Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Bust Rodd posted:

I understand that Hydra's are bugged but the "Let your Hydras cover your fragile rear end" playstyle works so much better for me than the "Pray for In-Geom proc or die horribly because the floor spawned 3 Yellow Mobs next to the door instead of a Blue Pack" that I don't really care, and also the Hydra stealing your proc beoomes a total non-issue if you just teleport away from them, c'est non?

I tried and failed three GR 70's with In-Geom//Aether Walker before cubing a Serpent Sparker and finishing with 4 minutes to spare.

This has been my first softcore season, and I'm convinced now that Hardcore Witch Doctors and Wizards must be aware of some fundamental mechanic that I must utterly lack because i just don't understand how you can climb with an Int class and not RIP immediately. This bizarre mechanic might simply be "Patience" but I at GR 70 with my Tal Vyr's wizard, even with Force Armor and Deflection I feel like every single attack from every mob one shots me, i can't even tell if it's worth to have those on my bar, since I just dissolve if anything so much as looks at me.

People who play hardcore wear way more defensive gear - give up pieces that people use in soft core for more defensive minded pieces and use different passives/runes.

They also don't run head long into stuff and die to unknowns they can't see on the screen.

It's not so much a trick as a diff play style and gearing process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Trag w/ pets doesn't require any CDR, is way less finicky than Rathma, and is very good for speed clears. The only speciality pieces you need for it besides the 6pc and Jesseth set are Krysbie's and the health globe belt from A3 bounties. I've also done GR85 with it so it's no slouch for soloing either. You can also work in Frailty for groups.

I don't suppose you have the build written down somewhere? I'd quite like to use Trags without trying to fumble my way around the map rounding up elites.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's my current seasonal Necro: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Yuppidoo-1198/hero/92829099

You can substitute Frailty for Siphon in groups, or Simulacrum with more CDR to push rifts. You can also try to work in a different necklace + ring combo than Endless Walk.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I rolled a Barb and pushing towards GR70 feels like it is moving at a snails pace. I guess all I can do is push those legendary gems to 60+ and keep grinding.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

^burtle posted:

I rolled a Barb and pushing towards GR70 feels like it is moving at a snails pace. I guess all I can do is push those legendary gems to 60+ and keep grinding.

Leapquake can do GR70 easier than any other Barbarian class. Do Leapquake!

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Plus leapquake is still super fun.

RAWR *smash* YARGH *smash* BLAHHHG *smash*

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I''m currently doing Leapquake, sitting around Paragon 550, but I don't have an Ancient Blade of the Tribes or a socketed necklace yet. :(

Is it more beneficial for me to try and farm a Hellfire Amulet than just pounding my head on GRs?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

^burtle posted:

I''m currently doing Leapquake, sitting around Paragon 550, but I don't have an Ancient Blade of the Tribes or a socketed necklace yet. :(

Is it more beneficial for me to try and farm a Hellfire Amulet than just pounding my head on GRs?

You're not running anything if you're missing one of the vital pieces! Roll a Socket onto your Hellfire! Or just forge a new Hellfire if your current one can't possible have Socket + at least Crit Chance OR Crit Damage

Ancient weapon will be helpful for 75+. Get the full set of gear that the build requires, then worry about replacing it with Ancients.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Aside from the necklace, I've got everything else, so I guess that's my next move.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

^burtle posted:

Aside from the necklace, I've got everything else, so I guess that's my next move.

Your 3 gems represent an incredibly significant amount of your damage (Trapped, Stricken) and survivability (Esoteric), so I would not be surprised if you're able to nail a gr70 just by having the full build.

Your weapon has a Ramaldini socket with a flawless Emerald in it, right?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
So I finally got an ancient Yang's Recurve on my DH, and I'm not really sure what I should focus on next in terms of upgrades:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Catfish-1833/hero/92142747

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Your 3 gems represent an incredibly significant amount of your damage (Trapped, Stricken) and survivability (Esoteric), so I would not be surprised if you're able to nail a gr70 just by having the full build.

Your weapon has a Ramaldini socket with a flawless Emerald in it, right?

Yup, flawless green in the weapon, diamonds in the chest and legs and a purp in the helmet.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

^burtle posted:

Yup, flawless green in the weapon, diamonds in the chest and legs and a purp in the helmet.

Personally, I was [RUBIES] in chest/legs even in the low 80 GR levels. See if that works a bit better? You can do a pretty good job of avoiding attacks by leaping in and out of the fray.

