Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Kaubocks posted:

guys i saved the tonberries

no need to thank me

no you didn't

you got them out of a tonberry jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Blockhouse posted:

vincent's a genetic freak, and he's not normal, so he's in the 33 and a 3rd% percentile

But he's still not going to Suplex City with that DPS.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
For levels 50-60, is it faster to level tanks via dungeon spamming or via PotD? Because I really do not like majority of the HW leveling dungeons.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

For levels 50-60, is it faster to level tanks via dungeon spamming or via PotD? Because I really do not like majority of the HW leveling dungeons.

"PotD 1-60, dungeons afterwards" is what I've been told.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cheap Trick posted:

"PotD 1-60, dungeons afterwards" is what I've been told.
This is false. Never PotD.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Mordiceius posted:

As a tank, you shouldn't have a need to run PotD and you can throw in some Frontlines, it was nerfed, but I think it still gives decent experience and the queues are usually short.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is false. Never PotD.

I like PotD though! Just chill times with three other randoms, and the grindy aspect doesn't bother me.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Someone said "The post-ARR quests up to Heavensward are a drag, but make sure you do the Hildibrand quests."

At first I thought "ehh, ok".

Then a quest made me do a FATE, and I was like, "hmm, waiting kinda sucks."

But then I got to the end of that first quest.
And it was good.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Cheap Trick posted:

I like PotD though! Just chill times with three other randoms, and the grindy aspect doesn't bother me.

If you're a tank or healer, your xp/hour is going to be similar between chain running the highest available dungeon and potd. For dps, potd wins easily because of queue times right now.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Wacky Delly posted:

If you're a tank or healer, your xp/hour is going to be similar between chain running the highest available dungeon and potd. For dps, potd wins easily because of queue times right now.

Although I found doing PotD as AST easier for me than dungeons, because tanks these days seem to be of the attitude of "pull three packs at once", and it's simultaneously stressful and boring forcing me to be an honest healer to prevent the tank from being turned into a fine red mist.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Can anyone link the preferred melds and role abilities for WAR at 70? I hit level cap over the weekend and this is the first time I've actually looked at melding.

Also, what's the preferable gear path now? Just run dungeons for tomestones?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cheap Trick posted:

Although I found doing PotD as AST easier for me than dungeons, because tanks these days seem to be of the attitude of "pull three packs at once", and it's simultaneously stressful and boring forcing me to be an honest healer to prevent the tank from being turned into a fine red mist.
You get higher DPS from that with most DPS classes, thanks to AOEs.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Fister Roboto posted:

I really, really want Return to Ivalice have something to do with the Dalmasca that actually exists in this world and not just be "welp here's a portal to literally FF Tactics, have fun".

we know

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Honestly, if it weren't for Omega's Interdimensional Rift thing going on at the same time, a "sucked to a fantasy Ivalice through a book" thing would be awesome. But two parallel universe/interdimensional raids running at the same time would be kind of boring.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Calling it now, Ivalice's framing narrative is THAT loving BARD AGAIN inviting us into the playhouse for a performance or some poo poo and us hallucinating.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

It'll turn out that the translators messed up and misheard the title of the new raid: Return to Evil Lyse

Lyse goes on a rampage and it's up to the WoL to stop her before it's too late

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Harrow posted:

Honestly, if it weren't for Omega's Interdimensional Rift thing going on at the same time, a "sucked to a fantasy Ivalice through a book" thing would be awesome. But two parallel universe/interdimensional raids running at the same time would be kind of boring.

That could be really entertaining. The first part could be like an undiscovered wing of Gubal Library, first boss is a book that fakes us out and instead of dying when we kill it, eats us.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Hey.

Hey guys.

This is a very important question.

What if Chocobos did the Cockatoo thing when they got _really excited_?

edit: Oops, wrong thread. Oh well.

Point still stands!

This would own

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

As a tank he was outdpsing I assume a dps char who has same ilvl

Yeah I was pretty incredulous. I was going to offer the guy some tips but he was pretty consistently below me so I didn't even bother :psyduck:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't think you understand how percentiles work.

My apologies, let me get this right so that you can sleep tight at night over that highly upsetting yet perfectly understandable comment.

The best recorded monk performance in the entirety of FFlogs for A10S was 600 DPS higher than our friend Vinny, the highly talented level 70 Monk.

Sleep tight frand

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Harrow posted:

So basically the plot of Tactics Advance? Will we get to go re-cripple Thancred and kill Illusion-Moenbryda in front of Urianger because gently caress our friends getting nice things?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Is that not unsync'd compared to fflogs being sync'd? Because that's quite a bit worse.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
Few questions, mostly involving WHM now that I'm at 50.

When's the best time to use Holy? I try to use it for most packs of trash, but that ends up leaving me fighting for every last drop of MP I have, and I can't really expect a tank to wait or for someone to use mana shift (if there is even someone who can). I am Lucid Dreaming and using ethers whenever I can, but I'm still dry pretty often.

Same with Medica 2. It seems absurdly expensive, for not much benefit over Medica or especially a well-aimed Cure 3.

I did a lot of my 47-50 leveling through POTD where I got to play with lilies, as well as Asylum and Assize. Should I be using these whenever possible, provided I have three lilies?

On the same note on POTD, I couldn't get past the Floor 40 boss (Ixtab?). Is there a way to deal with his whole-room AOE+terrify that doesn't just involve burning him as fast as possible? Because usually by the time terrify is done, two or more people are dead from my experience.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I regret doing the Antitower before bed-time. That last boss :gonk:

Colgate posted:

On the same note on POTD, I couldn't get past the Floor 40 boss (Ixtab?). Is there a way to deal with his whole-room AOE+terrify that doesn't just involve burning him as fast as possible? Because usually by the time terrify is done, two or more people are dead from my experience.

