Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

hackbunny posted:

I only know the genre from reading about it but I'm pretty sure that no, the main character never gets a girl, or they couldn't stretch a series indefinitely, introduce more and more girls etc.
the most insidious harem series have no male main character and the viewer fills the role. series like, bizarrely, MLP (where I'm pretty sure the male-less harem aspect was accidental because american producers aren't as jaded and cynical as their japanese counterparts)

a bunch of women with different interests and personalities is not technically a "harem"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

green chicken feet posted:

If it makes you feel better, I watch anime on a free website and half of the ads are for mail-order brides.

I am not in need of a mail-order bride. :colbert:

The first one you ordered is working out just fine then I take it?

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
he got a cloth waifu, they're only like $80 from amazon

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The ads i got at work after I had to do unrelated research projects on dogfood and erotic lubricants were a special kind of hell.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Barudak posted:

The ads i got at work after I had to do unrelated research projects on dogfood and erotic lubricants were a special kind of hell.

so you work from home??

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

so you work from home??

Only one day a week if I ask nice.

Its the same job that made me become extremely well informed on proper indoor lighting and hydroponics arrays for weed as well as what natural beauty and tourism opportunities Uganda can afford the discerning, two million dollars in liquid assets traveler.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

:lol:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Pick posted:

a bunch of women with different interests and personalities is not technically a "harem"

You may not be watching the shows through the eyes of a sexually degenerate/frustrated/horny young male that can objectify and sexualize a feminine voice and any shape curvier than a shoebox.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

You may not be watching the shows through the eyes of a sexually degenerate/frustrated/horny young male that can objectify and sexualize a feminine voice and any shape curvier than a shoebox.

well luckily I'm not watching the show at all

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

Any man can sexualize anything he wants through the power of imagination

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Im gonna gently caress this tree!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Meme Emulator posted:

Wood

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

n4 posted:

All of humanity can be traced back to a small group of 10 Chads

Who all gangbanged Mitochondrial Eve.

That whore.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Meme Emulator posted:

Any man can sexualize anything he wants through the power of imagination

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

No no, go ahead and ask her on a vacation, she'll totally be into it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNyqT3XhBbs

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

Meme Emulator posted:

:gizz:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Let's imagine that an incel gets his wish.

They fall into the perfect relationship with a hot 14, (eww, but that's what incels want) year old submissive virgin who is incredibly intelligent, can discuss anime and video games, is content discussing nothing else, can cook, clean and will happily and enthusiastically sexually service said incel as many times as he wants.

(I know this is an insane fantasy, but lets imagine anyway.)

I reckon that incels are so mentally damaged that they would break up with her in about a week over some real or imagined slight that they would blame both on her for being a Stacy and themselves for being ugly, (mostly her though.)

"What?? My dinner is 5 minutes late! This means you must be loving 17 Chads and then licking their cum off toilet seats! You are just like all the others, It's over!"

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

BrigadierSensible posted:

They fall into the perfect relationship with a hot 14, (eww, but that's what incels want) year old submissive virgin who is incredibly intelligent, can discuss anime and video games, is content discussing nothing else, can cook, clean and will happily and enthusiastically sexually service said incel as many times as he wants.

I reckon that incels are so mentally damaged that they would break up with her in about a week over some real or imagined slight that they would blame both on her for being a Stacy and themselves for being ugly, (mostly her though.)

"What?? My dinner is 5 minutes late! This means you must be loving 17 Chads and then licking their cum off toilet seats! You are just like all the others, It's over!"

That'd most certainly be the case. Other likely reasons for breakup would be:

"It's your fault I can't preform after jacking it to cartoons twice a day for the last ten years"
"I saw those Chads looking at you, you harlot. Stop tempting them with your sluttiness."
or:
"I saw a pimple on your face, you herpes-ridden, cockriding Stacy"

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005

They would never get this far. They would talk themselves out of the relationship before it even started. There will always be an excuse to not try.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Reminder that incels don't actually want what they really want people to think they want.

