Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Get some Hemavol, I used to use it all the time for sick pumps, haven't for at least a year though. Kind of missing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zzulu posted:

Also, I am never vascular

What gives

I want to look like I'm about to explode in a shower of gore as well
I have a vein showing in my arm even though I am 6'0 225lbs and pretty tubby still.

Vascularity is often tied to ped use and/or high blood pressure. You also naturally get more vascular as you age, and some people are just vascular without any of that other stuff.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jul 22, 2017

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Actually it's tied to not being a fat piece of poo poo

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Defiant Sally posted:

Actually it's tied to not being a fat piece of poo poo
whoa, are you calling me a fat piece of poo poo?

you're like the voice inside my head

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 24, 2017

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Please don't kill yourself chester.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Zzulu posted:

Also, I am never vascular

What gives

I want to look like I'm about to explode in a shower of gore as well

Get more blood. It will swell your veins.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Was omw to the gym but turned around and went to mcdonalds... now im gonna just eat and play video games before work.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

Fallows posted:

Was omw to the gym but turned around and went to mcdonalds... now im gonna just eat and play video games before work.

Failure is good at times, since the best motivator in the gym is your past failures and anger.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
And self hate.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

And late 80s industrial music

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Well piss. This keeps happening to me

Every time I go out dirt biking or something where I go flying and take a blow to the chestal area, I get this crushing bruise on my ribs and can't fully inhale. Happened again this past weekend, and now I can't lift or do anything chest-related really.

I've had X-rays a couple of times when this has happened, but nobody ever finds anything, and I just have to sit and stew for 2-3 weeks or longer while it slooooowly clears up.

I don't think I'm unusually fragile, or at least I don't want to think so, but this happens over and over and it really annoys me

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
It's time to buckle down and give up everything fun in your life that might impact your gym performance.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Data Graham posted:

Every time I go out dirt biking or something where I go flying and take a blow to the chestal area, I get this crushing bruise on my ribs and can't fully inhale. Happened again this past weekend, and now I can't lift or do anything chest-related really.

I've had X-rays a couple of times when this has happened, but nobody ever finds anything, and I just have to sit and stew for 2-3 weeks or longer while it slooooowly clears up.

I don't think I'm unusually fragile, or at least I don't want to think so, but this happens over and over and it really annoys me
This happens to me but with planking.

Sadly, I'm not joking, it literally hurts to breathe for at least a week after and I have crippling pain from my rib through my upper traps. If I plank without pushing myself it doesn't happen, but if I go all out and hold it for a while after it starts to suck bad it happens way too often. I am so retarded that I somehow injure one of my ribs or something near there.

My advice is to think about what you're doing and what you could do differently. That's how I solved my problem. Dirt biking seems to be not as tame as planking, though. You can't just be like "I'll do 4 sets of 50s instead of trying to hold it for 1:20 3 times".

Oh, I had this happen in bed once. I was laying in bed and suddenly pushed out fiercely against my stomach for some reason. Like a good brace for compound lifts, except without the part where you're tight. I heard a pop and got the same symptoms. It seems to get less bad every time it happens. I think my body just over reacts and gets inflamed in a dumb spot. I probably did bruise a rib or something at some point and it seems vulnerable to minor reinjury.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jul 28, 2017

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah, usually it's impact that does it, but it's also happened when I was working on cars or the like (I was draping myself over a door sill to work on the pedals and suddenly I felt a pop and OOHH URRGHGHH GOOOODDD welp

To your advice, "don't fall off" could help

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Data Graham posted:

Well piss. This keeps happening to me

sounds like a 'bruised rib' mate

here's a hint, don't take blows to your chest and it will stop

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sweet, thanks, now I know bruised ribs are a thing. I don't know whether I'm more susceptible to them than most, but I keep getting told to suck it up and be more manly, so maybe I just need to practice.

Haha lol wikihow

quote:

Manage your breathing. Before, the most commonly recommended treatment for bruised ribs was wrapping the ribcage in a compression bandage. Turns out that's a terrible idea, because restricted breathing can lead to complications like pneumonia. Repeat: don't wrap your ribs in an elastic compression bandage.

I love getting contradictory advice from different sources

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Especially since you're definitely not taking shallower breaths anyway, that's definitely not restricted breathing :rolleyes:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I strained an intercostal muscle doing abs and that was a week of hell trying to breathe.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Some highchooler had me take a few pictures on his phone of him posing in the locker room. He shoved the phone at me when I came in and I was basically. :yikes:

Am I on a list now or what.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

That's why I never go in the locker room.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

nooneofconsequence posted:

That's why I never go in the locker room.

Lol if you've never popped into the sauna and seen 6 dudes jerking off just lol

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Lol if you've never popped into the sauna and seen joined 6 dudes jerking off just lol

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Ferret King posted:

Lol if you've never popped into the sauna and seen joined 6 7 dudes jerking off just lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've never done that.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
7 is just too many. Have some self respect.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Odd number gets awkward

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Ferret King posted:

7 is just too many. Have some self respect.

If you joined, it would be 7 since there were 6 already in there. I joined in to make it even again.

:colbert:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I stared at a lot of (female) asses tonight I think I'm old enough to not care about being sneaky any more.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Zil posted:

If you joined, it would be 7 since there were 6 already in there. I joined in to make it even again.

:colbert:

If you were the 7th then you would be joining 6 people. God, Bros are bad at numbers

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I stare at my own rear end more than other peoples

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

The Ferret King posted:

If you were the 7th then you would be joining 6 people. God, Bros are bad at numbers

workout every other day, 4 workouts a week, 16 workouts a month

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Fallows posted:

Gay

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Fallows posted:

In The Bushes
Mar 4, 2012
I went for a late workout tonight and the lights were off. "Oh great, gym to myself!" I thought. But no, some dude was sitting in the corner on his phone like a loving creeper. Anyway, that's my creepy people go to the gym at night story.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lifting in the dark?

sounds spooky

spooky gains

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

KyloWinter posted:

workout every other day, 4 workouts a week, 16 workouts a month

That makes no sense. There are only 7 days in a week. If you go every other day that is 3.5 times a week.

Chinatown posted:

lifting in the dark?

sounds spooky

spooky gains

the low light shadows reveal the striations like a fitness ghost

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

Jabronie posted:

the low light shadows reveal the striations like a fitness ghost

Stay safe fitness ghost

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

HukHukHuk posted:

Stay safe fitness ghost

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012

sassassin posted:

I stared at a lot of (female) asses tonight I think I'm old enough to not care about being sneaky any more.

Reminds me of the old dude I saw a couple of days ago, he just stood 2 meters away from the hottest girl in the gym and stared for five minutes. I stare just as much but I use the mirror technique since I think that makes me less creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

Reminds me of the old dude I saw a couple of days ago, he just stood 2 meters away from the hottest girl in the gym and stared for five minutes. I stare just as much but I use the mirror technique since I think that makes me less creepy.

Same level of creepy, but you are only creepy if you get caught.