Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

DiHK posted:

I, DiHK, oath to paint this Blood Angels Librarian and Captain in July

Booley posted:

I, Booley, oath to paint these 6 sanguinary guard in July

LazyAngel posted:

And again! I add to my Oath an Ectros and a Nikaul, still Tohaa, still Infinity

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord_Hambrose, do Oath these five (5) Bigly Regular Boys. 28mm GW.

The Moon Monster posted:

I, The Moon Monster, oath 1 Mage Knight Storm Golem by Wizkids (28mm) for the month of July

I thought the month's theme would be a good time to paint the other Mage Knight I held onto. It's a prepaint, hence the bit of color already on it.

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath a Peacekeeper for July. This is a Guild faction model from Wyrd Games' Malifaux.

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, Oath three scratchbuilt corvettes for July. Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames (using spare frigate parts).

I'm going to go for Need for Speed and Make it Shine with gloss medium/varnish.

Approved!

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Where...where did you find that Skullvane Manse?! I haven't seen whole kits on eBay in ages, let alone anything in an affordable price range.

I picked it up when it first came out, it's taken me an embarrassingly long time to get around to painting it..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths oath nine GW Space Marines (and their fancy bases): five scouts, one primaris lieutenant, and three jetpack guys.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I, Floppychop, oath one Ork painboy on warbike for July. Assembled from various GW bits

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, Oath three scratchbuilt corvettes for July. Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames (using spare frigate parts).

I'm going to go for Need for Speed and Make it Shine with gloss medium/varnish.

Oath Complete!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath addition: 3 Malifaux Oxfordian Mages (32mm) by Wyrd

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, Oath 1 Deff Dread, , GW , 28mm:

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional oath! A knight, assassin, warrior, and herald.

Steamforged Games

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

thespaceinvader posted:

I thespaceinvader do hereby oath this VT-49 Decimator (yes, another one) in 1:270 scale by Fantasy Flight Games.

I masked it off already, I hope that's OK. It's all white underneath.

Oath Complete

Claiming the Jurnal for the shiny windows.

Slightly overdid the engine glow which I'm kinda pissed with myself about, but the overall effect is exactly what I was going for and I'm super pleased with it.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

thespaceinvader posted:

Oath Complete

Claiming the Jurnal for the shiny windows.

Slightly overdid the engine glow which I'm kinda pissed with myself about, but the overall effect is exactly what I was going for and I'm super pleased with it.

That looks brilliant

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I oath to paint this warrior lady (28mm, Bad Squiddo Games), with the stipulation that I'll use washes as little as possible

I feel like I've been using washes as a crutch, and I'll try to step out of my comfort zone.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath to paint this Valandor miniature, by Mantic for Dungeon Saga

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
I, Foolster41 for July oath these three spear and shield guys and this little kolbold/lizardfolk, all by Reaper for my minitures game.
(I hope it's okay I used two images, but I can't get it to focus on both the back and foreground at the same time

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

I, Vermintide, oath one GW Skaven Warpgrinder and one GW Mordhiem treasure chest.

Somethin' quick for the end of this month.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete!

Claiming july - Time to Shine

Also claiming Daily Double for May - A Flying Start and January - Show your Workings and A Recipe for Success

WIP shots of the gold: http://imgur.com/a/viQ9U

Paints used:
Vallejo grey Primer
-Golds-
Scale75 Necro Gold
Scale 75 Dwarven Gold
Vallejo Model Air Aluminum
Vallejo Gloss Varnish
Citadel Nuln Oil Gloss
Citadel Reikland Fleshshade Gloss
Citadel Mithril Silver
-Reds-
Citadel Mephiston Red
Citadel Evil Sunz Scarlet
Citadel Wild Rider Red
-Blacks-
Citadel Abaddon Black
Citadel Eshin Grey
-Dark Silvers-
Citadel Leadbelcher
Citadel Nuln Oil
Citadel Mithril Silver
-Light Silvers-
Citadel Ironbreaker
Citadel Nuln Oil Gloss
Citadel Mithril Silver
-White Parts-
Citadel The Fang
Citadel Fenrisian Grey
Citadel Ulthuan Grey
Citadel White Scar
-Purity Seals-
Citadel Screamer Pink
Citadel Agrax Earthshade
Citadel Pink Horror
-Parchment-
Citadel Zandri Dust
Citadel Agrax Earthshade
Citadel Ushabti Bone
-Eyes-
Citadel Caliban Green
Citadel Warpstone Glow
Citadel Moot Green
-Power Weapons-
Citadel Kantor Blue
Citadel Temple Guards Blue
Citadel Drakenhof Nightshade
Citadel Lahmian Medium
Citadel White Scar
-Bases-
Citadel Rhinox Hide
Citadel Agrellan Earth
Citadel Seraphim Sepia
Citadel Ushabti Bone
Citadel Abaddon Black
-Stone-
Citadel Eshin Grey
Citadel Dawnstone

