Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."

WampaLord posted:

No money is being exchanged, so it's definitely the latter. Gene's Vision, y'all.

Waves and waves of :gizz:

"The Federation has announced a temporary evacuation of Risa due to environmental concerns, after tests confirmed it's oceans were comprised of mostly semen."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Tragedienne posted:

"The Federation has announced a temporary evacuation of Risa due to environmental concerns, after tests confirmed it's oceans were comprised of mostly semen."

I think that was a scam pulled by Blacklight Cartography to justify their existence.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Actually it's like a democracy but with fucks instead of votes. Whichever candidate gets the most fucks on election day wins. loving booths open from 6am and close at 10pm.

Yes, but Patrick Stewart’s character was already dead when that happened in I, Claudius.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The other half of the planet is where the non-horny Risans who liked the old weather live

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

shadok posted:

Well, not directly. But what passes for Risa's planetary economy in a post-scarcity Federation - standing in the Federation and priority access to trade and technology, is essentially dependent on sex tourism, which is conveniently enabled by the local culture's lack of sexual taboos.

It's basically Space Thailand.

Yeah the impression I get is it's everyone's national duty to bang 2 tourists a year.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
It's probably rule by whoever makes everyone experience the most pleasure, but I like to think it's rule by whoever themself has experienced the most pleasure

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah the impression I get is it's everyone's national duty to bang 2 tourists a year.

These are really sad takes.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Arglebargle III posted:

These are really sad takes.

I base this on the fact that the Ferengi guy shows up to steal that artifact thing and he's got townies hitting on him immediately. I mean, come on, look at those teeth. Ain't nobody actually into that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

cheetah7071 posted:

The other half of the planet is where the non-horny Risans who liked the old weather live

Space Florida! It's got automatic sand!

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

The_Doctor posted:

Space Florida! It's got automatic sand!

Space Florida Man Fights To Keep Ketracel White Addicted Alligator

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Space Florida Man Loses Testicle, Toes After Threatening Couple With Bat'leth In Shuttle Rage Incident

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Maybe Risans value free love and hospitality. Is that too hard to imagine? Or that they'd jump at the chance to join the "prosperity, liberty, mutual defense" organization in the galaxy?

You guys are ready to accept vicious feudal warmongers and police states but not a single planet where they think free love is cool and generosity is good?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I imagine Risa is the source of many a divorce.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

This is some seriously Noam Chomsky poo poo if you guys think immortal shapeshifters from beyond a wormhole are more believable than a society without sexual jealousy or capitalism.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Arglebargle III posted:

Maybe Risans value free love and hospitality. Is that too hard to imagine? Or that they'd jump at the chance to join the "prosperity, liberty, mutual defense" organization in the galaxy?

You guys are ready to accept vicious feudal warmongers and police states but not a single planet where they think free love is cool and generosity is good?

I have to echo these thoughts. This is really depressing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Arglebargle III posted:

This is some seriously Noam Chomsky poo poo if you guys think immortal shapeshifters from beyond a wormhole are more believable than a society without sexual jealousy or capitalism.

Goo monsters who rule with an iron fist and live in a big cuddle puddle are way more believable than someone wanting to gently caress a Ferengi.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Arglebargle III posted:

Every single time Risa comes up in this thread there are piles of people who are convinced that everyone there has to be some kind of space prostitute. You're right that it's really weird and depressing.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

I base this on the fact that the Ferengi guy shows up to steal that artifact thing and he's got townies hitting on him immediately. I mean, come on, look at those teeth. Ain't nobody actually into that.

Leeta was. :colbert:

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

PostNouveau posted:

It's not the teeth they're into.

Shape and dimension

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 30, 2017

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
It really has been too long since TNG went off the air.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

It really has been too long since TNG went off the air.

Let's cast the jjtrek reboot.

For Capt. Jean Luc Picard I'm thinking Patrick Stewart.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
If that happened i'm 100% sure Jim Parsons would be cast as Data.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Terry Crews for Worf?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PostNouveau posted:

Terry Crews for Worf?

He's always my go-to for recasting Worf. I'd also have Andy Samberg for Riker.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Channing Tatum for JJriker.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The_Doctor posted:

He's always my go-to for recasting Worf. I'd also have Andy Samberg for Riker.
Andre Braugher is Picard, remake Brooklyn 99 in space.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Lord Hydronium posted:

Andre Braugher is Picard, remake Brooklyn 99 in space.

I swear I did this post less than a week ago.

The_Doctor posted:

Oh god, this just plays further into my mental placing of the Brooklyn 99 cast as the crew of the Enterprise D. The admiral is Captain Wunch!

For those interested:
Holt - Picard
Jake - Riker
Boyle - Data
Amy - Troi
Gina - Bev
Terry - Worf
Rosa - Ro

Worf loves his prune juice!

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Jason Statham for Picard

Haley Joel Osment for Riker

Tilda Swinton for Data

Gal Gadot as Counselor Troi

Michael Fassbender as Tasha Yar

Nickie Minaj as Worf

Song Kang-Ho as Geordie LaForge

Amy Adams as Dr. Beverly Crusher who's on the show maybe four episodes a year

Saoirse Ronan as Wesley Crusher

Issa Rae as Guinan

Jim Carrey as Barclay (not like he's working on anything else)

featuring T.J. Miller as Grebnedlog

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

If you guys think Haley Joel Osment couldn't pull off being a bombastic bearded portly 5'4" sex symbol you haven't seen him act lately.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Tilda Swinton in various wigs for every role

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Does Tilda Swinton even have her own hair or teeth?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Tilda Swinton in various wigs for every role

Swinton in interpretive dance as the Enterprise

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The_Doctor posted:

I swear I did this post less than a week ago.

This is :perfect:.

Honey Trap Queen
Jul 30, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know that it's almost a meme at this point but.... Idris Elba would be a great Worf.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Anyone have that picture of Sisko and Jennifer in the pieta pose?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

James McAvoy as Picard, Tom Hiddleston as Data, Donald Glover as Geordi.

JJ TNG should be the universe where Tasha Yar survives but Troi doesn't.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

Space Florida Man Fights To Keep Ketracel White Addicted Alligator

Isn't that actually just a Jem'Hadar

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Paradoxish posted:

Every single time Risa comes up in this thread there are piles of people who are convinced that everyone there has to be some kind of space prostitute. You're right that it's really weird and depressing.

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

I have to echo these thoughts. This is really depressing.
I think some of this is the selection effect for the kind of people who are prone to post on the internet, and some of it is because culturally we have had a long period of "everything sucks and is secretly corrupt."

That said some of it is also 'so how would this work, in practice, anyway?' And we don't have a lot of great examples laying around.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Delsaber posted:

James McAvoy as Picard, Tom Hiddleston as Data, Donald Glover as Geordi.

JJ TNG should be the universe where Tasha Yar survives but Troi doesn't.

Also Will Riker dies in the cave and Tom Riker takes his place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Edgy modern TNG has Wesley be executed for trampling a flower before the Enterprise can save him.