Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Yeah Clay Travis and Jason Whitlock aren't all that important, and their rhetoric/efforts don't matter. The fanbases don't actually listen to them, and their talk doesn't end up in the football zeitgeist

I will add another protest vote for Jason Whitlock in memory of Clay Travis's unfortunate exit in favor of a relatively milquetoast douche.

I mean, hell, Jason deserves to not have this be a complete blowout anyway. The man puts in a lot of work douching around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Spanos

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

gently caress the Spanos Family for moving my favorite team to 5 miles away from my office. You fuckers are the reason I will have to put up with Olympics traffic in 10 years.

Plus, the whole forcing Philip Rivers to drive HIMSELF 4 hours a day back and forth to work. Seriously, you assholes couldn't spring for at least a driver? The loving Lakers gave Kobe a helicopter and his commute was just Orange County to El Segundo.

The Spanos' are a low rent version of Kroenke, I expect that sometime in the next year they'll be petitioning the San Diego city council for tax credits for a COMMERCIAL-RESIDENTIAL development in San Diego after claiming the city was dog poo poo they wouldn't scrape off on the lowliest plebe, they had to save that for LA.

gently caress the Spanos family.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Spanos family for all the bullshit other people already listed in better detail.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This isn't a vote, but it's topical.

https://twitter.com/SFY/status/892194357574369280

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

yeah all black people look alike, jason whitlock

anyway Dean Spanos and family wins, crushing jason whitlock 46-9.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 1, 2017

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
The Spanos Family are the least likeable of all the owners that moved their teams and that's saying something.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright folks, this is it: the final matchup for the 2017 Ben Roethlisberger Football Douchebag of the Year! In the least climactic final possible, we have first seeded candidate Dean Spanos and his terrible family, vs. second seeded candidate New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. Much like the entire NBA season, we have frittered away our valuable time inexorably closing in on a foregone conclusion as the two dominating juggernauts of the contest crushed all opposition.

There was an exciting moment or two in there, though, right? Clay Travis genuinely gave Tom Brady a run for his money, and Frank Clark actually put up a fight too. But much like the Cleveland Cavaliers, Tom Brady's performance to make it this far is meaningless against the superstar, right?

So here we go: please register your votes for Douchebag of the Year. A few token votes for Brady will help make it feel less like I wasted two months doing this, thanks!

Dean Spanos and his family vs. Tom Brady. Go!

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Unlike Dean Spanos, who is a loosah much like his team, Tahm is a winnah and clutch and the goat and deserves to win this competition and will do anything to win, including sacrificing his salary* in the Blitz for Six!

Tom Brady

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Epi Lepi posted:

The Spanos Family are the least likeable of all the owners that moved their teams and that's saying something.

I meant this for the final round but jumped the gun a little I guess.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

I meant this for the final round but jumped the gun a little I guess.

Sure, no problem, I've counted it as being for this round.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

So get a witch's shawl on

A broomstick you can crawl on

We're gonna pay a call on

The Spanos Family!

dun dun dun dun *snap snap*

Technically these lyrics don't include a reasoning, so I will say it is for their crime of loving over the nice San Diego fans. Owner scum.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tom Brady belongs in the DHoF. So do the Spanos family, really.

But The Spanos Family is the epitome of everything wrong with NFL owners. Moving a team is the highest dick move to your fans you can do

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tom brady for being very extremely good at football. i can't even stand it!

love,
me

spanos is far worse but the finals shouldn't be sad

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 1, 2017

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
The Spanos Bunch. This isn't even just on Dean because his sons carried water for him, even when it wasn't in their best interests, purely because Dean is always right.