I used a Diamond in the Helm to get godmode on cooldown more often. I pop the godmode power for every single elite pack.

EDIT: Wrong gem type.

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 31, 2017

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

^burtle posted:

Last season, I did up to 75 on barb before paragon 600 with a normal blade of the tribes. Ancient weapons help, but I think they're less strong in reality than you're thinking in your head. They're maybe 2 GR levels higher than what you can do with a normal weapon.

Then I switched to a wiz and couldn't believe the power difference.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

It's my current seasonal Necro: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Yuppidoo-1198/hero/92829099

You can substitute Frailty for Siphon in groups, or Simulacrum with more CDR to push rifts. You can also try to work in a different necklace + ring combo than Endless Walk.

This build owns bones :v: cheers.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

So I finally got an ancient Yang's Recurve on my DH, and I'm not really sure what I should focus on next in terms of upgrades:

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Catfish-1833/hero/92142747

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

What sort of content are you running with that build/gear? I switched to Shadow/Impale to get my GR 70, focused on improving that gear to hit 75, and haven't gone back to multishot yet--but I'm thinking I might want to for farming.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

onefish posted:

What sort of content are you running with that build/gear? I switched to Shadow/Impale to get my GR 70, focused on improving that gear to hit 75, and haven't gone back to multishot yet--but I'm thinking I might want to for farming.

Mainly farming T13 and equivalent level rifts; with my current setup I can pretty much one-shot monsters on T11/T12 and T13 is just a little bit slower.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Nymix posted:

This build owns bones :v: cheers.

I think Ima try it out tonight

ChickenSuit
Apr 2, 2002

"You know I love you back."

Filthy Monkey posted:

Finally beat a GR70 as monk. Makes me wish I had started as something else, seeing my friends so easily smash it up with necromancer and crusader and the like. I am not a diablo expert by any means though, and only play for a week or two every other season.

I tried a few builds, including generator, sunwuko LTK, and Inna EP, but oddly I found it easiest with one that I had copied from the number four monk on the ladder. It isn't on icy veins at all, and is an Inna's LTK setup. Here is the picture of that guy.

You don't even have a generator. Basically you perma-epiphany with the help of obsidian ring of the zodiac, and you LTK everything i the face. The rabid strike copies your LTKs during epiphany, for double the LTK fun. You rely on a combination of inna auras, sweeping wind+inner storm, air ally button, and epiphany to keep your spirit up.

From forever ago but thank you for this. I switched to monk so I could tank for some friends but still like to push solo when I can. Everything else has been terrible. Either didn't enjoy the play style or was poo poo at it. Took this build to top 100 in just a few blocks of playing.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

This week's Challenge Rift brings you a WD without spirit walk! It is very easy though since he has full helltooth, the right pet skills, and lots of density. Next week, sader with no horse? Stay tuned!

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
so my chicken build is getting close to being able to speed t13 and I've got loads of other wd gear, I'm just not totally sure what the best wd build to push with is, or if I should instead just roll necromancer/wiz and push with one of those instead, since I can get a bucket load of blood shards pretty quickly with the wd and have numerous pieces of usable gear for them.

I'll say, chicken speed is pretty fun, only thing I don't like is how annoying it can sometimes be on crowded screens to get your dumb pets on the elites.

anyway, I have lots of ancient pieces for both jade harvester and for arakyr or whatever it's called - either of these worth diving into?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

DrSeRRoD posted:

This week's Challenge Rift brings you a WD without spirit walk!
At least he has the passive that increases movement speed. Still though.

And Boon of the loving Hoarder yet again. :doh:

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Which is the better Rathma build? I saw the one on Diablofans and the Icy Veins ones and tried them both, but the IV one played a little better to me. (I could just be missing the point of Simulacra.)

But I do the auto cast trick with Devour (Cannibalize - for the heals) and I'm probably missing some point of the Diablofans one. What's the big difference that I'm missing?

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

MMAgCh posted:

And Boon of the loving Hoarder yet again. :doh:

I did this on 1-2 GRifts when I was putting together my Avarice+Goldwrap+Hoarder combo. Then I realized there was no gold and moved back to normal items that weren't gold related. I hope this isn't my WD...

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

GoingPostal posted:

Which is the better Rathma build? I saw the one on Diablofans and the Icy Veins ones and tried them both, but the IV one played a little better to me. (I could just be missing the point of Simulacra.)

But I do the auto cast trick with Devour (Cannibalize - for the heals) and I'm probably missing some point of the Diablofans one. What's the big difference that I'm missing?

