Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

curufinor posted:

sure bigots vote dem
dems don't do the mgtow incel poo poo tho
that poo poo's so rightwing

Eliot Rodger was the product of a liberal British-Malaysian couple who worked for Hollywood and lived in an iconic coastal ivory tower community. every last man jack on r/incel reads the New York Times religiously, feels this places him among an intellectual elite of Americans, and would have a heart attack if you implied the weird poo poo they say about black people makes them racist

Haifisch posted:

I [16F] found out my boyfriend [16M] of three months asked me out because his brother [17M] was going to do it as a joke.

too insecure to accept love if it doesn't closely adhere to the Love Actually script gonna make this girl's life real fun

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Haifisch posted:

I [16F] found out my boyfriend [16M] of three months asked me out because his brother [17M] was going to do it as a joke.

the threat of his brother playing a mean prank on her probably motivated him to sack up and ask her out. oh, teenagers

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Haifisch posted:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I loving love that movie.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Eliot Rodger was the product of a liberal British-Malaysian couple who worked for Hollywood and lived in an iconic coastal ivory tower community. every last man jack on r/incel reads the New York Times religiously, feels this places him among an intellectual elite of Americans, and would have a heart attack if you implied the weird poo poo they say about black people makes them racist

too insecure to accept love if it doesn't closely adhere to the Love Actually script gonna make this girl's life real fun

they might make some quibbly noises about "i dislike the term racist, it has a negative connotation" but they very clearly think white people are better than any other and proclaim it often and loudly, i dont think theyd have a heart attack by any stretch

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

they might make some quibbly noises about "i dislike the term racist, it has a negative connotation" but they very clearly think white people are better than any other and proclaim it often and loudly, i dont think theyd have a heart attack by any stretch

you just described William Jefferson Clinton, except most incels never had actual slave attendants

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

WampaLord posted:

I loving love that movie.

:same:

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe

you just described William Jefferson Clinton, except most incels never had actual slave attendants

did you just call bill clinton an incel

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

curufinor posted:

did you just call bill clinton an incel

are you saying the defining component of egalitarian thought is whether you gently caress

even the most bazinga CS guys generally can score so touche I guess

Me [19 M] with my Girlfriend[19 F] 3 Months, Girlfriend has a bad clothing selection/bad dress sense

quote:

So, me and my girlfriend have been together about 3 months. Everything about her is great apart from one thing, her clothes. Yes I understand that when we got in to a relationship she was already like this, but i thought it was just her being shy, but after going out for a few meals with her(dates) ive noticed that she actually doesnt seem to own any 'nice' clothing.

For example, the other evening we went out for a meal, and i got in to a nice shirt and jeans, with some vans, so i was semi smart i guess. Meanwhile she put on some jeans, fair enough, but she put on some tacky runescape hoody and some really ugly bright blue shoes...

I personally feel like its not just for me, as when out with her mates she does the same. I kinda get the feeling she is not confident or just doesnt care about how she looks.

How do i start getting her to wear some nicer stuff? i mean i know it sounds harsh, but sometimes its a bit embarrassing to take her out dressed like that. Even my nan, who would never say anything bad usually, asked me why she didnt dress normally.

Thanks for any advice you can give

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 1, 2017

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Me [19 M] with my Girlfriend[19 F] 3 Months, Girlfriend has a bad clothing selection/bad dress sense
Runescape hoodie? Did I accidentally fall into a time portal to 2001?

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Just buy her the poo poo you want her to wear jeeez

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Haifisch posted:

If he's still dating her after three months I would say he actually likes her. Prank-blocking his brother didn't require a committed relationship, just one nice date.