This feels like a broken record at this point, but it's worth laying it all out again:

-Kroenke was basically a lock to go to LA. He had the land, the money, and the fanbase.
-Spanos somehow thought that there was enough of a Chargers fanbase in LA (there isnt) that this was a direct threat to him.
-Spanos threatened SD with a relocation if he couldnt get a downtown stadium funded by taxpayers. The city and its people called his bluff for many good reasons.
-Spanos cried foul because PetCo Park was downtowb and Qualcomm wasnt. Keep in mind PetCo moved 15 years ago and was part of a rehab of the lovely east part of downtown. No one was moved by his complaint.
-SD and NFL offered Spanos HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS to completely renovate Qualcomm. Spanos refused because he would have to pay a pittance for his own stadium.
-Spanos tries to tie his new stadium idea to the Convention Center expansion referandum even though SDCC wants no part. Spanos says he is more deserving of land that is already tabbed for the port and rail lines. Spanos says that his new stadium trumps historic buildings like the Wonderbread building and that he should be able to claim eminent domain over the parking structures near PetCo. No one agrees and his vote is shot down.
-Chargers players all tell the ownership that they want to stay in SD. Franchise QB and captain Phillip Rivers, in his single act of lucidity over the last few years, says he is hesitant to relocate, which is a big red flag! Spanos ignores em all.
-Spanos decides that his best recourse is to attempt a move to LA to compete with the Rams. In order to do this, Spanos agrees to team up and move in with his teams most bitter rivals, the Raiders. Keep in mind that absolutely no one in LA wants the Chargers, whereas the Raiders and Rams both have fanbases established.
-The owners tell Spanos to work with SD, offer him even more millions to stay, approve the Rams move. Spanos ignores this.
-Spanos cries, literally, at the NFL Owners meeting because he thinks paying a dime for anything in SD will bankrupt him. Owners say he can rent from Kroenke at the expense of parking fees, concessions, advertising, etc, all of which is financially burdensome to Spanos.
-Spanos decides that he will take up the offer to rent from Kroenke, leaves something like $600m of house money on the table, and pays $500m plus moving fees plus rebranding plus etc etc JUST TO SAY HE WON THE RELOCATION BID. SD fans burn jerseys in response. Spanos and his sons claim everyone is happy for them.
-Spanos agrees to play the intermediary seasons at StubHub Field, a soccer venue where seating is a fraction of what Qualcomm offered, all because the LA Galaxy were able to make a quick buck. The drastic drop in ticket sales and parking revenue cripple the Chargers in FA. Spanos ignores this because he has a new team.
-Meanwhile, Spanos and his ilk have been trashing SD, its people, the mayor, the council for not dealing in good faith. Everyone points out he was offered free money to stay, a 100 year leasw at tge Q for $1/yr, and even free concept art that included some rear end in a top hat surfing in the fountain. Spanos ignores this.
-Spanos sucks LA's dick for a fanbase. It backfires and everyone mocks his bew branding, ad campaign, interim field, and deal with Kroenke. Spanos ingores it.
-All the while, Spanos and Co are so focused on the relocation that their dealings with rookies and FA is a sham. They try to lowball their first round pick at the same time its announced that they spent his annual salary mocking up a logo that is literally the Dodgers logo with a tail on the end.
-LaDanian Tomlinson, the best RB in Chargers histort and probably only good Charger ever, gets accepted to the HoF. He asks if he can be inducted as a SAN DIEGO Charger rather than an LA one, and Spanos balks. This next part is out of the timeframe for this competition, bit it recently came out that the Chargers wont allow Rivers or Gates to attend LT's induction to the HoF "for the good of the team."

And that's just the easy stuff. My friend goes to church with Rivers' family and heard that when Phillip invited Spanos, Spanos made a big scene about how he was above it. Nothing like belittling the one thing your QB cares about in this worls more than popping out children and drinking Sweet Tea in a Caldera Spa!

Dean Spanos is a bully who plays the victim card. He can never be wrong, he can never seem like he is coming out on top, he can never look like the greedy rear end that he is. He has surrounded himself by yesmen and children that wouldnt dare risk having a Tom Benson get pulled on them. Spanos thinks he earned his money (he didnt) and that everyone else, EVERYONE, is a mooch who is using him.

gently caress Dean Spanos. He is your DotY 2017. Tom Brady is just an autistic kid who can throw a ball and milk his mongoloid fanbase for a few multivatimins. Compared to Spanos, Brady hasnt really hurt anyone.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Edit:

Spanos Because he's moving his team to where, at best, they'll be the fifth most popular football team, sixth most popular if you're an immigrant who hasn't gotten used to the word "soccer" yet.

