Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toasticle
Jul 18, 2003

Hay guys, out this Rape
Haven't played in 18 months or so, came back for the necro and gambled a stack shards on my Demon Hunter that I got to 70 probably 3 years ago and never did anything with. Got 5th piece of shadow mantle and decided to give it a try. Yesterday breezed through my first ever GR70. First primal was unsanctified shoulders so not a puzzle ring at least.

So here's my 'I have no idea what I'm doing' https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Toasticle-1974/hero/70399645

Don't even have a slot in my neck piece, was rolling for a slot and got the 9.5% crit. Enchants have just been "Max out Crit/Cooldown/life on hit" with the first set pieces I have while I look for optimized pieces, but I don't know what I should be looking for. Blew some legendary gems on the ancients pieces because I have so drat many 40-50 level gems.

So what SHOULD I be looking for? Is going for Crit/Crit amount/Life on hit a good strategy? So far got my cooldown to 95% vengeance uptime, 60.5% crit for 350-something % and 125k life on hit.

Impale build is a blast. Thought 8B hits on my thorns sader was nice till this guy was doing 30b. Power shrine and a CoE lightning got a 122b crit.

And stupid question on Bane of the Trapped: Does it benefit from multiple control effects, like slow+stun or multiple slows?

gently caress me I just saw the Demon Hunter thread...nevermind!

Toasticle fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jul 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
So each season seems to have a stash tab - does that add a stash tab to your non seasonal characters? If so, if you didn't play during previous seasons you'll always be behind in total stash tabs? Or is there a way to catch up?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

once you hit 4 from seasons you're capped out, so you'll be able to catch up

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Whats the best way to get Arachyr's set, or is it just GR hell until i complete it

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

spit on my clit posted:

Whats the best way to get Arachyr's set, or is it just GR hell until i complete it

Speed run T13 rifts to completion, not just the boss. Hunt elites.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Speed run T13 rifts to completion, not just the boss. Hunt elites.
This part is objectively wrong. Unless you kill the boss on a really good floor that is worth finishing due to monster density or type (typically large, outdoor maps like graveyard, weeping hollow, fields of misery, etc) then there is no reason to continue instead of closing and opening a new rift. The odds of item drops, map layouts, and goblin packs are the same regardless plus you will get more blood shards over the same time span with which to gamble.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Friendly reminder, bumping up difficult for rifts at the cost of speed is a bad decision. If you can't chew through the content with gold wrap, boon of the hoarder and avarice band, you should be doing a lower rift level.

If you are looking for set pieces which can be gambled easily (not weapons, rings and amulets) greater rifts will get you blood shards the fastest and are the best way to get that piece.

If you are looking for the expensive to gamble for pieces, death's breath from regular rifts are the way to go, use them to upgrade rares.

If you have the correct pieces but they sucks, bounties are the answer, constant reforging is the most efficient way to get a particular ancient, but only do this for hard to gamble for slots.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
How about reforging hellfire amulets? Will it change the passive and can they roll ancient that way? This is the first time I've ever played a build that used hellfire so IDK if I should just be farming and crafting in mass or reforging.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

How about reforging hellfire amulets? Will it change the passive and can they roll ancient that way? This is the first time I've ever played a build that used hellfire so IDK if I should just be farming and crafting in mass or reforging.

Farming materials and crafting new hellfires is superior in every way to reforging existing hellfires.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
Sorry if I missed this anywhere, but is there a way to play with goons? Do we have a Discord or a Guild?

Either way, my Steam ID is TeaLizard#1287 so feel free to add me/add me to your guild :)

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
lol if you don't play Hellfire on repeat as you farm for hellfire amulet materials

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Marketing New Brain posted:

Friendly reminder, bumping up difficult for rifts at the cost of speed is a bad decision. If you can't chew through the content with gold wrap, boon of the hoarder and avarice band, you should be doing a lower rift level.

If you are looking for set pieces which can be gambled easily (not weapons, rings and amulets) greater rifts will get you blood shards the fastest and are the best way to get that piece.

If you are looking for the expensive to gamble for pieces, death's breath from regular rifts are the way to go, use them to upgrade rares.

If you have the correct pieces but they sucks, bounties are the answer, constant reforging is the most efficient way to get a particular ancient, but only do this for hard to gamble for slots.

Am I reading this right in that I should be upgrading rares for rings/amulets?

Pretty much the last poo poo I need for my build aside from a weapon for the cube.

