Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

ArkInBlack posted:

I too enjoy using a gun with worse ammo pick up than an RPG-7.

Also it never feels like the G3 is as accurate as it says it is? I feel I miss more shots than I should with 100 Accuracy with it. Combined with the ammo pickup problems I can't run the gun and feel anything other than frustrated.

It's just fun as gently caress to use. Accuracy never feels like a problem to me. Again, console so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I've been used to these controls since 2013 or whenever it first came out. I'm used to the sluggish controller aiming.

Also I am pumping the breaks on that 1D comment up there. Shoulda been DW.

The G3 full auto reminds me of the Eagle but way more visceral. I will always have a soft spot for JP and Falcon as well.

I've posted this before but some reason I have like no success with shottys and pistols in this game. I like the rifle and smg gameplay though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So, Swims, you console guys got the 1 Down update right? Did they give you the full, framerate killing brunt of it or did they tone it down somewhat?

swims
May 5, 2014

1D is pretty heavy. I don't know what the benchmark is for PC variation in cops. I play with a dude who plays PC too so I'll check with him.

It's not uncommon for what feels like 3 or 4 bullies and 5 or 6 Sheilds and a handful of tazers plus zeal cops all at the same time. If that gauges it? Diamond museum can get loving nuts and I think I counted 8 snipers on Dockyard last time I played it.

In general I prefer DW. But I have so many hours and max level that every room I join the host usually forces a 1D mission and thinks I will carry and we inevitably get smashed.

One of my buddies is almost strictly 1D but he's probably one of the top guys I've played with ever in the life of this game.

I also still occasionally host OVK nightclubs and blown rats cause I still love those jobs. Especially if I have new guys in the lobby. Many console guys are very loving smug and balk at OVK jobs but gently caress those guys.

There's very little stutter in what's commonly complained as an unoptimized game- by console players themselves. I have very few dsync issues and the lag is usually very minimal, if at all.

My only gripe is crimenet does not exist. LFG helps and I still got 5 or 6 guys that regularly play though.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I don't have word of god, but I believe the same changes in max cop numbers that occur on PC also occur on console.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

We had to, for science.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Help me refine my hickok45 build.

PRIMARY: Repeater 1874 for standard hickok45 videos; the cowboy long arms he reviews are sick nasty and are probably his favorite in general with 400 grain slugs
SECONDARY: The stryk/glock17, for team glock and the fun switch
MELEE: Anything really for pumpkin killing methods. Preferably survival tomahawk
THROWABLE: Any of the non explosive throwables, preferably the axes for more pumpkin killing methods
PERK DECK: poo poo I don't know. Sociopath/maniac for laughing whenever he shoots a target? Grinder for getting wet from 2-liters and drinking the high fructose corn syrup for health? Infiltrator for even more pumpkin killing methods?
ARMOR: Again, I don't know. Suit because he doesn't wear armor?
EQUIPMENT: Ammobag for Bud's gun shop sponsoring.
MASK: Groucho glasses for facial hair
PERK TREE: Whole lotta melee perks to make use of the pumpkin killing methods, probably skills in the rifleman tree for the long range compound shots and techforcer skills for the glock, inspire and revenant perks because life is good.

HEIST: Must be played only on the bomb forest or the train heist for woods walks and the compound. Bulldozers are the gong, medics are the red plate, cloakers are bowling pins, tasers are the cowboys, and shields are various animals further back. Normal cops are the 2-liters

I did this with some pubs and got them all in a good mood sitting on a cliff and taking potshots at cops together via a shooting range, it was beautiful :unsmith:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

chairface posted:

We had to, for science.

I don't get it, what were you sciencing?

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

UnknownMercenary posted:

I don't get it, what were you sciencing?

It looks like another rousing game of "Does this C4 hurt me or not?"

EorayMel posted:

inspire and revenant perks because life is good.

:golfclap:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I try to follow up on the thread and PD2 news but stuff slips through. Is there anything missing from the OP that people would like? I know nobody reads it but

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

No real news since the Crime Spree revamp and no major gameplay additions since Sangres was added. Overkill is likely ramping up for this year's "how can we gently caress up the game this time?" event.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Overkill have been on holiday for the last two weeks, so they're all refreshed and set to ruin everything anew.

