Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Clay Travis blows rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Clay Travis blows rear end.

Tom Brady sucks eye crusties.

Clay travis wishes he was flesh and blood but he will always be a gumby little idiot. Real travis is a pipedream. send him down To medium security federal prison, where 29.8% of such prisoners reside

What ever happened to that bad punter who keeps on calling people Douchelord Fizzlefuck. just wondering. Wrong thread.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 30, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

according to my unimpeachable and completely fair judgement of points, this fucker's tied at the moment

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Clay Travis is degenerate slime. It's nice for those of you who haven't heard of him outside of this thread (and I envy you) but many of those Kaep people you all seem to hate? He normalizes their opinions and spouts specious arguments for them to repeat, that generously skirt the line with flat out racism. The most dog whistly bullshit to ever dog whistle. Not that he's a one trick pony, he's all about misogyny too!

I suppose this isn't sports related but consider this because it's absolutely amazing, he had an opportunity to get a much bigger show on FS1 but one of the conditions was he'd have to stop talking politics. The man's opinions are too toxic for a company that employs Jason Whitlock and Colin Cowherd.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Grittybeard posted:

Clay Travis is degenerate slime. It's nice for those of you who haven't heard of him outside of this thread (and I envy you) but many of those Kaep people you all seem to hate? He normalizes their opinions and spouts specious arguments for them to repeat, that generously skirt the line with flat out racism. The most dog whistly bullshit to ever dog whistle. Not that he's a one trick pony, he's all about misogyny too!

I suppose this isn't sports related but consider this because it's absolutely amazing, he had an opportunity to get a much bigger show on FS1 but one of the conditions was he'd have to stop talking politics. The man's opinions are too toxic for a company that employs Jason Whitlock and Colin Cowherd.
I also feel like Brady's case this year is kinda weak. He's a perennial candidate because he whines so goddamn much, but Clay Travis's hits just keep on coming.

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
Clay Travis. The grandmother tweets alone are worse than anything Br*dy did in the past year. That poo poo is douche incarnate.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Clay Travis is a hot take guy on FS1 who does morning college football pregame shows. It's his job to make lists like this. Please.

Tom Brady on the other hand, just in the past year...

• continued his shitfit over being caught cheating
  • called his wife a liar
  • promoted Donald Trump and acted all “aw shucks I'm just a simple guy” when confronted
  • said he can play until his mid-forties
  • agreed to pose on the cover of Madden and made a dumb video about how the curse isn't real
  • hawks bullshit fad diet gear and quack science
  • continued to cheat by subverting the salary cap
  • probably cheated in some way he hasn't been caught at yet
  • enabled a cult of sycophants that pounce on any suggestion he did something not elite
  • STOLE MONEY FROM DEVELOPMENTALLY DISABLED CHILDREN
  • looked liked this

fsif fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 30, 2017

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Who exploits ailing people with quack medicine and $80 floor mats? Who undercuts his union by depressing wages for everyone while taking side money from management? Who pledges their loyalty to known liars and cheats like Bill Belichick and Donald Trump? Who does everything to portray themselves as a martyr despite having millions upon millions of dollars and unparalleled professional success? Who betrays their own wife by hiring some hack to call her a liar? Tom Brady is the douche of douches.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Leperflesh posted:

That was back in 2013 or something, as far as I can tell. 1 point vote.

Yeah but I just learned about it.

I think the dead grandma tweets from Clay Travis confirm him as a douche, a purposeful douche, and an irreconcilable douche. Clay Travis' fanbase is full of southern whites that openly opine on how it's hard to be white because we can't use the n-word. Clay Travis will probably shill for any home security company that promises to "teach thugs a lesson" and will pander that directly to SEC fans because they will soak it up. Clay Travis enables Stephen A Smith, Anthony Cumia, and anyone else that resembles the "embrace the debate" approach to anything that promotes themselves and denigrates the competition. Clay Travis wants to be hated because he thinks he is smarter than most people and believes that being in the minority on a debate means that he is probably on the right side of things.

Brady is doing what he does because he is building an empire on the backs of the Patriots fanbase. If you take Tom out of football, or if you put him with a fanbase that wasn't so dull and blind that they would believe his lazy attempts to look pure, he would just be another guy hocking new age remedies and whatnot in his spare time. Brady is a douche, but he just wants to be loved.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

fsif posted:

Clay Travis is a hot take guy on FS1 who does morning college football pregame shows. It's his job to make lists like this. Please.

• called his wife a liar
  • promoted Donald Trump and acted all “aw shucks I'm just a simple guy” when confronted
  • agreed to pose on the cover of Madden and made a dumb video about how the curse isn't real
  • enabled a cult of sycophants that pounce on any suggestion he did something not elite
  • looked liked this

Yeah, this pretty well sums up my views as well. Clay Travis may be a worthy douche, but one that is 100% avoidable, particularly if you don't follow college football. Hell, I had never even heard of him prior to this contest. And what he does (Say stupid poo poo to rile up listeners) is done by so many other hot take artists it has become white noise at this point. Brady's poo poo is more widespread and largely unavoidable if you follow the NFL to any degree, not to even get into all the douchy poo poo enumerated in fsif's list.

Tom Brady.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

• called his wife a liar
  • looked liked this

Alright, I was pretty on-the-fence, but I guess I'll vote for Tom Brady

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
How did Tom Brady steal from kids?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

He stole the hopes and dreams of every young Falcons fan.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Eifert Posting posted:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...9iLI/story.html

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

He stole the hopes and dreams of every young Falcons fan.

That was on the Falcons for blowing the game.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hunt11 posted:

That was on the Falcons for blowing the game.

