Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
He gives one of the passengers of United 93 advice about standing up to bullies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

In the prequels he's actually the one who knocked over the lantern and burns down Chicago

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Gump came up with the egg challenge

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
Gump invented the spread option.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Considering the CFP is in winter, I think your idea is a few months too late.

gently caress that college football is a fall sport.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Forrest Gump took all the Oscars The Shawshank Redemption should have won. Except for Speed. Speed won best sound mixing Academy Award over The Shawshank Redemption. Yes, you read that right, Speed has an Oscar and The Shawshank Redemption does not.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

swickles posted:

Forrest Gump took all the Oscars The Shawshank Redemption should have won. Except for Speed. Speed won best sound mixing Academy Award over The Shawshank Redemption. Yes, you read that right, Speed has an Oscar and The Shawshank Redemption does not.

I guess there was no redemption at the awards for that movie.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

swickles posted:

Speed is better so this seems legit

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Forrest Gump : Shawshank Redemption :: Mark Ingram : Toby Gerhart

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pillsburysoldier posted:

Forrest Gump : Shawshank Redemption :: Mark Ingram : Toby Gerhart

is pulp fiction Suh in this analogy?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I wrote a thing about 2007. y'all

https://www.smokingmusket.com/2017/7/27/16047258/west-virginia-football-2007-season-pitt-good-times-oklahoma

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

blugu64 posted:

Australians not caring about American football will be more taken in by the cynical hijinks of the Rice Band which will lead to the destruction of Stanford as an institution of higher learning within 20 years.
:lol: You think the MOB has the budget to go to Australia. The MOB barely has the budget to go to one bus-trip-distance road game per season.

The MOB got a new band hall (the old football weight room, its first in its entire history which is not a basement or a basketball court) and I have no idea who convinced the university to spend money on it.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

I enjoyed your article my friend :)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Best sound mixing is the oscar they always give out to keep movies from breaking records.

like the year two towers won everything pretty sure master and commander got sound mixing or editing.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

FizFashizzle posted:

Best sound mixing is the oscar they always give out to keep movies from breaking records.

like the year two towers won everything pretty sure master and commander got sound mixing or editing.

It was Return of the King, which won sound mixing but not sound editing. Wasn't nominated for sound mixing. Return of the King still tied the record for most awards though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/76th_Academy_Awards#Awards

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ack that's what i meant

related to lotr, one uruk has killed me so many times on shadow of mordor im pretty sure's strong enough to kill sauron

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

If your coach was a LOTR character, who would they be

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

KKKLIP ART posted:

If your coach was a LOTR character, who would they be

http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Sharku

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

ulmont posted:

It was Return of the King, which won sound mixing but not sound editing. Wasn't nominated for sound mixing. Return of the King still tied the record for most awards though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/76th_Academy_Awards#Awards

Totally a lifetime achievement award sort of thing for ROTK. It wasn't really that good because Peter Jackson is a hack.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Y'all just mad that Gump played for Bama and the movie depicted the god-emperor Bear Bryant.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Gump fathered Nick Saban

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

blugu64 posted:

Gump fathered Nick Saban

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Gump fathered that guy that poisoned Auburn's trees.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

We know at least Gump's son had AIDs.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Was hoping this is was the walker clip

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I heard if you go into the bathroom at the Bubba Gump in Times Square, turn the lights off, and say "LIEUTENANT DAN" into the mirror three times, you get AIDs.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
You know that Joe Paterno movie HBO is making? Well, the Executive Producer is Anthony Scaramucci. Make of that what you will.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

all-Rush mixtape posted:

You know that Joe Paterno movie HBO is making? Well, the Executive Producer is Anthony Scaramucci. Make of that what you will.
eyy, I'm conspiring to cover up child molestationiliano ova here

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The Coastal Carolina head coach is taking a medical leave for the entire 2017 season :stare:

Pete Thamel posted:

Moglia has bronchial asthmatic reaction to allergies which he stressed is “not a disease” and puts him in no imminent danger. But he said the reaction needs to be addressed for his long-term heath, and his doctors are confident that five months off will take care of the problem.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DJExile posted:

The Coastal Carolina head coach is taking a medical leave for the entire 2017 season :stare:

It's obvious to everyone who they should bring back right?

Uh, hope that guy recovers. The idea is to just stay away from allergens for 5 months or something?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Would Coastal Carolina be a step up or step down for Kifffin?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

Would Coastal Carolina be a step up or step down for Kifffin?

They've been better than FAU lately but mostly because Mogila is a good coach. It'd be a step down for Costal Carolina

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Moglia is an interesting case, a big business guy who leaves that all behind and says "you know what I want to do? COACH FOOBAW"...but who puts in the time and effort to actually get good at it rather than trying to buzzword bullshit his way to wins.

e: Shawshank Redemption is middlebrow "prestige" flimflammery

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

D.N. Nation posted:

Moglia is an interesting case, a big business guy who leaves that all behind and says "you know what I want to do? COACH FOOBAW"...but who puts in the time and effort to actually get good at it rather than trying to buzzword bullshit his way to wins.

e: Shawshank Redemption is middlebrow "prestige" flimflammery

He was also a high school coach and lower division DC in the 70s and early 80s before he started his Wall Street career. Then after a few decades of doing that he decided he wanted to coach again and talked his way into an unpaid assistant job under Pelini at Nebraska

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

General Dog posted:

Gump came up with the egg challenge

Nah that was Cool Hand Luke

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I clicked on this thread and all I got was Forrest Gump.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao what

https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/892051509541822465

E: The Football Funhouse › NCAA Offseason N/V: just get your rear end on the Sharkmaster

DJExile fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 31, 2017

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

DJExile posted:

E: The Football Funhouse › NCAA Offseason N/V: just get your Texas A&M on the Sharkmaster

Because they are rear end you see.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I always tell my friends in Alabama; you think Auburn is bad......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
The YouTube kicker from UCF was just ruled ineligible because the NCAA is a giant flaming pile of garbage. Let no man say these kids aren't owned

• Locked thread