Tom Brady, because of several posts after this one, I think I just originally voted against him because I didn't want him to win something else. gently caress the owners but gently caress the guy in the union who sides with the owners even more.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 2, 2017

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Spanos by miles.

Brady might beat your team while being smug and shady and insufferable. He is hateable as hell. I get that.

But Spanos stole an entire team from its fans forever out of pure spite, even though the NFL offered a trainload of free cash to stay. He's not even getting some great deal in return like Davis, he's just being a poo poo to a city for its own sake.

He's a worse Art Modell, who is a douche Hall of Famer. As an owner he is more destructive than any player can be, and he's maybe the worst owner in a generation - at least Washington's team is, you know, still there.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 1, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'd like to nominate the Davis Family for Douche Hall of Fame for the following reason: A constant circus act of threatening moves when the stadium they're in becomes "out of date" (ok, to be fair, their current stadium is), and when the locals call their bluff on needing public financing, they whine, go to a different city, and ask them to shell out big dough to build them a modern stadium. Look forward to the Salt Lake City Raiders in 15-20 years.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

In America, do we condemn General Clinton or do we condemn Benedict Arnold? Do the Norwegians scorn Falkenhorst over Quisling? Do we not loathe Judas Iscariot more than the Sanhedrin?

The Spanos family has lied to, cheated and exploited the good people of San Diego so they can add more to their millions. Such is the way of owners. But to expect different is folly.

Tom Brady has won the Super Bowl five times. Tom Brady is the most popular player in the NFL. Tom Brady knows what it's like to come from nothing and achieve everything. If any player in the NFL had the power to break the wicked wheel of ownership and exploitation, it would be Tom Brady.

But instead, Tom Brady suckles at the teat of ownership like Salacious B. Crumb. Tom Brady throws his fellow union members under the bus in favor of fascists like Bill Belichick and Bob Kraft. Tom Brady subverts the salary cap — already a tool of wage suppression — by taking money under the table for him and his snake-oil-peddling hanger-on. Tom Brady spreads quack medicine himself. Tom Brady calls his own wife a liar so he can protect Roger Goodell, and doesn't even have the decency to do it himself. Tom Brady supports a delusional, traitorous, racist rapist but is too cowardly to admit it. Tom Brady thus supports the persecution and deportation of fellow union members on the basis of religion. Tom Brady even betrays his own fans by stealing from a worthy charity for his personal benefit. Tom Brady is a cheater who got away with it.

Dante knew what he was doing when he made treason the lowest circle of hell. Tom Brady has betrayed humanity. History will revile Tom Brady the way it should revile Robert E. Lee, as a man who had the power to do right, but chose evil instead. Tom Brady is the rightful champion of this douche tournament.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Spanos family not just for the reasons Zurreco outlined, but also because the will be richly rewarded for their douchebaggery. For some reason, financial people think that moving to LA where they have no fanbase or stadium, will DOUBLE the value of the team.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Clan Spanos. Complaining about the costs of keeping a team in a city, then turning down money and spending even more of your own to move is a supreme douche move. We can hope the lack of fan base and playing in the MLS stadium will have some impact on the family, but the sad truth is because of financial memes they will only come out ahead in the move to LA.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I vote Tom Brady for basically being the enabler to Pats' fans persecution complex, as he loves to play the victim himself. Also, the fucker screws with parity with his under the table deal. Spanos represents the shittiest of NFL owners, but Brady represents the worst of the NFL.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Tom Brady is a HOF candidate and will keep whining in future years, but I really don't think he's done that much this year.

