Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Oath Complete

First off is the Storm Golem. This was my first time trying a "lightning" effect and I think it came out kind of meh. Oh well. Here's what the factory paint job looks like.

Painting the mages was a lot of fun, although I don't think I sold the blood effect on the blood guy that well. The other two were my first tries at OSL.

I forgot to oath the rest of the Ironsides box, but here it is if anyone is interested. Claiming Time To Shine for the shiny robut and OSL on the mages. Also claiming The Daily Double for the floating mage. He meets A Flying Start and Free(hand) as a bird for the magic runes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I, Thundercloud, having left it incredibly late this month, oath a Deathguard Noxious Blightbringer by Games Workshop.

Well I've left this incredibly late. Lets see how much I get done tomorrow.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETED

The Guild Ball dudes

And the scratch built Loronar E-9 Explorer for our Star Wars campaign, because I am a huge nerd.

Not claiming any special achievements. Just glad I got them done.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these things for July

This heavily customized Star Wars ship (from FFG's X-Wing)

Smoke, regular Midas (not the limited edition one I did last month) and Mercury from Steamforged's Guild Ball game (30mm)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

OATH COMPLETE!

bumblebigs

castillian

neophytes

Claiming Time to Shine for the lenses on the scout pistol sights, those came out much better than I thought they would.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Journal for the super-shiny yellow bike. I've had the stuff for this conversion sitting around for a year now, so I'm glad I finally got her put together.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
I adhuin OATH these 5 Mansions of Madness investigators for the month of JULY

The stars have aligned and Aldebaran moves in the sky! I still have time to complete this challenge and save the world paint these guys.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete!

The theme is the shiny helmet and axe blade I gave to the Huscarl on the right.

Bad picture quality, since it's pretty late here and I should go to sleep, but I wanted to finish these guys and not take the risk of trying to get them done in the morning. I'll later go back and give the standard bearer... well, a standard to bear. But for now he''ll just have to settle for waving a big pole around.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

OATH COMPLETE

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
OATH COMPLETE

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete. Claiming challenge. Names on both, just a touch hard to see.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Oath Complete!

Not my fanciest work since I was in a bit of a hurry this month, but still, good to have another model done. Anywho, claiming Jurnal for the shiny horns. A bit hard to see in the photo, but they're done up with some heavy highlights, and gloss varnish!

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Chiwie posted:

I, Chiwie, oath 5 1/100 scale plastic Battlefront Chieftain Mk5s in 1/100 scale for July.

Oath complete.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath Complete!

High Functionary, with a shiny thing for the month's theme

Warrior, Herald, Knight, and Assassin

Hollows

The Dancer

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Oath Complete!

For the Time to Shine monthly challenge, I went with a very shiny sphere and amulet for the halfling wizard:

These were done by means of a Molotow Liquid Chrome Marker, applied on the ball and the necklace by pumping some of the chrome ink out and then using a brush. It's not photographing very well on the orb, but in real life it's very shiny. The amulet shows it off better; this was painted with the chrome ink and then covered with a glaze of GW Waystone Green gemstone paint.
There's also meant to be a bit of contrast between the "old" and "young" giants; the grey-bearded one has significantly older gear, shown by applying some Nihilakh Oxide to the copper bits. The red-bearded giant's weapons and armor are much newer and shinier, as is the ring on his right hand.

(holy crap, I need to dust more often.)

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete!

Group shot

Hordelings, led a horrific blue one.

Eldritch Demon

Some demonic armour, a cthulu familiar and an ethereal filcher

An ethereal filcher, known for teleporting through doorways

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for July 2017 a Hasselfree Miniatures 28mm Tomoko.

Oath Complete!

I was aiming for A Faithful Replica of The Major from SAC (naturally), but I'm not sure it's a perfect match. I'll leave it up to the judges whether this qualifies.
Reference image:

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Oath Complete! I, Thundercloud, actually finished this right quick. No base yet, but still thinking about a basing scheme for my Deathguard.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
OATH COMPLETE

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, do oath to paint this Warhammer Quest Pit Fighter

OATH COMPLETE

Annoyingly I didn't have enough time over the weekend to finish this as much as I wanted, so wasn't able to brighten up the metal and give it a gloss varnish. So I'm guessing I can't claim the monthyl theme ;)

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
20 minutes to go, I'm not finished. I hosed up, dudes, I hosed up. Well, better luck next time (in 17 minutes).

