Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
E: read twice, post never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Since when does Forest Gump have aids? I will not allow these lies

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's in the loving horrible book?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
He does not have AIDS.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dabo is Goku
Saban is Vegeta

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Dabo is Goku
Saban is Vegeta

CPJ is Krillin
Petrino is Piccolo

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Hugh Freeze is Master Roshi

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
No adding games until you start actually paying players imo

Metapod posted:

Since when does Forest Gump have aids? I will not allow these lies

Jenny dies from it and I guess people extrapolate that he does too because they have sex? There's no actual indication of this though. I wish he did though because that movie is loving trash

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PostNouveau posted:

Maybe it's in the loving horrible book?

I like the first book. :unsmith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MourningView posted:

Jenny dies from it and I guess people extrapolate that he does too because they have sex? There's no actual indication of this though. I wish he did though because that movie is loving trash

I like that movie. :colbert:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MourningView posted:

You don't like a movie I like? Okay bitch MEET IN TEMECULA AT DAWN

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Its barely a loving movie it's just "HEY BOOMERS REMEMBER THIS THING THAT HAPPENED??? LOOK HOW SPECIAL AND IMPORTANT YOU WERE!!" over and over accompanied by the most obvious possible music cues. Tom Hanks is very charming and likable if you can ignore the kinda gross depiction of mental disabilities but that's pretty much the only thing remotely holding it together.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 30, 2017

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Not that they're waiting on my permission, but I think baby boomers should be allowed to feel good about themselves.

When I was growing up people always told me I sounded like Forrest Gump. Like, strangers would tell me that.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MourningView posted:

Its barely a loving movie it's just "HEY BOOMERS REMEMBER THIS THING THAT HAPPENED??? LOOK HOW SPECIAL AND IMPORTANT YOU WERE!!" over and over accompanied by the most obvious possible music cues. Tom Hanks is very charming and likable if you can ignore the kinda gross depiction of mental disabilities but that's pretty much the only thing remotely holding it together.

You have no soul, MV. :(

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

MourningView posted:

In 10th grade world history, we had to pick a historic event and do a 15 minute presentation/video on it... One girl picked "JFK" as her event and literally just showed a 15 minute video of still shots of JFK with no narrative and had the Forrest Gump soundtrack playing behind it. Our teacher, being a boomer, gave her an A+.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

You have some really bad opinions

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MourningView posted:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

General Dog posted:

Not that they're waiting on my permission, but I think baby boomers should be allowed to feel good about themselves.

When I was growing up people always told me I sounded like Forrest Gump. Like, strangers would tell me that.

Boomers feeling good about themselves ruined this country, don't @ me

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

Boomers feeling good about themselves ruined this country, don't @ me

Yea

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

just remembered that the big ten tried to make northwestern play friday night games and northwestern refused and the big ten actually caved to northwestern like it was a real football team

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

I like the first book. :unsmith:

The one where Forrest Gump becomes and astronaut, and he goes up into space with an orangutan, and they crash in New Guinea among a tribe of cannibals who don't eat them because the chief likes playing chess against the orangutan? That book?

General Dog posted:

Once again, you never fail to disappoint.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MourningView posted:

Boomers are the country's shittiest generation by leaps and bounds but you are an angry dude.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PostNouveau posted:

The one where Forrest Gump becomes and astronaut, and he goes up into space with an orangutan, and they crash in New Guinea among a tribe of cannibals who don't eat them because the chief likes playing chess against the orangutan? That book?

Once again, you never fail to disappoint.

Yes. :colbert:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Crotch Bat posted:

Boomers are the country's shittiest generation by leaps and bounds but you are an angry dude.

I am super angry yes

(I have been known to exaggerate for effect but please don't tell anyone)

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 30, 2017

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

General Dog posted:

And you've grown up to be a simple man longing for simpler times...

:thunk:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I thought Forrest Gump was good the first and only time I saw it, but I never had any desire to watch it ever again.

I'm watching Mizzou/Illinois from 2007 on SECN's Missouri day and find myself getting angry about officiating from a game 10 years ago that I already know my team won.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The actual Very General Dog part of that post was thinking Boomers are good

Grittybeard posted:

I thought Forrest Gump was good the first and only time I saw it, but I never had any desire to watch it ever again.

I'm watching Mizzou/Illinois from 2007 on SECN's Missouri day and find myself getting angry about officiating from a game 10 years ago that I already know my team won.

Im glad they also do the BTN thing where they pretend the team was always in the conference.

Noted Big Ten Legend Eric Crouch

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Crotch Bat posted:

Every generation is full of jackasses. The Boomers at least gave us Spurrier and not Dabo.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Big Ten Classic Rutgers vs lol just kidding

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Incoherence posted:

Prediction: Rice is awful this year and gets dunked on so hard by Stanford in Sydney that no Australian will dare set foot on the Rice campus for a hundred years

Australians not caring about American football will be more taken in by the cynical hijinks of the Rice Band which will lead to the destruction of Stanford as an institution of higher learning within 20 years.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

MourningView posted:

The actual Very General Dog part of that post was thinking Boomers are good

I'm a goon who don't hate he own parents, a shameful goon

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

General Dog posted:

I'm a goon who don't hate he own parents, a shameful goon

My parents are two of the good ones

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Holy gently caress Forrest Gump was a loving book

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MourningView posted:

What MV said, with extra emphasis on that being the corniest loving major movie in history. At best it's offensively washed, at worst it's a crystallization of all that boomers have hosed up.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

milk milk lemonade posted:

There's also a sequel where he does 80s stuff like accidentally invent New Coke.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Yea whatever, loving nerds.

*loads up next Criterion Collection Laserdisc*

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I know the movie hasn't aged well, but it's miraculously good when you look at the source material.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

same

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wa27 posted:

There's also a sequel where he does 80s stuff like accidentally invent New Coke.

And played for the New Orleans Saints.

The movie: Great
The books: Trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Pleas tell me he comes up with the title "Smells Like Teen Spirit" or something

• Locked thread