Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

I think I'll be safe from the NFS-style neckbeards in spit of your best efforts to post the dankest of memes.

This is what an intellectually honest criticism looks like, btw.

cool! did you ever answer the question said intellectual asked you? seems like if you respected him so much you wouldn't ignore his questions

Willie Tomg posted:

I didn't ask what you believed in the abstract (lol) I asked what you wanted to see. Materially. IRL. Second time; rough start, but that's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Too bad I never defended the Clintons.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
of course not, you've tactically chosen to defend nothing and attack everything

it's textbook centrist concern trolling about the left

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

WampaLord posted:

I didn't exactly have a lot of respect for you before this moment, but know that you've lost literally all of my respect. I can't stand fucks like you who refuse to admit they were wrong.

must be rough to look in a mirror

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

How do you defend Labour under Corbyn not winning though? I don't have a crystal ball, so I don't know one way or another, but are you predicting he's sure to win next time?

:thunk:

you surely aren't a centrist :rolleye:

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Willie Tomg posted:

I didn't ask what you believed in the abstract (lol) I asked what you wanted to see. Materially. IRL. Second time; rough start, but that's okay.

Medicare for all, equitable taxes, and high wages. Why assume these are non-starters for me? I want those things to happen.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

must be rough to look in a mirror

:fut:

twodot
Aug 7, 2005

You are objectively correct that this person is dumb and has said dumb things

yronic heroism posted:

Medicare for all, equitable taxes, and high wages. Why assume these are non-starters for me? I want those things to happen.
It's weird, because you're attacking people who are correctly observing that Democrats don't want those things.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Condiv posted:

cool! did you ever answer the question said intellectual asked you? seems like if you respected him so much you wouldn't ignore his questions

I missed it in all this shouting about centrist pigs and how we must needs bend the knee to the fatlord king in the north.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

really? that's the least abstract you get? and that's all? :chloe:

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Condiv posted:

I liked "equitable taxes" like that's somehow a good thing.

Just come out and endorse Herman's 7-7-7 plan

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

twodot posted:

It's weird, because you're attacking people who are correctly observing that Democrats don't want those things.

Except the 60 percent and counting percent of the caucus that does?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

NewForumSoftware posted:

I liked "equitable taxes" like that's somehow a good thing.

Just come out and endorse Herman's 7-7-7 plan

Equitable means fair. Fair means progressive. Flat = non equitable.

twodot
Aug 7, 2005

You are objectively correct that this person is dumb and has said dumb things

yronic heroism posted:

Except the 60 percent and counting percent of the caucus that does?
If a political party can only reach a 60% consensus on a political issue, then it doesn't seem like it can be much of a party plank. Like 60% of the party being in favor of, for example, abortion rights would seem like a serious issue with the party.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

yronic heroism posted:

Here, try this, it's better and a more fair description of the necessary action

"Tax the rich"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

what is your definition of equitable?

progressive isn't saying much cause we already have progressive taxation (at least on paper)

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
also double lol at supporting "high wages" as if that means anything

honestly there's not really much more of a centrist thing to do than weakly call for medicare for all after being brow beaten by leftists and having nothing left to stand for but "high wages" and "equitable taxes"

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Condiv posted:

what is your definition of equitable?

Tax the fuckers. Higher marginal and actual taxation of top earners. Strong estate tax.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
Repeat after me

Single payer
Tax the rich
$15 minimum wage
full communism now

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Condiv posted:

what's wrong with pelosi and manchin getting purged? and schumer?

Then how will lobbyists know the DLC has their backs?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

twodot posted:

If a political party can only reach a 60% consensus on a political issue, then it doesn't seem like it can be much of a party plank. Like 60% of the party being in favor of, for example, abortion rights would seem like a serious issue with the party.

That number is increasing :ssh:

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Condiv posted:

Those were specifically the things the question wrongly assumed I don't support.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

tekz posted:

Are they?

They are MOVING in that direction, isn't that enough? He never said they were moving in that direction fast enough to enact SP in our lifetimes.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I guess Dems and single payer are like a practical thermonuclear fusion power plant - no matter how much time passes, it's always fifty years away.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

NewForumSoftware posted:

Repeat after me

I can't shut up about slaves, which Trump totally didn't own btw.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

Seriously, drop it. We all get that NFS is being dumb when he says "Hillary owned slaves" (she lived in a Governor's mansion that used slave labor, still loving terrible, but not the same as "literally owned slaves") just stop engaging him on that point, it is going nowhere.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's hosed up that unlike Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton is an unapologetic slave owner.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
Remember when Donald Trump wrote a book about his time using prison slavery to do housework while he tutted about how much they acted like people with real feelings.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

NewForumSoftware posted:

Remember when Donald Trump wrote a book about his time using prison slavery to do housework while he tutted about how much they acted like people with real feelings.

I am not defending Hillary in any way, shape, or form, but holy gently caress you have to stop using "Hillary owned slaves" as a god damned punctuation mark. We all get it, none of us here like Hillary, so please stop beating that drum.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
Actually "Hillary Clinton owned slaves" should be Bernie's political slogan come the 2020 election when he has to defeat her for a second time in the primary

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

Those were specifically the things the question wrongly assumed I don't support.

no he asked you to describe what your goals are not abstract bulletpoints like singlepayer

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

It's hosed up that Donald Trump is an unapologetic slave owner.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

NewForumSoftware posted:

Actually "Hillary Clinton owned slaves" should be Bernie's political slogan come the 2020 election when he has to defeat her for a second time in the primary

no it shouldn't

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Condiv posted:

no it shouldn't

agree to disagree

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Condiv posted:

no he asked you to describe what your goals are not abstract bulletpoints like singlepayer

Medicare for all isn't a goal? What, do I need the write the bill for you?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
there's no excuse for hillary owning slaves in 1988 much like there's even less of an excuse for hillary owning slaves in 2018

anyone who voted for hillary should be forced to give up all their worldly possessions in the name of reparations

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why do you keep calling people smarter and fitter/better groomed than you neckbeards??

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

Medicare for all isn't a goal? What, do I need the write the bill for you?

write something that takes a littlle more thought than medicare for all? you guys always accuse us of having no goals beyond that so it's weird that 3 bullet points are the sum total of the change you'd like to see

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Condiv posted:

write something that takes a littlle more thought than medicare for all? you guys always accuse us of having no goals beyond that so it's weird that 3 bullet points are the sum total of the change you'd like to see

Already you are conflating me as part of a nonexistent "you guys".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

C. Everett Koop posted:

there's no excuse for hillary owning slaves in 1988 much like there's even less of an excuse for hillary owning slaves in 2018

And yet no one in either party fights to repeal the prisoners as slaves provision in the Thirteenth Amendment.

Makes you think

• Locked thread