Aaod
May 29, 2004

Slackerish posted:

Sorry if I missed this anywhere, but is there a way to play with goons? Do we have a Discord or a Guild?

Either way, my Steam ID is TeaLizard#1287 so feel free to add me/add me to your guild :)

Join the LLJK chat channel.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

You can't reforge hellfires

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Hobold posted:

Am I reading this right in that I should be upgrading rares for rings/amulets?

Pretty much the last poo poo I need for my build aside from a weapon for the cube.

Yes. You can actually gamble rings, which isn't a great use of shards but it only costs 50 vs 25. Amulets cost 100 shards, so you should never gamble them, you are getting effectively 1/4 the value from your shards. Death breath on the other hand don't care and just give you a random legendary of that type, which can gets even better from a small item pool, like for instance necromancer scythes.

Another way of thinking about it is death's breath are like a guaranteed hit off kadala. So if you get legendary from her on average 1/20 gambles (I have no idea if this is right it's just an example) upgrading a ring turns 25 death breath into effectively 20x50 shards. Amulets are then 20x100 shards, so it's even more lucrative to upgrade them if that's what you are searching for.

Weapons would be 20x75 shards but since you can narrow down type from upgrading specific rares it's actually even better than that, and a reason you never gamble weapons from kadala and always upgrade rates or reforge.

e: TLDR never upgrade rares that are armor pieces you can gamble for 25 shards. The two exceptions to this I know of are Mask of Jeram and the monk LTK spirit stone, which are rare and have an enormous pool due to all the legendary helmets and the class specific helmets, and so upgrading rare voodoo masks/spirit stones for these specific items is fine.

Marketing New Brain fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 29, 2017

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I am very dumb. I was getting really pissed because I couldn't seem to find the Flawless Royal recipes when I got to the point of making those gems so I've been doing bounty runs and not getting the recipes and didn't realize I already had them until a read a post about the filter being set to "Have Materials" by default. I already had them all.

:negative:

Edit: At least I had real good luck reforging legendaries into ancients today. With the flawless royals and a handful of new ancients I moved up like 15 GR levels without much difficulty.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
If I had the full Zunimassa's set on, using the Wormwood staff (lets say I had the ring that reduces the needed pieces for set bonuses by 1 on), would Wormwood's Locust Swarm still count as a mana spender?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Finally got the 2nd Shenlong, and now I've moved up to t7, and running 3-4m GR 35s.

Marketing New Brain posted:

e: TLDR never upgrade rares that are armor pieces you can gamble for 25 shards. The two exceptions to this I know of are Mask of Jeram and the monk LTK spirit stone, which are rare and have an enormous pool due to all the legendary helmets and the class specific helmets, and so upgrading rare voodoo masks/spirit stones for these specific items is fine.

Awesome. That'll help narrow down some of these more rear end in a top hat pieces without pissing away shards.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Swilo posted:

This part is objectively wrong. Unless you kill the boss on a really good floor that is worth finishing due to monster density or type (typically large, outdoor maps like graveyard, weeping hollow, fields of misery, etc) then there is no reason to continue instead of closing and opening a new rift. The odds of item drops, map layouts, and goblin packs are the same regardless plus you will get more blood shards over the same time span with which to gamble.

Gambling blood shards sucks rear end compared to 4 player item find t13 bonus, especially if you're looking for an item that isn't 25 shards a gamble. And if you're good and well geared the time it takes to gamble and reset is better spent nuking elite packs. Plus the amount of shards you get from a neph rift is nothing compared to a grift.

Play the rift until it stops being dense.

Signed,

World #15 Season 11 Demon Hunter

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 30, 2017

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

The person asking for or getting advice on how to do blood shard gambling isn't running a 4-player t13 rift.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

ZypherIM posted:

The person asking for or getting advice on how to do blood shard gambling isn't running a 4-player t13 rift.

Well maybe he should. Play this game with friends while drinking and being rowdy.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

If I had the full Zunimassa's set on, using the Wormwood staff (lets say I had the ring that reduces the needed pieces for set bonuses by 1 on), would Wormwood's Locust Swarm still count as a mana spender?

You are not spending Mana so it does not count, iirc.

You actually have to spend the Mana with zunis, I think

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

LordAdakos posted:

You are not spending Mana so it does not count, iirc.

You actually have to spend the Mana with zunis, I think

Drat, I guess I'll just stick to my piranhas. least I'll be able to get rid of Wall of Death.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Woo! Not even from that whore Kadala, poo poo was a drop from a rift boss.

