Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I just kept assuming it would be FFT Ivalice and we'd fight the 12 Lucavi from the zodiac stones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That's all I really want. And I guess add the bunny people to appease those people. The rest of FF12 can stay where it is.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Thundarr posted:

One of these has bunnygirls, so we know which one the fans wants.

The other is grimdark medieval politics & war and yoship is a big fan of GoT so...

That said I still like FFT's setting and I would mark out for a Lionel Castle gate-style fight.

That gate was silly. Give me a Golgorand Execution Site battle :getin:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I wonder what world could possibly be overrun by demons possessing people bearing the auracite mcguffins in which those demons were (imperfectly) sealed.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Maybe for Return to Ivalice we'll get an NPC like Yugiri, except instead of a mask she's wearing crocs.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I desperately hope it's FFTA/12 era Ivalice and not the "everything sucks and we're going to die and magic is dying and every place is an earth tone mud hole" world of Tactics because BOY that...really wouldn't be interesting at all for a place to visit.

Pretty sure Yoshi-P said it was a good idea to bone up on War of the Lions so.. on the upside, there is a non-zero chance of THUNDERGOD.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Gearhead posted:

Pretty sure Yoshi-P said it was a good idea to bone up on War of the Lions so.. on the upside, there is a non-zero chance of THUNDERGOD.

Cid you have been out-Cid'd.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Gearhead posted:

An NPC that solos the whole thing for you because he's just that OP would be an unusual take on MMO raids.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
Personally I am looking forward to queueing for Lea Monde and thwarting The Dark (Void).

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Given that they've referenced Rabanastre in game as a region of Othard under the empire, I kind of want return to Ivalice to just be 'we set off another revolution and go to help it out'.

Alternately, it's all Vagrant Story, reward drops include improbable hair styles and heart-shaped assless chaps for everyone.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Waiting to get that "Riskbreaker" title to use.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
The main mystery is, of course, WHO is returning to Ivalice?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Thundarr posted:

An NPC that solos the whole thing for you because he's just that OP would be an unusual take on MMO raids.

Would be fine for part of a raid, we've already got a boss that doesn't take any damage to defeat.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Well, the chances of Altima being the final boss of the Ivalice raids is fairly high and "yet another high-ranking Void demonlady" would be the explanation.

Hasn't the "Altima" name already been given to one of the Ascians in that sequence with a bunch of them having a meeting at the end of 2.0?

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

Rastan Beeza posted:

Ah, so once you hit 35 on a free trial you stop gaining exp. RIP Monk, hello Gladiator.

I don't know why I thought they'd let me get exp until I was 1 off to level up, maybe .hack G.U. must've driven that mmo misconception into me.

Also, what is everyone's favorite minion?
I think I'm the only one I've ever seen use a chigoe larva.

Tora Jiro is pretty great

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Countblanc posted:

we're going to get the darkest timeline where they reuse FFXII models for the Ivalice races and have lovely ugly fish people Nu Mou and all the viera are wearing bondage gear instead of cool outfits

Those are cool outfits tho??????

Thundarr posted:

One of these has bunnygirls, so we know which one the fans wants.

The other is grimdark medieval politics & war and yoship is a big fan of GoT so...

That said I still like FFT's setting and I would mark out for a Lionel Castle gate-style fight.

Hey, at least 40 mins of the 2 hours of plot FF12 had were dedicated to discussion of Senate massacres and succession crisises

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I hope that Return to Ivalice is something new and unique and that is related to FFT/12 but also ties into the world and lore of FF14 instead of yet another "hey here's some things from another game".

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Hasn't the "Altima" name already been given to one of the Ascians in that sequence with a bunch of them having a meeting at the end of 2.0?

All of the Ascians are named after the Scions of Light from Ivalice, so yeah. (Well, it's not really clear if Ultima was the Scion of Light or the Scion of Darkness, but anyway.)

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Just have Return to Ivalice as a sucked into a magical tome telling the story of ancient Ivalice, and then modern Ivalice for 5.0

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Level 65 before hoppin' over the wall into 4.0. :toot:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Argas posted:

Just have Return to Ivalice as a sucked into a magical tome telling the story of ancient Ivalice, and then modern Ivalice for 5.0

It's all minigames like the Hundred Acre Wood in Kingdom Hearts.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Fister Roboto posted:

I hope that Return to Ivalice is something new and unique and that is related to FFT/12 but also ties into the world and lore of FF14 instead of yet another "hey here's some things from another game".

Well

Yes and no.

Its been heavily implied that the Reflections of Hydaelyn are, at least in part, twists on various games in the series. Unukalhai for example is the sole survivor of the 13th, which became the Void and is ruled over by the Cloud of Darkness. Unukalhai himself is a dead ringer for the protagonist of FF3.

Return to Ivalice will probably be a similar set up. Ivalice is one of the other Reflections. The Encyclopedia already states that the Echo grants the power to transcend worlds.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Argas posted:

So like the plot to FFTA? Will it also end with use putting a child in a wheelchair?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhonne posted:

So like the plot to FFTA? Will it also end with use putting a child in a wheelchair?

"I'll put your child in a wheelchair if I have to. Maybe even if I don't."

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Ivalice, dark and dreary Ivalice, turns out to be the World of Light.

Nice going, Ramza.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm positive the lorebook very briefly mentions a place called Dalmasca.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

There's a line in the japanese version (though not the US one) where someone says they're from Rabanastre

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Let's all process this.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I hope we can get Luso's outfit

Mainly because I want to see if they can actually make it work in 3D.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
That would actually be a perfectly good outfit if you just take every piece of metal off of it and give him decent shoes.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The battle dimes and pizza heraldry are necessary for the design, there will be no compromise.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Lizard Wizard posted:

Let's all process this.

The weird thing being, prior to the lore book, they had been saying Ivalice was not a part of Hydelaen and any names that pop up were just tributes...

But ever since Heavensward things have been getting fuzzy...

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Rhonne posted:

It'd be a way to throw a bone to FFTA fans. Hell, have three kids involved in getting the WoL involved in the business.

Gearhead posted:

The weird thing being, prior to the lore book, they had been saying Ivalice was not a part of Hydelaen and any names that pop up were just tributes...

But ever since Heavensward things have been getting fuzzy...

I mean, they can have Ivalice, Dalmasca, etc. as places in FFXIV, they just wouldn't be FF12 in XIV.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
And then motherfucking Nybeth Obdilord shows up.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Argas posted:

I mean, they can have Ivalice, Dalmasca, etc. as places in FFXIV, they just wouldn't be FF12 in XIV.

Nah. What's the point in Costa Del Sol as it is in the game? Either give it a cover of the music or make it similar to the original area, IMO.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The battle dimes and pizza heraldry are necessary for the design, there will be no compromise.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Nah. What's the point in Costa Del Sol as it is in the game? Either give it a cover of the music or make it similar to the original area, IMO.

It's a punchline for Y'Sholta vOv

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

Dalmasca is another city in Othard that was conquered by the Empire, it's somewhere in the shrouded region to the south.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Dalmasca is another city in Othard that was conquered by the Empire, it's somewhere in the shrouded region to the south.

Well, it's got that "conquered by an Empire" thing in common with XII's Dalmasca, that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Rhonne posted:

I hope we can get Luso's outfit

Mainly because I want to see if they can actually make it work in 3D.

I mean, if there is one thing that the devs have demonstrated, it is that they are *supremely* capable at interpreting 2D sprites into 3D.

* Matoya
* The various magitek mounts
* Deathgaze
* Setzer's costume
* The new subscription reward falcon mount

And a whole lot more that aren't coming to me at the moment.