Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My [32/F] husband [34/M] won't sell his embarrassingly old car [51/C]

quote:

We've been together for seven years, married for five. I love him, he's a great guy, and everything is great!

Except his car. He bought this old STICK SHIFT Volvo hatchback when we were dating, and fixed it up. I thought it was just a hobby, but he ended up selling his Honda and just driving the old car! It wasn't a problem at first - I thought he would just grow out of it. But he kept it.

And he still drives it to work every day. Everyone else on our street has nice BMW, Lexus, and Mercedes cars from less than two years ago! I swear I can hear him coming from a mile away. He says that it's practical and safe (it does have seatbelts and crumple zones and it's sturdy - clunkily sturdy) but it just doesn't make sense that we should live where we live and have the jobs we have (we BOTH have pretty decent jobs) and have this car. It looks so out of place next to my SUV.

I'm at my wit's end- how long are my neighbors going to see him pulling in and out? What about when our kids go to school and their friends (and parents, ugh) see him drop them off in that thing. Or his coworkers. But after I tell him all this, he STILL won't budge - he likes a machine more than his own pride.

tldr: My husband's car is embarrassingly old and he won't buy new, even though he can.
A stick shift? :monocle: Bring me my fainting couch!

e:

OP posted:

But I do have to put up with him tinkering, fixing, polishing all the crome and everything BY HIMSELF, RIGHT IN THE DRIVEWAY while the neighbors watch.
Whoa, in the driveway? :aaaaa:

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Haifisch posted:

e:

Oh man, when civilization falls and the HOA crumbles he'll be ruling the burbs with iron stick shift and she's complaining. Jesus.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Pick posted:

By the way I understand boundaries extremely well, sometimes I just violate them for fun because most people are too scared to stop me lol!

I want to go to Finland to do this: https://vimeo.com/116949875

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Haifisch posted:

e:

Husband needs to divorce that harpy pronto

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Haifisch posted:

I laughed that she put the age of the car in the title.

Also, oh no my husband has a hobby.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

La Brea Carpet posted:

I laughed that she put the age of the car in the title.

Also, oh no my husband has a hobby.

He needs to agree with her that it's old and he needs an upgrade. Then spend the money he'd use on a new car upgrading and restoring the ugly rear end volvo.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
But how will people know we have money if we don't spend it all?!?!?!?!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Haifisch posted:

e:

This is more petty than the 18 year old girl who acted dumb as hell over an uber. At least everyone in that story has the defense of being teenagers. It was also just social drama that unfolded in an evening versus this bubbling years of resentment over the imagined opinions of neighbors who probably largely don't care or find it alright that her husband has a hobby. And it's all over perceived status due to a vehicle.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 29, 2017

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

WampaLord posted:

Here, Mirthless, defend this one:

Me [29 M] and my girlfriend [25 F] of ~1 month, move-in together?!

:redflag:

I gotta go back to this one for a minute. It's true that sometimes you just know. I moved in with my now husband after 2 months, got engaged after 3 months and got married in Vegas after 8 months.

Tomorrow's our 17th anniversary.

Sometimes it's just really obvious that this is the person you're supposed to be with.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Haifisch posted:

e:

a) either she's exaggerating its age or this is a mid-60s Volvo, which are awesome and look really retro in the cool way on top of being made of solid steel, and b) wanna be friends with that husband, I love me an old Volvo :3:

mid-60s Volvo P1800:

TheKennedys fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 30, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

HoAssHo posted:

I gotta go back to this one for a minute. It's true that sometimes you just know. I moved in with my now husband after 2 months, got engaged after 3 months and got married in Vegas after 8 months.

Sometimes it's just really obvious that this is the person you're supposed to be with.

Fair enough, but you have to realize you beat the odds on that one, yea?

Cause I've had the opposite experience a couple times, whirlwind for a month or two and then boom, breakup.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lonely Virgil posted:

My girlfriend is pregnant: needing some advice

Lets all congratulate this man on successfully transitioning from male to sea sponge.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Barudak posted:

Lets all congratulate this man on successfully transitioning from male to sea sponge.

Lonely Virgil posted:

quote:

The very next day we all had dinner at Denny's to discuss what the set up would be.
Like all good plans and positive life events.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

HoAssHo posted:

I think it's more accurate to say that some relationships are gonna work out and if they're gonna work out it prolly doesn't matter too much if you rushed into it.