They want Chad. Which is perfectly fine, they should just be honest about it.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

The first one you ordered is working out just fine then I take it?

curufinor posted:

he got a cloth waifu, they're only like $80 from amazon

I know I opened myself up for this one, but just for the record, things are going great with Sakura-chan and I. But she is not a cloth wife. She is cloth-kin.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Pick posted:

technically maybe but the vast adult male audience for little girl media speaks for itself

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

"OMG she didn't emit a high-pitched shriek, mace me and then call the cops. She WANTS me!", said no one ever who has ever talked to another human being.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Shanghaied posted:

"OMG she didn't emit a high-pitched shriek, mace me and then call the cops. She WANTS me!", said no one ever who has ever talked to another human being.

The inverse of this is that just because you treat your cashier like a human being and try to strike up an conversation and be friendly doesn't mean you are creeping on them.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

This is from the r/relationships thread and too good not to share here

[CA] Employee suffers from a phobia towards a protected class.

Hello, I run a small 6 person startup (five excluding myself). So far our product has been mostly targeted towards businesses, with a significant degree of success there. We'd like to expand our product towards consumer applications, but we need to hire a couple of devs to do that.

So far, everyone we have hired has known one of us and was hired based upon that recommendation. It just so happens that the majority of our acquaintances are male.

Anyways, one of our key employees has a PhD in machine learning and has been indispensable to our success so far. His contributions to the development of our product have been immense and we value his work a lot.

This employee is also diagnosed with "Specific phobia" by a psychiatrist and has a fear of women . He feels that working with a woman on a daily basis would serve as a trigger for him and torpedo his productivity. This is something that I would definitely like to avoid. His psychiatrist has also attested towards this fact and said that until he is exposed to women in a more controlled setting and builds up a "tolerance" to increasing levels of exposure, that it would be detrimental towards his mental health to work with women on a regular basis.

I know that employers with over 15 employees are subject to federal hiring regulations, but the state of California apparently imposes more regulations, even on businesses with just 5 employees. Given these circumstances, would we be allowed to not consider any female candidates for the developer positions that we have open?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

green chicken feet posted:

Would this constitute assault or maybe some lesser crime such as being a public nuisance?

It is assault consummated by battery (in the place where I was law enforcement).

I've never seen it for spraying fecal matter on someone, but I have seen people arrested for spitting on someone.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Guy Mann posted:

The inverse of this is that just because you treat your cashier like a human being and try to strike up an conversation and be friendly doesn't mean you are creeping on them.

This is also a good point, I have some friends who are really gross and lovely about other people trying to be friendly to them

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

[CA] Employee suffers from a phobia towards a protected class.

Maybe I'm just an idiot but, if they hire a women couldn't they make PhD guy remote or her remote? I will say that I can't muster the same hate for this guy as I have for other incels because he seems to realize that he has a problem.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I am not an HR puke, but as I understand it, the watchword for disabled employees is "reasonable accommodation." "Black ball half of the population from working here" is categorically unreasonable and obviously discriminatory. Forcing female employees to work remotely seems similarly unreasonable. Having him work from home might seem like an okay solution if we take his "phobia" at face value. Will he be triggered if he hears a female voice on a conference call?

I had some exposure to a guy who claimed to have "anxiety" that would be triggered if he had to report to or work with a woman who was in a peer/supervisory status to him, and that visiting exotic dancers was a form of exposure therapy that allowed him to see women as non-threatening, so yeah I'm inclined to fill in the "between the lines" about the object of this post with gross CHUD-dom.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Incels just went closed to the public. Again.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Literally A Person posted:

Incels just went closed to the public. Again.

We need a deep cover normie.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

We need a deep cover normie.

I still think we should send Pick. Really gently caress with these people, you know?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Holy goddamn these things keep getting better.

Wulf
May 8, 2008
Seems Chad was already an implicit divine entity, might as well go all out.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

what the gently caress is going on in the minge insert picture in the first one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

• Locked thread