Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Grevling posted:

lol josh's fine

Josh is actually good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andro Dunos
Dec 11, 2003

joedevola posted:

At the end when the kid is reading the Churchill speech some oval office two seats to my right was on his phone the entire time. I spent the last moments of the movie mentally weighing up the jail/hospital time that would result from just taking it from him and stuffing it in his mouth.

Yeah, if someone is ever confused about why people from other countries believe in the stereotype of the Ugly American, just to go any local theater and observe all the loudmouth idiots surrounding you for two hours.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LMAO after a failed sequel, a soft seaboot, and a course correction remaquel soft reseabootquel they are now going for a full hard reboot of Terminator.

Despite the franchise being dead as hell and being a running joke, they think they'll be able to restart the series without the clutter of the last 3 films.

$20 says the new movie will have Schwarzenegger as like a security guard or some poo poo who winks at the camera like we needed that bullshit scene to exist.

How bad does a franchise have to be to not get rebooted/remade/bootsoftqueled? I have no idea how successful the last 3 Terminators were financially, but they all sucked. I guess Star Wars is still with us despite the prequels, but that's kind of in its own class as a brand name. The best thing about ENDLESS TRASH is that it keeps getting made no matter how TRASH it is.

Also I hate to admit it but I'd probably wear the Pan's Labyrinth shirt Josh has. One with the same design anyway, not one that has actually touched Josh.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Vakal posted:

Fury Road is the only movie released in the last decade that I was legitimately excited to watch.

Maybe watch more drama and documentaries you loving philistine idiot

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Hey just fyi that last BoTW is :nws: for tiny titties.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
lol at the stupid fucker who thinks Act of Killing wasn't a good movie lmao

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
That's cool my workplace only has rules about big ol' titties.

e:

corn in the bible posted:

lol at the stupid fucker who thinks Act of Killing wasn't a good movie lmao

wait who tf thinks this?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

reignofevil posted:

Hey just fyi that last BoTW is :nws: for tiny titties.

Tiny titties eh? Must not be Josh shirtless then, thank gently caress.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Look of Silence is absolutely required viewing as well.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

terminator genesis (i'm not loving spelling it wrong)...

production and marketing budget - $255m

domestic gross -$89,760,956

overseas gross - $350,842,581

Big budget movies are basically going to be pablum for China and India from now on.

Expensive tent pole movies have never been especially intelligent or deep, but at least they used to have to be entertaining. Now they don't even have to be that. Just CGI in a load of robots and explosions and have someone in them the foreign markets recognize from coffee commercials and they can loving print money. It's a bummer.

joedevola fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 31, 2017

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

gently caress you chinamen!!!

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
But there's actual cool&good chinese and indian movies, why do they love Transformers so much?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

joedevola posted:

terminator genesis (i'm not loving spelling it wrong)...

production and marketing budget - $255m

domestic gross -$89,760,956

overseas gross - $350,842,581

Big budget movies are basically going to be pablum for China and India from now on.

Foreign markets bail these things out to some extent, but I know I'm always hearing that the studios get a significantly smaller cut of the overseas gross, so you've got to take those numbers with a grain of salt.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Jay was really impressed by that boner.

Edit: drat that hard-bodied nazi milf cover for distracting me from Jay.

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 31, 2017

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Now that was a real Tums festival.

And it's going to be a Tums funeral.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Hey I know for a fact that people in this thread occasionally cross post over in C-Spam please take the footage from this BoTW of the gigantic piss tub and put trumps face on both ppl thank you.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The genuine distress from Rich "Those are my actual Tums!"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

reignofevil posted:

Hey I know for a fact that people in this thread occasionally cross post over in C-Spam please take the footage from this BoTW of the gigantic piss tub and put trumps face on both ppl thank you.

I will consider this. But I don't post in C-Spam.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

lol at mike's jimmy leg. someone has discovered the wonders of adderall.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:laffo:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
its cool how i could tell mike wasnt editing this and then at the end it was done by jay

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
by cool i mean "ive spent way too much time watching these idiots talk about bad movies"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I was watching a ride vid from Disneyland's Haunted Mansion, and noticed this. Someone paid $100+ to get into the park, and then dicked around on their cell phone during the ride.

They get paid to do this.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Is that Mitch McConnell on Josh's shirt?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i know goons are fully lost when they hate on jenny nicholson.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jenny nicholson is good for what she does and the target demo she's pitching towards, I just always feel a touch too old for her stuff most of the time. I think a lot of us here are closer to the RLM's guys ages and she's what, early mid 20's? Some sort of millennial falcon? I really liked her making GBS threads on R1 video, and her cosplay interview clickbait was entertaining, but the rest of the stuff she talks about just makes me feel out and out of touch with what kids these days are into.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

CelticPredator posted:

They get paid to do this.

They get paid to check their text messages during a ride?

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.

PostNouveau posted:

The genuine distress from Rich "Those are my actual Tums!"

ive taken too many tums in a short period of time and suffered for a couple of months

was almost a tums funeral

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

why are their voices out of sync with the picture at the end. is it a weird tribute to the awful dubbing in the third movie or does jay just suck at editing. or is my shitbox laptop dying. or am i getting brain lesions.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

WonderfulWino posted:

ive taken too many tums in a short period of time and suffered for a couple of months

was almost a tums funeral

like a whole bottle at once or what

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am 28, but I feel more in tune with 40-something alcoholics than with some nerd my own age.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
As disappointment and despair start to sink in, you will come to understand The Rich Evans.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

bloom posted:

But there's actual cool&good chinese and indian movies, why do they love Transformers so much?

It's my understand that a ton of nuance gets lost in the translation. Like a really clever joke with a few minutes of setup isn't going to work. But the fat lady farts and falls down, that works in any language. Same with lovely quips and cgi and every else that sucks about movies today. At this point the rest of the world probably just associates Hollywood movies with that kind of poo poo, the way we associate Bollywood movies with giant extravagant musicals.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's my understand that a ton of nuance gets lost in the translation. Like a really clever joke with a few minutes of setup isn't going to work. But the fat lady farts and falls down, that works in any language. Same with lovely quips and cgi and every else that sucks about movies today. At this point the rest of the world probably just associates Hollywood movies with that kind of poo poo, the way we associate Bollywood movies with giant extravagant musicals.

:smith:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

bloom posted:

Cool and good chinese and indian movies are just "the same old poo poo" in china and india. Foreign stuff, even bad stuff, seems exotic and interesting to them.

The same reason there are north american circles fascinated with asian martial arts movies or big Bollywood spectacles, even though a fair number of them are crap.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I need to see The Mad Foxes

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

It's crazy that Terminator: Salvation is the least bad of the post Cameron Terminator movies.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

counterfeitsaint posted:

If you're interested in this phenomenon, check out this short comedy thing made by legendary Japanese comedian Hitoshi Matsumoto where he's attempting to making something he thinks Americans would find funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qSs7cGNXUU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
There's only one line I remember from Terminator Salvation:

"WE ARE DEAD! WE ARE ALL DEAD!"

a bone to pick fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yaws posted:

It's crazy that Terminator: Salvation is the least bad of the post Cameron Terminator movies.

nah it's 3. and 3 is extremely not good.

the original ending to salvation is one of the dumbest things i've ever read tho that woulda been sick to see them just torch the franchise even harder with that.

• Locked thread