Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

a bone to pick posted:

idiot, they're building up the TMNT cinematic universe... it will be a collab between Zak Snyder and Michael Bay

Jesus christ what a nightmare

You know what's dumb is TMNT goes into a thing that would make a perfectly fine CG fest scifi summer flick in like, issue 5. They go to outer space and befriend a fugitive robot, get into a laser fight at a bar, steal a flying car, eventually get captured by Triceratops aliens, are thrown into a televised gladiatorial death match, kill their opponents and hijack a flying camera drone thing, crash it into the seating where the Triceratops alien President is, and hold him hostage to make their escape. That could be like, movie 2 or 3 in a franchise easy, wtf.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jul 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

I think like basically everything else, that we blame millenials for this one too. :haw:

Them or boomers. GenXers did nothing wrong!!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

monster on a stick posted:

I think you mean the Prince Valiant Comics Universe.

I'm down with that.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
You guys are insane if you don't think Disney is going to pump that Star Wars for all it's worth, which is at least 8 billion dollars.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Fury Road is the only movie released in the last decade that I was legitimately excited to watch.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Vakal posted:

Fury Road is the only movie released in the last decade that I was legitimately excited to watch.

wtf did you miss TMNT 2?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Vakal posted:

Yeah, I'm fairly confident that in 2019 (or 2020 if you're a brainy smarty), when we're all making our own top ten movies of the decade list, Fury Road will be my #1.

But who knows, maybe that Indy film Spielbergo squats out in 2019 will be good.

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

But they already made the perfect He-Man movie. Any nostalgia reboot would be shameful.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

a bone to pick posted:

wtf did you miss TMNT 2?

how much does the studio pay you to pretend to like those movies online? why are they still sending checks?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

owned

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Millenials operate like the inverse of boomers. While the tail end boomers got the shaft compared to the first wave of them because all the money dried up, the opposite is true for the millenials. Early millenials are the ones either into the job force or just entering the job force, and a lot are going in saddled with debt and generally being hosed for the forseeable future. The younger end of the generation don't quite have the problem yet because they're still living at home or are in school still.

But, you are exactly like Boomers in that there is an absolute gently caress-ton of (you? them?) so all the Endless Trash will be aimed at them forever, and all my GenX trash will be completely forgotten because we're not nearly as profitable of a market segment.

Besides, the stuff of my era is already weak sauce - Salt 'n Pepa feminism was meant to be positive and affirming, and that stuff doesn't fly in the era of clickbait and 'rage-inducing injustices' marketing.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Andro Dunos posted:

That and all the people talking, fumbling with big Costco size plastic bags of candy, and turning on their cell phone screens to check the time every ten minutes... thanks, moviegoing public!

At the end when the kid is reading the Churchill speech some oval office two seats to my right was on his phone the entire time. I spent the last moments of the movie mentally weighing up the jail/hospital time that would result from just taking it from him and stuffing it in his mouth.

If ISIS ever decide phones in a movie theater is haram then I'm signing the gently caress up as executioner.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I was watching a ride vid from Disneyland's Haunted Mansion, and noticed this. Someone paid $100+ to get into the park, and then dicked around on their cell phone during the ride.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
I think I'd like to see that Jenny chick on BotW, but it has to be a movie that has gratuitous amounts of male nudity to brighten up Jay for the ep.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO after a failed sequel, a soft seaboot, and a course correction remaquel soft reseabootquel they are now going for a full hard reboot of Terminator.

Despite the franchise being dead as hell and being a running joke, they think they'll be able to restart the series without the clutter of the last 3 films.

$20 says the new movie will have Schwarzenegger as like a security guard or some poo poo who winks at the camera like we needed that bullshit scene to exist.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

why

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Fuuuuck offfff

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LMAO after a failed sequel, a soft seaboot, and a course correction remaquel soft reseabootquel they are now going for a full hard reboot of Terminator.

Despite the franchise being dead as hell and being a running joke, they think they'll be able to restart the series without the clutter of the last 3 films.

$20 says the new movie will have Schwarzenegger as like a security guard or some poo poo who winks at the camera like we needed that bullshit scene to exist.

There's got to be a diminishing returns
If we can hold on through the night
We have a chance to find the originality
Let's keep on looking for the light

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'll clap when he says he'll be back.
If he says he won't be back, I'll clap for being different.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Because brand name corporate product makes money.

Then it'll be made fun of for a few months afterwards but it'll already turn a profit so who cares, they got their money. Over-under on the movie having a Chinese co-star who saves the day from a terminator?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

code:
POSSIBLE RESPONSE
  WHO ASKED FOR THIS
  TERMINATE MY NUTS
 >ENDLESS TRASH<
  THANKS CHINA
  AAAAAIDSSSS

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Can we just not have failed blockbusters for like a year?

Like every time someone at Sony pitches The Emoji Movie the boss says "well instead of a single 150 million dollar flop, why not make 50 absolutely badass horror films and westerns and small-scale sci-fi thrillers?"

And when Paramount gears up to rerereremake Terminator they instead think "instead of a 250 million dollar flop, what if we made 5 over the top action movies based on original concepts, or 25 dramas and thrillers directed by women or PoC?"

How is Hollywood constantly looking at which direction the wind is blowing and going "no, what we REALLY need is to lose $200,000,000 on keeping a hack like McG or Brett Ratner employed"?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

How do directors like McG keep getting work? I honestly think a film school graduate wouldn't make those weird choices and would thus deliver a better (blander, more easily consumed) product

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Are you guys talking about McGuyver?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

poisonpill posted:

How do directors like McG keep getting work? I honestly think a film school graduate wouldn't make those weird choices and would thus deliver a better (blander, more easily consumed) product

I haven't seen all of his work, but I don't really think weird auteur when I think McG. You're not going to find much blander than Terminator: Salvation.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

poisonpill posted:

Thanks to McG we got this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0auwpvAU2YA

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I take it all back. Now THIS is art!

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Hi

heres a new BOTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWKlmbTudD8

there be josh here

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

gently caress josh

I hope he dies!

gently caress josh

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

HerraS posted:

gently caress josh

I hope he dies!

gently caress josh

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

josh is f*ckin badass i love him

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I like Josh's Pale Man Mitch McConnell shirt

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

[Pictured: Josh's parent's home]

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

lol josh's fine

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Josh is on fire today.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the people cry out for their true king: josh.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

In May of 2017, Arnold Schwarzenegger confirmed that he will return in the film and that James Cameron will be integral in developing the future of the franchise.[17] In July of the same year, Cameron stated that the film rights will revert to him and that he and Ellison were planning the future of the franchise, with a three-film story arc being developed.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

1982 to 1999 is the probably the most agreed upon timeline. We're well into the next generation, and they don't even have a cool name that aging GenXers to poo poo all over.

Lets call them Spinners

• Locked thread