....holy poo poo that's a lot of different paints

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

moths posted:

I, moths oath nine GW Space Marines (and their fancy bases): five scouts, one primaris lieutenant, and three jetpack guys.

Floppychop posted:

I, Floppychop, oath one Ork painboy on warbike for July. Assembled from various GW bits

The Moon Monster posted:

Oath addition: 3 Malifaux Oxfordian Mages (32mm) by Wyrd

Raphus C posted:

I, Raphus C, Oath 1 Deff Dread, , GW , 28mm:

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath! A knight, assassin, warrior, and herald.

Steamforged Games

Geisladisk posted:

I oath to paint this warrior lady (28mm, Bad Squiddo Games), with the stipulation that I'll use washes as little as possible

I feel like I've been using washes as a crutch, and I'll try to step out of my comfort zone.

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint this Valandor miniature, by Mantic for Dungeon Saga

Foolster41 posted:

I, Foolster41 for July oath these three spear and shield guys and this little kolbold/lizardfolk, all by Reaper for my minitures game.
(I hope it's okay I used two images, but I can't get it to focus on both the back and foreground at the same time

Vermintide posted:

I, Vermintide, oath one GW Skaven Warpgrinder and one GW Mordhiem treasure chest.

Somethin' quick for the end of this month.

Approved!

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete!

Claiming Take One for the Team and Time to Shine. For the latter I tried to make the skulls look like green jade, but I leave it up to the judges as to whether I not was successful.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Oath Complete!

The Primaris guys were pretty fun to paint up. Didn't have the time to do anything fancy this month, but there was more detail that you could pull out if you really wanted to go wild with them. Doubt that I will do a whole army of these guys while I have so much other hobby stuff to work out, but Space Marines are always a easy relaxing thing to slap some paint on.

Going to try to break away from 40k next month.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete

It is smothered in glossy varnish (I like them shiny).

Bonus, here is a group of 3 dredds:

3 dredds and a mega dredd:

3 dredds, a mega-dread and a Gorkanaut type thingy:

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, do oath to paint one Blessed of December from Wyrd Games.

Suuuuper late start this month, but between buying my first home and adopting my first kitten, it's been a hell of a month!

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Final oath! A High Functionary and The Dancer
Corvus Belli and Steamforged Games.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
I, glitchkrieg, do oath to paint this Warhammer Quest Pit Fighter

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in the waning days of July

6 Mining Drills, 5 Bomb Bots, and an Iron Ancestor, all Forge Fathers, by Mantic (28mm)

I need to get on to Motorola about a warranty fix for this scratched up camera lens, only 7 months old and it's already making images like that

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath for July Brun from Warmachine

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition! 5 Raven Clan tokens. For Blood Rage by CMoN.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete!

Those Fury of Dracula figures are small, lovely and miscast boardgame plastic and I hate them. Really happy that I'll never have to paint them again.
I did the Challenge and Get the Crystal with the shiny Blood Rage tokens.
I also did Need 4 Speed with the same tokens, oathed here:

Electric Hobo posted:

There isn't really any common theme about the Dracula hunters so I figure "Take one for the team" will have to wait.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete!

I tried to get a good sheen using gloss varnish on his tanks and vial on his syringe/saw arm for the challenge. I'll leave it to Zark to decide if it qualifies.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete!

Rescue Ranger for the San Francisco.

Jurnul time to shine for the gem on this guys shield.

Here was my initial post for reference:

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for July 2 Hawk Wargames UCM Saratoga Light Cruisers and a UCM San Francisco troop ship, and from Steamforge games for Darksouls 3 sword hollows, 3 crossbow hollows, a herald and a warrior.