Like phrasing it as "you just know" is kinda lovely to the several other couples in your position who just knew but ended up trapped in an abusive relationship. I'm glad things worked out for you but you don't have a 6th sense that other people lack, you rolled the dice and got lucky.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Haifisch posted:

e:

Car in question, since she probably obscured details for anonymity:

Husband:

Rip ders.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lonely Virgil posted:

Comments are gold:

A Commentor posted:

SHE GOT PREGNANT WITH ANOTHER MANS BABY AND YOU WANNA GO BACK TO HER? SOME PEOPLE TAKE THIS FETISH TO THE EXTREMES

OP posted:

Not going to lie but it's kind of sexy, but that's besides the point. I love her and just because she had sex with another guy, with my permission mind you, doesn't mean I should leave her. That's like asking someone to do something and then getting them in trouble. I'm not trying to set her up and it was all an accident anyways

Also, it was posted in r/CuckoldCommunity, :laffo:

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

WampaLord posted:

Fair enough, but you have to realize you beat the odds on that one, yea?

Cause I've had the opposite experience a couple times, whirlwind for a month or two and then boom, breakup.

Oh, for sure. And same here. I had the thing where it was all magical in the beginning and "fell in love" immediately before, but this had a completely different feel to it. It didn't feel like the times I'd just had stars in my eyes because it was all new and exciting and they told me I'm pretty a lot. It was just like, hmm, so I guess this is it, huh?

But yeah, most of the time it's a terrible idea.

ArbitraryC posted:

I think it's more accurate to say that some relationships are gonna work out and if they're gonna work out it prolly doesn't matter too much if you rushed into it.

Like phrasing it as "you just know" is kinda lovely to the several other couples in your position who just knew but ended up trapped in an abusive relationship. I'm glad things worked out for you but you don't have a 6th sense that other people lack, you rolled the dice and got lucky.

Sure, and it could still go bad for all I know. He could decide to become a shithead and start loving younger women all of sudden too. I didn't really mean it like that. I just meant that there didn't seem like a point waiting because there was no uncertainty like there had been in previous relationships.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I [15M] am going Pokemon Hunting with my crush [15F] in an hour

quote:

Currently I am freaking out. I am so goddamn nervous and I am shaking as I type this.

Me and this girl have known eachother since March, we met in Geometry . I really liked her and I got her snap.

When I started talking to her it was like talking to a brick loving wall. She was so bland and boring. I asked her to hangout and she always said 'maybe' or 'idk.' I stopped talking to her after awhile because she was like unresponsive.

I don't think she is romantically interested in me, but idk.

I finally asked her to hangout a few days ago to go play pokemon at this really nice park in my town.

I have never been one on one with a girl like this before and I don't know if I should try to make a move or even how I should act.

tl;dr: Going to play pokemon with my crush and I have no idea how to act or if I should even make a move.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Haifisch posted:

e:

He should sell his embarrassingly old wife and get a new one

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheKennedys posted:

a) either she's exaggerating its age or this is a mid-60s Volvo, which are awesome and look really retro in the cool way on top of being made of solid steel, and b) wanna be friends with that husband, I love me an old Volvo :3

mid-60s Volvo P1800:

Whoa old volvos are cool. :staredog:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

TheKennedys posted:

a) either she's exaggerating its age or this is a mid-60s Volvo, which are awesome and look really retro in the cool way on top of being made of solid steel, and b) wanna be friends with that husband, I love me an old Volvo :3

mid-60s Volvo P1800:

I bet a lot of those BMW owners on the street are jealous as gently caress of the husband

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
even if it's a ugly shitbox vovlo, that lady sucks for her lovely desire to be performatively rich and keep up with the joneses

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Yeah, it's loving gross. That chick's gross.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

HoAssHo posted:

Sure, and it could still go bad for all I know. He could decide to become a shithead and start loving younger women all of sudden too. I didn't really mean it like that. I just meant that there didn't seem like a point waiting because there was no uncertainty like there had been in previous relationships.
I apologize I wasn't trying to bag on you I just felt the phrasing was insensitive. I get (and agree with) your intended message, if things are gonna work out they're gonna work out so going all in isn't necessarily bad. I just feel like broadcasting it as some nebulous "you just know" is an unhealthy message a lot of people looking for love but finding themselves in lovely situations embraced too hard. There's a lot of emotions that go into falling for someone and many of them can completely backfire. It's entirely reasonable and recommended to wait things out in case your whirlwind romance doesn't actually pan out and I think in general there'd be a more healthy environment surrounding relationships if we didn't romanticize that kind of rush so much. Abusive relationships often rely on a cycle of highs and lows and it's important to acknowledge that healthy long term compatibility isn't something that can be easily identified early on no matter how in love you feel.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Haifisch posted:

