Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

In 20 years someone is going to try to say that Bo Dallas being an idiot is proof of the effects of CTE

Well to be fair, we don't know FOR SURE that CTE can't have genetic effects. Uh...right? I mean no one has proven that it can't, right? So, like, IRS might have been hit in the head with so many tax audit files that it made bo bo-lieve in the earth being hollow like an empty M&M except with giants in the center instead of chocolate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Incessant Excess posted:

Bo Dallas manages to be a bigger idiot than AJ Styles.

Well the earth can't be both hollow AND flat!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

oatgan posted:

The episode is required listening. It rules. Bo Dallas cites "Heaven is for Real" as a primary source

He does know that the subject of that has straight up said it was a hoax, like the moon landing

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
im incredibly happy i listened to a wrestling podcast today

listen to the bo TiJ

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Platypus Farm posted:

Bo Dallas isn't David Icke because at least David Icke was coherent when he talked nonsense.

I really liked David Icke until he got racist as poo poo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Platypus Farm posted:

Right, I was about to say there isn't much in the ancient wonder category that wasn't built by people who weren't at least a little colorful. If you're talking about like ancient greek stuff, there's a pretty vast rift between the pyramids and the colossus of rhodes.

And what I mean by that is the colossus of rhodes was the son of an ancient plumber

The Meso American pyramids were built well into the common era, Bo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I watched like half an episode of Ancient Aliens and just gave up in disgust after several instances of:

"Expert": Well some people say this was built using accepted engineering practices of the time, and that is certainly possible... but what if it was aliens that actually showed up and told them how to do it. That's also possible!
Narrator: Now that we have established that aliens showed them how to build stuff, the question becomes why?
"Expert": Well it could be for many reasons, perhaps the pyramids were meant as transmitters to triangulate a target in a giant interstellar war happening at the time?
Narrator: Now that we have established the pyramids were targeting devices for an interstellar war, the question becomes what was the war about?
"Expert": The war could have been due to G'Nathor the Bloodthirsty stealing Kthrx - the princess of the insectoid Nxx-Vrrt-Hkk race - in order to force the Emperor's hand regarding trade negotiations. Certainly that would be in G'Nathor's wheelhouse of tactics....

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I watched like half an episode of Ancient Aliens and just gave up in disgust after several instances of:

"Expert": Well some people say this was built using accepted engineering practices of the time, and that is certainly possible... but what if it was aliens that actually showed up and told them how to do it. That's also possible!
Narrator: Now that we have established that aliens showed them how to build stuff, the question becomes why?
"Expert": Well it could be for many reasons, perhaps the pyramids were meant as transmitters to triangulate a target in a giant interstellar war happening at the time?
Narrator: Now that we have established the pyramids were targeting devices for an interstellar war, the question becomes what was the war about?
"Expert": The war could have been due to G'Nathor the Bloodthirsty stealing Kthrx - the princess of the insectoid Nxx-Vrrt-Hkk race - in order to force the Emperor's hand regarding trade negotiations. Certainly that would be in G'Nathor's wheelhouse of tactics....

Right, and how is this not at least as awesome as Raw?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Jerusalem posted:

Later episodes are better because it's just

Narrator: 5 minute long explanation about actual historical event

then

Ancient Aliens dude: but aliens did it tho

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Would Ancient Aliens actually be a good show if you edited out the stuff about aliens?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

you should watch Hunting Hitler

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

you should watch Hunting Hitler

I haven't seen that, but the aliens stuff reminded me of whenever Bryan Alvarez would bring a Bigfoot expert onto his After Dark show (:rip:)

Bryan: So have you ever seen/met/recorded/witnessed a Bigfoot? Or met anybody else who has?
Expert: No, never, not once.
Bryan: So what can you tell us about them?
Expert: Well they grow to 8 feet tall, mate for life and have an average of two children each. They live in a strictly matriarchal society and subsist on an entirely vegetarian diet. They dislike dogs but love cats, and are endlessly fascinated by their own reflections. They build homes only from dead wood and have developed a religion around the worship of a Mother-God figure they call Fiola, though some merely pay lipservice to the religion for status reasons....

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Hunting Hitler basically starts out as "well what if Hitler escaped, then where would he go" which in turn leads to people running around Argentina and harassing locals for really bad reasons

the last episode ends at the Bavarian themed resort and they try to pry open buildings to see if they were building weapons and they get kicked out

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That actually sounds amazing :xd:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Venomous posted:

Would Ancient Aliens actually be a good show if you edited out the stuff about aliens?

Yeah it would be a solid show about cultural history

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Speaking of, does Bryan still do After Dark? I don't think I've seen it on the front page in a while.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good Listener posted:

Speaking of, does Bryan still do After Dark? I don't think I've seen it on the front page in a while.

Think he got too busy, especially after he started spawning.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Randaconda posted:

Think he got too busy, especially after he started spawning.

