discs, 100 for $1.29

Never-fail emergency can opener, also good for camping, $1.86

Jar spoon $1.19

Cute whale picks, $1.12

Incredibly lovely spice holder thing, $11, which is like $300 in aliexpress money, but wow, look at this

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Didn't find anything on AE but I always thought that this type of snap on flashlights is cool:
https://www.dorcy.com/flashlight-with-9v-alkaline-battery

That is cool, just the sort of thing I am looking for. Super surprised it's not on AE.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That has one hell of a profit margin.

e: Did a bit of checking and yeah I can get it cheaper from Not China. In America they're even cheaper, about 50 cents.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 4, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

e: Did a bit of checking and yeah I can get it cheaper from Not China. In America they're even cheaper, about 50 cents.

Where at? I'd been trying to find one a while.

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yeah, my local Army/Navy surplus has a candy dish full of P-38's they're stupid common and cheap.

Edit: Pick, just do a Google shopping search for "P-38 can opener"

Duh Ugh fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Aug 4, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pick posted:

Where at? I'd been trying to find one a while.

In the US? I just Googled "surplus army can opener". I guess shipping is what'd get you if you don't have a surplus store nearby.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/us-military-surplus-p-38-can-openers-100-pack-new?a=372726 tho :newlol:

e: Of course you can Google it in your language of choice to get local results. The Swedish army's model is basically the same, for instance.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
yeah it's the shipping that gets ya

also that it might not be worth 80 cents to find and go to a surplus store idk

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Pick posted:

It's always worth $0.80 :c00lbutt: Besides surplus stores are tits if you can find a good one.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pick posted:

Oh yeah I just meant that they literally cost next to nothing to make or ship. Good on whoever manages to sell them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Duh Ugh posted:

It's always worth $0.80 :c00lbutt: Besides surplus stores are tits if you can find a good one.

The only big one in this country is also a bar.

e: They also like to advertise Yugoslavian surplus merchandise as genocide stuff. Like "genocide parka" or "genocide beret".

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Aug 4, 2017