I [15M] am going Pokemon Hunting with my crush [15F] in an hour

This kid is doomed.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I can't say whether I just 'just knew' anything about my relationship with my wife when we first got together, but we rushed through everything but actual marriage (which we waited about 5 years for) and we've been together almost 20 years at this point.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Me VS Pokémon

quote:

Hey reddit, I'll keep this relatively short...

Today me [F21] and my boyfriend [M22] saw one another for the first time after a week or so and as things were getting romantic I asked for a massage. He said no and we moved on...fast forward like five minutes after things have cooled down and he's playing pokémon in the bed, you know going around in the mall where the gym is and poo poo AND HE GIVES HIS POKEMON A FREAKIN MASSAGE. At the time I laughed, but now I'm puzzled. Is the fact that he doesn't want to woo me anymore cause for concern? (Together ~3 years at this point)

Tl;dr, boyfriend would rather give his pokemon a massage.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Haifisch posted:

Me VS Pokémon

quote:

Well for context it wasn't a "give me a massage now slave" it was more of a "we haven't seen one another in a while and you're getting head and coitus definitely, a massage might add to the experience"...
sounds like a catch

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Haifisch posted:

Me VS Pokémon

lmao

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I can't conceive of a situation where I'd refuse a request to fondle a sexual partner, but I guess I just don't "get" Pokemon. :shrug:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

sounds like a catch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crIJvcWkVcs&t=510s

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Haifisch posted:

Me VS Pokémon

I've always heard of those weirdos that claim to prefer 2D to 3D but I didn't think they actually existed.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

WampaLord posted:

I've always heard of those weirdos that claim to prefer 2D to 3D but I didn't think they actually existed.
It's hard to relate cause I'm the kind of bf that just gives shoulder massages constantly when my hands are free but I would say the lady unironically saying "we're gonna have sex later so the least he could do is give me a massage" is probably not as much fun in the sack as she would like to think.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

It's hard to relate cause I'm the kind of bf that just gives shoulder massages constantly when my hands are free but I would say the lady unironically saying "we're gonna have sex later so the least he could do is give me a massage" is probably not as much fun in the sack as she would like to think.

And I'm sure the guy who ignores his girlfriend to play Pokemon is a sexual dynamo and very considerate of his partner's needs and wants.

Me [24 M] dating [25 F] for three months; shes moving in with an ex - am I overreacting?

quote:

Truth is, I do get really anxious over stupid things so I'm wondering if this anxiety is legitimate.

We met online, started going on a few dates, and I let her know I'd just recently gotten out of a relationship that lasted two years so I wanted to take things slow. NBD, she seemed on the same page, and still seems to be. We definitely do more coupley-things, like text eachother we miss eachother at night when we aren't staying in the same place. Sex is awesome, she's awesome, literally great.

She's been open and up front about her life and about a month ago she wanted to disclose that she was moving into this 5 bedroom house nearby and that a guy she dated for about 4-6 months in 2015 is also living there. She explained she actually thought he was moving out; she had become good friends with his housemates long ago for a different reason than dating him, and she thought the room freeing up was likely his. But it's not, so she'll be living there with a couple men including her ex. The 5th room isn't even filled yet.

From the look on my face, I think she was worried it was a dealbreaker. She brought it up the next day, saying she really liked what we have going on and that it scared her that maybe yeah, this could be a deal breaker for some folks. I said I was trying to digest it, but I've had mad anxiety since.

She never really explained why they ended, but did make this comment that keeps giving me anxiety - that they hooked up about two months after they "became just friends" and that she thought maybe he was trying to get her back but that it was just sex... makes me feel weird. She says they are "friends" but that she was going to have a conversation with him ahead of time about her house being a safe space and that she doesn't mix relationships etc with her house friendships and with her regular friendships etc...