Hard to say if you don't link the builds you are referring to because so far, each necro set has various possible setups, which is pretty awesome, but makes these type of questions harder to answer. Also, you will have to define "better" at what? Higher GR push? Speed T13s? Speed 70s?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

DrSeRRoD posted:

This week's Challenge Rift brings you a WD without spirit walk! It is very easy though since he has full helltooth, the right pet skills, and lots of density. Next week, sader with no horse? Stay tuned!

HOW DO THESE PEOPLE STAND WALKING EVERYWHERE?

My god in heaven if I didn't have a low cooldown movement skill I'd probably not even play this game. Thank God I get to zip through rifts at a bajillion miles per hour as a Wizard this season.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Ice Fist posted:

My god in heaven if I didn't have a low cooldown movement skill I'd probably not even play this game. Thank God I get to zip through rifts at a bajillion miles per hour as a Wizard this season.

When Diablo 3 was first announced the thread was full of people who were jumping for joy that Diablo 3 was going to put a long cooldown on teleport. People got seriously angry with me for saying that the way it worked in Diablo 2 was actually good. :v:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Enigma was terrible.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

euphronius posted:

Enigma was terrible.

Only because of its scarcity and relationship with duping.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame

DrSeRRoD posted:

Hard to say if you don't link the builds you are referring to because so far, each necro set has various possible setups, which is pretty awesome, but makes these type of questions harder to answer. Also, you will have to define "better" at what? Higher GR push? Speed T13s? Speed 70s?

Well, right now I'm chugging along in T6 and trying to gear up due to bad Haedrig choices. I'd like to do GR pushes to unlock primals, eventually.

And here are the two builds.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/92777-rathma-jesseth-singularity

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/rathma-skeletal-mages-necromancer-bis-gear-gems-paragon-points

There's a lot of overlap, but there's probably minutia that I'm missing.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

DrSeRRoD posted:

Hammer crusader has no horse. It is, in a word, miserable.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Hammer crusader with no hammers.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Ice Fist posted:

Most of my builds are walking builds :confuoot:. Hammerdin last season, Rathma's this season

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

GoingPostal posted:

Well, right now I'm chugging along in T6 and trying to gear up due to bad Haedrig choices. I'd like to do GR pushes to unlock primals, eventually.

And here are the two builds.

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/92777-rathma-jesseth-singularity

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/rathma-skeletal-mages-necromancer-bis-gear-gems-paragon-points

There's a lot of overlap, but there's probably minutia that I'm missing.
For your purposes I'd use the Icy Veins build but replace LotD with Blood Rush|Potency, and Life from Death with Final Service perhaps. An argument could be made for using the Satiate rune on Devour as well, which may make Dark Mending on the skeleton skill more useful. You won't be hitting the point where Simulacrum and Land of the Dead are needed for a good long while yet.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Anyone else having trouble today with some of the communities (including the LLJK one)?

Where am I supposed to tell everybody about my Bad Loot? Where am I supposed to ask stupid questions like "is the Furnace a 2H mace"?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Poultron posted:

Anyone else having trouble today with some of the communities (including the LLJK one)?

Where am I supposed to tell everybody about my Bad Loot? Where am I supposed to ask stupid questions like "is the Furnace a 2H mace"?

Yea, a bunch of them crashed about 2 hours ago.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Poultron posted:

e: I misunderstood this as a request for communities rather than a technical difficulty post, ignore this.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

e: I misunderstood this as a request for communities rather than a technical difficulty post, ignore this.

Hell, I'll make a blatant request for communities. I'm stuck trying to get a T13 rift in under 5 min and would like a group to get that poo poo done with. Plus random goons to talk about my poor decisions with.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

Hell, I'll make a blatant request for communities. I'm stuck trying to get a T13 rift in under 5 min and would like a group to get that poo poo done with. Plus random goons to talk about my poor decisions with.

Oh well in that case, come join us in Serious Overchill: https://discord.gg/EVJ2V8

We were originally an Overwatch discord but we've branched out significantly since then. The Diablo 3 channel is the aptly named "The Bone Zone."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Cyrano4747 posted:

Really friendly ones I find with tons of good information usually belong to big clans or streamers. I highly recommend trade secrets from zhanji, corsairs from Corsair clan, or dropaduski's. There's tons of high level, high experience guys who are willing to impart knowledge

Edit: if you're looking to push or speed 90-100s, the big grift communities are also good