Prior to that was the desync fix beta testing/implementation. It went extremely well

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 1, 2017

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Oh boy desync chat, an excuse to post my own video

The funny part is that it worked better in the open beta than it did when the update went live (and that's after you count disabling all possible mods that would interfere).

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Several goons have requested Houston Ugly Vase to be put in the OP

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Oh boy desync chat, an excuse to post my own video

The funny part is that it worked better in the open beta than it did when the update went live (and that's after you count disabling all possible mods that would interfere).

It feels a bit like what's happened a couple times in the past, where it seems like some parts of the beta mysteriously don't find their way in.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
They might nerf Crime Spree. Some people are pointing out - not unreasonably - that the current system has the potential to create a shitload of crappy high-level players.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wastrel_ posted:

They might nerf Crime Spree. Some people are pointing out - not unreasonably - that the current system has the potential to create a shitload of crappy high-level players.
Uh, what?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Wastrel_ posted:

oh no, crime spree didnt change a thing, gotta be nerfed

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Join a rank 10,000 FBI Server run, gain absurd XP, repeat.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Wastrel_ posted:

This has already been a problem for 2 years

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Ah yes, the true problem in Payday: power leveling.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Crime Spree has the potential to make the problem much worse because it appeared at the same time that the Ultimate Edition added a large number of new players.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Sarcasm aside, that's not even in the top ten (or even top twenty) things that need to be looked at/fixed right now. Even if some newbie gets dragged to the cap without firing a shot, so what? Everything past infamy 5 is mechanically empty, and this isn't a MMO. There's no level scaling so that being XXV-100 makes you do more damage to cops or something.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I too wish Overkill would fix the difficulties instead of dragging their heels until October.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

UnknownMercenary posted:

I too wish Overkill would fix the difficulties instead of dragging their heels until October.

Historically, nothing gets fixed in October, things get made a lot lot worse.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Malek posted:

Historically, nothing gets fixed in October, things get made a lot lot worse.
That's not true. They fixed having too large a player base in the last two.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

maswastaken posted:

:perfect:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

maswastaken posted:

:vince:

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

maswastaken posted:

You make me miss playing this game.

swims
May 5, 2014

Player IQ has always trumped player level.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

You make me miss playing this game.

I miss you playing the game :(

(I haven't played it in a while myself)

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Tempest_56 posted:

Sarcasm aside, that's not even in the top ten (or even top twenty) things that need to be looked at/fixed right now. Even if some newbie gets dragged to the cap without firing a shot, so what? Everything past infamy 5 is mechanically empty, and this isn't a MMO. There's no level scaling so that being XXV-100 makes you do more damage to cops or something.

Overkill has not been great at prioritizing fixes. Also, this issue makes the pubstove ever hotter.

Not that I really care, I mean I've had this game for 4 years and played it for 2k+ hours so lovely players are very much par for the course for me, but just putting it out there that people are raising it as a problem so Overkill might do some more loving around with Crime Spree. Personally I would just like to see Crime Spree making more sense, eg not offering Yacht Heist or Car Shop as an option when you already have the modifier that allows you to answer 0 pagers.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

"Not prioritizing fixes" is a bad way of putting it since it's a lot easier to change things that work as intended but not well than it is to figure out why something isn't working and then fixing it.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

maswastaken posted:

:iceburn:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

reminder that lol they're running the wwii raid game on the diesel engine

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Why making iterative balance changes when we can put it in a single patch once a year and then let the game fester and die while we squeeze the remaining playerbase to death with DLC?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

There's not any more paid DLC, aside from the H3H3 folks. C'mon, Merc, you're better than this. The hip new thing is to complain about One Down and safe drop ratios.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

They gave 5 million definite human beings a copy of Payday 2 so it's all about getting them to make a $45 one-off payment, while relying on them to drive skin prices so far into the ground that the nature of rounding ensures they get a 33% cut of all sales.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

There's not any more paid DLC, aside from the H3H3 folks. C'mon, Merc, you're better than this. The hip new thing is to complain about One Down and safe drop ratios.

We still got gouged for 5 more months after Housewarming. Nobody else remembers the shitshow of the Gage Russian pack literally being direct upgrades to existing guns that needed buffs?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i think more accurately nobody else cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I got them for free even, so I wasn't in much a mind to find problems. :v: