Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I mean, if there is one thing that the devs have demonstrated, it is that they are *supremely* capable at interpreting 2D sprites into 3D.

* Matoya
* The various magitek mounts
* Deathgaze
* Setzer's costume
* The new subscription reward falcon mount

And a whole lot more that aren't coming to me at the moment.

On the other hand, those giant heads in Kugane castle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I really, really want Return to Ivalice have something to do with the Dalmasca that actually exists in this world and not just be "welp here's a portal to literally FF Tactics, have fun".

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

I really, really want Return to Ivalice have something to do with the Dalmasca that actually exists in this world and not just be "welp here's a portal to literally FF Tactics, have fun".

I think I'd enjoy an FFTA, book to another world thing, but Omega already taking place between dimensions would make it feel too similar. So I agree, I hope it's related to Dalmasca or at least takes place in the normal world.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

My hot crack theory is that the big mysterious ark in the Peaks up on the cliffs will be the entrance to the Ivalice raid either because it magically activates and flies off somewhere or because portal shenanigans.

I'll crack skulls if that thing isn't at least a dungeon at some point.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

My hot crack theory is that the big mysterious ark in the Peaks up on the cliffs will be the entrance to the Ivalice raid either because it magically activates and flies off somewhere or because portal shenanigans.

It and that one weird ring which looks like a non-activated Stargate are both blatantly gonna be dungeons at some point I think, yeah

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

There's nothing mysterious about that, it's the ark that the ancestors of Ala Mhigo used to escape the Flood.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

:thunk:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rhonne posted:

I hope we can get Luso's outfit

Mainly because I want to see if they can actually make it work in 3D.

The more I look at this outfit the more it baffles me. Why does he have a backwards cap on his beret?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Rhonne posted:

Looks like a kingdom hearts character, tbh

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I hope that it's literally a book that takes you to FFTA and you play through the entirety of tactics instead of an mmo

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hamon: Ah, there you are, Wolfgang! I hope you've come prepared for a lesson. Today, I want you to go and fight the toxic toads that nest at the Unholy Heir.

Hamon: Make no mistake, son─these toads are huge, which means they have huge guts. But that's beside the point.

Hamon: Thanks to their immense girth, these toads hit hard. Fortunately, they tend to hit wild as well, so bide your time and wait for an opening. And when that opening shows...thwack! Rip and tear through your foe with your fists!

Chalax
Jun 16, 2009
So, I saw this in a leveling duty roulette, and I was told this needed to be shared. Some people try hard to go for a look with hairstyle and glamors, others... well, it just comes naturally. Behold, I give you, the lawn gnome!

And yes, this was a newbie player who was doing this dungeon for the first time.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Chalax posted:

So, I saw this in a leveling duty roulette, and I was told this needed to be shared. Some people try hard to go for a look with hairstyle and glamors, others... well, it just comes naturally. Behold, I give you, the lawn gnome!

And yes, this was a newbie player who was doing this dungeon for the first time.

Casters have periods of silliness between 1 and 50, when glamour becomes available. The sugarloaf hat period is one of those times.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I mean melee have to deal with the Subligar Era, so it's only fair, really

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Ciaphas posted:

I mean melee have to deal with the Subligar Era, so it's only fair, really

Yep, and tanks get the tin cans a couple of times.

We all have goofy leveling outfits at low levels.

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Rhonne posted:

They'd probably base it off this

Though it's not like FFXIV doesn't have fashion crimes. What even are Yda's pants?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tyty posted:

They'd probably base it off this

Though it's not like FFXIV doesn't have fashion crimes. What even are Yda's pants?

Booty Shorts?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

At least we can be thankful that FFXIV's fashion crimes are gender neutral.

Well most of the time,anyway, wtf at the dragoon AF1 :mad:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I mean, if there is one thing that the devs have demonstrated, it is that they are *supremely* capable at interpreting 2D sprites into 3D.

* Matoya
* The various magitek mounts
* Deathgaze
* Setzer's costume
* The new subscription reward falcon mount

And a whole lot more that aren't coming to me at the moment.

It's probably safer to assume that these are all recreated from concept art rather than sprites.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's probably safer to assume that these are all recreated from concept art rather than sprites.

One of the coolest things about FF14 is realizing that all these tribute fights are actually hell of a lot closer to how they were originally intended. E.g., O4S's entrance animation vs. slowly inching in from the left edge of the screen because of the primitive limitations of the SNES.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm very confused at how the GLD/PLD quests could suck so loving hard, the ARC/BRD quests could be meh-average with a couple high notes, but the PGL/MNK quests are loving awesome.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Hey.

Hey guys.

This is a very important question.

What if Chocobos did the Cockatoo thing when they got _really excited_?

edit: Oops, wrong thread. Oh well.

Point still stands!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm very confused at how the GLD/PLD quests could suck so loving hard, the ARC/BRD quests could be meh-average with a couple high notes, but the PGL/MNK quests are loving awesome.

The Monk quests are alright, but Dark Knight has pretty much killed it since 30 on.

Pugilist is best for class stories though.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

There is no wrong thread for chocobos

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the HW black mage quests were mostly unremarkable but the Stormblood ones are hanging out with off-brand Shantotto to prevent a golem-based apocalypse and are pretty great so far

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

guys i saved the tonberries

no need to thank me

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

ImpAtom posted:

It and that one weird ring which looks like a non-activated Stargate are both blatantly gonna be dungeons at some point I think, yeah

What ring are you talking about, the one in the imperial base in Yanxia?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

It's both actually. The Magitek armor from ARR is based off Amanos art of magitek. The magitek armor from Stormblood on the other hand is based on the actual sprite.

Both are perfect translations.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Fister Roboto posted:

With Omega explicitly drawing on in-universe fiction, they can throw in the Return to Ivalice as playing out a fictional take of the historical tale of a Dalmascan princess fighting back against the Allagan Empire. And then we visit the actual FF14 Ivalice next expansion (please please please).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's both actually. The Magitek armor from ARR is based off Amanos art of magitek. The magitek armor from Stormblood on the other hand is based on the actual sprite.

Both are perfect translations.

They'll have the concept arts used to create the sprites themselves is what I meant

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Blockhouse posted:

the HW black mage quests were mostly unremarkable but the Stormblood ones are hanging out with off-brand Shantotto to prevent a golem-based apocalypse and are pretty great so far

they're actually about helping the cat boy find love

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Xyven posted:

On the other hand, those giant heads in Kugane castle

On the other other hand, every boss from Castrum Abania.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

TheRagamuffin posted:

On the other other hand, every boss from Castrum Abania.

The Magitek Roader's in general are pretty much spot on. I scoffed at their special attack in 6. Here? Goddang that wheel moves looks like it HURTS.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What does any of this mean

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Vincent Reed, a MNK, is below the poster, a DRK, in damage in A10(S?).

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

As a tank he was outdpsing I assume a dps char who has same ilvl

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vincent is pulling like 600 DPS less than 100% percentile monks at level 60.

Obviously, 100% percentile is 100% percentile but you should probably be able to beat ~2700 DPS at level 70 without trying so Vinny there is a talented young monk.

If it was savage, he'd have Echo too...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I don't think you understand how percentiles work.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Technically it's impossible to be at the 100 percentile but it's easier than saying the 99.99... recurring percentile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't think you understand how percentiles work.

vincent's a genetic freak, and he's not normal, so he's in the 33 and a 3rd% percentile