I haven't met any of her friends though she's met some of mine. I guess my question is - how could she be comfortable with moving in somewhere and not knowing for certain her ex would be living there is that normal? How can I be comfortable come the time when she moves in there? I don't want to come off as an insecure d-bag, but gently caress I am a bit insecure about this situation.

The big issue is I have been cheated on in my past, and had girls disrespect me in front of me or behind my back when it comes to other guys being around. I'm shorter and smaller than the average dude, but honestly this doesn't bother me - it's just something other dudes will bring up all the time and I've had girls make fun of me (broke up with them on the spot if they joined in some nonsense because I do have a sense of respect for myself lol.)

But anyway - I keep having these racing thoughts and questions about it. My anxiety is so high. I don't know if I can handle being thrown into Trust Lessons 101 Level 10: living with an ex where things kind of ambiguously ended.....

Any thoughts?

tl;dr: I'm working on trust issues, just found out a girl I'm seeing is moving in with an ex and it's triggering mad anxiety. I don't know if this is a me problem or if it's just an incompatibility or if I should just deal with it and see what happens??

This man failed to learn the lesson of Pete.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Normally I don't double post, but I found a real gem. Long, but well worth it.

Would you leave your SO if you found out they were sexually attracted to something strange? An argument with my GF[20f] of 1yr. Me [24m][Serious]

quote:

Okay, this is going to sound ridiculous but I'm being very serious. I need your guys' opinion on this.

My GF[20] shared a story of a woman leaving her boyfriend after discovering he was having sex with his car. We did some research out of curiosity and found out that this is actually a thing, that people can be sexually attracted to inanimate objects. So, just for fun, I posed what I thought was a funny question with what I thought had an obvious answer (from my pov); I asked her that, if she found out that I was sexually attracted to cars, and I enjoyed having sex with them, would she leave me? I was honestly quite hurt and shocked to hear that she said yes, and her response actually really bothered me, so I told her that and we ended up in a really heated argument. I told her it really bothered me that she thought that because, to me it revealed how deep her love for me actually runs, and how small her feelings towards me must be, if this is all it would take for her to break it off with me, over something, which in my eyes, seems so silly and at the end of the day, so inconsequential.

She said it would change the way she viewed me and that she would feel betrayed. Though I understand how someone would be really weirded out by that, I don't understand how you could maintain some feeling of betrayal over something like that. I mean, I would totally understand her response if it was a situation where, say, she found out I was sexually attracted to her best friend, and caught me masturbating to her photos, then in that case, I think she would rightly feel betrayed, and concerned about me and my intentions. Because that situation would cast all the times I spent time with her best friend into doubt, and it would be reasonable thing to assume and think that maybe I'm planning/was planning on leaving her for her best friend, or the disturbing thoughts that I fantasize and dream of a separate life with her friend. In my eyes, it's so easy to see how silly this car attraction thing is, when we take the obvious and culturally accepted fact that many girls enjoy masterbating with penis shaped dildos. That, in that case, it is expected for me to be accepting of that, and finding that out about my gf would in no way change the way i felt about her, or the way i thought she felt about me, and it wouldn't invoke any feelings of betrayal. I understand that is not a great analogy, but I still hope you can see why i'm using this comparison.

I told her if the roles were reversed and I found out she enjoyed having sex with cars, that I would definitely be bothered by it, and I'm not so naive enough to say that it probably wouldn't change the way I view her in some way, but in my mind, there is NO DOUBT in my mind, that with time, I would just accept that it's a part of her sexuality, and that as long as she hasn't hurt anyone, or isn't hurting anyone, I would be able to get past it (though i would probably ask her to stop doing it). And, that, in a way I would even feel empathy and sympathy for her to admit something that could be seen as extremely shameful and embarrassing. At the end of the day, I would understand that nobody chooses to be sexually attracted to something so strange. The fact that she enjoys having sex with cars would not spoil her other amazing qualities that I love, the fact that she is smart, beautiful, caring, charming, etc. Her having this strange attraction would not cause me to reconsider those other qualities of hers. In the end my love for her is not predicated on what she is strangely sexually attracted to...

It's funny, I then asked her if we changed the car to, say, a watermelon. That what if I just found watermelons so sexually attractive, and I loved to gently caress watermelons, would she leave me over that? And her response was that.... she didn't know. So, loving juicy plump watermelons is fair game, but switch it for a car, and woah woah all of a sudden that is crossing a line.

