Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Tom Smykowski posted:

What's a solid jedi team yall use?

There's a dude on my shard who runs ZGJ (L), Ezra, GK, Yoda, and R2 and can take #1 no problem from multiple chaze squads.

Here's a more detailed breakdown on this squad if you're curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPP5aNuY4Ik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tom Smykowski posted:

What's a solid jedi team yall use?

zQGJ, zYoda, zR2D2, Ezra, G. Kenobi

Anakin is an alternate for Ezra, but I think Ezra is the current meta dmg dealer for Jedi... also easier to get than Anakin, but probably harder to gear.

Kanan is probably a good alternate for Kenobi, but Kenobi is OP as gently caress, so your squad will suffer until you get GK in there. Alternatively, you could skip the tank and use zBarris to help make your team a little harder to kill, since crits will heal them and she passively dispels.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jul 30, 2017

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Everytime I see GK and DN on the same team, I die a little inside.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I don't even know what to do with GK.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

I don't even know what to do with GK.

Pour all of your gear into him and collect

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Pour all of your gear into him and collect

Would you prioritize him over Chaze? Because that's my current project and they have insane gear requirements

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

Would you prioritize him over Chaze? Because that's my current project and they have insane gear requirements

Short answer: maybe.

Long Answer: depends what else you've got going for you, but basically the current meta seems to be some arrangement of Rex/Nihilus/GK/Thrawn. Chaze is still solid as gently caress but teams don't NEED them to succeed anymore.

edit:

That being said... GK's gear requirement is probably about the same as Chaze for one character :(

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 31, 2017

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Chilichimp posted:

I mean, by the time you unlock GW, it's assumed you'd have 5*+ characters, so PS isn't gonna be great in GW until you're in the G7-8 range (when you unlock protection) and get some stars on'em.

GW unlocks almost immediately when you start the game though. Level 8 or so? I don't think i had anyone at 4* even, much less at 5*.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Ineptitude posted:

GW unlocks almost immediately when you start the game though. Level 8 or so? I don't think i had anyone at 4* even, much less at 5*.

Nah, it's like level 40 or thereabouts.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Vulpes posted:

Nah, it's like level 40 or thereabouts.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

Short answer: maybe.

Long Answer: depends what else you've got going for you, but basically the current meta seems to be some arrangement of Rex/Nihilus/GK/Thrawn. Chaze is still solid as gently caress but teams don't NEED them to succeed anymore.

edit:

That being said... GK's gear requirement is probably about the same as Chaze for one character :(

The real meta is actually just Nihlius/GK/Thrawn tbqh - there are more configurations than the rex led one. (Even more so, if you distill it, the meta is Thrawn to disable a tank, DN to kill things, and as many tanks or cleansers or other kinds of protection as you can pile on to hide Nihlius from CC and get your annihilate off first. Do that and you win. GK just happens to be the best tank in the game, and Rex is a cheatcode for making your whole team operate at the speed of Thrawn.)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Point is kenobi owns, so does chaze

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
For what's it's worth, I geared Chaze before GK and regretted it. A lot of top meta teams now don't use Chaze at all, but GK is ubiquitous.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Think I can slot GK in to my Zaul team for now? Using Maul, Zylo, EP, Vader, DN. I want to find characters that will fit with DN and Zylo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

Think I can slot GK in to my Zaul team for now? Using Maul, Zylo, EP, Vader, DN. I want to find characters that will fit with DN and Zylo.

GK fits anywhere.

You can do Rex/GK/DN/Zylo +1 and it would be pretty boss. You got R2?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

GK fits anywhere.

You can do Rex/GK/DN/Zylo +1 and it would be pretty boss. You got R2?

I do. Not geared yet

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Any room in goon guilds, or are they both still full?

Also, looking to get some allies. Note: I currently suck.
893-476-256

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

I do. Not geared yet

Aim for that 5 man long term then.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

All you guys talking about how/if on use of GK, and I'm over here like, "Man, sure would be nice to get a single shard for him."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

All you guys talking about how/if on use of GK, and I'm over here like, "Man, sure would be nice to get a single shard for him."

Some day bro.

Hows your roster re:haat?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Are you in SM? Think most of us are about to six star him

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

Clearly not. Chillin in QGJ, which should prolly inventory their HAAT ability at some point.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

Some day bro.

Hows your roster re:haat?

My roster tends to be best available, with my toons seen here: https://swgoh.gg/u/thrawn527/

I'm working on teams, with Sith and Rebels being my most promising. And my Vader is zeta'd, but he's my only one.

