Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
my scanner didn't "just work" after the update to windows 10. i thought the scanner was busted but it was a driver issue. i had to download a driver ityool 2017, for a scanner that worked in windows 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Wheany posted:

my scanner didn't "just work" after the update to windows 10. i thought the scanner was busted but it was a driver issue. i had to download a driver ityool 2017, for a scanner that worked in windows 7

gently caress ur scanner

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

I usually reboot it myself after updates to avoid the hassle but sometimes i forget and come in the next morning and the loving thing has restarted itself and blown away all my open windows and tabs and poo poo

you're supposed to be using Windows 10 applications from the Windows Store by Microsoft, they can handle random restarts

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

also, regular applications that people actually use have been able to register to be restarted when the system reboots since Vista, naturally nobody does this because it requires additional effort and everybody already hates and blames Microsoft

pram
Jun 10, 2001

pseudorandom name posted:

you're supposed to be using Windows 10 applications from the Windows Store by Microsoft, they can handle random restarts

:five:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

akadajet posted:

gently caress ur scanner

i intend to, now that i know it was a software issue

burning swine
May 26, 2004

lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

incidentally, thurrott is going through an amusing saga rn because he bought adobe photoshop elements from the windows store for a win10s device and it crashes on boot, and because it's win10s there's basically nothing he can do to try and fix it

he even did a full reinstall of the laptop and it still crashes on launch

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Actually you're supposed to use a mac or a linux for all your serious computer stuff and only use windows as a simple software shim for launching Steam

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

akadajet posted:

gently caress ur scanner

well i guess gently caress my bluetooth and gently caress my accelerometer too

gently caress everythingtm

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

univbee posted:

incidentally, thurrott is going through an amusing saga rn because he bought adobe photoshop elements from the windows store for a win10s device and it crashes on boot, and because it's win10s there's basically nothing he can do to try and fix it

lol

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

univbee posted:

wowowow

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Speaking of Ms breaking updates, I tell my Mac to update overnight and when I get on next it says update failed and 100% of thr time it's due to some poo poo Microsoft application that refused to quit

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDpGtDzAw4I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eI0klTsqnA

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/VishnuNath/status/891019356561317888

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

also enterprise now ignores the 'never reboot automatically' group policy setting >:|

this seems like a thing that could upset people

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

:thunk:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

maybe its just some post-ironic landscape where microsoft will now be rolling after apple and claiming actually they invented it

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

idgi where's the fur

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

josh04 posted:

idgi where's the fur

turn your monitor off

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I never liked the apple keyboard. Or dubstep.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

turn your monitor off

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Wheany posted:

i love that windows fax & scan still has all the aero gradients

i love that half the time i open it, it says "scanner not connected" even though it is

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

turn your monitor off

:eyepop:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

how will shagger spin this ??

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the keyboard is low profile trash, but atleast it has a proper layout. the mouse is probably ok but way overpriced.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

josh04 posted:

idgi where's the fur
they're using it for the background. it's what the mouse and keyboard are sitting on.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I prefer low profile keys like on laptops. the modern keyboard looks good to me but it doesn't need wireless or fingerprint bullshit.
$50 for the wired Apple keyboard was already overpriced and the Microsoft thing is $130.

Microsoft seems to think if they copy the Apple thing where the stuff is more expensive and worse than everyone else's thing it will sell better.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Microsoft needs to not undercut their own OEMs so they need to be overpriced

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
microsoft should kill all oems for being garbage

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

that's how they make all their money though

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

that's how they make all their money though

have you heard of The Cloud™, my dude

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/c0tts/status/891854471709417473 lol if true

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

cinci zoo sniper posted:

same, i put inactivity hours to where i roughly sleep, and it just works. granted, i shut my computer overnight since i dont bitcoin or something

why the gently caress do you have to janitor "inactivity hours"

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

eschaton posted:

because they can't save or version their work like a reasonable person

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

If Microsoft Could Not Put Social Issues / Justice BS on My Computer by Default, That Would be Fantastic
submitted 14 hours ago by Trident1000

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
he's a bitcoiner too

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

eschaton posted:

i set them once to my nighttime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

dont be mean to me posted:

because they can't save or version their work like a reasonable person