Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
I really want that anniversary captain, of course I live 127 miles from the closest GW store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

TIME TO poo poo BOMBS AND CHEW BUBBLE GUM AND I'M ALL OUT OF BIOMASS

This looks great! I love how sharp the colors are.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

bonds0097 posted:

I really want that anniversary captain, of course I live 127 miles from the closest GW store.

I'm based in the US, but I'm making it international as well. Jump in!

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
The company champion has a combat shield listed in his skills but not his wargear. Does he have one or not?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I picked up a Reiver kit today. The models are great looking, but you have far fewer options for posing compared to small marines. I am just a bit disappointed, to be entirely honest.

E: Ok, what the gently caress. Look at the PDF they've uploaded along with the Repulsor etc:

quote:

Intercessor Sergeants from the Blood Angels and Space
Wolves Chapters cannot take a power sword as an option, but
can instead take a chainsword. Intercessor Sergeants from
the Deathwatch Chapter can take either a power sword or
a chainsword as an option. Intercessor Sergeants from the
Dark Angels Chapter can take a power sword as an option
as normal.

I can think of literally no reason for them doing this except as a punch in the dick. Blood Angels and Space Wolf Intercessors are objectively worse at close combat that vanilla marines. You know, two of the most close combat focused chapters out there.

Pendent fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 29, 2017

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

JoshTheStampede posted:

The company champion has a combat shield listed in his skills but not his wargear. Does he have one or not?

I noticed this too. I think it was a equipment line omission, and he has one (and has to pay for it).

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

WhiteWolf123 posted:

I noticed this too. I think it was a equipment line omission, and he has one (and has to pay for it).

Eldar Autarchs are like this - Force Shield (4+ Inv save) is listed as an ability not as wargear, but in the back there's an 8-pt cost for it. I think the sensible thing is to just pay the points for it.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I'm finally getting the Dark Imperium box. How do the Primaris marines compare to the smaller variety? I'm probably gonna run with the Death Guard since they have sick models (heh), but I may keep the Primaris as a secondary army and choose a cool chapter like Salamanders for them

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Primaris are easier to build and paint and pretty nice kits overall. They'll make your regular MKVII marines look like scrunts tho

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

As much as I want a Mawloc, it can wait after painting that thing.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Ayn Marx posted:

Primaris are easier to build and paint and pretty nice kits overall. They'll make your regular MKVII marines look like scrunts tho

Thanks but I meant tactically

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zuul the Cat posted:

I shamelessly stole Beer4theBeerGods idea and I'm running another Chapter Challenge on my instagram.

I'm also giving away an Anniversary Captain as well, so if you wanted one and can't get one, here's your chance!

All the details are on my instagram page.

Dammit I really want that model, but I want to play the Regal Skulls even more.

Also I stole the idea from someone else it's all good.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Dammit I really want that model, but I want to play the Regal Skulls even more.

Also I stole the idea from someone else it's all good.

Today happened to be my local stores Anniversary. Jump onto my challenge! Paint up another one. :)

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
A friend and me are having a vehicle duel next weekend. 2000 points of his guard vs my iron hands. Should be fun. He plans to take down my stormraven with massed hellhounds.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zuul the Cat posted:

Today happened to be my local stores Anniversary. Jump onto my challenge! Paint up another one. :)

Another Regal Skull?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Does a roll of one automatically fail, or can it be modified?

In other words can Sgt Telion decide he will never miss?

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Rolls of 1 are always failures, regardless of modifiers.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ooooo, pigging back on this question, if a natural 1 does miss, do you still take modifiers into account when determining abilities that only trigger on a 1? i.e the mortal wound/instant death from plasma.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

Ooooo, pigging back on this question, if a natural 1 does miss, do you still take modifiers into account when determining abilities that only trigger on a 1? i.e the mortal wound/instant death from plasma.

Natural 1s always miss. Stuff like plasma death is triggered on 1s after mods, not naturals.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

Yes. One of the FAQs noted these effects trigger before mods.

Edit: i stand corrected ignore me.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Another Regal Skull?

Yeah, I'll let you that one over into mine! Just message me on IG so I know it's you.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Finally got a Dark Imperium box. The Umbrageous Inculpators shall live :getin: Wanna have enough built up for next week's Konor event.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

WhiteWolf123 posted:

It was like this in the Index, you don't need to pay for anything. It's weird, but "Combat Shield" is just a rule listed there, saying "you have a 5++." It's laid out like any other model rule. It's identical to the wording on the Iron Halo rule, or half a dozen other Invuln granting rules. Your model just gets that sweet save. Yeah, it is named identically to the wargear.

But check it out - the unit that can take the Wargear, Assault Marines, has very different wording on the rule. It says that "a model EQUIPPED with this has a 5++." It follows that the Champion would have the same wording - "Equipped" - as similar rules if he was supposed to have a piece of wargear. Instead, it's the same wording as an Iron Halo.

