Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
His sub icon is a loving flexed bicep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
I reported him for threats of physical harm

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

Some more streams you nerds might like to check out:

Teo is a p chill dude with amazing hair and is always in a nice button up shirt.
https://www.twitch.tv/teosgame

Fremily is a married duo that are also chill, frequently run custom games.
https://www.twitch.tv/fremily

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Hockles posted:

I love this sequence

Douche: "BARN BARN I just knocked one"
Chill guy: *takes shots* "Uh, I just got shot at. Maybe barn?"
Other guy: "Yeah, I don't where at"

Yeah he was being a dick and all but his teammates were clearly complete morons

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

The Mash posted:

Yeah. You could hear the mouthbreathing.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

VulgarandStupid posted:

The greatest strength of the UMP is that you can strafe while firing it, but you should probably be ADSing. Since you're more mobile while shooting than with an AR, a lot of people don't expect your speed and when you move, they don't adjust accordingly. The UMP is controllable enough that you can just bring the site back onto your enemy while firing to melt them.

Definitely true. For some reason I personally have a hard time controlling the ump while strafing if it doesn't have a compensator and/or a grip though :( I don't even know why, I'm much weaker with it under those circumstances than with pretty much all other guns and it's frustrating at times (although mostly during very early battles, as its attachments are common as hell, as someone else said)

The Mash posted:

He wasn't even that smart himself. He's right in the sense that setting up a position for late game is extremely important, but what the gently caress were they thinking sticking to what he called "a great spot"? That was arguably one of the worst positions to have to move to pretty much any subsequent circle from. The only way out was down, after which there is no play except 'salvaging the rank' in the water, gently caress that

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 30, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lmao this game doesn't have reconnect? are you loving serious.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

The Mash posted:

they were bad, but bad teammates doesn't excuse being an rear end in a top hat

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Duo with a buddy. Dude by me takes all the ammo and i grab the gun, lead him to my friend. Friend kills him, dies to the other guy, and i clean it up. 80 left. Make it to top 5 on my own then potato aimed the end when i could have won as i had both teams flanked. gently caress

HppyCmpr
May 8, 2011
I think they all made a litany of bad decisions, from one of them not having fuel in a squad game to deciding to run down the cliffs when they were already getting shot at by barns. Their best bet would have been to taken the tree covered hill to their left and catch the team behind pushing the yellow houses or to push down the four houses on the other side of the tree covered hill.

Either way, without a car they were in a bad spot and late getting there. Hindsight is twenty/twenty though and I know I've made some horrible positioning decisions under pressure.

Also you could hear that guy creep up on him.

Linstar
Apr 21, 2010
In my opinion, the ump is an extremely overrated gun. The only redeeming features are guaranteed silencers, low recoil, and fast movement while shooting. The gun is more of a jack of all trades. It is okay at everything, but doesn't excel anywhere. Essentially with an ump you are relying on your opponent making a mistake for you to win a fight.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the pump with a choke is the best gun, you actually end up with a better effective range than the SMGs

chocoTaco
Jul 22, 2017
Hey guys! My new video is out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3_YDspWS4k

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010

Really great stuff, thanks for sharing!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
#1 on my PUBG wish list. Being able to make sneak a toggle.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Can you please stop educating the general pubg public please.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

lmao this game doesn't have reconnect? are you loving serious.

its a beta shawn

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that should've been literally the first thing added after matchmaking. actually before tbh. i lost a squad chicken dinner to it and it was the game's fault crashing (crashed as i added a red dot sight while we had a building secured that ended up being in the final safe area).

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jul 31, 2017

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Ah, hmm. I thought these were pretty rare, two in one pile. (I was later headshot by an uzi.)

Also, first chicken dinner today, yay

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

that should've been literally the first thing added after matchmaking. actually before tbh. i lost a squad chicken dinner to it and it was the game's fault crashing (crashed as i added a red dot sight while we had a building secured that ended up being in the final safe area).

I get the feeling there will never be reconnect and the revolver will always hold 7 bullets.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
The Nagant revolver does hold 7. You reload 9 into it because lol animation.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I swear sometimes I put extra shells in the shotgun too and that fucker still has the racking bug.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Yodzilla posted:

I swear sometimes I put extra shells in the shotgun too and that fucker still has the racking bug.

To avoid the racking bug, try not to fire it down to 0 shells before reload. If you're unsure if your pump is cocked, ADS it. If the hammer is back the striker surface circle is visible, if not click mouse 1. All uncertainty will be gone.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Oh yeah I know it's a thing that's avoidable but it doesn't seem intentional. Have they said if it's that way by design or just an oversight?

goatrope
Feb 24, 2007
hi everybody, goatrope here. tonight i'm gonna be streaming my attempts to get into top 10 in NA solo queue before the ranks reset tomorrow. if this interests you feel free to tune in right here -> https://www.twitch.tv/goatrope

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Woops, I alt-tabbed during the matchmaking and missed the plane.

Time for a nice swim. Good loot in the island military base, at least.

e: Still got to #11 and then died due to my bike suddenly having the urge to do a backflip.

Zomborgon fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jul 31, 2017

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Are they resetting any other progress tonight or just the leaderboards?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
the funny thing is there is already reconnect in this game. you can reconnect to custom lobby games. the feature is 100% programmed and implemented, just not turned on.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
One of my squad mates has had multiple thunderstorms kill his power and he's been able to reconnect to our game no problem. More than once.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I did a cool thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPVQAgUMaa0

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Speaking of shotguns, an old arma bug seems to be in place where, if you have the 2-shot shotty, you can shoot the first shot, then reload, then quickly shoot three bullets instead of two. Easy to try on the gun island in loading.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Got an AWM and a 15x from a crate and then died from full boosted health getting out of my car as it came to a complete stop.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zo posted:

the funny thing is there is already reconnect in this game. you can reconnect to custom lobby games. the feature is 100% programmed and implemented, just not turned on.

whyyy

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Would there be any ways for players to abuse a reconnect system? I can't think of any.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
In custom games if you DC does your char disappear well you're away?

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

Popete posted:

In custom games if you DC does your char disappear well you're away?

You just stand there or keep running until you reconnect/die.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
I just ran into and killed grimmz and I feel cheated that his death rant was only about a minute long. When should I expect my ban?

e: I tuned in afterwards to scrub through the vod

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

how are you supposed to reconnect? Do you hit the matchmaking button again?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

everyone should stream snipe him mercilessly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Have Blue posted:

I just ran into and killed grimmz and I feel cheated that his death rant was only about a minute long. When should I expect my ban?

e: I tuned in afterwards to scrub through the vod

Post a link so we all can Zapruder the encounter for a full 20 minutes.

• Locked thread