Yea but kids aren't smart enough to assign blame properly.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Tom Brady because hot take douchebags are a dime a dozen now.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zurreco posted:

I think the dead grandma tweets from Clay Travis confirm him as a douche, a purposeful douche, and an irreconcilable douche.

That's an upgrade to your vote to bring it to 3 points.

However, bobjr's vote just pushed Brady ahead (from a tie) to 41-38, so... yeah. Brady wins! I honestly thought Travis was gonna take it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jason Whitlock vs. Dean Spanos & Family

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Spanos and Family

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I feel like those images represent a cogent and relevant argument worth 3 points

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Spanos and family: wealthy motherfuckers because they inherited a slumlord empire who think they can get away with anything. I mean, they probably can get away with anything because they're rich as gently caress, but they can't get out of being crowned kings of the douchebags on the internet.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Their house is a museum

When people come to see 'em

They really are a scream

The Spanos Family

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
loving Spanos, they destroyed the hope of an entire city, every time a neat cape posts I kinda want to call San Diego PD to perform a wellness check on him, except I'd be terrified the cops would just shoot him

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spanos, because why not hold a city hostage, then when another city offers to pay the ransom, give it to that city instead!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Look the Spanos' are trash silver spoons typical of the NFL and wealthy Americans but Jason Whitlock is a man that looks at Bill Cosby in 2017 knowing all the poo poo there is to know about him and says "that's who I want to be. I want to be a rapist that is used as cover by racists to excuse their poo poo". Jason loving Whitlock gets a broader audience precisely because douchebag racists and Kaep haters need "a good one" to cite and he wants to be it. This is how he's managed to set himself apart from hot take artist Clay Travis. Travis can only offer his bullshit as another white guy but Whitlock gleefully offers to be a racist reference while picking up a paycheck for his latest appearance on Hannity or Tucker Carlson.

The Chargers ownership can only offer up being yet another example of the rich in modern America that socialize their financial risks while demanding profit for doing so.

edit: requesting that Whitlock be given the title Pied Piper of Kaep People and that my name be changed to that.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jul 31, 2017

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I really do think Jason Whitlock's "right-wing America's black friend" act is worthy of the crown, but what put Team Spanos over the top for me is that not only did they screw over a city, they did it incompetently, and now they have the exciting task of building a fanbase in a city that doesn't really want them and a 27k seat MLS stadium.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

**Lives in a Trump-ruled United States, with burgeoning Nazi populations and white supremacists organizing into actual groups intent on exercising political power and justifying their views in the media**

Yeah Clay Travis and Jason Whitlock aren't all that important, and their rhetoric/efforts don't matter. The fanbases don't actually listen to them, and their talk doesn't end up in the football zeitgeist

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The Spanos Family. Ross deserves justice. No one should have to go to LA.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Yeah Clay Travis and Jason Whitlock aren't all that important, and their rhetoric/efforts don't matter. The fanbases don't actually listen to them, and their talk doesn't end up in the football zeitgeist

Your meltdown stole the thunder of my ironic post where I was going to say something about there being only 50,000 Chargers fans and vote for Whitlock.

Instead, I am going to vote for the Spanos family, because moving a team is a tangible “douche” move whereas one can not distinguish a single awful voice shouting in a hurricane.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

pillsburysoldier posted:

**Lives in a Trump-ruled United States, with burgeoning Nazi populations and white supremacists organizing into actual groups intent on exercising political power and justifying their views in the media**

I... think they're more a symptom than a cause. On the list of factors that led to the ascent of the alt-right, I imagine sports hot takes are pretty low.

I really did want to vote Whitlock because of his hat, but I think the Spanos had a strong enough case just with the Bosa contract alone. Moving the Chargers puts it over the top.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Spanos - moving the team after the NFL worked with the city to come up with some sort of funding, but before they could vote to block his move again, was the ultimate bitch move. Since they run an NFL franchise, they'll continue to prosper, but holy hell has the past season been an amazing display of douchebaggery.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Spanos I will come up with a good reason next round but really it is a family moving a team from a place where they are loved to a place where they will be ignored.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I think the most telling thing about House Spanos is that they looked at a ~$300m net gift from the NFL and SD to stay at Qualcomm where they had a fanbase, decided to instead spend almost $1b to get an unfavorable rental deal in a city where no one wants them, then turned around and complained that they couldn't afford to stay in SD and that the city wasn't helping at all. Dean stabbed SD in the front and cried victim at the same time, all with a cigar in his mouth.

When, not if, the LA Chargers experiment completely bombs due to lack of interest and hostile crowds, how will Dean spin that? "We didn't make it to LA quickly enough?" "We should have been allowed to move with our sworn rivals into their historical territory but the savvy Owners made the right call economically and that wasn't fair?"

E: On the topic of fiscal incompetence, I just want to remind you all that Spabos dropped MILLIONS on rebranding efforts and came up with that terribe LA Bolt logo, announced it with a pat on his own back, and then cried foul when almost every sports team ever mocked the concept.

Zurreco fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 31, 2017

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

House Spanos deserves to run into the Brady buzzsaw.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The Spanos Family will find a way to dick over Philip Rivers for his undying loyalty to the organization. They're too obtuse to appreciate the commute he will go through just to line their pockets.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Spanos should run the table IMO. He's an even stupider Art Modell, who is a douche Hall of Famer. No competition.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you were to vote for dean spanos only, not any other member of the family, and provide a 3-point response, would you receive the full amount, just 1 point for voting against only one member of the family, or would the vote go entirely uncounted?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If you were to do that, in theory, I would give you three points. I don't vote, though, so if I were to do that, there'd be zero points awarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
House Spanos are complete and utter douchebags who robbed my city of their football team.

• Locked thread