Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I for selfish reasons would love to see a Playoff of VT, Tennessee, Wiscy, ASU.

Maroon, Orange, Red, and Yellow. The colors of fall would work great to cap off a season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
I'd love to see a mining school playoff. VT-penn state-utah-arizona. Idaho get the G5 ny6 spot. Wvu and Kentucky get left in the cold. Let's celebrate my weird little major.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I for selfish reasons would love to see a Playoff of VT, Tennessee, Wiscy, ASU.

Maroon, Orange, Red, and Yellow. The colors of fall would work great to cap off a season.

Considering the CFP is in winter, I think your idea is a few months too late.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can't wait to see the mighty northwestern wildcat playing for all the marbles in the "grandaddy of them all" that's right i'm talking about the Meineke Car Care Bowl

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

iospace posted:

Any title game without the following teams would be awesome:
  • Alabama
  • Ohio State
  • Michigan
  • Notre Dame
  • Florida
  • Rutgers

E: forgot Rutgers

badgers bitch

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

R.D. Mangles posted:

i can't wait to see the mighty northwestern wildcat playing for all the marbles in the "grandaddy of them all" that's right i'm talking about the Meineke Car Care Bowl

Ah the American Automotive Jet's Pizza United Auto Workers of America Quick Lane Ford Bowl

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Correction: Charlie Strong lost to Kansas.

Nah.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gotta take losses philosophically. Win some, lose some.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Do we usually have a predictions thread, or do we just post them in here? I can't remember... Regardless, I think it's time for predictions.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I predict Rutgers is the Big 10's pushover.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

iospace posted:

I predict Rutgers is the Big 10's pushover.

A bold prediction.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Actually Rutgers should be in every title game. I think Indiana is going to fall off a cliff in be the worst team in the East, and Rutgers will beat some teams from the West.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Scarf posted:

Do we usually have a predictions thread, or do we just post them in here? I can't remember... Regardless, I think it's time for predictions.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827712

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/RollTideTroll/status/889424632637468673

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

oh poo poo, thanks. Dunno how I missed that.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
If we actually beat Stanford and ASU in back to back weeks I don't know what I'll do but it will involve a lot of alcohol and bad choices

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Alabama DL Hand picked up for DUI

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sash! posted:

Also not Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Auburn, USC, LSU, Clemson, or Florida State.

I'd like a fresh one all around. It's been long enough that Tennessee, Nebraska, and Miami are allowed.

You don't want to see Coach O in the championship game and all the press conferences before the game?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kim Jong Il posted:

Actually Rutgers should be in every title game. I think Indiana is going to fall off a cliff in be the worst team in the East, and Rutgers will beat some teams from the West.

Counterpoint: nah.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sash! posted:

Also not Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon, Auburn, USC, LSU, Clemson, or Florida State.

I'd like a fresh one all around. It's been long enough that Tennessee, Nebraska, and Miami are allowed.

Counterpoint: FSU has only won 3 titles, and needs to win more.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/BarrettSallee/status/891362371691847680

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Randaconda posted:

Counterpoint: FSU has only won 3 titles, and needs to win more.

iospace posted:

Counterpoint: nah.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Am I the only person who isn't counting pre-playoff championships? FSU actually has zero and the SEC is on equal footing with the Big Ten and the ACC imo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

milk milk lemonade posted:

Am I the only person who isn't counting pre-playoff championships? FSU actually has zero and the SEC is on equal footing with the Big Ten and the ACC imo

Yes, because not counting them is loving stupid. With only four teams in the playoffs, it's as "mythical" as the BCS system and prior, anyway.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Randaconda posted:

Yes, because not counting them is loving stupid. With only four teams in the playoffs, it's as "mythical" as the BCS system and prior, anyway.

Long term that will probably be where people start counting them. The previous systems were arbitrary and stupid, that's why they are gone. (and money.) If they add teams to the playoff, it will make the championships won in the early playoffs mean less.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Scarf posted:

Prediction: Rice is awful this year and gets dunked on so hard by Stanford in Sydney that no Australian will dare set foot on the Rice campus for a hundred years

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Scionix posted:

I think actually Alabama is America's team TM and should be in every playoff, forever

a 3 loss bama absolutely gets in over one loss teams from West of the Mississippi

and speaking of bama a new set of baby bama apparel arrives since the kid has outgrown his last three bama outifts. somehow his Illinois gear has been disregarded by his mother

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

milk milk lemonade posted:

Didn't FSU win the inaugural playoffs? Or were they the last BCS championship?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spacebump posted:

Long term that will probably be where people start counting them. The previous systems were arbitrary and stupid, that's why they are gone. (and money.) If they add teams to the playoff, it will make the championships won in the early playoffs mean less.

Money is the only reason they are gone, the schools didn't give a poo poo about how arbitrary and stupid they were.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Neil Armbong posted:

Last BCS Championship. The only playoff-winning teams are Ohio State, Alabama, and Clemson.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Randaconda posted:

Money is the only reason they are gone, the schools didn't give a poo poo about how arbitrary and stupid they were.

It's insane that it took this long really. I'm sure there were bowl people in school presidents' ears constantly making up bullshit about how a playoff wouldn't make them more money, but come on. It's been obvious for like 20 years a playoff would be a license to print money.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Grittybeard posted:

It's insane that it took this long really. I'm sure there were bowl people in school presidents' ears constantly making up bullshit about how a playoff wouldn't make them more money, but come on. It's been obvious for like 20 years a playoff would be a license to print money.

It's insane they made playoffs and this was what they came up with. One day fans are going to be confused there was a time when only 4 teams made the playoffs.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grittybeard posted:

From what I understand, the Big 10 (of course) and to a lesser extent the Pac 10 were against it, because ~tradition~.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spacebump posted:

It's insane they made playoffs and this was what they came up with. One day fans are going to be confused there was a time when only 4 teams made the playoffs.

They claim it's because the season would be too long, but all the other divisions have regular playoffs, and it doesn't bother them.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Neil Armbong posted:

FSU in the Playoff gave us the gift of Jameis Winston (and really all of the Noles) fumbling up a storm on the way to getting smoked by the Ducks.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

harperdc posted:

FSU in the Playoff gave us the gift of Jameis Winston (and really all of the Noles) fumbling up a storm on the way to getting smoked by the Ducks.

:smith:

Been too drat long since the Noles won the title. Hopefully this year.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Randaconda posted:

They claim it's because the season would be too long, but all the other divisions have regular playoffs, and it doesn't bother them.

That's because the other divisions play fewer regular season games. FBS will never cut down on those, because of money. So the argument about "too many games" w/r/t expanding the playoffs for FBS is entirely valid.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

LeeMajors posted:

Have you even seen Forrest Gump?

A good-hearted halfwit bumbling his way to astounding success is the Dabo Blueprint.

Gump also has aids at the end of that movie, so take that metaphor as you will.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's unclear whether he has AIDS in the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hey, does anyone have any articles that detail the UAB football/Paul Bryant, Jr. relationship? My dad has questions, and I want to give him the facts.

• Locked thread