EDIT: Not to mention there's other ways to stop that bullshit.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
This is why Where the Red Fern Grows and Old Yeller should be mandatory reading in school. Companion animals are awesome and the bestest, but if they get tore up somethin' fierce, it's time to fetch the shovel/shotgun/special forces CQC handbook.

gently caress, I'm a hoity-toity city boy, but there's no reason to let an animal suffer. A friend of mine put glue traps out for mice in her house and was then going to just throw them in the thrash can outside to starve/dehydrate/overheat/bleed to death. It had already gnawed on itself and pulled off chunks of skin/muscle trying to break free and my friend was distressed and freaking out about the thing. I just grabbed a brick (was part of her garden edging) and smashed mr mouse to let the poor creature be at peace. Thankfully, that was the first one she had caught, so I convinced her to either use no-kill traps or deadlier traps/be prepared to do some bricking. She chose the humane traps. :shrug:

Pick posted:

hugh thought honesty was important so he'd sometimes tell me about some random woman he clearly didn't even know that he "asked for sex" (his words) and she said no ?? :///

but then sometimes i think this was a lie because I'd ask him something like what her name was or what he her hair color was and he wouldn't know

Not all guys remember details like that, especially with social awkwardness/inexperience and the fact that getting up the courage to approach the woman in the first place likely took forever and/or plenty of egging-on from buddies. Hell, he probably didn't ever even get to the learning their names part. The typical terrified baby steps of nerds asking girls out are to just trundle over to your target and cold-ask them for a number/date, because you can only concentrate on one thing and your social skills are toilet tier anyway. After a few dozen soul-crushing rejections (getting slightly easier every time) you've probably figured out how to summon up that courage in half the time and to maybe chat nervously for a couple minutes before dropping your payload.

With all that poo poo, you ain't got the time or bandwidth to remember irrelevant poo poo like hair color, names, perfumes, clothing, body types or whatever. I can't imagine rolling up and going "uh...uh... I... I think you're cute. You wanna gently caress in the bathroom? Maybe your dorm room?" and then immediately storming off in sheer embarrassment, lends itself to gazing deeply into a woman's eyes and noting the exact shade.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Haifisch posted:

Runescape hoodie? Did I accidentally fall into a time portal to 2001?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka4e58k7m3k

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

They were, I loving encountered them. we had them here

my lying eyes indeed

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

duh

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I wonder if this politician is creating a false narrative against someone theyre running against

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Here's a hot take, don't get mad at a candidate's supporters, they are not representative of the candidate, the candidate has no direct control over them and the candidate is the one who will be governing, not the supporters.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

WampaLord posted:

Here's a hot take, don't get mad at a candidate's supporters, they are not representative of the candidate, the candidate has no direct control over them and the candidate is the one who will be governing, not the supporters.

Donald Trump won't care about you dunking on him online but you can still legitimately upset Uncle Vernon by ruining Thanksgiving with your screaming tantrum

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Donald Trump won't care about you dunking on him online but you can still legitimately upset Uncle Vernon by ruining Thanksgiving with your screaming tantrum

I'm speaking in a pre-election sense. After an election, things change.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

yeah after the election ol' Vern's a lot smugger and you've gotta really up the ante to get a reaction

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Pick posted:

They were, I loving encountered them. we had them here

my lying eyes indeed

Literally every poll I saw on so called bernie bros had them voting for all the civil leftist policies you could possibly ask for, the idea that there was a strong alt-right faction in progressives was just a made up narrative that was actually discussed in the leaked emails.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

Literally every poll I saw on so called bernie bros had them voting for all the civil leftist policies you could possibly ask for, the idea that there was a strong alt-right faction in progressives was just a made up narrative that was actually discussed in the leaked emails.

That I could ever ask for? I'm not as left as you think I am.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
HEY, WOMEN. That think that you thought you saw and experienced? You didn't! And the thing you said you wanted? you didn't want that! you wanted this other thing like I say!

p.s. stupid ladies, bernie bros aren't real

:ironicat:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Pick posted:

That I could ever ask for? I'm not as left as you think I am.

