Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Found it.

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/890285613764706304

:gary: at David Braben trolling Citizen Con date (Normally held the weekend nearest the 10th of October but for some reason CIG is holding Citizen Con on 27th of October this year) American Satan is an upcoming American thriller film written by Ash Avildsen and Matty Beckerman. It is set to be released in theaters on Friday the 13th of October 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

XK posted:

Last I really checked on WTFo, he was running super repetitive missions in the PU, grabbing cigars or whatever, and just starting to play Star Marine. It looks like he's running Star Marine now. So, that must've been 8 months ago I last checked on him.

If he's been running Star Marine for the last 8 months, I can see how that would make somebody lose their mind. The PU is bad enough, but, Star Marine, come on.
He's played Star Citizen over 13,000 hours.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

SelenicMartian posted:

Citizens arrive at the con site, Sandi shows them her movie getting the largest audience of her career.

Could you imagine if that actually happens. Your hardest of your hardcore backers paying to be there. To a movie...and spaceship talk.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

skaboomizzy posted:

That is some pro-tier empty tech-business talk right there.
Yeah, I remember that time when Blizzard released zero products to the public while promising the moon and stars to subscribers.

No, wait, in a decade we got SC2, Overwatch, D3, multiple WoW expansions, Hearthstone, HotS, bringing in literal billions in revenue.

Yup, totally the same as SC! :thumbsup:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

No Mods No Masters posted:

I wish I could play video games for a living

*monkey's paw finger curls, star marine appears on desktop*

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
The more I hang around that stream, the more Scientology-esque CIG looks.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

lol this movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mutMh1RMkCE

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Everyone say hi to wtfosaurus, he supposedly has an account

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
hi wtfosaurus, i hope your mental health is okay outside of the streaming stuff

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

What in the ever loving gently caress is this?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Furious Mittens posted:

What in the ever loving gently caress is this?

Dunno, but look forward to sandi gardiner in the pivotal role of "Vic's Mom"

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
not at pc. somebody save the wtf twitch video before he deletes it

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/162904617

yikes, just watch the first several minutes

Honestly sounds like he's been drinking and gone straight to "depressed drunk".

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Foo Diddley posted:

I'm a few pages late but

Ahahahahahahaha

I'll admit that Horizons wasn't the be all end all, but we got avatars, multi crew (sorta), planetary landings, ground vehicles, personalized ship names, etc. Way loving more than Croberts & Co. have accomplished. And Horizons plus the base game was no more than a single AAA title. The thing that pisses me off the most about the Shitizens is how they poo poo on other real functional games that are good and fun.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Esposito posted:

hi wtfosaurus, i hope your mental health is okay outside of the streaming stuff

since he spent 12,000 hours streaming Star Citizen while looking like a prisoner of war i think this question answers itself.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Liu posted:

is the big 3.0 surprise a delta patcher

The surprise is that it's actually a gamma patcher — it randomly decays into far more inoffensive, but also completely useless stuff.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

That video is depressing, and this guy should definitely take a break from the internet.

Buutttt.... I don't get why he gets so snappy when ppl suggest playing another game?

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

BeigeJacket posted:

That video is depressing, and this guy should definitely take a break from the internet.

Buutttt.... I don't get why he gets so snappy when ppl suggest playing another game?

That's because the "True Believers" have descended on his stream to talk him back from the edge.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
matt sherman

quote:

Realistically, if it's not something already detailed out on the 3.0 report, don't bank on it being a surprise-addition to the patch.

Though with any new feature, keep in mind, it's our first implementation, so it won't be every-single-potential-aspect of item2.0 all at once. It's our new baseline to keep building off of into the future.

no secret dev build

xXAdmiralBekHarXx fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 29, 2017

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I posted this to WTFo stream:

quote:

Hey, WTFo, have a little respect for yourself and just stop. This game is over. Stream some Friday the 13th, or PUBG. Just do something fun man. You're a good streamer, don't waste that talent on this trash. I want to see you be Jason and kill someone.

I was banned in literally 2 seconds.

By the way, Beet, I heard you comment on the F13 game in your stream. It is buggy as poo poo, but I've watched hours and hours of streams for it, because it's fun as poo poo. It all depends on the group you get.

$40 is a bit much, you are right, it really should be like $20-25. Still looks fun though, and I love watching streams of it, by people I like at least.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

BeigeJacket posted:

You just don't understand, Star Citizen is not just a video game!!!

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

BeigeJacket posted:

because he was totally banking on being the next LoL streamer in the star citizen category

tbh I think it's karma coming full circle; when he would get a few hundred viewers he viewed his supporters as peons who should be thankful to be supporting him

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Furious Mittens posted:

Ayup. It's a cult.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
When you can't even pay people to play your product you know you're hosed.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Furious Mittens posted:

Nah, Scientology attracts actors who are actually successful.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

CIG = Christ, It's Garbage

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lol

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Are procedural birds in yet?

Can i catch and tame a bird and have it be my pet? Can i name him Falco?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

skaboomizzy posted:

Nah, Scientology attracts actors who are actually successful.

Ouch.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Can't wait for 2017's new hot cinematic take on Rock'n'Roll's relationship with the Devil

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

By virtue of actually existing this terrible movie is still better than star citizen, so I suppose I can understand delaying citizencon for its premiere

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

XK posted:

I posted this to WTFo stream:

I was banned in literally 2 seconds.

By the way, Beet, I heard you comment on the F13 game in your stream. It is buggy as poo poo, but I've watched hours and hours of streams for it, because it's fun as poo poo. It all depends on the group you get.

$40 is a bit much, you are right, it really should be like $20-25. Still looks fun though, and I love watching streams of it, by people I like at least.

A kind goon gifted me a copy :D

Also, hi WTFO. Sorry for stream sniping you kind of. If you feel the need to keep streaming a bad game made by bad people you should try Mechwarrior Online.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beet Wagon posted:

Also, hi WTFO. Sorry for stream sniping you kind of. If you feel the need to keep streaming a bad game made by bad people you should try Mechwarrior Online.
He's playing CS:GO now. He said he has an account but he's not MoMA because that would be "too obvious" lol.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Not only do I not understand game development, I'm also apparently totally in the dark about versioning.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

If you'd have told me when I was 16 that I could get payed for playing games i'd have *imagine me doing something really stupid here* of course now it just seems like it would be a really miserable thing to get into cause the good streamers who aren't irritating fucks have to play alot to get noticed and the rest are all punchable vapid twats.

It's like the same old HS jock rags to NFL riches lottery-chance story, every tryhard game streamers wants to be the next PewDiePie raking in the millions of views using the same overbearingly loud and annoying personalities then gets surprised it doesn't work.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beet Wagon posted:

Are you going to stream tonight? After watching so many hours, and being on a computer where I can't play it myself, I want to backseat game so bad.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

kinda expecting to see Sandi

was not disappointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

XK posted:

Are you going to stream tonight? After watching so many hours, and being on a computer where I can't play it myself, I want to backseat game so bad.

Eh, probably not tonight. The wife has the night off from studying, so I'll probably hang out with her.