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:cheerdoge: OATH COMPLETE :cheerdoge:

Claiming time to shine on the hoses on the drills and iron ancestor that I painted with a new bottle of the magical Vallejo Metal Color, and the green laser tips done with badger ghost tints. The whole things are still glossy really, because the gloss coat is still tacky 30 hours later due to the weather, but those bits will stay shiny once the matt coat goes on the reds and browns.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete

These lovely chaps have plenty of gloss-varnished pustules for the shiny challenge

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

And we're finished for July - onwards to August! (I'll update the spreadsheet etc. this evening)

quote:

August - Feeling the heat
Add some fire to your model - this could be a fire elemental or a burning torch, or even a special effect like a fireball or plasma blast. Maybe use some OSL to really make your model pop! You don’t have to feature actual fire so long as it’s obvious something hot or bright is about, so a lava base or searing bright spotlight works.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in the august month of... August

27 Forge Guard by Mantic (28mm)

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for August

3 Kukulkani Warriors and 2 Kaachika from CMON, along with a Scibor(?) die holder dude I won from an Oath thread long past.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Oath Complete!

For the Time to Shine monthly challenge, I went with a very shiny sphere and amulet for the halfling wizard:

These were done by means of a Molotow Liquid Chrome Marker, applied on the ball and the necklace by pumping some of the chrome ink out and then using a brush. It's not photographing very well on the orb, but in real life it's very shiny. The amulet shows it off better; this was painted with the chrome ink and then covered with a glaze of GW Waystone Green gemstone paint.
There's also meant to be a bit of contrast between the "old" and "young" giants; the grey-bearded one has significantly older gear, shown by applying some Nihilakh Oxide to the copper bits. The red-bearded giant's weapons and armor are much newer and shinier, as is the ring on his right hand.

(holy crap, I need to dust more often.)

What was your process for painting the horns on the helmets? Also your beards.

TIA

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, having left it incredibly late this month, oath a Deathguard Noxious Blightbringer by Games Workshop.

Well I've left this incredibly late. Lets see how much I get done tomorrow.

adhuin posted:

I adhuin OATH these 5 Mansions of Madness investigators for the month of JULY

The stars have aligned and Aldebaran moves in the sky! I still have time to complete this challenge and save the world paint these guys.

Approved for July!

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in the august month of... August

27 Forge Guard by Mantic (28mm)

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for August

3 Kukulkani Warriors and 2 Kaachika from CMON, along with a Scibor(?) die holder dude I won from an Oath thread long past.

Approved for August!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of August; The Joker, Harley Quinn, The Goathead Priest, The Grin Twins and two Joker Gas Canisters.

Please note that I have taken advantage of the 'bases are not counted as part of the oath' bit of the rules to start on bases. I would like to try and get a couple of these done by Saturday for a tournament, so please excuse the shameful assumption!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Indolent Bastard posted:

What was your process for painting the horns on the helmets? Also your beards.

TIA

Happy to oblige, but I don't want to clog up the Oath Thread when people are oathing. Follow me to the painting thread!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705692&pagenumber=369#post474948319

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of August: From Hawk Wargames: 1 Seattle Cruiser, 3 New Orleans Class Strike Cruisers, 1 Princess Class Passenger Liner, and 6 cluster makers (2 industrial, 2 military, two commercial). I also Oath from Steamforge Games from the Dark Souls Boardgame: 1 Knight, 1 Herald, and 3 Silver Knight Greatbows.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

I, adhuin, Oath for the month of August, 1 Dragon from Reapers Bones-line.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I, Lord_Hambrose, do Oath Angron, The Red Angel. 28mm Games Workshop/Forgeworld.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Jumping from Gods Own Scale to skirmish game level,
I, Grey Hunter Do solemnly oath - Chewbacca, Han Solo, Boba Fett, IG-88, 1 AT-ST, 2 Nexu, 3 Rebel Troopers, 4 Royal Guardsmen and 4 Trandoshan Bounty Hunters. - all 28mm By Fantasy Flight games!

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 2, 2017

RancidChris
Jul 8, 2011
I, RancidChris Oath to paint 1 Gunsmith and 1 Jackalope from Malifaux for June.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath to paint three birdpeople by Reaper

I don't know the exact names of the minis since they were in an Asian-themed addon from the Bones 3 kickstarter and I don't think they're in the regular catalog yet.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

They're Tengu Wizard, Warrior and Rogue
https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/tengu/latest

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath one Halfling Mage from Stonehaven miniatures and six "Evil Toys" from Reaper

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath Compl... well, not so much. I originally oathed these for June I think, but things have clearly not gone as planned. But I am gonna make up a fake cheevo to go with my fake oath, claiming Better Late Than Never!.

These were fun to paint, but god drat do they have a ton of detail.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

I, Thundercloud, oath 5 plasma biglys, a bigly captain and a bigly lieutenant for the month of August. They are in big scale from Games Workshop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I, poster JcDent, oath these 12 metal Cadians, one Kasrkin, one Stormtrooper and one space adventurer for the month of August

The Cadians, the Kasrkin and the Stomie are all 28mm by Games Workshop. The Space Adventurer has a chainsword from Burning of Prospero, but is otherwise a 28mm miniature by Tim Prow/ Diehard miniatures.

• Locked thread