More like "you" in the hypothetical sense of a reader that somehow thought there existed a substantial portion of bernie voters that were socially regressive. There were no women's, minoritie's, lgbt's, etc, rights that bernie voters didn't statistically hold "very socially left" viewpoints on. The whole misogynistic/racist/transphobic white boys narrative was entirely fake and in fact millennial's of basically all demographics also favored bernie over hillary.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 1, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

More like "you" in the hypothetical sense of a reader that somehow thought there existed a substantial portion of bernie voters that were socially regressive.

god no I've never met a perenially underemployed straight white man (o.k., who "might be a little bi") who was actually an out of touch dumbass lol

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

are you saying the defining component of egalitarian thought is whether you gently caress

even the most bazinga CS guys generally can score so touche I guess

Buy her some nice clothes, a book on etiquette, and let nature take its course.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I wish I could expose some folks itt to say the tech guy at my old company who continually recited, fervently believed, and would fight you on every plank of the Democratic platform while simultaneously 'joking' all the time about how blacks were genetically stupid and he wished the Purge was real so he could murder his stupid japanese wife, but who am I kidding he definitely posts in GBS

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

I wish I could expose some folks itt to say the tech guy at my old company who continually recited, fervently believed, and would fight you on every plank of the Democratic platform while simultaneously 'joking' all the time about how blacks were genetically stupid and he wished the Purge was real so he could murder his stupid japanese wife, but who am I kidding he definitely posts in GBS

Not gonna say outliers don't exist but the articles were discussing trends and the the actual measurement of the trends was the straight opposite, it was a heavily crafted narrative to try and dissuade millennials (hillary's worst primary demographic) from the polls.

It was a self defeating tactic and prolly a big reason why dems lost the election. But no cost was too great for Hillary's hubris I guess.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And even if they do exist in some numbers, they're still better and more reliable allies than establishment Democrats, whose main takeaway from the loss seems to be 'We weren't racist enough, and didn't offer enough tax breaks for businesses, but winning isn't everything, anyway'.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

He wasn't really an outlier though, he was the very model of a modern computer janitor, and fit comfortably in your poll results while still wishing he could be George Zimmerman. Voting Democrat is a core part of white-collar city-dweller identity and so is being the kind of bigot who thinks the big problem with racism is it's gauche to say those kinds of things out loud, which is why your poll citations don't prove san francisco mathematically impossible.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Aug 1, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

First off, y'all are talking past each other, one side talking trends and the other talking about individuals, and second of all, we're not going to solve this thing in the r/relationships thread, so maybe let's drop the politics derail.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Here's a new story to distract y'all.

Me [26 M] with my girlfriend [25 F] 4 years, I slept with [21 F] a few times and regret it completely but she has gone insane since I ended things with her.

quote:

I really hosed up here, like seriously hosed and don't know how to get rid of this other girl now.

I love my girlfriend completely and we plan on getting married in another year. She's honestly the best thing to ever happen to me and I know if she found out she'd be destroyed.

It happened a month ago when I went out drinking, I was by myself and my girlfriend was visiting her family (they live 4 hours away) so I figured I'd go out.

When I was out I meet another girl (Brittany) we talked a little and eventually had a full blown conversation. She invited me back to her place and I really don't know what got into me but I went.

We slept together a few times during the time my girlfriend was gone and I felt like a piece of poo poo and still do, I thought I could just put this behind me and be the best boyfriend that my girlfriend deserves.

But the problem is that Brittany is crazy, she called me one day asking when I was going to visit her again calling us a couple (wtf?) I just told her that it meant nothing and to move on.

She called me crying a few times asking why I was hurting her like this but I hung up. My girlfriend noticed I was getting a lot of calls but I told her it was the wrong number.

Brittany sent my girlfriend a package I was home when it came and it was explicit pictures of me and her.
I called her and told her to stop but she said that I hurt her so she was going to hurt me back.

I honestly don't know what to do here guys, I just want her to stop with all of this but she won't. In really afraid she's going to tell my girlfriend, because if she does I know she will leave me in a heartbeat.

I just need some solid advice.

tl;dr: I slept with another girl a few times when my girlfriend was away, I regret and told the other girl to leave me alone but she is threatening to tell my girlfriend. How do I get her to stop?

loving owned.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

WampaLord posted:

Here's a new story to distract y'all.

Me [26 M] with my girlfriend [25 F] 4 years, I slept with [21 F] a few times and regret it completely but she has gone insane since I ended things with her.

loving owned.

This is a good self-own.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

That's how murders happen.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

PetraCore posted:

If he's still dating her after three months I would say he actually likes her. Prank-blocking his brother didn't require a committed relationship, just one nice date.

EDIT: Not to mention there's other ways to stop that bullshit.