At the end of our argument, she was the one that was really angry with me over this argument, and I'm just totally baffled by this. She says that, how can I say that when she loves and cares about me so much already... but for me again, how can that be true if she is willing to break it off over something which is definitely weird, but in the end means nothing (in my opinion). At the end of our argument, she even asked me if it was actually the case, asking me if I'm actually attracted to cars or something similarly as strange (lol..)... I facepalmed and told her no, but that is not the point for why I was bothered by her response.

Do you guys think it's fair for me to be this hurt by her response to my hypothetical?

TLDR : My girlfriend said she would leave me if she found out I had a strong sexual attraction to something considered to be very strange, and I am hurt and worried by discovering that. Should I be?

*For some of you that might not believe me because of the way this was written, I apologize, I intentionally tried to make this entertaining/funny to read so that someone could actually finish my long-winded POV. But all of this did actually happen, and I am serious. *

1. Pose stupid hypothetical to girlfriend
2. Get super mad over her hypothetical answer
3. Compare women using dildos to men loving cars

Great job, duder!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

WampaLord posted:

Normally I don't double post, but I found a real gem. Long, but well worth it.

Would you leave your SO if you found out they were sexually attracted to something strange? An argument with my GF[20f] of 1yr. Me [24m][Serious]

1. Pose stupid hypothetical to girlfriend
2. Get super mad over her hypothetical answer
3. Compare women using dildos to men loving cars

Great job, duder!
How many cars has this dude hosed?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
[UT] Serious question, is plant-based pornography considered obscene enough to be illegal?

quote:

Alright, I'm going to cut to the chase here and just be honest, I know that it is weird, but I ask that you not judge me, just answer my question. A little background first. I live in Utah, as you likely guessed. I am the main admin for an online forum that is made up of what you might call Floraphiliacs, people who are sexually attracted to plants. We mainly get Dendrophiliacs (People who are sexually attracted to trees or tree-like structures) Vine fetishists, pollination fetishists, and human-to-plant transformation.

The forum is very NSFW, obviously, and we are obviously geared towards adults. In the past, I have made sure to remove posts that are overtly violent, disturbing, or depicts non-consensual situations. We have strict rules against depiction of minors, depiction of rape, depiction of necrophilia, and depiction of animals in a sexual manner. Most of the pornography is either drawn, animated, or otherwise simulated. It is rare that actual plants are involved, or actual actors beyond voice actors are involved.

I thought this would be enough to ward off the moral busybodies that Utah is famous for. Apparently, I was wrong. The site is hosted by a domain within Utah and I guess that means subject to Utah's laws. I've had no problems with the host before, they host other similar niche fetish sites.

Basically, to not give away too many revealing details, a group of traditionalist Mormons based in Utah has been sending accusatory letters towards us, outlining their objections to our site both biblical and otherwise, and
have demanded we disband our site, or face legal action. They have sent us correspondence with official letterheads from a firm that as far as we can tell, are legitimate.

They claim the site violates Utah's obscenity laws in that this is a public display of obscenity that minors could see. It is true, this site is publicly accessible to anyone with an internet connection. So far, our forum has operated on the benefit of the doubt since we can't exactly screen the age of all of our users. It is the opinion of me and the other admins that teenagers may want to explore their sexual orientation, and they should be free to, so we will look the other way.

I know what some of you might be thinking, get a lawyer. Well, frankly, this is still Utah we're talking about. I can not expect that there would be any decent lawyer who would dare touch us, they know to throw their pinch of incense towards the LDS, the LDS which I must emphasize basically controls the state from the top down.

Any advice would be appreciated. Frankly, I am not sure obscenity is really there, that's mainly subjective and I consider them obscene. I'm sick of this poo poo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Pick posted:

If you want to be happy, you can probably make that work. If you want to be unhappy, nothing in the loving world can stop you.

I have had to give up on so many friends because they didn't understand this. Misery and drama are like drugs to some people, and they get just as addicted to them.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

WampaLord posted:

And I'm sure the guy who ignores his girlfriend to play Pokemon is a sexual dynamo and very considerate of his partner's needs and wants.
Is it okay if I think they're both bad or is that haram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

La Brea Carpet posted:

[UT] Serious question, is plant-based pornography considered obscene enough to be illegal?

Why the hell would you host your weird fetish site in Utah?