Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Yeah I should clarify, we'll help you power-level or do seasonal stuff but I don't think we have much in the way of high level rifters. At least not yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Yeah, I'm just looking for help to get a seasonal challenge under my belt.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Oh my beautiful Upper Realm of Cursed Fate, what have they done to you???

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So do the seasonal rewards give me anything else besides increasingly golden portraits?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Nuebot posted:

So do the seasonal rewards give me anything else besides increasingly golden portraits?

Leaderboard glory BABY

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Nuebot posted:

An additional stash tab that is persistent after the season. You can collect up to 4 extra tabs over the course of 4 seasons, for a total of 12 with the necromancer tabs.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
Woo! My first ever primal is not useless:

And no, Kadala, you cannot have it back.

Haven't done anything with Trag'Oul set yet though, so have no idea what it's good for apart from long cooldown uber-GR pushing build I'm not really into.

Can I use Trag'Ouls for anything decent with skelly mages (and re-roll vit -> crit), or is that a non-starter?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
There is a Trag'Oul pet build that's supposedly quite all right. Personally I'd probably re-roll the skill bonus to critical chance, though.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Is anyone else unable to access the season journey and community chat?

edit: Wait, they broke it? It must be fate.

George fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Aug 1, 2017

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, I'm just looking for help to get a seasonal challenge under my belt.

Not sure what your bnet name is but once they fix communities just ask in chat during any night. Always ppl able to carry.

Also not sure what step you are on. T13 in 5 min isn't listed on the challenges?

edit: nvm you are trying to get your stash tab. One trick is to use nemsis bracers to spawn extra elites for globes if you are trying while you wait for communities to get back up.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MMAgCh posted:

There is a Trag'Oul pet build that's supposedly quite all right. Personally I'd probably re-roll the skill bonus to critical chance, though.

Primal Blackthorne's. Suck it, nerd. :smug:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

One day I will get a Manald Heal. :(

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Apparently there's weird stuff going on like the vault not working and not letting you TP out?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Suspicious posted:

Apparently there's weird stuff going on like the vault not working and not letting you TP out?

I've been getting a lot of weird lag spikes and ran into a bug where my revive menu just vanished after dying. Is the game dying?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
So apparently if you're on the first page of the grift leaderboards you get a poo poo ton of invites to elite bounty and grift pushing parties :agesilaus:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

So apparently if you're on the first page of the grift leaderboards you get a poo poo ton of invites to elite bounty and grift pushing parties :agesilaus:

So how bad is destiny 2?

EDIT: Holy gently caress my last five Greater Rifts have been awful. Two of them had multiple swarms of duplicating mortar guys right at the entrance. One of them was just a non-stop parade of ice porcupine and the last two were just filled with narrow paths and guys who exploded into poison ensuring there was no way around it.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Aug 1, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kyrosiris posted:

One day I will get a Manald Heal. :(

Got one today, immediately shot up 10 grift levels. Holy poo poo this thing is awesome. :supaburn:

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Sounds like the Upper Realm goblin spot got hotfixed during all that clan/community crashing yesterday (or probably caused it). People are reporting not finding goblins there at all (on PC, console still finds them nearly every other run). Cannot confirm myself as I won't be on for several hours, but I would not be surprised if they did.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

xiansi posted:

Haven't done anything with Trag'Oul set yet though, so have no idea what it's good for apart from long cooldown uber-GR pushing build I'm not really into.

Can I use Trag'Ouls for anything decent with skelly mages (and re-roll vit -> crit), or is that a non-starter?

Keep Skelly Mages and roll crit onto that helm, you now have a perfect hat for Trag w/ pets build.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice

xiansi posted:

T'G Blood Mages is a thing by using the rune that makes summoning the mages cost health instead of essence which allows them to benefit from the T'G 6pc bonus. Its a pretty good build but having said that, I'd reroll the +SM skill to CHC so you could use it with the Corpse Lancer build if you decide to go that route.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

You can always find other ancients and pretty good Trag'oul helms, but this is your chance to have one perfect item for a particular build and therefore you should roll for that over trying to make it a generic headpiece.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

So I tried Trang pets last night and I have everything but the belt, I fell over dead quite a lot. Does the belt make a big difference or am I doing something wrong here

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Drythe posted:

So I tried Trang pets last night and I have everything but the belt, I fell over dead quite a lot. Does the belt make a big difference or am I doing something wrong here

The belt gives you 25% more life so it is pretty important for survival, although I suppose you could also do something like Avarice + Goldwrap combo for speedfarming. Trag'pets doesn't use Decrepify so you rely on your gigundo health pool to stay alive, with all buffs up mine tops out around ~3mil or so. Gem for life % in helm, life % rolls on gear, and use MWG as your mitigation gem.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Nuebot posted:

I've been getting a lot of weird lag spikes and ran into a bug where my revive menu just vanished after dying. Is the game dying?