As far as I know, burning down the boss quickly is pretty much it. I tried killing the adds but it wasn't worth it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
has anyone pointed out that Marche, the protagonist of Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance, eventually destroys an escapist fantasy world which results in his then-ablebodied brother Doned to become wheelchair-bound once more?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Countblanc posted:

has anyone pointed out that Marche, the protagonist of Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance, eventually destroys an escapist fantasy world which results in his then-ablebodied brother Doned to become wheelchair-bound once more?

Marche is also responsible for a lot of the bullshit mechanics of that game so gently caress Marche.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Colgate posted:

I want to say it's stunnable but I'm not certain.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Colgate posted:

When's the best time to use Holy? I try to use it for most packs of trash, but that ends up leaving me fighting for every last drop of MP I have, and I can't really expect a tank to wait or for someone to use mana shift (if there is even someone who can). I am Lucid Dreaming and using ethers whenever I can, but I'm still dry pretty often.

Same with Medica 2. It seems absurdly expensive, for not much benefit over Medica or especially a well-aimed Cure 3.

I did a lot of my 47-50 leveling through POTD where I got to play with lilies, as well as Asylum and Assize. Should I be using these whenever possible, provided I have three lilies?

Keep in mind that past 50 the WHM starts getting a lot more options for mana conservation. You get Assize pretty quick into HW and your first ability is SB is Thin Air which is unlimited MP for 12 seconds. Piety bloat also starts to become a thing and you'll have a ton of excess MP to play with once you're fully geared. Prior to that you don't want to run yourself dry but honestly half an MP bar (or less if you're comfortable) is more than enough for healing a dungeon. You really don't need that much MP to keep a tank alive if the tank is doing their job. Don't drain yourself entirely but don't be afraid to go low on MP, the amount of MP you need in a dungeon is a lot less than you probably think it is.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Got WHM to 70 this weekend and I'm gearing it up with Omega stuff, decided to do Omega 3 on WHM this morning, totally forgot how the mechanics work since I was skipping it the last 2 weeks. The other healer didn't res me after I died once and just solo healed the whole thing from like 65%....

Like, drat dude I know I messed up but poo poo you raised 2 dps more than once.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Marche was right :colbert:

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm very confused at how the GLD/PLD quests could suck so loving hard, the ARC/BRD quests could be meh-average with a couple high notes, but the PGL/MNK quests are loving awesome.

The GLD/PLD quests definitely sucked, but I'm liking the SB ones. They finally let us actually be gladiators like 60 levels later than they should have.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Colgate posted:

Medica 2 is extremely MP efficient in the long run, if you don't need the upfront healing and can afford to let it tick. Largesse Med 2 is basically a full party heal in one action. Of course you could do the same thing by spamming Medica, but it will take longer and cost more MP.

Cure 3 rules, but good luck hitting the whole party with it outside of a coordinated group.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ouhei posted:

Got WHM to 70 this weekend and I'm gearing it up with Omega stuff, decided to do Omega 3 on WHM this morning, totally forgot how the mechanics work since I was skipping it the last 2 weeks. The other healer didn't res me after I died once and just solo healed the whole thing from like 65%....

Like, drat dude I know I messed up but poo poo you raised 2 dps more than once.

Someone wanted 6 coms.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

SonicRulez posted:

The GLD/PLD quests definitely sucked, but I'm liking the SB ones. They finally let us actually be gladiators like 60 levels later than they should have.

Yeah, for like 5 minutes. PLD questline is still among the weakest in the game.

Which is fine, frankly, since it didn't make me wander all over the damned place; I punched them out in about a half hour, took my snazzy new outfit, and went back to being the baller job-of-the-month wrecking dungeons and making WAR's sad about their life choices (especially now that right-side gear all has some +STR on it).

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Cheap Trick posted:

I regret doing the Antitower before bed-time. That last boss :gonk:

Whats wrong with it?

:3:

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Count Bleck posted:

Marche is also responsible for a lot of the bullshit mechanics of that game so gently caress Marche.

Although the crappy laws are totally on Mewt. Ah man I can see it now: For this boss, some guy on a chocobo says you're not allowed to use Provoke. Have fun!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Although the crappy laws are totally on Mewt. Ah man I can see it now: For this boss, some guy on a chocobo says you're not allowed to use Provoke. Have fun!

Lol what button are tanks going to use to start fights for 1 entire point of enmity though

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

We already have a fight where you have to obey certain rules or get punished for it. Multiple such fights in fact, Omega 3 is just the most recent. It'd be really easy and probably genuinely fun to have fights where you have to compensate for the changing rules of a judge.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

We already have a fight where you have to obey certain rules or get punished for it. Multiple such fights in fact, Omega 3 is just the most recent. It'd be really easy and probably genuinely fun to have fights where you have to compensate for the changing rules of a judge.

I sure as hell feel like I'm under a law to not use Displacement enough of the time.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Leal posted:

Whats wrong with it?

:3:

Speaking of, can you solo the Antitower? I know the last boss does the doll thing on you, but I'm curious if you ever break out automatically or if you really do need someone to free you.

'Cause I want those dolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

When I first played Tactics Advance I thought the Judges had really cool armor designs and were totally wasted on their bizarre role - surely such a name and design would be better used on a group of elite enforcers carrying out sentences directly! Anyway, FFXII came out and I felt validated.

To the point, Square needs to include Judge armor for players in Return to Ivalice, or I'm going to threaten to unsub on the forums but then not actually unsub.