So they basically named your cool Invuln rule the same as a piece of wargear for no other reason than to make things confusing.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
It's especially important because combat shield havers can take the Shield Eternal relic.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Xpost, maybe you can help identify these

Munchables posted:

Found these at my LGS

I really like the knight dude and might convert him somehow to be a captain or chapter master or something for my army, and the helmet dude with the bayonetted gun I'll probably be using for a fallout rpg or something. The dude with the goopy paintjob and no hands looks like he has a stormtrooper face when you get up close and I laughed really hard when I saw it.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Munchables posted:

Xpost, maybe you can help identify these
Top dude is a Chaos Warrior body. I don't recognize the head. Armless dude in the middle is a plastic Warzone miniature. You can get a box of eighty of em, split half between that WWI Brit look he has and a WWI German look from Prince August for around forty bucks. They've got about three poses for rank and file. The dude above him might also be a Warzone mini; he looks about the same, but I don't recognize the exact model. His gun is certainly similar. Fourth dude looks like a positively ancient GW Ork with a Missile Launcher. The weapon itself I think is from another GW kit, maybe Space Marines (I don't know if Orks for that specific bit?) and is of similarly old vintage. Dude below him is another old Chaos Warrior but this time with a Chaos Space Marine arm and chainsword attached. (I know this because my buddy has some of these and they sucked to rank up.)

Bottom man is a skeleton, but, uh, that's all I got.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Fuegan posted:

This looks fantastic as well. Loving the trend of super-clean Tyranids in the thread

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zuul the Cat posted:

Yeah, I'll let you that one over into mine! Just message me on IG so I know it's you.

I guess I need to sign up for IG then!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Can a Repulsor take two Gatling cannons?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Can a Repulsor take two Gatling cannons?

Yeah a heavy one in the turret and a regular one on the pintle mount.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Yeah a heavy one in the turret and a regular one on the pintle mount.

Can it take another to replace the extra stubber it can have?

For that matter does an Icarus heavy stubber qualify as a heavy stubber for purposes of replacing things?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Can it take another to replace the extra stubber it can have?

Not according to the store page no:

quote:

- a turret-mounted heavy onslaught gatling cannon, which can be replaced with a las-talon;
- a front-mounted twin heavy bolter, which can be replaced with a twin lascannon;
- a pintle-mounted Icarus irontail heavy stubber, which can be replaced with an onslaught gatling cannon;
- a rear-mounted Icarus rocket pod, which can be replaced with an irontail heavy stubber;
- 2 krakstorm grenade launchers, which can be replaced with 2 storm bolters or 2 auto launchers.

Don't know about the second question.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Von Humboldt posted:

Top dude is a Chaos Warrior body. I don't recognize the head. Armless dude in the middle is a plastic Warzone miniature. You can get a box of eighty of em, split half between that WWI Brit look he has and a WWI German look from Prince August for around forty bucks. They've got about three poses for rank and file. The dude above him might also be a Warzone mini; he looks about the same, but I don't recognize the exact model. His gun is certainly similar. Fourth dude looks like a positively ancient GW Ork with a Missile Launcher. The weapon itself I think is from another GW kit, maybe Space Marines (I don't know if Orks for that specific bit?) and is of similarly old vintage. Dude below him is another old Chaos Warrior but this time with a Chaos Space Marine arm and chainsword attached. (I know this because my buddy has some of these and they sucked to rank up.)

Bottom man is a skeleton, but, uh, that's all I got.

Cool, thanks :) There were a bunch of those dudes with the silver gun in the bin, and they're solid metal, everything else is plastic. I grabbed the ork because he little smiling face is just so :3: and there were also a few metal orks in there that my gf grabbed

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Fuegan posted:

This looks great. I would have lost patience with all those line highlights, but the end result is definitely worth it!

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
GW updated the primaris points PDF, screwing blood angels yet again. We can't take power swords on intercessors, but can take a chainsword. And we can add the new non-primaris lieutenants to the list of things (contemptor dreads, cataphractii and tartaros terminators, non-stormraven fliers, land speeder storm, centurions) that we inexplicably can't take. I know everyone else is waiting for their codexes too, but it really feels bad to see the other marines getting toys that we can't use. I'm getting closer and closer to running mine as generic red marines for the next few months.

https://www.games-workshop.com/reso...4_July_29th.pdf

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

gently caress building these new dread legs.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I posted about the power sword thing a bit ago. It's a seriously baffling decision; the only reason I can think of for this is that somehow chainswords will be buffed in our codex and they want us to model our Intercessors "correctly." It's definitely really interesting to me that this is actually the only situation where a Primaris model can take a chainsword at all.

I have no complaints about the lack of Lieutenants as that is an entirely new unit introduced in the new marine codex. I'm confident we'll get them ourselves when the time comes.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Finished the Bestigor Scions for the herd. Paint job is TT quality but hey it gets the job done right? I can't find the drat DSLR so I took quick phone shots. Overall these were the easiest out of all the conversions I've had to do for this army. I still have the Minataurs to paint, and Centigors to assemble.

I've figured for sentinels I'll use the Tuskgor-led chariots and find a way to add in a special weapons mount somehow.

Shot of the squad:

Non-special weapons duders have HS lasguns

Plasma dudes are monopose so I made one sorta different

One of the two melta dudes

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, wait, you're telling me that; instead of releasing their codex and saying, "here's the official release, use this from now on!" and sticking to it, they're getting you to use the stop-gap book (which you paid money for) for units and entries they were too lazy to put into their brand new, officially official book of bigmars, which STILL costs as much to buy as before?

This is fine.

Also, I have learnt that there is no point to take anything other than Dark Lances for Dark Eldar. Haywire Blasters can only net you four wounds on a vehicle, at most and Heat Lances are steaming, hot garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

WhiteWolf123 posted:

It is. If you can't use a unit or configuration as outlined in the Codex, you have to default back to the points in the Index.

But the unit does gain access to the special rules in the Codex though, like Chapter Tactics, Stratagems and the like.

this is absolutely stupid