What does she think about all those other girls that he didn't step in to save?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Remember to robotically break the bunny's neck before you boil it

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Pick posted:

Remember to robotically break the bunny's neck before you boil it

What sort of monster would boil a rabbit alive?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My (26m) GF (24m) wants us to move back down south because she feels that NYC is too pretentious for her.

quote:

hello, i met my GF in florida 4 years ago and we fell in love right away. I am from Iran, she is a regular suburban florida American. I lived for most of my years in detroit before going to florida to live with her and then we both made the decision to move to NYC and get an apartment with my sister.

We got to NYC 11 months ago ago and it was amazing. I can go over the ten million reasons I adore this city, but it wouldn't even describe how great it really is. My gf liked it so much at first too, we went to all the cool stuff around the city and made a ton of friends within just the first few days. I honestly feel more at home here than i do anywhere else in the world. It feels unlike any other city i have ever been in, and i have visited a lot.

About 5 months ago, my GF began to put on a bit of weight, about 15-25 pounds about for someone 5'7. It really affected her self esteem, and she kept on complaining about how people in NYC never ate full meals or how the city is so tiring. It is true that people here are seemingly much more skinny than especially detroit or florida, maybe 1/10 people here are obese compared to 1/3 in those places, and the obese people are REALLY obese.

My GF then really got upset at stuff suddenly, she kind of got mad at me when I didn't want to go with her to get food and she thought i was trying to sabotage her and make her lose weight so she could be more hot. I didn't really even care, I just rolled my eyes and told her she was acting a bit ridiculous. But it got worse after that for quite a while, as if her being overweight was some kind of rebellion of some ideology she holds up.

I guess it also doesn't help that i have been working out a lot more for the past 4 months and have gotten noticeably more fit. I did it to make her happy, but i think she resents it as insulting a tiny bit. Its not as if she is extremely overweight at all, she has a bmi of 24 which isn't that horrible.

It hit a point a month ago where we were at a fun party and she kept telling me that 'everyone here is so skinny and fit and attractive' as if she wasn't at all, and that these people were... idk, lesser than her because of it? As if being attractive and well dressed and fit is just being a snob? It felt weird, as if she was being a snob by calling everyone else a snob.

Its strange, and it didn't really bother me at the time though, but 3 days ago she went on this rant about how people in NYC suck, and that all her friends are fake and everyone here does drugs (she is straight edge except for drinking) and then she specifically went off about how "people here care too much about their bodies and being skinny", and it kind of made me really upset because i was in that category. I had been working out to look good for her, and she is now saying that she hates people who work for themselves looks-wise??

Then yesterday, she said she wants to move back to Florida possibly. She started ranting again about how the people here stress her out and that she just wants a place to relax. She told me she doesn't care when we go, but that she want's to go and go away from these people. Her face and attitude made it seem as if i had already agreed with her, when in reality i was mostly just silent. I told her at the end that i was not going to move back to florida unless we really have to, and she got a bit upset but then slowly cried and left for work while trying to hide the fact that she is crying. Called me an hour later to rant... once again about how much NYC is too 'high energy' for her, and how she is a low energy person, and that i gotta adjust this for her. I told her we would talk about it when she gets home, and then she got home and said she was going to her friends house right away.

We haven't spoken since then. What the hell do i do?? I do not want to move back to Florida, it was unimaginably boring compared to NYC and I don't think i could handle it. She is actually a great girlfriend besides these self esteem issues, and I don't think she would go to have to choose florida over me. But I just need something to cheer her up. I tell her she looks fine all the time, I have even showed her how not-that-fat she really is and she seemed happy, but then she goes to work/party/hang out and suddenly her self esteem is back to zero because everyone around her is 'better' than her in some way. I just need some way to cheer her up and remind her why we fell in love with brooklyn in the first place.

TL;DR: Girlfriend wants to move back to florida because she thinks nyc is too pretentious, I don't want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fruit on the bottom posted:

What does she think about all those other girls that he didn't step in to save?

He probably already liked her because of the goofy poo poo calling her a skinny fry or whatever. Nobody does that unless they're a serious rear end in a top hat or they like that person (or really hate them)