Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

Explosions posted:

Analysis: 9S will not pick up any chicks.

Suggestion: The chicks will pick him up instead because he keeps getting captured and knocked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Kavak posted:

Problem is that she comes in like an act late to the story and spends an entire dungeon's worth of time trapped in stone. But it seems possible.

Now, an Emil route...

I'll give you the stone point, but it's not like you play the first 'half' of the game in any playthrough bar the first, so that appearing an act late thing is moot. It's an interesting theory considering you can hear Tyran in later playthroughs.

Not that an Emil playthrough would be anything short of amazing mind you.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I suppose the new intro warrants the question: Is that stubby just a thematically appropriate parallel for Eve or is it actually Eve's consciousness pre-flesh-tones?
Since we don't know enough about Adam and Eve's creation to know if the machines made whole new beings or just uploaded a couple machine minds into much better bodies, feels like it's a bit up in the air. We do know they were definitely connected to the network, unlike most of the other new-behavior machines.

Episode LXIII

The Dark Id posted:

That’s one real design lovely pitfall far too many boss battles seem to neglect avoiding.

Guess what tactic Eve is bring back in style for this last round of the fight!

Just swap around the words in the first one.

Episode LXV

The Dark Id posted:

I’ve use the term “route” for a bit now while we’ve approached Ending A.

9S’s nerd calculations...is interrupted by a distant rumbling from the sky.

Second should be "calculations are"

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I think I figured out why I like the Stubbies so much. They remind me a lot of the Rascal Robot wind-up toys from when I was a kid. Walk cycle is almost the same.

Rascal Robot gallery

megane
Jun 20, 2008

That's explicitly what they're designed to look like. Stubbies in particular have those exact bracket-shaped feet.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Paused posted:

I'll give you the stone point, but it's not like you play the first 'half' of the game in any playthrough bar the first, so that appearing an act late thing is moot.

I've forgotten where you start each new playthrough from, but I definitely remember the junk heap in Route B.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Skylight posted:

Suggestion: The chicks will pick him up instead because he keeps getting captured and knocked out.

A2 is still lurking somewhere...

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

Kavak posted:

I've forgotten where you start each new playthrough from, but I definitely remember the junk heap in Route B.

You pick up routes B and C specifically from the moment you save Kaine. Which just adds to the theory, honestly.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

oath2order posted:

You pick up routes B and C specifically from the moment you save Kaine. Which just adds to the theory, honestly.

also the message you get after the credits of Ending A

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

That's pretty strong evidence. Strong enough that someone should actually ask Taro.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kavak posted:

That's pretty strong evidence. Strong enough that someone should actually ask Taro.

I think the response would be a poop emoji

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Ah, good. The worst part of the game, because you play as the terrible racist. :v:

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

The Dark Id posted:

We’ve got to watch our step here. Our stubby little legs can’t make it over pipes without tripping and face-planting is counter-productive to our transportation of this bucket of oil. Luckily, that oil pipe doesn’t seem to be running dry anytime soon.

Peak oil my rear end.

Seriously though, do the machines/androids just have an incredible recycling program? I would have assumed that 11,000 years or so of sustained world-wide warfare between a machine/alien race and androids would leave the planet a little tapped on particular resources.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Psycho Knight posted:

Peak oil my rear end.

Seriously though, do the machines/androids just have an incredible recycling program? I would have assumed that 11,000 years or so of sustained world-wide warfare between a machine/alien race and androids would leave the planet a little tapped on particular resources.

A wizardroid did it.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
9S is good and I'm excited to see how much of a fuckup he's going to become

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
9S has the right idea here. I mean, if I had been fighting some alien robots for millennia, I'd want to finally figure some things out about them and the Saddest Little Machine sounds like a good place to start.

He and Fisherwoman 2B sound like they'd have the most positive adventures possible in DrakenNier.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

If you jump while carrying the bucket, lil' stubby eats dirt and you have to go refill it again.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Ah, good. The worst part of the game, because you play as the terrible racist. :v:

9S is good and his only crime is not telling little sister machine where children come from.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Ratoslov posted:

If you jump while carrying the bucket, lil' stubby eats dirt and you have to go refill it again.
"Hmm, jumping is a lot faster than walk- NO!"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yup, I was all 'This is taking too long, hmm can I jump? OH YEAFUUUU"

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

Psycho Knight posted:

Peak oil my rear end.

Wouldn't that be plenty of time for new oil to be formed? Or is the timespan too short for the resupplying? I'm genuinely interested, because at least when I was still in school I was taught that oil isn't a finite resource, humans just consume it way faster than new oil appears (also that we'd be running out of oil as a useable resource by 2030 or so). The waiting times would be in the thousands of years so it wouldn't really be a comfort for humans as-is.

And maybe during the 11,000 years they figured out how to harness solar energy properly as well as all those other eco-energy options.
Or Emil was top boy/army and everything else managed to die out or move off the planet in the meanwhile.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zerilan posted:

9S is good and his only crime is not telling little sister machine where children come from.

Maybe he tells her in route B.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Psycho Knight posted:

Peak oil my rear end.

The Earth doesn't even rotate anymore, man. Some things you just have to not worry about.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Psycho Knight posted:

Peak oil my rear end.

It's magic oil, made from dragons. It constantly regenerates as long as the world is filled with sadness, so it'll be around forever.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
The stubby not understanding that his 'Brother' is dead and trying to revive him with that leaking machine-lifeform fluid was the first time this game made me go "Oh come on, that is unnecessary. Why did you have to do that to me, Yoko Taro? :("

I imagine it's going to get a lot worse before long, if the rumors I've heard about Yoko Taro games are true.

Crasical fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 31, 2017

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Crasical posted:

The stubby not understanding that his 'Brother' is dead and trying to revive him with that leaking machine-lifeform fluid was the first time this game made me go "Oh come on, that is unnecessary. Why did you have to do that to me, Yoko Taro? :("

I imagine it's going to get a lot worse before long, if the rumors I've heard about Yoko Taro games are true.

Play or read Id's lp of NieR right goddamn now

You sound like you haven't and you really, really should

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

GeneX posted:

Play or read Id's lp of NieR right goddamn now

You sound like you haven't and you really, really should

They should, yes, but they can wait until after this one's done, right? Come on, you know you want to see the reaction of someone unused to :yokotaro: to this. Or at least I do.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Crasical posted:

I don't know what's coming, but I'm sure that we'll all be in tears by the end. :yokotaro:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Crasical posted:

Oh you sweet summer child... :twisted:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Crasical posted:

Oh the things you will see in your trip into Yoko Taro's Funworld.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Can't we just stop the LP right here before everything gets sad and bad? We all know the rollercoaster never goes up again after this point.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Nobody gets off Yoko Taro's Wild Ride.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I guess we'll get a few more station interludes since Nines got whacked so much?

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Malachite_Dragon posted:

No.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
More station interludes than 2B got, I'd suppose, given that every time she was up there so was he.

Not sure how to feel about the new all-business operator, though. Maybe it's 9S who takes the chucklefuck part of that relationship?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Sorry Stubby, it's 9s's time to shine.

Does he get longer pants in this route? Is that the end result of his character arc?

We can make them shorter.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I hope the game has Nines play through whatever prepwork there is for the prologue, then wake up on the satellite since he didn't backup after that.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

>Attempt to make small talk by telling 2B your nickname.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Synthbuttrange posted:

>Attempt to make small talk by telling 2B your nickname.

Oh man

It would be great if all of route 2 was just a really bad dating sim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"My name is 9S, but my friends call me..."
A. Nines
B. Neins
C. Nine rear end

• Locked thread