I wish Unity and Travelers pledge would stop mocking me with their non-existence.

e; At the time, I had zero DB's. When I do, I'll try and roll armor off for C.Wave damage.

Hobold fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 30, 2017

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Gambling blood shards sucks rear end compared to 4 player item find t13 bonus, especially if you're looking for an item that isn't 25 shards a gamble. And if you're good and well geared the time it takes to gamble and reset is better spent nuking elite packs. Plus the amount of shards you get from a neph rift is nothing compared to a grift.

Play the rift until it stops being dense.

Signed,

World #15 Season 11 Demon Hunter

That's exactly what he said? If floor is good then keep going, else close.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Suspicious posted:

That's exactly what he said? If floor is good then keep going, else close.

That includes additional floors.

If you don't check to see if it's the blood swamp or graveyard you're straight retarded.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
If the stairs are right there, sure. I'm not wasting time trying to find the exit of a lovely floor in case the next floor is good. I can close and reopen in the same time it takes.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Dang I've gotten both the jesseth scythe and the traveller's pledge but both rolled absolutely garbage stats. Does the re-roll legendary thing work on set items? The cube's interface is cool and all but I kind of wish it was more like, direct in explaining what each of the options actually did. Especially since the wiki basically just copy+pastes the in-game description rather than explaining it clearly.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
Set items are legendary, so yes it works.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That includes additional floors.

If you don't check to see if it's the blood swamp or graveyard you're straight retarded.
You have the same chance of the next floor being good as the first floor of the next rift being good (unless there's something really weird in their rift generation I don't know about), so I'll second

Suspicious posted:

If the stairs are right there, sure. I'm not wasting time trying to find the exit of a lovely floor in case the next floor is good. I can close and reopen in the same time it takes.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Suspicious posted:

Set items are legendary, so yes it works.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if they still counted.

Also I just spent like ten minutes wondering why this rathma set dungeon wasn't triggering the cooldown effect bonus. Turns out I had land of the dead equipped, not army of the dead.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
The quickest and easiest answer to any "how do I get X gear?" Question is simply kill as many elites and bosses in the shortest time you can, at the highest difficulty you can, with time being a higher priority than difficulty, and elites and bosses being the number 1 priority

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Guilty posted:

The quickest and easiest answer to any "how do I get X gear?" Question is simply kill as many elites and bosses in the shortest time you can, at the highest difficulty you can, with time being a higher priority than difficulty, and elites and bosses being the number 1 priority

Spending blood shards on rings as a level 1 necromancer was a lot faster than killing elites to get that skeleton ring.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Nuebot posted:

Spending blood shards on rings as a level 1 necromancer was a lot faster than killing elites to get that skeleton ring.
I opted to instead have one drop at level ~20, which I would recommend to anyone else.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Elysiume posted:

I opted to instead have one drop at level ~20, which I would recommend to anyone else.

Smart

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Trying to figure out what I should attempt to reforge on these:

That is, if I should gamble to try and reroll any of it.

Nuebot posted:

I think I only had to gamble through like 15 rings before I got that necromancer ring. It's really amazing.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Hobold posted:

that whore Kadala

I would appreciate not running into this kind of thing while casually browsing the thread, thanks

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Tensokuu posted:

I think I only had to gamble through like 15 rings before I got that necromancer ring. It's really amazing.

I'd imagine resource cost, because all your mages are going to be Singularity anyway, so you'll be draining your essence to zero regardless.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Got up to GR 52 with a friend and every rift from here on out seems to be beating us less through us being super undergeared or anything, but through sheer bullshittery. We went through one, and literally one step away from the second floor entrance was an elite pack with a bunch of crazy affixes. Behind them, another elite pack. Followed by a third elite pack. Every rift we've done has pretty much been nothing but the pandemonium fortress map set and it's awful.

Tensokuu posted:

:negative: I've been trying to hard to get anything even half as good as that, but have been getting nothing but a dozen non-ancient ones with abysmal rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

You should be able to smash up GR70 as a rathma + jesseth necro, without any legendaries. I did a GR74 on an average 2200 dps skullscythe in less than ten minutes, and I am no necro savant. Don't get me wrong, you'll probably die a couple times, but it brings so much damage that things will go down pretty fast.

Don't use the icy veins build. This is pretty much what you should be using, and is what places on the leaderboards. Dark mending rune and blood is power are debatable though. I would run freezing grasp and extended servitude.
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/92777-rathma-jesseth-singularity

Frozen lands with simulacrum let you turn hard groups or rift bosses inside out.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 30, 2017