That checks out. He'll probably bring it back some time when he gets bored again.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem posted:

The worst part of Ancient Aliens and the whole idea of it is that its just a bunch of people who can't wrap around the idea that people in pre-Columbus America and pre-colonization of Africa weren't primitive savages and in fact were more than capable at creating advanced cities and engineering.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

achillesforever6 posted:

The worst part of Ancient Aliens and the whole idea of it is that its just a bunch of people who can't wrap around the idea that people in pre-Columbus America and pre-colonization of Africa weren't primitive savages and in fact were more than capable at creating advanced cities and engineering.

Right?

It's never "Who built the Colossus of Rhodes??" or "Did aliens build the Parthenon?"

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Aliens built the Parthenon

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They didn't build the Colossus of Rhodes but they did steal it, those alien bastards :mad:

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Action Bronson watching ancient aliens is the best thing related to it.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Stonehenge has more stupid alien theories about it than anything. People are dumb and don't understand that things could be built without computers and machines. They ignore the greek ones because we have tons of literature and history from them that makes them seem more "modern" even though they aren't and people are too lazy to look up dates.

Not everything in the world is about race, sorry. The people on Ancient Aliens are just pretending to be incredibly stupid to make money. They are essentially pro wrestlers. But with more pretending.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Didn't one dude make a replica of Stonehenge by himself, with tools they would have had available?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

They didn't build the Colossus of Rhodes but they did steal it, those alien bastards :mad:

Don't worry the second ref reversed the decision afterwards so the Colossus was still in the 4 Horseman's hands at the next TV tapings

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Stonehenge has more stupid alien theories about it than anything. People are dumb and don't understand that things could be built without computers and machines. They ignore the greek ones because we have tons of literature and history from them that makes them seem more "modern" even though they aren't and people are too lazy to look up dates.

Not everything in the world is about race, sorry. The people on Ancient Aliens are just pretending to be incredibly stupid to make money. They are essentially pro wrestlers. But with more pretending.

I only believe that with Von Daniken, the rest are legit I think

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Stonehenge stuff generally doesn't have the subtext of "how did these primitive people make this advanced structure" because it's a pile of rocks. I consider ancient astronaut poo poo a major guilty pleasure, man, but it's not a coincidence like 80% of it is about how aliens must have taught the Egyptians/Mayans/Aztecs math.

Like, there's ancient astronauts stuff that isn't that, like "these cave paintings/glyphs/etchings represent memories of alien visitations" and those tend to have a lot more European stuff (and are generally way more fun, imo). But there's absolutely a racial basis to the stuff that's about aliens constructing nonwhite peoples' wonders, and that's a huge chunk of what ancient astronauts is.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Jericho owns and I'm happy he's smart enough to let Bo just go and not challenge anything. When you get a crazy person going you just gotta keep on giving them more rope and ask as many open ended questions as possible.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

F4W subscribers should go back and listen to the amazing Larry Z interview from 2012.

quote:

the true story of the human race, the pyramids, who killed JFK and why, the end of the world and a new golden age, and more.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

F4W subscribers should go back and listen to the amazing Larry Z interview from 2012.

You mention this and I hear "we are all beings of light, brother" and I can't recall if that's something he said or just a meme that eventuated around the time of that interview as something completely crazy he could have said.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

BWV posted:

Jericho owns and I'm happy he's smart enough to let Bo just go and not challenge anything. When you get a crazy person going you just gotta keep on giving them more rope and ask as many open ended questions as possible.

The story of Art Bell being a goddamn master.

Anyway when Alvarez was on Art's radio network a couple/three years back, he and another guy on the network had a pissing contest and it eventually ended in alvarez winning said pissing contest because the other guy was a mega douche, and then alvarez quit, art quit for like the eighth time and...wait, no one cares, sorry. Anyway yeah

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Platypus Farm posted:

The story of Art Bell being a goddamn master.

Anyway when Alvarez was on Art's radio network a couple/three years back, he and another guy on the network had a pissing contest and it eventually ended in alvarez winning said pissing contest because the other guy was a mega douche, and then alvarez quit, art quit for like the eighth time and...wait, no one cares, sorry. Anyway yeah

I care because none of Art's comebacks lasted long enough for me to get a new NYE predictions special :(

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I watched the OSW Review of Halloween Havoc 95 and thought it was pretty entertaining, any episodes in particular people would recommend to check out?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

OSW review kind of builds on itself with injokes and references so it's better just to start from the beginning

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 30, 2017

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

After the UFC stuff today's Observer Radio was the return of G1 Dave which is always best Dave!

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I bet Bo Dallas believes the sun is cold. After all, if the sun is hot, why is space cold? Why is it cold on top of Mt Everest if you're closer to the sun up there?

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Incessant Excess posted:

I watched the OSW Review of Halloween Havoc 95 and thought it was pretty entertaining, any episodes in particular people would recommend to check out?

The wrestlemania 9 episode is really good. Starting from the beginning is ideal but if you want a single episode that's really good that one is the best imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

TheHoosier posted:

The wrestlemania 9 episode is really good. Starting from the beginning is ideal but if you want a single episode that's really good that one is the best imo

Doink brah you making kids cry brah??

• Locked thread