The San Francisco will be my rescue for the season as I painted some blue on it months ago then never did anything...

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

And again! I add to my Oath an Ectros and a Nikaul, still Tohaa, still Infinity

Oath Complete!

Experimenting with a new backdrop, come out quite well. Using two lights for once has also helped.
Detail shots of some of them (ignore the extras in a couple of the shots);

Claiming Jurnal for the NMM blue and gold.

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jul 29, 2017

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming journal for the chest, and the shiny warpstone drill bit.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, do oath to paint one Blessed of December from Wyrd Games.

Suuuuper late start this month, but between buying my first home and adopting my first kitten, it's been a hell of a month!

Red Shoe posted:

Final oath! A High Functionary and The Dancer
Corvus Belli and Steamforged Games.

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, do oath to paint this Warhammer Quest Pit Fighter

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in the waning days of July

6 Mining Drills, 5 Bomb Bots, and an Iron Ancestor, all Forge Fathers, by Mantic (28mm)

I need to get on to Motorola about a warranty fix for this scratched up camera lens, only 7 months old and it's already making images like that

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath for July Brun from Warmachine

Electric Hobo posted:

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Skullvane Manse with super shiny telescope lense for Time to Shine

A Talabecland Battle Standard Bearer who's going for the Daily Double - Raise Your Flag for the banner and A Flying Start for the griffon icons

A bunch of possibly recognisable (but now grown up) adventurers and their annoyingly cryptic quest giver. Going for A faithful replica based on pictures from this site

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

grassy gnoll posted:

I, Grassy Gnoll, oath these seven Bolts (Corvus Belli, 28mm scale) for the month of July.

Oath Complete

Claiming Time to Shine and Take One for the Team

Proof of shine

Kinda ambivalent about this set. The gloss on the helmets wasn't a great choice, since it's dampened some of the color transition and it's a little lumpy. But that is seven models done, so I think I've already matched my total output for last season.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete!

2nd go at painting with Black 2.0. Tried putting a gloss coat down first to see if it'd cut down on the amount of texture the last one had. Didn't really work out that well. The tongue and eyes are supposed to be fluorescent yellow. It looks green once it's out of the bottle for some reason.

These came out really well.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

Oath update:

Almost ready to call this lady done. She is.... fine, I guess? I can't help but feel she's not as good as I expected her to be.

I'll give her a final touch tomorrow and get a picture with a proper camera.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath complete!

Feast thy eyes upon hot orange!

Claiming Time to Shine for Eyeball Man Stan's glossy head, although I'm not sure you can really see it in the pic as his head is white anyway.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Geisladisk posted:

Oath update:

Almost ready to call this lady done. She is.... fine, I guess? I can't help but feel she's not as good as I expected her to be.

I'll give her a final touch tomorrow and get a picture with a proper camera.

I'm wondering if you need to go a touch brighter on the red and blue highlights, there are a lot of browns in there maybe making her look a bit muted? I think what you have is good, it may just need a bit of contrast to make it pop.

On the other hand, I've been painting bright comic book minis this month and have been playing with bright orange. Might be affecting my judgement. ;) You are working on a more historical palette so what you have is probably quite appropriate.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

OATH COMPLETE

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied. I like the face - The eyes turned out great. It's only my second time ever painting eyes. I also like the cloak - having it brown on the inside and royal blue on the outside gives it a little more depth. The axe handle is probably the weakest part. I usually just paint axes and spears brown and be done with it, but this time I tried to go for a more weathered, textured look, and I feel like it sorta fell flat on its face.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
OATH COMPLETE

Going by Mantic's product photos and copy, Valandor is supposed to be some sort of flesh-and-blood avatar, like a skinny giant or something. I decided that was dumb so I just did up the model as though it were an animated statue. I like the way it turned out.

Challenge is the shiny metal. I actually took the unusual (for me) step of brushing matte varnish only on the cloak and the base, leaving the metal components glossy with the coat of Pledge I put on first. I think it turned out well.

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete

I was originally aiming to try and make the whole grub look glistening and shiny, but it turned out to be more than I could manage. So instead I focused on giving him shiny eyes, which is hopefully enough for Time to Shine.

Also my first Bones, and was very easy to work with. Next time I'll be more diligent about mold lines. :(

• Locked thread