I've noticed way more issues with the game since last season. Had it completely crash a couple times and the hitching/lag spikes are back again.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
A lot more general weirdness on console too. Lag seems worse and there's now a cute gray screen bug that prevents any controller input forcing you to hard quit the game.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Build X without Piece Y is not Build X

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Build X without Piece Y is not Build X

Yes, there is no variation on any build full stop. You'll note that very few actual builds exist on Icy Veins, as they have a habit of naming alternate gear, and that clearly is not possible.

Signed,

The 5,678th Barbarian on the Seasonal Ladder

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

I ride bikes all day posted:

Yes, there is no variation on any build full stop. You'll note that very few actual builds exist on Icy Veins, as they have a habit of naming alternate gear, and that clearly is not possible.

Signed,

The 5,678th Barbarian on the Seasonal Ladder

There's a huge difference between "I'm running a build variant" and "I don't have a piece."

If someone isn't running a "Meta Approved" piece but has thoughtfully subbed in a synergistic piece, that's good (I don't run the exact icy impale build and I'm doing juuuussst fine).

If you're running some build you looked up and literally are wearing some random legendary belt because you don't have anything good, your build will suck and either feel week or squishy.

Running a super squishy necro build without running the key survivability piece is not a good way to get a feel for the build, just imho.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
water wet, sky blue, put on dat dayntee's binding foo

edit:

Signed,

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Wait how did you get those icons? For some reason it's bringing back memories, like how far we've come since the RMAH and getting pasted by flies in Act II on Inferno.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Those are just console icons.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There's a huge difference between "I'm running a build variant" and "I don't have a piece."

If someone isn't running a "Meta Approved" piece but has thoughtfully subbed in a synergistic piece, that's good (I don't run the exact icy impale build and I'm doing juuuussst fine).

If you're running some build you looked up and literally are wearing some random legendary belt because you don't have anything good, your build will suck and either feel week or squishy.

Running a super squishy necro build without running the key survivability piece is not a good way to get a feel for the build, just imho.

I run that build without the belt and do pretty fine. You need a nap I think

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Rufio posted:

He's talking to the dude saying "I'm running the build without the belt and not doing fine. What can I do to improve?"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Admittedly it's not very helpful when people post "please help me live" and don't post a link or anything since dying to the Diablomans can be due to any number of reasons beyond just one piece of gear.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
A lot of people post "I'm running the build without [crucial piece] and not impressed with it."

I think they're just asking, "is it worth my time to track down [crucial piece] because I'm not impressed with the quasi build and it better be a huge jump in power"

The answer is basically always yes.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah helltooth isnt as impressive as it was on lower torments, what 1-handed weapon should I use with Zunimassa's set? I'm thinking the one that makes the fetishes closest to me blow darts when I do

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rufio posted:

Congrats dude, I'm happy for you

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

spit on my clit posted:

what 1-handed weapon should I use with Zunimassa's set? I'm thinking the one that makes the fetishes closest to me blow darts when I do

Darts? Who uses darts? Spiders is where it's at.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Left Ventricle posted:

Darts? Who uses darts? Spiders is where it's at.

Good point, but I'd like to throw frogs around, too. I also need to think of a good mana spender to go along with piranhas, i'm thinking locust swarm, but it'd require me to get in an enemy's face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

spit on my clit posted:

yeah helltooth isnt as impressive as it was on lower torments, what 1-handed weapon should I use with Zunimassa's set? I'm thinking the one that makes the fetishes closest to me blow darts when I do

Helltooth pets looses steam around Gr70 and spend more time babysitting your idiot pets then killing what needs to be deaded.

You're thinking of Dagger of Darts and the Zuni Dagger of Darts build on IV is actually pretty fun. Maybe a bit more oomph than HT Garg if only because you can direct your DPS a lot better.