Clan Spanos both had an excellent year of douchery (see Zurreco's effortpost) and will (hopefully) not be back next year, much like Kroenke this year.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

iospace posted:

I'd like to nominate the Davis Family for Douche Hall of Fame

Duly noted.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Spanos it's so awful that even the other owners think he's a douchebag.

A club that has Robert Kraft Jerry Richardson Mike Brown Dan Snyder and Woody Johnson thought Spanos was going over the line.

It's like being the guy on death row that all the other inmates say is hosed up.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Spanos

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Leperflesh posted:

Duly noted.

I have no idea if you want seconds for that, but if so, I second that.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
I wish I could find the news bit that said Stan Kroenke was offering to front several hundred million extra into the deal for Spanos to keep the Chargers in San Diego. I never found out if that story was ever verified or corroborated, but it sounds like a thing Kroenke would've done just to keep the fuckwit Spanos family out of LA.

There is a chance, though I've never been able to back that up, that Dean Spanos walked away from a fully-funded stadium in Mission Valley.

He has pissed away so much of his rear end in a top hat father's fortune that he does not know what to do with actual money when it's presented to him. He doesn't know how to close a deal that has been gifted to him. He only knows how to be a bottom bitch in the world of billionaires. And that is where he will stay.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Looks like this is over. By my estimation, the Spanos Fam are up 28-3... wait a second... 28-3? It's serendipity. Do you know who was also down 28-3? It was in all the papers.

Thomas "Never Count Out Motherfucking "Touchdown Mother "loving" loving Tom" Tom" Brady".

All you fans out there, you know you loving hate him. He's the biggest douche in the universe because his life is perfect and filled with endless undeserved adulation and supermodels and success and your empty life is filled with envy and failure and microwave dinners and kidney stones. You hate that by sheer cosmic mishap, two of the cruelest most wretched people who deserve nothing but scorn found each other to fusion dance their douchiness into a team at exactly the right time for Mo Lewis to deliver multiple championships on a punctured lung to sour, bitter, most likely racist fans.

Everything that he does, people forgive. Cheating? Whining? Supporting Trump? Stealing from kids? Selling quack medical treatments? Undermining his fellow players' attempt to get paid? Remember that loving long hair from a few years ago? It might not be so bad if he regretted some of it, but he doesn't have a remorseful bone in his body. He did have a remorseful bone in Bridget Moynahan: how very loving Christian of you. Goddamn, what a huge douche.

He is partially responsible for Boston being called Title Town. That's omega-level douche right there, just for contributing. He's so douchey, he recorded a commercial for some drat thing that involved his 5th super bowl ring... in September before he even stepped on the field.

I know there are tons of AFC East posters in here. Bills fans and Phins fans. Probably not Jets fans, but maybe? A vote for Tom Brady is a vote for an end to your multi-decade suffering. If he were never born, all your rear end in a top hat townie chucklefuck friends would be cowed into silence by your Dan Marino stories and tales of Broadway Joe... well, probably not Broadway Joe, but you get the idea.

Clap if you believe in Tom Brady, and believe he's a huge douche. You can save him, bring him back to life and he can win this contest. But only if you believe in him. Miracles can happen.

No matter what happens, no matter what they say, never ever count out Touchdown Tom.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Magnetic North posted:

Looks like this is over. By my estimation, the Spanos Fam are up 28-3... wait a second... 28-3? It's serendipity. Do you know who was also down 28-3? It was in all the papers.

Thomas "Never Count Out Motherfucking "Touchdown Mother "loving" loving Tom" Tom" Brady".

All you fans out there, you know you loving hate him. He's the biggest douche in the universe because his life is perfect and filled with endless undeserved adulation and supermodels and success and your empty life is filled with envy and failure and microwave dinners and kidney stones. You hate that by sheer cosmic mishap, two of the cruelest most wretched people who deserve nothing but scorn found each other to fusion dance their douchiness into a team at exactly the right time for Mo Lewis to deliver multiple championships on a punctured lung to sour, bitter, most likely racist fans.