UmOk posted:

I'm in QGJ, and it's fine, I'll get there eventually.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
As much as Chaze may not be top 10 meta, I think Chaze will get me to consistently break into the top 100 on my shard. My Wiggs/ 6* R2 / ZKylo / STH has me hovering around the 100 mark. zKylo really needs a speed arrow to shine, I think, but almost two weeks in of devoting my cantina energy to mods and I haven't gotten a one.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

As much as Chaze may not be top 10 meta, I think Chaze will get me to consistently break into the top 100 on my shard. My Wiggs/ 6* R2 / ZKylo / STH has me hovering around the 100 mark. zKylo really needs a speed arrow to shine, I think, but almost two weeks in of devoting my cantina energy to mods and I haven't gotten a one.

Oh, most definitely.

The goal isn't top 10, it's top 50 then 20. Top 10 is cherry as gently caress and dominated by P2Win players with god mods or those who lucked out on F2P shard partners.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Our damage on the tank is definitely going up. We are killing it faster and faster each time. From 6 days when I joined down to 3ish

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Why would a G1 sacrificial Old Ben not work? Like minimum health, no mods. Just exist to get murdered on the first aoe.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

UmOk posted:

Why would a G1 sacrificial Old Ben not work? Like minimum health, no mods. Just exist to get murdered on the first aoe.

It works fine, but the buffs aren't worth losing a squad member for. Especially when they get dispelled.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Looks like Luke is the login character this month. All the smart people who haven't seven starred him better get to work if they want Commander Luke.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Canemacar posted:

Looks like Luke is the login character this month. All the smart people who haven't seven starred him better get to work if they want Commander Luke.

Hey mother fucker.

It was a tossup back in the day! God damnit, I'm so stupid for maxing Luke over Geo Soldier... :smith:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Canemacar posted:

I hate having to waste time and crystals gearing up a lovely character to get a good one. At least whiny, poorly dressed Luke, is heading to 5 stars.

MonikaTSarn
May 23, 2005

CaptainPsyko posted:

The real meta is actually just Nihlius/GK/Thrawn tbqh - there are more configurations than the rex led one. (Even more so, if you distill it, the meta is Thrawn to disable a tank, DN to kill things, and as many tanks or cleansers or other kinds of protection as you can pile on to hide Nihlius from CC and get your annihilate off first. Do that and you win. GK just happens to be the best tank in the game, and Rex is a cheatcode for making your whole team operate at the speed of Thrawn.)

GK is actually quite important, he's not just any tank. With his retribution buff and his assist call, he can get Nihilus to use his basic attack twice, refreshing drain force. If things run perfect, he might be able to annihilate on his third turn.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Hey mother fucker.

It was a tossup back in the day! God damnit, I'm so stupid for maxing Luke over Geo Soldier... :smith:

I at least got the chance to see the meta switch before I got too invested in Luke. RIP Phasma/Rey/GS/QGJ/RG squad. I did have to 7* Luke for the Emp event, though, so at least I didn't waste that time.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Daring droid is back on the 3rd

pantsfree
Oct 22, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Daring droid is back on the 3rd

Weird. Not showing in game. Bit more warning would have been nice. That same post also says yoda is starting on the 17th, which doesn't line up with the in game countdown either.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Cactus, you got room in Roccinate?

From days ago, but yes.

E: just had a look, 2 spots are currently empty so add me on 561-766-648 anyone that wants in.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 2, 2017

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
You know what would be fun? If Commander Luke unlocked at the same gear level and star level as your current farmboy Luke. Almost sure it'll be a fresh grind ala Fulcrum but a nerd can dream

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

BobTheDestroyer posted:

You know what would be fun? If Commander Luke unlocked at the same gear level and star level as your current farmboy Luke. Almost sure it'll be a fresh grind ala Fulcrum but a nerd can dream

There's no way that will be the case. Just look at Fulcrum, like you said, but also Han, Palpatine, and a number of other cases where a new versions of old characters were introduced.

I mean, it would be a funny way to reward those of us who actually leveled and geared up that rear end in a top hat, but no way.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Doin it right now. Levelled Luke to 85 and am getting him to at least g10 and all abilities omegad. If this doesn't pay off my chances of falling away from the game as a result are quite high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cactus posted:

Doin it right now. Levelled Luke to 85 and am getting him to at least g10 and all abilities omegad. If this doesn't pay off my chances of falling away from the game as a result are quite high.

You should probably just hold on to the mats until we know one way or the other to avoid this sort of crushing disappointment.

It's not like there's a cooldown on leveling up characters.