Everything that he does, people forgive. Cheating? Whining? Supporting Trump? Stealing from kids? Selling quack medical treatments? Undermining his fellow players' attempt to get paid? Remember that loving long hair from a few years ago? It might not be so bad if he regretted some of it, but he doesn't have a remorseful bone in his body. He did have a remorseful bone in Bridget Moynahan: how very loving Christian of you. Goddamn, what a huge douche.

He is partially responsible for Boston being called Title Town. That's omega-level douche right there, just for contributing. He's so douchey, he recorded a commercial for some drat thing that involved his 5th super bowl ring... in September before he even stepped on the field.

I know there are tons of AFC East posters in here. Bills fans and Phins fans. Probably not Jets fans, but maybe? A vote for Tom Brady is a vote for an end to your multi-decade suffering. If he were never born, all your rear end in a top hat townie chucklefuck friends would be cowed into silence by your Dan Marino stories and tales of Broadway Joe... well, probably not Broadway Joe, but you get the idea.

Clap if you believe in Tom Brady, and believe he's a huge douche. You can save him, bring him back to life and he can win this contest. But only if you believe in him. Miracles can happen.

No matter what happens, no matter what they say, never ever count out Touchdown Tom.

I wanna change my vote to Tom Brady, I'm gonna go back and edit my vote..

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's Spanos though...

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Magnetic North posted:

He did have a remorseful bone in Bridget Moynahan
lol

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Magnetic North posted:

Tom Brady because of this post and Tom Brady's whiny, cheating, entitled attitude.

Peachfart fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 2, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It was actually closer than he thought, and now moreso. Current tally after accounting for Skwirl's switch is Spanos + Fam 31 to Brady 21.

Also,

King Hong Kong posted:

I have no idea if you want seconds for that, but if so, I second that.

Yes, seconds matter! I've marked you down.
These are the current nominees, by the way:
Darren Rovell
Cavauro
Colin Cowherd
Mark Emmert
Penn State Fans
Jamie Horowitz
Skip Bayless
Jed York
Donald Trump
Chargers Front Office
Bill Belichick
Dean Spanos and fam
Florida State University

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Spanos Family

gently caress giving Tom Brady another accolade.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Spanos family for standing out as douchebags even among owners who move their teams.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I was on the fence for this one, but Magnetic North and Shangri-Law School have shown me the way. The Spanos family seem like the type of people that would get a game winning interception, try to run it back for a touchdown, fumble it and have the victory of worlds greatest douche slip pathetically away. But we're in the championship round, where the greatest douches rise to the occasion.

Because while the Spanos are vile, unrepentant assholes, Tom Brady is a scab. He's the type of man who would sell out his fellow man to perpetuate an oppressive system. He doesn't even have the courage to speak out about concussions, he hides behind his wife's skirts.

If there is one championship Tom Brady has worked his entire life towards, it is douchebag of the year.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

House Spanos is a clan of whiny baby back schoolboy bitches who literally everybody on Earth hates. He instantly made San Diego the most depressing sports city in America merely by his presence.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Tom Brady is the epitome of douche. He's a swindler, a cheater, and one of the biggest crybabies in the NFL. He plays dumb with everything outside of football (Trump's just his friend OKAY?!?!?!) and for some reason people believe him and excuse his douchebag tendencies because of it. He has almost single-handedly given Boston it's persecution complex. God help you if you make the slightest critical remark on social media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Hot Diggity! posted:

Tom Brady is the epitome of douche. He's a swindler, a cheater, and one of the biggest crybabies in the NFL. He plays dumb with everything outside of football (Trump's just his friend OKAY?!?!?!) and for some reason people believe him and excuse his douchebag tendencies because of it. He has almost single-handedly given Boston it's persecution complex. God help you if you make the slightest critical remark on social media.

Boston sports fandom has always been an atrocity across all sports forever. Racist Celtics fans openly hated Bill Russell even as he got them titles as a player AND coach. Red Sox fans were always the biggest crybaby prima donnas. Larry Bird was basically a repurposed serial killer as a human being and was their ultimate hero. The list goes on.

• Locked thread